HELP! How to home-make the Benzyl Ben...

HELP! How to home-make the Benzyl Benzoate 25%

Posted in the Scabies Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Angel

Dalian, China

#1 Mar 3, 2010
Does anyone know how to home make the Benzyl Benzoate 25%?

The BB 25% lotion is not available in China. I can get the 100% BB. I want to home-make the BB 25% and use it as topical. It is said that BB dissolves in organic solvent. But there are many kinds of organic solvent. I dont know which one is suitable and safe for topical use.

If anyone know plese tell me about it. Thank you in advance!

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#2 Mar 3, 2010
Angel, whatever you use, be careful. One poster on here last year made his own and it separated causing burns. Look at pet and farm supply stores. You may be able to to get a mange preparation with the right proportion of BB. There is one over here called Sardex that has a similar percentage to human preparations.
Vann from Tennessee

United States

#3 Mar 3, 2010
Angel,
ItchyGirl is right on. PLEASE be VERY careful. See these links:
Benzyl Benzoate (AKA Ascabiol-25% BB, Benzemul-25% BB)
Symptoms of overdose, Blister formation, crusting, itching, oozing, reddening, or scaling of skin; difficulty in urinating (dribbling); jerking movements; sudden loss of consciousness
http://www.healthopedia.com/drugs/detailed/be...
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/drug-informa...

As an example, Pokadot Patty cured herself of Scabies using her Biosilk treatments, a skin cream that contains only small amounts of Benzoate:
http://www.folica.com/BioSilk_Silk_Th_d811.ht...
See Patty's thread here:
http://www.topix.com/forum/health/scabies/TC1...

Benzamul Link for proper usage:
http://cincottachemist.com.au/product/144276-...
Ascabiol Link for proper usage:
http://home.intekom.com/pharm/aspen-p/ascabio...

Hope this helps,
Vann
Joe

Hollywood, FL

#4 Mar 3, 2010
Angel wrote:
Does anyone know how to home make the Benzyl Benzoate 25%?
The BB 25% lotion is not available in China. I can get the 100% BB. I want to home-make the BB 25% and use it as topical. It is said that BB dissolves in organic solvent. But there are many kinds of organic solvent. I dont know which one is suitable and safe for topical use.
If anyone know plese tell me about it. Thank you in advance!
Use rubbing alcohol. Yes, be careful with it. If you apply it and it is causing discomfort, don't wash it off with water right away. The water will cause a burn. The water activates the burning sensation.
75% rubbing alcohol; 25%(and no more than 25% bb) Benzyl Benzoate.
will cause plastics to melt, keyboards, phones, eyeglasses. be careful with it.
Angel

Dalian, China

#5 Mar 4, 2010
itchygirl, Vann, joe,

Thank you very much for the reply. It is very helpful. I will be very careful. I'm going to make some alcolhol based BB25%

The already made BB25% is not avaible in China, and we cant order it from the foreign website, sigh...

Location hidden

#6 Mar 4, 2010
It is so frustrating when the things that work best for you are only available or easily purchased in other countries. The bb does burn for about 15 minutes, even when used properly. Just hang in there and it feels better after after a little while.

Location hidden

#7 Mar 4, 2010
Another note on BB; Make sure that your skin is totally dry before using. Do not use it straight out of the shower or bath, even if you have toweled off.
Angel

Dalian, China

#8 Mar 8, 2010
Itchygirl, thanks for the note.

Just made some alcohol-based BB25 for enviromental cleaning.

I read from some where that except organic solvent, BB also dissolves in oil. So I tried some vegetable oil such as sesame oil, olive oil. It dissovlved well in them. I think the vegetable oil is a ideal solvent for home-make BB for topical use. It is natural and safe and skin-friendly. I tried to apply the vegetable oil BB 25% on my skin and I got no negtive reaction except the burn sensation, It is not severe, it is torelable.
Marky F

