scabies in the UK - i'm going crazy

Posted in the Scabies Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
helpUK

Liverpool, UK

#1 Jan 15, 2008
I've had scabies for about a year, its been horrible - i've tried derbac M a heaps of times, lyclear a few times, been to saunas and nothing has worked at all, spending well over 150. I used to have the most beautiful skin, now it is crap. I'm so depressed - there seems to be no hope. I've searched the internet to see if I can get ivermectin in the UK but I don't think that I can. I'm really at my wits end. can someone help me out anyone in the UK out there? I'm meant to be seeing my grandparents soon and one is not so well and would absolutely feel horrible if I gave them scabies or encrusted scabies fo that matter... please help me someone
YupMe2

Billings, MT

#2 Jan 15, 2008
helpUK wrote:
I've had scabies for about a year, its been horrible - i've tried derbac M a heaps of times, lyclear a few times, been to saunas and nothing has worked at all, spending well over 150. I used to have the most beautiful skin, now it is crap. I'm so depressed - there seems to be no hope. I've searched the internet to see if I can get ivermectin in the UK but I don't think that I can. I'm really at my wits end. can someone help me out anyone in the UK out there? I'm meant to be seeing my grandparents soon and one is not so well and would absolutely feel horrible if I gave them scabies or encrusted scabies fo that matter... please help me someone
Have you tried the veternarians and feed supply stores in the UK for the Ivermectin paste they give horses? Also you can order people ivermectin over the internet from India - just type "Stromectol" in Google and it will bring up a number of online pharmacies. My skin also is ruined - I look like someone has been beating me regularly with a baseball bat. I am wondering if I will be scarred for life....but, I do not have scabies anymore after about 10 months of constantly abusing my skin.

Since: Dec 07

Providence, RI

#3 Jan 15, 2008
Don't bother with Ivercare 1.87 horse paste. It may do something positive for horses, but it sure don't do diddly for humans. This is a complete waste of money. I know, I've used that and also Ivermectin tablets prescribed by a physican and received from my local pharmacy.

Since: Dec 07

Providence, RI

#4 Jan 15, 2008
Don't bother with Ivercare 1.87% ivermectin oral horse paste. It does absolutely nothing for humans. I know. I've tried Ivermectin tablets from my local pharmacy (physican prescribed), which worked well. I tried the Ivercare horse paste and even took multiple doses per day after awhile, just to confirm my suspicions that it is complete bunk as a human treatment for scabies.
Welty

AOL

#5 Jan 17, 2008
You can get some Stromectol from Magicpharma.com . It's online so you have access, and several posters have bought from that site with no problems. They will send the packaging with it, it's Ivermectin for humans. Takes a little while to come, maybe 2 1/2 weeks or 3 weeks. Be sure to take a full dose, plus maybe even a bit extra. See the dosage thread and buy plenty to start. Most posters tweak it up a little. It seems like the safest stuff we have in the arsenol. Get plenty for everyone in the household enough for four weekly doses apiece at a plentiful dose, and take it every seven days for a month or even five weeks. Keep yourself greased up with moisturizer on your pill taking days to keep it circulating in your moist skin and do not, no, do not, bathe for two days to further keep it in your skin. Then bathe. Then try some Permethrin midweek. Or try Permethrin at the same time as the Iver, 8 to twelve hours before you're going to bathe, which will also take off the Iver, so wait a day and a half to apply if you want to combine the Iver with the Permethrin. Maybe drink grapefruit juice (if you don't take any meds that grapefruit can interfere with to increas the half life of the Iver). Anything else, MK?(I learned this all from Mite Killer).
Mite Killer

Rancho Santa Fe, CA

#6 Jan 17, 2008
ihaditbad wrote:
Don't bother with Ivercare 1.87% ivermectin oral horse paste. It does absolutely nothing for humans. I know. I've tried Ivermectin tablets from my local pharmacy (physican prescribed), which worked well. I tried the Ivercare horse paste and even took multiple doses per day after awhile, just to confirm my suspicions that it is complete bunk as a human treatment for scabies.
I agree and I got a lot of flack several months ago from other posters because of my stance on this. I stand firm on this. I don't think the horse paste is effective for killing sarcoptic mites.
I too used plenty of it(several tubes) without results. On the other hand, I got great results by using Rx for human use Ivermectin.
Welty

AOL

#7 Jan 17, 2008
Oh, and treat any pets that you have with Iver shots at the Vet or get American "Revolution" for them. Treat them at the same time. Oh, please delay that trip to Grandma/pa's until you are on the last day of your treatment and not contagious and get away from your envrironment for awhile. It should keep it from coming back and you won't expose them. Not worth the risk for them. Put them off, please.
Welty

AOL

#8 Jan 17, 2008
Re: Grandparents. I think if you're not staying over at their house you should be fine with precautions, I somehow read in that you'd be staying with them, and don't know why I read that into this. Just let them know you love them, blow them kisses, and smile a lot and say you have a bad cold or whatever it takes but don't touch them a lot and sit in a hard seat if possible and say your back is out and you need a kitchen or dining chair. Or if they know, they will respect your bounderies.
Mite Killer

Rancho Santa Fe, CA

#10 Jan 17, 2008
Welty wrote:
Maybe drink grapefruit juice (if you don't take any meds that grapefruit can interfere with to increas the half life of the Iver). Anything else, MK?(I learned this all from Mite Killer).
Welty, I can't take credit but that really gave me a good belly laugh. That grapefruit news flash was from Progress. "Hold the Bath" was brought up by Slomo and then Progress.

