Anonymous

Belleville, IL

#66 Feb 15, 2013
Ive had this nightmare for about a month, finaly got treatment witch im 19 with no job and i got billed 100 from the ER than 50$ for the permethrin, i felt amazing for the first day than after a day or two i itched than i got bumps i never sleep at night anymore, no famly member has had it yet, idk what to do i only have a little permethrin left and im sceard to use the little i have left b.c i cant get any more b.c im poor. Im so depressed i cant take this crap anmore i really cant idk what to do also im sceard my girlfriend will get it so i think i should call it of with her ugh im so dang sceard an confused!!
Ziller

London, UK

#67 Mar 5, 2013
I have done permethrin treatment and have some small red pimples poking up here and there. They are slightly itchy but nothing like the Scabies itch.
It seems you will continue to get small pimples. Naturally I'm not 100% sure that this isn't a reinfestation but I'm keeping my spirits high and remaining optimistic. I will be doing the second treatment this Saturday and will report back in a week or so.
Good luck all
Scabiesbaby

Bayside, NY

#68 Mar 6, 2013
My 10 month old son has had scabies for about 5 months now And I'm finally seeing results after 2 permerthin treatments 7 days apart ,along with bathing him daily in tub of water with one cup borax (found at target) and 20 tea tree oil drop (found at any health food store). After his bath I lotion him up with boroline which I found on amazon for 2 bux ... I'm very happy with my results ! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE !
Lpergut

United States

#69 Mar 13, 2013
I had simptoms only on my arms, neck,upper back and chest. After 3 treatments itch got a little bit better but it seems like all o them move up to my face and around my eyes. Somebody please give me some suggestions. Idk what to do. By the way the 5 people that live with me never got not even 1 bump or rush and misdiagnosed by 2 doctors and 1 Dermatologyst I have had simptoms for almos 2years how is that possible?
jway

Ozone Park, NY

#70 Mar 13, 2013
Have tried, Ivermectin, 5% permethrin to no avail.
Piecing together info from various sources I cobbled together this concoction.
I mixed in a small container:
1) a tablespoon of Icy Hot(menthol 10% methyl salicycate 30%)
2) a tablespoon of Martin's 10% permethrin(ebay)
3) three packets of BC's powdered aspirin
4)a tablespoon of mentholatum(menthol vasoline) to make it sticky.
I mixed for awhile(the ingredients don't want to go together but they will)
Stripped down to shorts sitting on plastic over my mattress.
Slept wrapped in one sheet which I will throw away (I have six more ready for the same thing)
I put it on all my inflamations and bumps dabbing with my finger. Itching stops in minutes, 12 hours later all the inflamations are half in size and no more inflamation, almost skin color, slightly brownish.
Going to repeat this every night for seven nights.
Will keep posting updates.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#71 Mar 13, 2013
Lpergut wrote:
I had simptoms only on my arms, neck,upper back and chest. After 3 treatments itch got a little bit better but it seems like all o them move up to my face and around my eyes. Somebody please give me some suggestions. Idk what to do. By the way the 5 people that live with me never got not even 1 bump or rush and misdiagnosed by 2 doctors and 1 Dermatologyst I have had simptoms for almos 2years how is that possible?
Did you treat from the neck down? Most docs tell you to do that. Huge mistake. Those little bastards will run to your face and scalp. I went to the docs twice and they kept telling me it was eczema. Which I do have, but this rash was torture. I had to look on line to find out what I had, and when I suggested I had scabies, that's when she agreed that's what it was. She said from neck down but I did do my face but not scalp. I wish I had known about this forum when I first tried the med. you should treat again from your scalp down to your toes 7 days apart. Maybe try iver? Good luck!
Lpergut

Bellwood, IL

#72 Mar 13, 2013
Needpeace34 wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you treat from the neck down? Most docs tell you to do that. Huge mistake. Those little bastards will run to your face and scalp. I went to the docs twice and they kept telling me it was eczema. Which I do have, but this rash was torture. I had to look on line to find out what I had, and when I suggested I had scabies, that's when she agreed that's what it was. She said from neck down but I did do my face but not scalp. I wish I had known about this forum when I first tried the med. you should treat again from your scalp down to your toes 7 days apart. Maybe try iver? Good luck!
Actually 2nd and 3rd time I treat I think every part of my body and face around my eyes but every time gets worst I just want to know how dangerous is if I just keep doing it and even tho I spray the house all the time and do every piece of laundry should my family do treatment with me at the same time always?