AOL

#9 Jul 15, 2010
Why did you use BB and did it work for you?
despair

Terrebonne, Canada

#10 Jul 16, 2010
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Use rubbing alcohol. Yes, be careful with it. If you apply it and it is causing discomfort, don't wash it off with water right away. The water will cause a burn. The water activates the burning sensation.
75% rubbing alcohol; 25%(and no more than 25% bb) Benzyl Benzoate.
will cause plastics to melt, keyboards, phones, eyeglasses. be careful with it.
HI JOE! I HAVE NOT HAD ANY BREAKOUTS SINCE APRIL APPROX. AND NOW THAT IT IS TERRIBLY HOT; I STILL GET A LITTLE ITCHY SOMETIMES AND I STARTED TAKING BATHS OF ARM AND HAMMER FREE OF DYE AND PERFUME (THE INGREDIENTS ARE SODIUM CARBONATE AND IONIC AND NON-IONIC SURFECTANTS) AND YES, IT DOES STOP THE ITCH. AFTER THE BATH, I DID NOT FEEL ANY ITCH UNTIL THE NEXT DAY , LATE AFTERNOON.
DO YOU KNOW BY EXPERIENCE, IF THAT ITCH WILL LAST FOR YEARS!!! I TRY TO ALTERNATE, ONE BATH ARM AND HAMMER, AND ONE NITE BORAX/H2P02 AND SOMETIMES I ADD APPLE CIDER VINEGAR.
THANKS A LOT
Candice

Vernon, Canada

#11 Apr 20, 2011
Angel - did you use the powder or the pure liquid BB to mix with your sesame oil?
No to the mites

Daytona Beach, FL

#12 May 7, 2012
Guys Benzyl Benzoate 25% European Lotion is now for sale on Amazon:(same vendor i think)Bells

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00810RBV2

Since: May 12

UK

#13 May 7, 2012
You can purchase it on eBay.co.uk and they ship worldwide. I got mine there twice. Mix it also with a little 100% Tea Tree Oil. I read in an abstract that was better. Advantix for dogs over 55 lbs worked better for me though.
Angela

Malden, MA

#14 Apr 13, 2014
I mixed bb with bio silk conditioner to make a 25% solution. The first day was successful. Ran out of Bob so may have to start over.
scabiesboat

Apopka, FL

#15 Mar 4, 2015
Great idea. Buy benzyl benzoate on ebay. Thanks
juliepet

Minneapolis, MN

#16 Nov 19, 2015
Angel wrote:
Itchygirl, thanks for the note.
Just made some alcohol-based BB25 for enviromental cleaning.
I read from some where that except organic solvent, BB also dissolves in oil. So I tried some vegetable oil such as sesame oil, olive oil. It dissovlved well in them. I think the vegetable oil is a ideal solvent for home-make BB for topical use. It is natural and safe and skin-friendly. I tried to apply the vegetable oil BB 25% on my skin and I got no negtive reaction except the burn sensation, It is not severe, it is torelable.

Hi what portions would I mix with 100 pure BB and vegtable oil or olive oil to get the 25 percent topical I can apply to my skin?
Albendazole user

Manassas, VA

#17 Nov 25, 2015
Benzyl Alcohol works better. Ulesfia is a 5% benzyl alcohol brand used to kill resistant lice. I buy benzyl alcohol and mix it with mineral oil body lotion at 7% max. Researches say this is best. I was not able to be cured with benzyl benzoate, it is also a highly dissolving solvent. It turned everything into liquid paste.
pixie6207

Clarksville, TN

#18 Dec 8, 2015
itchygirl wrote:
Angel, whatever you use, be careful. One poster on here last year made his own and it separated causing burns. Look at pet and farm supply stores. You may be able to to get a mange preparation with the right proportion of BB. There is one over here called Sardex that has a similar percentage to human preparations.
How long do you leave it on for?
sara81

Sesto San Giovanni, Italy

#19 Dec 17, 2015
I went to a drugstore and they prepared my own ----------benzyl Benzoate 25% adding alcohol and depurated water. I took it for 5 days and I have to repeat it twice next week.How long do you have to take it?I hope it will work because Perm, cream did' but I still have a lot of burning and itch

Since: Dec 15

Location hidden

#20 Jan 10, 2016
can you buy mineral oil in the supermarket>

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I think scabies. Want second opinions (Oct '11) 2 hr direneed 57
I am Cured (Dec '06) 8 hr Thx Better Now 982
post scabies and still worried??? ...please rea... (Jan '07) 11 hr Thx Better Now 379
Treatment advice--dogs with mange- owner with s... 11 hr Thx Better Now 47
I'm cured, thought I'd share everything I did!! (Dec '11) 11 hr Thx Better Now 22
I'm itchy all the time 13 hr Tired of itching 1
Icu protocol 16 hr Alice 3
ivermectin dosage chart and info (Oct '11) Mon Thx Better Now 847
More from around the web