You are very smart to tell posters to check first if taking other meds before drinking the grapefruit juice with Ivermectin.

Wow I just got four 8's my post it box!!!!! Wish this was a slot machine.

skabes

Sacramento, CA

#11 Apr 3, 2008
wow so i take it you guys are pretty much cured with the use of Stromectol from that site previously listed? I've taken several tubes of the Ivermectin paste to no avail myself. I've had this for a year and have used Derback M, Lindane (even though i shouldn't have), and and permethrin. Apparently it's gotten so bad over the months even with the treatment, that it's started to crust in certain places on my feet. Not only that, but I followed the application advice to where you only apply it from the neck down? It seems that they've figured out that the cream wasn't being applied from the neck up. The result was several pimples around my temples and back of my neck, although not in the hair on my head itself. Hopefully this site is legit and the pills work. From what I've read, they seem to be effective.
Mite Killing Machine

United States

#12 Apr 3, 2008
I used orally several tubes of the paste and it had no effect on the mites. I don't think the ivermectin in the paste reaches the outter layer of skin where the mites burrow.

Human grade stromectol pills taken @ the correct dose kills adult mites.
I've peeled off the crusts and apply the paste as a topical. The crusts may be infested with many mites and care must be taken here to not spread infestation.

I used Quest gel(moxidectin)topical too. Some is obsorbed but I don't know to what extent, it may not be fully systemic. But it appears to work for the area where it's applied.

I've used a whole tube of paste and the gel on my hands without a side effect problem but that does not mean it's ok for everyone. My hands cleared up though.

Some of the internet sites selling Ivermectin sell fake stuff. You can look online and see photos of what the pills should look like.

Disclaimer: My opinion only. Always consult a trained professional for treatment advice.
Sam

Sonora, CA

#13 Apr 4, 2008
skabes wrote:
wow so i take it you guys are pretty much cured with the use of Stromectol from that site previously listed? I've taken several tubes of the Ivermectin paste to no avail myself. I've had this for a year and have used Derback M, Lindane (even though i shouldn't have), and and permethrin. Apparently it's gotten so bad over the months even with the treatment, that it's started to crust in certain places on my feet. Not only that, but I followed the application advice to where you only apply it from the neck down? It seems that they've figured out that the cream wasn't being applied from the neck up. The result was several pimples around my temples and back of my neck, although not in the hair on my head itself. Hopefully this site is legit and the pills work. From what I've read, they seem to be effective.
I soaked my feet in borax and hot water nightly. Before that, nothing would penetrate the mites in my feet, not ivermectin or topicals. Then scrub all the dead skin and calluses off and apply your topical. This was recommended by 2Scratch's infamous derm and it worked. New sox and shoes, then bury your shoes in borax every night.

Since: Jul 08

Reading, UK

#14 Jul 7, 2008
YupMe2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Also you can order people ivermectin over the internet from India - just type "Stromectol" in Google and it will bring up a number of online pharmacies.
Hi,

Do you, or anyone else who might be reading this, know of a *reliable* online pharmacy that will ship to the UK...

MagicPharma seems to be the best bet but they're on holiday until Aug 10, and I can't wait that long. Note, ivermectin doesn't appear to be available on prescription in the UK.

Thx,

S.

PS I tried permethrin cream, but the gp didn't give me enough to wait out the die-off, and I got reinfested. I'm now trying to drown the little scum in vaseline (It's horrible, btw). Any thoughts on that?

UK

#15 Jul 7, 2008
Hi Help UK - I'm concerned you have been going a year with this. Its a sign that your immune system is highly compromised. Boost it anyway you can - supplements, diet, stop smoking/drinking or drugs(?) Apologies if any of these dont apply to you.
Also the medicines/creams you have been using can be dangerous long term. Google them to see why.
Your home needs treating as well as you. Time consuming & boring but so worth it in the end.
The mites are resistant to most chemicals so go with natural remedies/substances. Its time to see your doctor or a dermatologist but I strongly suggest you go to someone who knows about natural cures as well as chemical ones.
Best of luck. I'll be thinking of you :-)

Reading, UK

#16 Jul 7, 2008
Hi, Jennifer, isn't permethrin derived from plant pyrethrins, a netural insecticide? Also, why would a natural remedy be any less susceptible to defeat by the (natural) evolutionary process that drives resistance to non-natural pesticides? People had scabies long before they had modern pesticides.