Location hidden

#73 Mar 13, 2013
Lpergut wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually 2nd and 3rd time I treat I think every part of my body and face around my eyes but every time gets worst I just want to know how dangerous is if I just keep doing it and even tho I spray the house all the time and do every piece of laundry should my family do treatment with me at the same time always?
The prem is strong stuff and can cause you to itch, your family should all be treated.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#74 Mar 13, 2013
Needpeace34 wrote:
<quoted text>
The prem is strong stuff and can cause you to itch, your family should all be treated.
Needpeace,

I LIKE YOUR SCREEN NAME.

Whenever Fred and I and ooglies are fighting, you need to jump right in and say something peaceful and lighthearted to calm us all down. k?

Location hidden

#75 Mar 13, 2013
Jodyy wrote:
<quoted text>
Needpeace,
I LIKE YOUR SCREEN NAME.
Whenever Fred and I and ooglies are fighting, you need to jump right in and say something peaceful and lighthearted to calm us all down. k?
Thanks Jodyy, just ignore Fred or Ooglies if they say something you don't agree with. Focus your energy on getting better. We already have so much other BS to deal with, the forum should be used to learn new things, and get support. Sweet itchy free dreams ;-)
iwanttobescabies free

United States

#76 Mar 20, 2013
i treated myself for scabies about 3 times cleaned my room and everything treated my son even tho they said he didnt have it im still itching and lil bumps are still appearing the last time i went to the er the lady told me i irrated my skin by keep using the cream back to back she said i was cured but i think i still have scabies my son still have no signs or my boyfriend help me it been about two months now!!!!!
stop the insanity

Malvern, OH

#77 Mar 21, 2013
I still have a few post scabies bumps which itch three months later. Nothing like when I was infested. I believe some of us are more allergic to the waste and body parts of these creatures. I suffered greatly for weeks.

I almost succumbed to all the BS on this board. Give it time, you will get better. Follow your doctors treatment advice.
stop the insanity

Malvern, OH

#78 Mar 21, 2013
matt wrote:
Scabies once treated should only produce an autoimmune response to the debris of the dead mite and their feaces for about 2 weeks ,such as itching and appearance of little red pimples ,the itching should not be like how it was when you had active scabies it should be better and sleep should be easier also no burrows occur in the post syndrome if they do you have been reinfected. Make sure girlfriends partners have been treated same time as you and hoover all upholstery car seats and furniture etc. If you are unsure get a skin scrape for a definite diagnosis best of luck. Regards matt. RN
An RN who can't even spell FECES? Yeah right.
cecilia marquez

United States

#79 Apr 5, 2013
Back in oct. I was exposed to scabies at work (mental health dept.) I fought until Feb. 5 month it was psychologicaly destressing and very challenging. I literally had to isolate myself from having any contact with all my loved ones. But because I was exposed by the homeless population my case was severe. I don't remember how many times I used permethrin. It has to be used then repeated in one week and repeated in 14 days exactly. When applied cut your nails clean under them and w/toothbrush apply permethrin. Dr. Say don't treat face, I had to the first couple of times even the upper eye lids and the entrance to my nostrils. Permethrin is harsh on the skin if you don't have insurance central wellness and benefits center in san jose can hook you up with APD or ValleyCare and you can get all the free perm. That you need. Remember bag everything for 3 days before you wash it mites can't live that long off the body. Wash everything in hot water and dry if possible. Shoes bag for 2 weeks before washing if there swade or something you can't wash as long as there's no dead skin for them to live
on you should be fine I baged up mine for two weeks sprayed the insides with bleach. Vacuum your car frequently and remember this isn't forever.
Anonymous

Woodbridge, VA

#80 Apr 5, 2013
No, it just FELT like forever.

the medical profession does not prescribe adequate treatment for this. one round is not enough if you have been heavily exposed, and your MUST treat your face & head! Permethrim combined with ivermectin & borax & bleach and washing everything every day is the only way. Jewlery in plastic bag for about 3-4 weeks, spray inside of shoed with perm too, wipe everything you touch with alcohol, even the car, cut your nails way down and put plastic drop cloths on furniture. I was exhausted every day just from all of THAT, not to mention trying to work and live.

