Beckie

New York, NY

#86 May 29, 2013
That's a lie, you do see bumps after you do a p-cream treatment. The bumps can pop up at anytime. Doesn't mean you have morgs or Lyme. P-cream is strong, and can cause you to have ecezema or other skin problems.
Mara does your bumps itch? Do they come and go?
Jacks

UK

#87 May 29, 2013
I agree you can get bumps and itch for ages and retreating makes it worse and so does listening to a lot of the posts on here.
FRED

Golden, CO

#88 May 29, 2013
Jacks wrote:
I agree you can get bumps and itch for ages and retreating makes it worse and so does listening to a lot of the posts on here.
You shouldn't read anything, you should go live in a cave, that way life will be very simple for you.
Jacks

Sheffield, UK

#89 Jun 1, 2013
FRED wrote:
<quoted text>
You shouldn't read anything, you should go live in a cave, that way life will be very simple for you.
weirdo

Since: May 13

Charleston, SC

#90 Jun 1, 2013
heres my deal ~ I have a daughter who has lupus, she came home from school one weekend and was scratching like a meth addict, we went to 5 doctors over a period of a month and they kept giving her steriod shots, eventually she landed in the ER and a dr dx her with scabies, we are raising her son ( hes 2 ) and he and myself got the rash too, weve done the perm treatment twice and the baby still has new bites, the derm said now he has eczema, so she gave me this cream and its helped him but he has new sores on his head and I have bumps that keep popping up and still itching like a crazy person, we go to a new derm Mon, the old derm said they cant scrape, they have to do a biopsy, and that it was very hard to find scabies anyhow, I CANNOT do another perm treatment, my feet and hands have just stopped tingling after 3 weeks, I bought some coconut oil and wanna try the neem oil, but nervous, not sure how much to use( as far as drops )or maybe use neem soap not sure what to do for the babys head either, my daughter is still broke out and scratching too, my husband is clear !! any help?
Beckie wrote:
That's a lie, you do see bumps after you do a p-cream treatment. The bumps can pop up at anytime. Doesn't mean you have morgs or Lyme. P-cream is strong, and can cause you to have ecezema or other skin problems.
Mara does your bumps itch? Do they come and go?

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#91 Jun 1, 2013
maraknocka wrote:
heres my deal ~ I have a daughter who has lupus, she came home from school one weekend and was scratching like a meth addict, we went to 5 doctors over a period of a month and they kept giving her steriod shots, eventually she landed in the ER and a dr dx her with scabies, we are raising her son ( hes 2 ) and he and myself got the rash too, weve done the perm treatment twice and the baby still has new bites, the derm said now he has eczema, so she gave me this cream and its helped him but he has new sores on his head and I have bumps that keep popping up and still itching like a crazy person, we go to a new derm Mon, the old derm said they cant scrape, they have to do a biopsy, and that it was very hard to find scabies anyhow, I CANNOT do another perm treatment, my feet and hands have just stopped tingling after 3 weeks, I bought some coconut oil and wanna try the neem oil, but nervous, not sure how much to use( as far as drops )or maybe use neem soap not sure what to do for the babys head either, my daughter is still broke out and scratching too, my husband is clear !! any help?<quoted text>
Mara I recommend doing iver pills (stremcol sp?) they will help. Ask your doc for a rx. tell them your allergic to the perm cream. Make sure you clean everything. Shoes, bags, baby toys if you can't wash it I would freeze it for at Least 24 hours. Is the itch at least less then it was? If you have pets treat them also
sufferer

Houston, TX

#92 Jun 9, 2013
i had scabies and treated with permethrin cream before 10 days and took alot of steroids with it now i have rash and blisters again i dont know but it seems to be the same site i had them before but less itchy and i can sleep i dont know if it is ane infestation or it is allergic response to the dead mites in my skin but i did everything i can as washing the clothes and discard the mattress and vacuum and insecticide use ... i have nothing more to do i ll wait few days if i get more rash and itch i l go to get more permethrin cream and more and more stress it is like a hell when u try to get rid of the mites and sterilize ur home from scabies
maraknocka

Charleston, SC

#93 Jun 9, 2013
are those pills safe? I was nervous enough using perm cream twice, did you have any side effects?
Beckie

Bronx, NY

#94 Jun 9, 2013
maraknocka wrote:
are those pills safe? I was nervous enough using perm cream twice, did you have any side effects?
With all meds there are side effects. I used the pills and I am cured.
VeryAggie

Charleston, WV

#95 Jun 14, 2013
Sam wrote:
I took a treatment last night, and red bumps started to occur and one line of red on my hand. I have a very minor case before I treated and it seems that the treatment made it worse. Is this post scabies?
I've been experiencing da exact same thing!! I treated myself lastnite, but today seems 2 be worse than b4!!! It's driving me CRAZY!!! UUGGHH!!!
hate those monsters

San Nicolás De Los Garza, Mexico

#96 Jun 22, 2013
can scabies survive for a year in a swimsuit?

i had scabies on the groin last year after a visit to cancun, mexico. after months of suffering i went to the doc. the first 2 doctors failed to diagnose it, the 3rd one prescribed me ivermectin and permethrin after i told him about what i read in blogs. it worked.

but i went to the beach recently, and apprently i got reinfected in the groin and buttocks.=( could it be that i used the same swimsuit stored in the same old wood drawer for over a year?

