NurseSunshine

Santa Rosa, CA

#129 Feb 8, 2013
If it is really scabies permethrin should work. Treat entire body from the neck down leave on overnight and repeat in a week. Everyone who shares a household or close physical contact should be treated. Unless you already have a scabies infestation on your neck, they should not "travel to your head" They are microscopic and they just don't move that fast. Launder all linens in hot water and dry in hot dryer before and after both treatments, or seal in plastic bags for at least a week. That includes any clothing or items that have been in contact with your skin. Anything that is not laundered, sealed or dry cleaned can be sprayed thoroughly with lice/mite spray. Vacuum all surfaces including mattress , couches, pillows thoroughly before and after treatment and spray with lice/mite spray as well. Be sure to take out vacuum bag each time and discard. Wipe all surfaces you have come into contact with before and after treatment as well. Then, BE PATIENT! Permetherin is irritating and can cause a rash itself. The itching may get better initially then get worse again a few days later. BE PATIENT! Use tea tree oil or lotion if your skin is irritated. The itching from the permethrin and the dead mites and mite eggs growing out of your skin can persist for a few weeks after treatment. Do NOT bathe in bleach or borax or hydrogen peroxide unless your doctor has instructed you to do so. If new areas of bumps are developing 2-3 weeks AFTER your last treatment, you should see your physician to determine if you still have an infestation and need further treatment. For about 6 weeks I was obsessing over this and going crazy trying to figure out if I was "cured" or not. I avoided friends, family member and most public places for fear of spreading it. Try not to obssess too much and BE PATIENT! Good luck!
jcall999999

Surrey, Canada

#130 Apr 14, 2013
Sounds good.

Had these mites from hell since Dec 2012..

I've treated myself 5 or 6 times now. Some a week apart, now 3 days apart. Also, after 1st treatment noticed mites in my hair, ears, nose and eyelids..! So all treatments now are: Scalp -to- Toes.

You mentioned they keep growing out of skin for 2 weeks - maybe that's what's I'm seeing not new ones.. hmm.. Maybe dead but just raising up/out as you say.

Will give honest shot at patience a try your way and let all know what I come up with.

One thing though, just remembered, first 'clinic' doctors I saw - started me off with betamethazone (i.e. a gluco..cort..steriod)- mites went absolutely crazy - read later (CDC I think)- the worst thing they could have prescribes - creates more of them - and more resistance - I've got ~100 sores (females) and tons of males hoping around on a bad day (disgusting). Only time all quiet is with 5% lotion / cream on. Now for 24 hrs for a bit of peace.

Last time picked out most male colonies via tea tree oil / coconut conditioner / green 'stinging' type hand sanitizer then mayonaise (read somewhere) smother entire sore -plus- all (~ 3) male feeds (tiny black spots around each sore).

The males (small arrowheads)'mostly' come out and sometimes the females (larger round ones) eject themselves trying to 'fall' onto any area of the body to start sucking on /implanting themselves into (again disgusting).

They absolutely never stop - like the terminator.

So I'll try anything.

And this time, no disturbing anything, let the 5% cream do it's thing, however mucho skeptical, but God I hope so.

Oh ya, Some things I've found:

- Vinyl gloves slows new spots..,-plus- no males (black ones) can get under the fingernails, etc..

- Leave them alone while treatment lotion /cream is taking effect (starting now). Scatching /picking(my fav) seems to re-awaken some of them (via bloodstream messaging I think). Picking triggers males to hop around and fertilize loads of female - sores /spots.

- similarly put off that first 'continuous' scratch, that's what starts the avalanche of itches I've found - way way easier said - I know, I know.

My Dermatologist says it's just a dermatitis - prescribed broad antibiotic. Ya.

Emerg doc said I can treat if scabies with OTC meds - off to the races then (end of Feb at that pt) Yikes. But would not ck to verify since I said I thought I had in my hair as well. Young doc too - said impossible.

My diff diag I came up with scabies. Have tens of females and male specimens so for sure scabies -plus- tracks everywhere (most likely from the betaderm cream init prescribed at clinic). My own doc does not know what to do but got me the dermo doc appt, ehh ya.

4 month Nightmare and counting..

OK Patience, patience. I already know if ''nest'' actually 'cluster' is disturbed, they all go nuts - 5% cream or not.

I'll let you all know OK. Anything I can do to help.

signed ..

