infectious scabies - my story

Posted in the Scabies Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#1 Apr 28, 2012
well i am doing this real time, let me tell you it's been almost three years of living hell.

but first things first...

i am homeless, one problem is keeping my clothing and sleeping areas mite free.

i am a vegetarian today, usually i am a vegan. so i am going to spin alot of this stuff around a plant based diet. deal with it.

and please keep the retarded troll opinions and idiotic name calling to a minimum. there ain't no losers here. that's just the way it is. heh.
aardvark

Savannah, GA

#2 Apr 28, 2012
Hi i think its great you doing this realtime

Sorry youre homeless. I caught mine from an ex that i saw a year after we split who was on hard times with homelessness, and she had gotten them in a shelter, we think. I took her in for a few nights and helped her get some housing situated.

I hope that youre getting good medical advice and access to the right meds? i think this is nothing to mess around with, certain meds are necessary<<< Oh, and sometimes secondary infections happen, so follow up with the doctors i hope you can.

Dietary suppliments seem have helped alot of people recover faster from the itch , that lingers for a while (several weeks +)after a few decent treatments with the right meds. You should be able to get decent help cause shelters are extra concerned with containing outbreaks?

There are some extreem things going on here, use your best judgment, to not damage your skin more... 3 years is a long time to have it, and it wont clear up right away, but dont panic.

:)
aardvark

Savannah, GA

#3 Apr 28, 2012
also i think it takes a few treatments spaced out over a few weeks. and maybe more if its crusted or norweigen scabies cause those are inside calouses.

they can stay in clothes for a while (few days maybe longer), so that is going to be key for you, hot washing your clothes/shoes in BORAX or bleach. If you can get ahold of new clean clothes for a while from charity? that would definately help ALOT.

call 211 they should have that in most states

aardvark

Savannah, GA

#4 Apr 28, 2012
you're going to need ivermectin to beat theese plus a few topicals, and the whole laundry deal. Maybe antibiotics and or antifungals if you have open sores.

K good luck.

Location hidden

#5 May 1, 2012
aardvark wrote:
Hi i think its great you doing this realtime
Sorry youre homeless. I caught mine from an ex that i saw a year after we split who was on hard times with homelessness, and she had gotten them in a shelter, we think. I took her in for a few nights and helped her get some housing situated.
I hope that youre getting good medical advice and access to the right meds? i think this is nothing to mess around with, certain meds are necessary<<< Oh, and sometimes secondary infections happen, so follow up with the doctors i hope you can.
Dietary suppliments seem have helped alot of people recover faster from the itch , that lingers for a while (several weeks +)after a few decent treatments with the right meds. You should be able to get decent help cause shelters are extra concerned with containing outbreaks?
There are some extreem things going on here, use your best judgment, to not damage your skin more... 3 years is a long time to have it, and it wont clear up right away, but dont panic.
:)
realtime. yes and thank you. it's always a pleasure.
homelessness. not that big of a problem around here, that is. mucho experience on my end.
scabies bad news no doubt about it.
possible that someone caught it in a shelter. no doubt. it's rather puzzling to say the least.
medical advice. i learn things here and there. to quote Henry Ford or Aldous Huxley "History is Bunk" believe it.
decent help. highly improbable for reasons unknown.
nothing to mess around with. that is correct.
secondary infections. yeah, that does seem to be my biggest concern right now.
follow up doctors. not this year. hard to say.
the itch. pure unadulterated torture.
the right meds. absolutely.
don't panic. not in my dictionary unfortunately. that is another riddle for me, that i must put together and solve.

let's move on...

Savannah, GA

#6 May 1, 2012
lets move on..

read this thread

http://www.topix.com/forum/health/scabies/TNS...

best solution seemms to be topical and internal, at the same time. and to keep it up for the life /hatching cycle of the mite.(some weeks -)

If that doesnt kill it, i agree with "progress" its something else in addition, or entirely.

(progress was a doctor of osteopathic medicine)

i took ivermectin and permetherin. Im about 30 days past treatment, and . like how can i explain this, still inconvienenced with itching , but its not the same. No new bites, just sensations of itch, Im waiting to see symptoms (not feel sensations) before i put more pesticide on my skin, and take more antiparasitic at the same time)

Lots of help here. You'll be ok.

Use ivermectin 1.87%( apple tastes good ) 2x body weight.

+ topical leave it ON

wart cream and topical scabicide alternating days on calouses .

Wish you the best. Im out.

Savannah, GA

#7 May 1, 2012
last thing, PERSONALLY i treated 8 x over 3 weeks, with oral iver and topical perm.

After that, I REALIZED that itching could last for several months MAYBE...

Biut i think its a good idea to give my skin a break to HEAL, because the medicine can cause some of the sdame symptoms. I did have some bumps and hives and irritation, but id didnt LOOK like the scabies, and actually feels different.(also cleared FAST. Uncomfortable. But dirrerent sensation)

OK out.:)

OK, out.