i just took the ivermectin pills. and ill retake them next week.
pin prick woman

Australia

#97 Jun 24, 2013
Im still battling with bites & pin prick crawly sensations after 4wks of perm every 7days. Im asking for antihistamines & iver today! I have empathy for you all. What really annoys me is there's no info about post scabies ANYWHERE! i thought ide had it figured with ironing everything & steam cleaning everything many times a day. Im sure i got reinvested from emptying my bagless vac even tho i left it outside for 3days before hand. Iv now mixed benzemul with water & sprayed everywhere i go. I think my cat is spreading the mite with his feet so iv shut him out of my room & Im sitting on a plastic chair that he can't get on. Im steaming before i touch. Also leaving out my pots, cuttlery on bench to steam before i touch. I pray this will help. It has to! I will let you all know if it worked. Thankyou & bless you all.
Itchy

Kernville, CA

#98 Jul 10, 2013
FRED wrote:
<quoted text>
very informative information
Alexis

Omaha, NE

#99 Jul 10, 2013
I had scabies for about three months. At first i thought it was chicken pox. Doc said i was scabies and gave me cream. I was still itching a could weeks later and got the pills. The Doc didnt make it seen life it was serious. I went two weeks ago for check up, they said it was gone but lately ive been feeling Little nips and i itch but gave no bumps. I think its going around at work. Am i reinvested or over reacting?
Alexis

Omaha, NE

#100 Jul 10, 2013
See i personally don't have any bumps or a rash but i itch and have little bites sometimes. Am i reinfected or what?
Alexis

Omaha, NE

#101 Jul 10, 2013
maraknocka wrote:
heres my deal ~ I have a daughter who has lupus, she came home from school one weekend and was scratching like a meth addict, we went to 5 doctors over a period of a month and they kept giving her steriod shots, eventually she landed in the ER and a dr dx her with scabies, we are raising her son ( hes 2 ) and he and myself got the rash too, weve done the perm treatment twice and the baby still has new bites, the derm said now he has eczema, so she gave me this cream and its helped him but he has new sores on his head and I have bumps that keep popping up and still itching like a crazy person, we go to a new derm Mon, the old derm said they cant scrape, they have to do a biopsy, and that it was very hard to find scabies anyhow, I CANNOT do another perm treatment, my feet and hands have just stopped tingling after 3 weeks, I bought some coconut oil and wanna try the neem oil, but nervous, not sure how much to use( as far as drops )or maybe use neem soap not sure what to do for the babys head either, my daughter is still broke out and scratching too, my husband is clear !! any help?<quoted text>
See i personally don't have any bumps or a rash but i itch and have little bites sometimes. Am i reinfected or what?
weary

Melbourne, FL

#102 Jul 25, 2013
I have taken 1 oral treatment of stromectol and instructed to take a 2nd dose 7-10 after. It has been 7 days tomorrow and I am taking the 2nd dose. I had calmed down 1st part of the weak but am breaking out in bad itchy rash last few days. I covered myself with Head & Shoulders extra strength (20 minutes) Monday night then Tuesday night lathered up with Selsum Blue Medicated for 20 minutes from under chin to tips of my toes. I change sheets every night, never wear the same thing twice, clean with clorox, and sleep in the guest room with mattress covered in Borax then a layer of plastic, then my sheet. covered the couch with borax and covered with sheet for a week. use plastic gloves to do my husbands laundry and have become a prisoner of my own home. I touch no one, and cannot let my grandchildren in my home, nor can I hold them, or go to their home. And I am at loss as to how I got it. Have not been in hotel, nor been around anyone with scabies. And I am feeling hopeless that I will ever get rid of it. It's this phantom affliction with too many ways to fool us. My daughter just informed me today that she booked flights for she and her 2 babies in September to come see us and I cannot guarantee I will be free of this plague! I use every anit itch cream and spray I can get my hands on. I shower every morning and every night. I feel I am going mad! Can anyone give advice? Thank you for listening...
Bob

Macclesfield, NC

#103 Aug 1, 2013
I've been treated for scabies and it's been about 2 weeks since my second application of the cream, and I'm still getting new bumps. I have one white bump on my hand, should I be worried? Is it post scabies?

Charleston, SC

#104 Aug 2, 2013
heres a good way to find out if it post or your reinfected..has it spread? how bout anyone else in the house? with scabies, you never know..and thats a bitch. stromectol is what worked in my house after we had been treated 4 times. this should be first line treatment without the side effects of the cream. its been 3 months and i still get bumps here or there that itch like crazy but Ive had two followup biopsies and both were negative, it plays tricks on your mind, I use theraneem soap and lotion twice a day for the itch and dry my bedding 30 min every night, my husband says this is ridiculous but after what I went thru, nothing is crazy. thank goodness for this forum, it helped me keep my sanity

Charleston, SC

#105 Aug 2, 2013
and BoB, my daughter and the baby both had the large white bumps that popped up a week after scabies, they lasted for several weeks ( hands and feet )

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The solution for scabies is Bleach. This is the... (Mar '12) 8 hr Karne 167
Forget Permethrin! Use SPREGAL Spray for Scabie... (May '12) 9 hr Helpwscr 33
Permethrin Works, Helps and Hurts - my scabies ... (Jan '10) 10 hr gzgirl 279
Biting sensation, crawling, thin scratch lines 14 hr Scratches 18
how do i get rid of scabies once and for all? i... (Feb '07) 15 hr NewIdeas 4,304
Treated Twice For Scabies & Have Hives Again! :( (Jun '14) Thu scratcher 7
How many times can I use permethrin cream... (Dec '08) Thu Berndette 246
More from around the web