Also, aren't you making a rather large and worrying assumption about the state of someone's immune system here?

And, are you going with the belief that a healthy immue system can fight *anything*?

I agree with you that the person in question needs to see a doctor and/or a dermatologist.

Sorry to nit-pick (no pun intended), but bad advice is often worse than none.
Alhatesitchen

Olympia, WA

#17 Jul 7, 2008
Cephalophage wrote:
Hi, Jennifer, isn't permethrin derived from plant pyrethrins, a netural insecticide? Also, why would a natural remedy be any less susceptible to defeat by the (natural) evolutionary process that drives resistance to non-natural pesticides? People had scabies long before they had modern pesticides.
Also, aren't you making a rather large and worrying assumption about the state of someone's immune system here?
And, are you going with the belief that a healthy immue system can fight *anything*?
I agree with you that the person in question needs to see a doctor and/or a dermatologist.
Sorry to nit-pick (no pun intended), but bad advice is often worse than none.
Permethrine is very dangerous and toxic. There can be long term effects with repeated uses. Yes it is derived from natural flowers but this is man made sythetic. If you are looking for natural cure go with sulfer treatment. You have to leave it on for 24 hours a day for 3 days straight. Meaning you wake up in the morning take a bath and put on sulfer ointment and then the next day follow the same routine. 3 days and take a break for 3 days and then do it for 3 days straight. I know this because I have done every thing possible. PERM, Ivermectin, and others but only way you are going to beat this is with ALOT OF cleaning, laundry and something on your skin for 24 hours a day for awhile.

Reading, UK

#18 Jul 7, 2008
Alhatesitchen wrote:
<quoted text>Permethrine is very dangerous and toxic.
Thank you for your contribution, but I should point out that I wasn't recommending the use of permethrin - I was merely trying to underline the artificial distinctions people make 'natural' and otherwise. I'm very uncomfortable with the idea that 'natural' is automatically best.

I've tried permethrin (and I laundered all my stuff at high temp). I did this on the advice of my doctor, who used to work in an STD clinic. It didn't work. I *suspect* that this is because Permethrin was developed in the 50s, and the mites have had 600 to 1200 generations in which to evolve and, through outbreeding, spread resistance.

But back to the natural/artificial divide.

Some entirely natural things which aren't good for you: Asteroid and cometary impact. Gamma ray bursters. Ebola. HIV. Being eaten by a polar bear. Tsunami. Old age. Death. Scrofula. Supernova events. Oh, and scabies.

I'm keen to try ivermectin, actually. In the interim, I'm trying something else. I'll let you know how that works out.
Natural cures

AOL

#19 Jul 7, 2008
the infested scabatics on this forum HATE and attack natural cures, so do not bother casting your pearls before the swine here, they want illicit sex, thievery, perverted lives and junk food and they all follow the lies of the diseased crusted scabatic athiest God hater, uncured sam. most here are too far gone for natural cures, they need surgury hospitalization and drugs.
sane people who live clean visit www.curezone.com for natural cures
perverts like sam can eat horse paste and use 10 tubes of perm and still be dripping scabies like thier sickie leader crusted scabatic sam...vomit.
Natural cures

AOL

#20 Jul 7, 2008
ivermectin is a fungus that eats worms behind eyeballs, no one here has been cured with fungus iver.
Itty Bitty Critters

Hollywood, FL

#21 Jul 8, 2008
Natural cures wrote:
ivermectin is a fungus that eats worms behind eyeballs, no one here has been cured with fungus iver.
Aha. There have been many many people on this forum that have been cured with ivermectin, in addition to using other things, like permethrin and/or sulfur. Also, I find that those who do extensive cleaning, are the ones who get cured faster than those who are a little lazy in that area. Way are you saying these things about ivermectin? Just because you are fighting with another poster on here, you shouldn't say things like this. Stop it.(Oh, remember when you said that painting your walls with latex paint, will kill them. Yes, it will, but only until another one climbs up on the newly painted wall and then the ceiling, waiting for you to climb in your bed at night, then they drop right on you, on your head, and kaboom, they are home sweet home again).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Scabies on face and scalp? (Aug '07) 28 min jad0809 909
how do i get rid of scabies once and for all? i... (Feb '07) 4 hr betseyB 4,203
Albendazole/Valbazen Cure (Dec '13) 9 hr scratcher 134
ScabiesBGone treatment, any advice?? 15 hr jen 6
Pics of scabies + 80$ cure! 16 hr jen 6
Pin Prick & Crawling Sensations? Post Scabies T... (Apr '12) 17 hr Feelinghelpless 200
Post Scabies Red Bumps (Aug '09) 20 hr Feelinghelpless 133
More from around the web