Location hidden

#8 May 2, 2012
aardvark wrote:
also i think it takes a few treatments spaced out over a few weeks. and maybe more if its crusted or norweigen scabies cause those are inside calouses.
they can stay in clothes for a while (few days maybe longer), so that is going to be key for you, hot washing your clothes/shoes in BORAX or bleach. If you can get ahold of new clean clothes for a while from charity? that would definately help ALOT.
i agree totally. i am making a lot of loose assumptions here, beyond their reproduction and rhythm cycles, and how long the mites can stay active after they leave your body and hide in your clothing and other precious places. i do call 211, actually i don't, but only when i need to. clean clothes yes, it gets expensive, since as poor as i am it gets really expensive to drop anywhere from about $2 to $5 a day on shirts alone. i also don't think things are just throw away items, it ridiculous for me anyway to spend about $10 just to do a handful of laundry. as far as charity goes the girls from struggle mountain, yes that struggle mountain dress me out in very expensive clothes. e.g. right now i am wearing a pair of running shoes that prolly cost about $200 and then some. so peace on earth.

Location hidden

#9 May 2, 2012
aardvark wrote:
yeah it's a mess, no doubt about it. as far as clothing goes, the girls and boys from struggle mountain dress me out real sharp. in fact right now i am wearing a nice pair of expensive running shoes that retail for over $200 easily. so peace on earth.

Location hidden

#10 May 31, 2012
i seem to have discovered that using the right soap everyday and eating right, makes a big difference. i am attempting to keep my blood sugar and blood glucose levels at an absolute minimum, having said that i eat a luna bar at least 3X a week. that seems to help. i still need to look at that thread mentioned above.

Location hidden

#11 Jun 14, 2012
i am back to using de la Cruz 10% Sulfur Ointment
pomada de azufre. i also am using tea tree oil at nights on problem areas.

Location hidden

#12 Jun 29, 2012
i am using emergen-c electrolyte vitamin drink mix with MSM

http://www.emergenc.com/index.php/products/sp...

MSM is organic sulfur and is readily absorbed by the body.

Location hidden

#13 Oct 23, 2012
false diagnosis, actually i am suffering from bed bug bites and/or chiggers. i may have had scabies at one point, but no longer.

Location hidden

#14 Oct 24, 2012
still i find the solutions to this problem run about the same. only difference now is that i don't use de la cruz sulfur ointment on the open wounds, i shower every day and let the wounds be exposed to the air, and use Triple Antibiotic Ointment that i get at Walmart and a mixture or tea tree oil and eucalyptus oil diluted with wather at nights. seems to be doing the trick.

Since: Aug 12

Canada

#15 Oct 24, 2012
Does that treatment make it so the bed bugs don't bite you?

Location hidden

#16 Oct 24, 2012
no. the deal with bed bugs is that they feed on your while you are asleep for two hours, they leave behind the painful lesions and sores. the itching is unbearable so i often scratch the sores open to a big mess of open sores. no this treatment aids in healing.

what i do to make the bed bugs stop biting is that i use alot of eucalyptus oil everywhere, on my body, on my bedding and sometimes my clothing. it seems to do the trick.
mayor mcCheese

Golden, CO

#17 Oct 24, 2012
mojo karma cookie wrote:
no. the deal with bed bugs is that they feed on your while you are asleep for two hours, they leave behind the painful lesions and sores. the itching is unbearable so i often scratch the sores open to a big mess of open sores. no this treatment aids in healing.
what i do to make the bed bugs stop biting is that i use alot of eucalyptus oil everywhere, on my body, on my bedding and sometimes my clothing. it seems to do the trick.
that's great you don't have scabies! no reason for u to be here..........

btw all scabies are infectious, drama queen

Location hidden

#18 Oct 24, 2012
mayor mcCheese wrote:
<quoted text>
that's great you don't have scabies! no reason for u to be here..........
btw all scabies are infectious, drama queen
wrong. you must be a certifiable idiot. i may have had scabies at one point, due to the nature or the sores on my body and the intense itching, or at the very least i thought i did. but that is past now, as i have been able to determine that what i now have and may have had all along is in fact bed bug bites, the lesion and sores look very similar. and infectious scabies is a medical term. and to be honest your semi-lucid commentary is profane and idiotic.
mayor mcCheese

Golden, CO

#19 Oct 24, 2012
mojo karma cookie wrote:
<quoted text>wrong. you must be a certifiable idiot. i may have had scabies at one point, due to the nature or the sores on my body and the intense itching, or at the very least i thought i did. but that is past now, as i have been able to determine that what i now have and may have had all along is in fact bed bug bites, the lesion and sores look very similar. and infectious scabies is a medical term. and to be honest your semi-lucid commentary is profane and idiotic.
go away tard b*tch

Since: Aug 12

Canada

#20 Oct 24, 2012
I think your comments are fine.

There are a few other people who have bizarre afflictions yet post nonstop about scabies and some people my be tired of it.

Not your fault.

Lots come here looking for answers and you are not the first to mistake bedbugs for scabies.

Interesting approach to your situation.

Thanks for the update too.

By the way scabies is referring to the sarcoptic scabie. A very specific affliction.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What relieves mite itching immediately? 1 hr Cmitch22 3
what is an effective treatment for scabies on s... (Jan '14) 6 hr steve marell 30
the cure is so simple, I can't believe it...... (Jan '11) 9 hr jhannamarie 1,549
Reinfection coming from loofah? Mites not in f... 11 hr rowdyca 5
My Ivermectin Treatment Story (Apr '12) 19 hr Rob in Vancouver 1,413
30 days in a row of Ivermectin as a cure (Sep '10) 20 hr Rob in Vancouver 47
Ivermectin, my last shot (Mar '12) 20 hr Rob in Vancouver 59
More from around the web