Almost ready for Ivermectin ..
Hadscabies

Santa Rosa, CA

#131 Apr 18, 2013
jcall999999 wrote:
Sounds good.
Had these mites from hell since Dec 2012..
I've treated myself 5 or 6 times now. Some a week apart, now 3 days apart. Also, after 1st treatment noticed mites in my hair, ears, nose and eyelids..! So all treatments now are: Scalp -to- Toes.
You mentioned they keep growing out of skin for 2 weeks - maybe that's what's I'm seeing not new ones.. hmm.. Maybe dead but just raising up/out as you say.
Will give honest shot at patience a try your way and let all know what I come up with.
One thing though, just remembered, first 'clinic' doctors I saw - started me off with betamethazone (i.e. a gluco..cort..steriod)- mites went absolutely crazy - read later (CDC I think)- the worst thing they could have prescribes - creates more of them - and more resistance - I've got ~100 sores (females) and tons of males hoping around on a bad day (disgusting). Only time all quiet is with 5% lotion / cream on. Now for 24 hrs for a bit of peace.
Last time picked out most male colonies via tea tree oil / coconut conditioner / green 'stinging' type hand sanitizer then mayonaise (read somewhere) smother entire sore -plus- all (~ 3) male feeds (tiny black spots around each sore).
The males (small arrowheads)'mostly' come out and sometimes the females (larger round ones) eject themselves trying to 'fall' onto any area of the body to start sucking on /implanting themselves into (again disgusting).
They absolutely never stop - like the terminator.
So I'll try anything.
And this time, no disturbing anything, let the 5% cream do it's thing, however mucho skeptical, but God I hope so.
Oh ya, Some things I've found:
- Vinyl gloves slows new spots..,-plus- no males (black ones) can get under the fingernails, etc..
- Leave them alone while treatment lotion /cream is taking effect (starting now). Scatching /picking(my fav) seems to re-awaken some of them (via bloodstream messaging I think). Picking triggers males to hop around and fertilize loads of female - sores /spots.
- similarly put off that first 'continuous' scratch, that's what starts the avalanche of itches I've found - way way easier said - I know, I know.
My Dermatologist says it's just a dermatitis - prescribed broad antibiotic. Ya.
Emerg doc said I can treat if scabies with OTC meds - off to the races then (end of Feb at that pt) Yikes. But would not ck to verify since I said I thought I had in my hair as well. Young doc too - said impossible.
My diff diag I came up with scabies. Have tens of females and male specimens so for sure scabies -plus- tracks everywhere (most likely from the betaderm cream init prescribed at clinic). My own doc does not know what to do but got me the dermo doc appt, ehh ya.
4 month Nightmare and counting..
OK Patience, patience. I already know if ''nest'' actually 'cluster' is disturbed, they all go nuts - 5% cream or not.
I'll let you all know OK. Anything I can do to help.
signed ..
Almost ready for Ivermectin ..
I'm wondering if you have another kind of mite... Didn't think scabies are visible with the naked eye....
AmIallclear

Cardiff, UK

#132 Apr 30, 2013
I found out I had scabies and that my friend had given them to me. I started noticing the itching about 2 - 3 weeks ago, my mum got me the permethrin 5% cream and I did neck down a day ago (Monday, it's Wednesday morning) I'm still itching but trying not to. My mum has steamed and vacuumed my whole room and washed all bedding and is going to buy me a new quilt.
I have a new boyfriend and was hoping to meet up with him tomorrow, is there any chance he could get infected? I also work with food, am I safe to go to work?
I'm really scared and feel disgusting!
I'm going to do second treatment in a weeks time but I just want to do it every day!
Troubled mum

Brisbane, Australia

#133 Jun 20, 2013
If they are microscopic how can some ppl say they are visible? Wouldn't that be body lice ?
VSS

Hollywood, FL

#134 Jun 20, 2013
Troubled mum wrote:
If they are microscopic how can some ppl say they are visible? Wouldn't that be body lice ?
It's whatever you want them to be in that little head of yours.
jessika27

