Do you get new bumps after post-scabies?
Bob

Clayton, NC

#107 Aug 2, 2013
maraknocka wrote:
and BoB, my daughter and the baby both had the large white bumps that popped up a week after scabies, they lasted for several weeks ( hands and feet )
I'm thinking it's post scabies cause I see no new burrows, and the white blister that was on my hand last night is now gone. But I'm still getting lots of random bumps that appear in random spots. They are a light red color and itchy a lot! Also no one else in the house is itchy. I'm just a little worried, and if it is post scabies do you have any tips for calming down the itchy?
Itchfest

Pecatonica, IL

#108 Aug 5, 2013
Flu d out my daughter and I had scabies on Thursday. Treated whole family with Perm 5% that night. My husband found spots while he was treating on his back. Cleaned and cleaned the house. Now we are all still itchy but the rash looks better. But my husband is getting new spots on his back but they look different. Like a cluster of pus pockets?? Is he still infested? And my dr said I should only have to treat once? Should I tell him I want to treat a 2nd round??

Since: May 13

East Lansing, MI

#109 Aug 5, 2013
Ichfest,you should ALWAYS do the second treatment and make sure all your bedding is washed and dryed on hot. Bob, any antihistime will help you, my dr gave me zytec and the neem soap and lotion calmed my skin down atleast 80 percent, try theraneem maximum strength soap. a girl @ the dermatologist told me about this soap and it really helped me. The itching drove me crazy, I live in Charleston SC, and its hot and humid here,I could hardly go outside without itching. I think the heat makes scabies worse, it did for me
Itchfest

Pecatonica, IL

#110 Aug 5, 2013
Ok I will call the dr. So the rash is getting dry and flaky and getting lighter in color. It's still itchy but not as bad. What can I put on it to help with the itching that won't irritate my skin more? Regular lotion? My skin is now just really dry. I am ready for this nightmare to be over.

East Lansing, MI

#111 Aug 6, 2013
go get yourself some NEEM lotion and neem soapto calm the skin down, I overnighted mine from amazon after a nurse at the derm office whispered to me this stuff is great for scabies ( ofcourse her boss just wanted to keep pushing medicine,I was sceptical but it worked,normallyI used Aveeno lotion but this justmade me itch more.
vss

Hollywood, FL

#112 Aug 6, 2013
maraknocka wrote:
go get yourself some NEEM lotion and neem soapto calm the skin down, I overnighted mine from amazon after a nurse at the derm office whispered to me this stuff is great for scabies ( ofcourse her boss just wanted to keep pushing medicine,I was sceptical but it worked,normallyI used Aveeno lotion but this justmade me itch more.
Knocka on the doora,

Neem doesn't cure scabies, just as sulphur soap doesn't cure scabies. Why is is "great" for scabies.
The appropriate meds for scabies is Elimite Permethrin Cream and Ivermectin Stromectol tablets.

Neem doesn't do jack.

I just whispered this into your ear. Don't tell anyone. Just between you and I.
Tired of this

Stafford, VA

#114 Aug 16, 2013
I got treated 4 months ago with premethrin cream for scabies so I don't itch anymore but I still get bumps on my genitals and my hands. I've had countless visits to different dermentologist but they all give me steroid creams (which are not working). I have no idea what to do. Help is needed.
Tired of this

Stafford, VA

#115 Aug 16, 2013
Permethrin*
goneontoolong

United States

#116 Aug 16, 2013
Can't seem to find the answer to this anywhere, hoping someone else has some experience with this. I have had this curse for 2 years. Misdiagnosed due to initial location Dr said it was herpes. I know, nice right? Anyway I think it is now gone or almost gone, no more bumps or itches for more than week or so, BUT, I still have the electric shock type feeling deep in my skin. What is this? I have always thought it was tunneling, but could it just be residual nerve damage? Still happens everyday, but I have no other symptoms. Does anyone know what this is, or have any experience to go by? I know it is not caused by the meds, because I felt this back before I even had the correct diagnosis and started treating. Any insight is greatly appreciated!
Single Black Female

Humble, TX

#117 Aug 16, 2013
I contracted Scabies 2 months ago I believe from my EX-BOYFRIEND. I had no idea what was causing my breakout..on my FACE!! Prior to Scabies I had perfect clear skin. Little to no make up needed. Friends kept asking me what was going on with my face but I thought it may have been a new hair color I was allergic to. Nope, went to the Derm and was told SCABIES. I could have died!! Talk about embarrased!! I was treated with Perm..probably too much because I used the first tube EVERY night until it was gone from my face to the bottom of my feet. I waited 7 days and treated again. Home top to bottom sterile! Its been a few months but I do still itch some but the re-occurring breakouts have me worried. I know I'm Scabies free but mentally...I'm still a prisoner. I've lost weight, I don't want people to hug or touch me. My Derm also prescribed Bactrim*(sp) orally twice daily for 30 days. Scabies has changed my life...in the worst way!! I even noticed one either coming out of my finger nail or attempting to go in. Finally got that sucker out!!! Mentally I'm getting stronger everyday. I hope this info helps someone. Yes new bumps appear but I'm using a topical steriod and staying PRAYERFUL!!
ItchyScratchy

Cincinnati, OH

#118 Aug 18, 2013
Seems that people should first make sure it is scabies they have. can only be checked by a doctor/skin scrape for sure.

Next, you have to do the treatments for that condition, which is permethrin.

If it is anything else, then the treatments probably won't work!

I am sure it can be tough in the summer as we can also all get bites from something else when we go outside, but can't really stop doing that. Bring on winter! If bites keep happening then, then we know it is scabies or another inside mite.