San Antonio, TX

#135 Jul 1, 2013
HELLO, SO HERES THE DEAL IM A SINGLE MOTHER WITH 3 KIDS SO WE BEEN ITCHING LIKE CRAZY SO IRRITATING I CANT TAKE THIS ITCHING MY POOR BABIES.:(SO WE GOT THAT PERMETHRIN CREAM SO WE APPLY IT TO OUR ENTIRE BODY. ITS ONLY BEEN DAY ONE.AND WE ARE STILL ITCHING.DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT ELSE I CAN DO.EVERYONE THINKS IM CRAZY THEY SAY ITS MY NERVES MY CHILDREN FEEL THE SAME THING I NEED HELP THIS ITCHING SUCKS ITS A UGLY FEELING
Horrible feeling

Los Banos, CA

#136 Jul 14, 2013
jessika27 wrote:
HELLO, SO HERES THE DEAL IM A SINGLE MOTHER WITH 3 KIDS SO WE BEEN ITCHING LIKE CRAZY SO IRRITATING I CANT TAKE THIS ITCHING MY POOR BABIES.:(SO WE GOT THAT PERMETHRIN CREAM SO WE APPLY IT TO OUR ENTIRE BODY. ITS ONLY BEEN DAY ONE.AND WE ARE STILL ITCHING.DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT ELSE I CAN DO.EVERYONE THINKS IM CRAZY THEY SAY ITS MY NERVES MY CHILDREN FEEL THE SAME THING I NEED HELP THIS ITCHING SUCKS ITS A UGLY FEELING
IM on about the second day after my application and I feel the same way. It's I'd driving me crazy. Sometimes I think I'm infected again but why I'm gonna try to do is wait 2-4 weeks like some people say to do and see what happens. I really hate having this and just want it to go away! I feel really bad about your three kids and hope all goes well
So itchy

Paramount, CA

#137 Jul 20, 2013
So I went to the doc and he said I have scabies I used the 5% cream and to the next day I started getting the little bumps places I didn't have them in and now I'm going to put some 3 days from now which will be 7 day from when I put my first treatment I really hope the scabies go away because I start school in like 2 weeks :(
Chris

Paramount, CA

#138 Jul 20, 2013
Horrible feeling wrote:
<quoted text>
IM on about the second day after my application and I feel the same way. It's I'd driving me crazy. Sometimes I think I'm infected again but why I'm gonna try to do is wait 2-4 weeks like some people say to do and see what happens. I really hate having this and just want it to go away! I feel really bad about your three kids and hope all goes well
I also have a couple of days treating scabies with the cream and doesn't really seem to be working I guess I just have to wait but I'm so tireof the itching I peeled my skin on my toe from scratching Hugh just die scabies!!
cured of scabies

Hemet, CA

#139 Jul 20, 2013
I am sure the permethrins creams are working. I had tried absolutely everything on this forum until I realized the truth of why I couldn't get rid of scabies! Most people don't realize that it is their environment that reinfects them. I had gone through this dance for yrs....getting cured and then getting them again by wearing clothes that I had washed.....but what most people don't realize is that scabies are hardy enough to even live through washes with bleach!! It wasn't until I started boiling the clothes that I wore and just about threw out my bedding that I was able to be cured. So all you folks dealing with scabies, please learn from my experience and take my advice!! You will rid of these demons in no time!!!
concerned

United States

#140 Aug 24, 2013
I have used the scabies treatment twice and I never really itched that bad to begin with. I've noticed red splotches, like a small rash, just on my arms abd my skin has gotten very dry and flakey. I was wondering if any one else has had this happen and, if so, is it normal?
jadesbuggy

United States

#141 Aug 27, 2013
Pls call me! I have to talk to someone.pls... email me jadeluvs2read@gmail.com. i thk it may b the other mite tht can only b killed by something else.not permythrin5
Emmas mommy

United States

#142 Aug 30, 2013
Hi everyone.. My 2 year old got this rash that started at her wrists and took about a week to start to spread.. I took her to the E.R. And they diagnosed her with scabies and gave me a tube of permethrin, I have since applied it to every inch of her body and it is now the day after and she is itching more then ever her rash looks worse! Did it not work? Should I apply more? After application of the cream is it contageous?? Noone in my home has had any symptoms could we still get it?
Ahhh

Bradenton, FL

#143 Sep 7, 2013
i got checked for scabies even though i wasnt showing many signs because i heard it was going around my school. sure enough, the dr said i had it. i treated myself 4 days ago with permethrin 5%. i put it head to toe and even through my hair to be safe. everyday after, i have been getting bumps, itching like crazy, and now im seeing it spread!! is this because of the cream killing what i could not see or am i getting infested??
mizfit916

Ione, CA

#144 Sep 20, 2013
I ve been dected of having scabies and have passed it on to my 2 year old son but I have used the ointment on wednesday but on thursday nite I got super itchy is that normal or is that the side effects of the medicine? Can sumone please help its my first time gettin this scabies thing how long will it take to get cured ? Please email me more info..... mizfit916@gmail.con
Jim

Tacoma, WA

#145 Sep 24, 2013
You can make 5% permethrin cream. Buy 10% permethrin from Walmart.com . buy goldbond lotion. Mix a cup of lotion with a cup of permethrin liquid to dilute it to 5%. Cost me about 25 bucks. Fuck buying prescription for 160 bucks. If you dont have a credit card just buy a Walmart gift card from store and use it online to order permethrin 10% you can buy lotion at store.
2Cor1_4

Fort Worth, TX

#146 Sep 24, 2013
From linked article:
"Topical treatment requires an eight-hour application over the entire body, including the
eyelids, nail beds, behind the ears, and groin. There is no clinical contraindication to treatment of the scalp and face, despite instructions on some package inserts that discourage such application."

I did eyelids last and in bed just as I shut my eyes to go to sleep. Probably need to turn ceiling fan off.

Scabies info starts on page 4
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j....
Lisa

Modesto, CA

#147 Sep 28, 2013
I bought permethrin here http://securetablets.com/... they don't ask for a prescription and it finally got rid of my scabies after a few treatments.
Rose

Brampton, Canada

#149 Nov 24, 2013
jammer wrote:
Hiya well ive got rid of 4 separate cases of scabies that came from 4 completally separate sources,thats my history.
So first thing to realise is this board and many others are the very worst cases imho a lot of what you read on hear are people suffering with the post scabies and permethrin side effects im pretty sure 90% of the people on here are allready cured but because of side effects they just keep going a lot of people just dont seem to understand that if you keep pasting on heavy treatment after heavy treatment you wont ever stop itching.How will it stop if you dont??
Permethrin in my opinion releives for the first few days then the itching and rash comes back like mad this makes you think your infected again but for me its not,its the side effects of the treatment.
Sounds to me like the permethrin is the thing now causing your rash which is good.
Ive lived in 3 shared houses when ive had this and no one else has ever got it, as long as you dont have prolonged skin to skin contact with them its very easy not to pass it on especially if you wash a lot,i bath everytime i got back from work its not as contagious as people make it out to be your house is not covered in thousands of them.
As for your new bumps you have to realise that the rash you get from scabies is an allergic reaction to the debris of the scabies and doesnt mean that there is any bugs where the bumps are the only real way of confirming you have a reinfectation is if you find new burrows but ive only ever seen one so i dont bother looking.
The only way youll know your cured is to leave it a month see what happens dont get obssesed. hope this helps :)
I agree. When I did my first treatment with permethrin, It made the burrows swell and almost looked like it was drawing them out. And I keep trying to remind myself of that, and telling myself that there is only one way they can go, dead or alive, and its not gonna be the easy way. I think these boards need to put RECOVERY photos. What does it look like while your healing? I happen to have large pours bc I have ocd and I pick, which is how I contracted them. For all your pickers out there that pick bc they fear shit is in there skin, if you pick, it'll happen. Anyways. Does anyone else have them on your nose?
I dont know, my theory is, if the symptoms can persist after treatment, I think you may see some new spots, I think existing spots will get worse, bc your natural bodily response is get rid of stuff thats not suppose to be there. And i wouldnt recommend picking them either, I think they get worse that way and bug you more. When I dont touch what itches, and I dont pick, they dont pester the crap out of me.
Last question, while having the permethin on your skin, do you feel like a pulsating feeling almost, or activity.. I guess.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Albendazole/Valbazen Cure (Dec '13) 5 hr ashleyshere 133
ScabiesBGone treatment, any advice?? 5 hr ashleyshere 5
Pics of scabies + 80$ cure! 6 hr Owner of ScabiesB... 5
ivermectin dosage chart and info (Oct '11) 9 hr scratcher 680
difference between permethrin itching and mite ... (Jun '10) 15 hr stopTHEscratch 174
how to get rid of scabies and not get reinfested (Feb '13) 16 hr canine variety 68
how do i get rid of scabies once and for all? i... (Feb '07) 23 hr over finally 4,201
Scabies on face and scalp? (Aug '07) Jan 25 sara james 907
More from around the web