I'd give you my story but I am sure it is nothing like yours and I think people confuse themselves that way. Go see your doctor/dermatologist, and keep insisting they hunt for a cause until they find one.

I don't think you need to freak out as much as the others about getting rid of the mites. Keep asking everything in hot and drying on hot of course, and vacuum regularly. That's it.
Zac

Prahran, Australia

#119 Aug 18, 2013
Iv had scabies for months and don't countless treatment iv spent thousands of dollars on cream, new bed, clothes, everything and still get bumps, rash and itching? What's this mean? Help? I'm on the edge of killing myself

Since: Aug 13

La Grange, IL

#120 Aug 20, 2013
Hi Im new here I have scabies ,I went to the Drs and he gave me the lotion and itch pills but it came back ,and its bothering me so bad ,I want to crawl up the wall ,I have had this for about 2 months now every single night I get bit I ll try anything

East Lansing, MI

#122 Aug 21, 2013
thats where I was at 2 months ago after 2 full treatments, new bumps, new little red dots and severe itching. Ive had followup biopsies and there is no scabies but if you look at my skin, it looks like its still there, I woke up this morning with a new rash on my back,the derm tells me this is eczema followed by the treatment. neem soap and lotion helps alot, some people clear up quickly and some are not :( Zac,are you soure your reinfected or maybe post scabies? have you taken ivectermin ( stromectol ) only thing that cured us, thankfully !!
FRED

Golden, CO

#123 Aug 21, 2013
maraknocka wrote:
thats where I was at 2 months ago after 2 full treatments, new bumps, new little red dots and severe itching. Ive had followup biopsies and there is no scabies but if you look at my skin, it looks like its still there, I woke up this morning with a new rash on my back,the derm tells me this is eczema followed by the treatment. neem soap and lotion helps alot, some people clear up quickly and some are not :( Zac,are you soure your reinfected or maybe post scabies? have you taken ivectermin ( stromectol ) only thing that cured us, thankfully !!
"Ive had followup biopsies and there is no scabies but if you look at my skin, it looks like its still there, I woke up this morning with a new rash on my back"

Dermatologists are the worst choice for infections because they tend to treat only the skin when 99.9% of the time the skin problems are just symptoms of deeper issues.

The thing to do is get a western blot Igg and Igm test for borrelia and a PCR test for Bartonella. You'll need to find a doctor that knows how to read these tests.

No scabies in the biopsies doesn't mean you are not infected with the infections that mites pass on to humans.

Post scabies is not nearly as intense as it is made out to be on this forum. It is used to explain something by doctors that they don't generally understand though.

La Grange, IL

#124 Aug 21, 2013
maraknocka wrote:
I went thru the ER and they gave me Perm and itching pills ,I had to pay our right cause I was in a different state and thats lousy

La Grange, IL

#125 Aug 21, 2013
Im going to go back to my Drs to tell Him about this so He can give me more than one tube ,I started cleaning with AH and bleach and will take a bath with Arm and Hammer,I know Its not going to do any good till I get the Med

Burwood, Australia

#126 Aug 22, 2013
Is anyone currently going through scabies with kids? Am really wanting some advice as this will be the 4th time I'm treating and I hate the thought of putting this crap on there skin....,,

Since: Oct 09

Fayetteville, NC

#127 Aug 22, 2013
I feel for you! I have had this stuff for 8 long years. If everyone doesn't get it and treat, you just won't get rid of it because everyone has to help. If you treat, you won't get a diagnosis, so try not to. I know you have to suffer until you get a diagnosis. I'm 53. I just can't clean like I use to. Read this too. Look this article up on the Internet. It's " New International Organization to Tackle the Burden of Human Scabies". This article is on the site Medicalnewstoday. Doctors just aren't a whole lot of help. They don't know crap about Scabies and how you suffer alone in a family.

Charlene Ada Bugg Willoughby Midland, MI
Anonymous wrote:
Ive had this nightmare for about a month, finaly got treatment witch im 19 with no job and i got billed 100 from the ER than 50$ for the permethrin, i felt amazing for the first day than after a day or two i itched than i got bumps i never sleep at night anymore, no famly member has had it yet, idk what to do i only have a little permethrin left and im sceard to use the little i have left b.c i cant get any more b.c im poor. Im so depressed i cant take this crap anmore i really cant idk what to do also im sceard my girlfriend will get it so i think i should call it of with her ugh im so dang sceard an confused!!
FRED

Golden, CO

#128 Aug 22, 2013
Adana wrote:
I feel for you! I have had this stuff for 8 long years. If everyone doesn't get it and treat, you just won't get rid of it because everyone has to help. If you treat, you won't get a diagnosis, so try not to. I know you have to suffer until you get a diagnosis. I'm 53. I just can't clean like I use to. Read this too. Look this article up on the Internet. It's " New International Organization to Tackle the Burden of Human Scabies". This article is on the site Medicalnewstoday. Doctors just aren't a whole lot of help. They don't know crap about Scabies and how you suffer alone in a family.
Charlene Ada Bugg Willoughby Midland, MI
<quoted text>
Go to a doctor and get tested for lyme disease, Turn key.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LICE B GONE WORKS!!! My Children are almost TOT... (Feb '08) 9 hr KayBee9 118
will sulfur soap get rid of scabies (Jun '10) 11 hr Connie 206
Clean clean clean!!! 11 hr Lovechalola1 1
de 12 hr Brook4 1
How did I get rid of scabies in three seconds (Oct '11) 16 hr Green eyes 541
Daily use of garlic repells mites from inside out (Jun '08) Fri Rhonda Lee 32
Just what are those black pepper spots? (Nov '09) Fri Donny 41
Scabies on face and scalp? (Aug '07) Jul 20 Ella 965
More from around the web