After about 2 weeks of hell I started using borax scrub and bleach... and only then did the itching subside and I started to feel better.

One round of treatment IS NOT ENOUGH!

Since: May 13

Charleston, SC

#81 May 22, 2013
have a question please, our baby is 23 mo and has been treated twice with permethrin and today we took him back to the dermatologist after 12 days from the last application and she says he no longer has scabies but eczema, but I swear I see a line of bumps (4) on his back but she says its common to see this after treatment, bumps that still pop up? I myself have had a few stray ( 4-5) red dots pop up but then they went away, is she crazy or is this post?

Charleston, SC

#82 May 22, 2013
Are you free from this yet? Im about a month in and having a few bumps and going crazy over here...
iwanttobescabiesfree wrote:
i treated myself for scabies about 3 times cleaned my room and everything treated my son even tho they said he didnt have it im still itching and lil bumps are still appearing the last time i went to the er the lady told me i irrated my skin by keep using the cream back to back she said i was cured but i think i still have scabies my son still have no signs or my boyfriend help me it been about two months now!!!!!
Dave

London, UK

#83 May 27, 2013
Hi everyone!

I was diagnosed with scabies a couple of months ago and all the sudden the word "scabies" become 50% of my google searches and daily thoughts. Fortunately I am now healed and would like to share some survival tips:

1 - Accept the fact that it will take at least almost 2 months to get rid of symptoms. This is because even after treatment the itch will continue and it will take long for scars to heal.

2 - Do NOT get paranoid. New bumps and rashes will show up after treatment, Perm 5% is extremely bad for you and it will turn your skin into Hiroshima. Thus the body will need to fight not only dead mites, but also the cream itself. Hence, it's easy to get paranoid, thinking that you're still not cured and that you keep getting infected. This is not the case, you just need to give yourself time. The stinging you feel for example, are not mite bites, it's just your skin that is infected. I've read comments of people so paranoid, stating that they could actually see the mites: you can't! Just be patient, DON'T do a third treatment with Perm cream - you are damaging your body by doing so.

3 - Avoid using cosmetics. Your skin needs to recuperate and above all, using more chemicals will only make it worse. The only thing I used was Neutrogena in my hands to help with the eczema. Also, if you can avoid using cortisone even better. The itch I felt post-scabies was very mild, so if you can discipline yourself and not scratch, your body will heal much faster.

4 - Use loose and light clothes. Wearing tight clothes will make itching more intense.

5 - There will itching hours. I can't explain why, but you will have a couple of hours per day, when itching will become super-intense. Again, don't get scared, you're not re-infected, it's just the way it is.

6 - Don't close yourself. Go out, talk with people, if you can confide with a couple of good friends, even better! I was honest with my friends and despite the fact some were disgusted, it didn't prevent me from seeing them. It helps you during the healing process. Obviously, be responsible and do not get laid during treatment.

And that's it. If you do 2 rounds of treatment and follow standard cleaning procedures pre/post treatment you'll be free.

Scabies is CURABLE - it is NOT HIV, it is NOT cancer nor any other major illness. It's horrible and a pain in the ass, but curable!

Charleston, SC

#84 May 28, 2013
ok well heres a question, will you still see bumps after applying desonide cream?
FRED

Golden, CO

#85 May 28, 2013
You don't get new bumps after the scabies infection is gone that are attributable to the scabies infection. There are other factors that will show bumps though.

http://www.topix.com/forum/health/scabies/TP8...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Scabies Is Highly Contagious (Mar '06) 3 hr Bill 7,281
The solution for scabies is Bleach. This is the... (Mar '12) 3 hr betseyB 178
I AM FREAKING CURED BABY ... YESSSsssssss 6 hr Anonymous 10
How did I get rid of scabies in three seconds (Oct '11) 8 hr ken 480
how do i get rid of scabies once and for all? i... (Feb '07) 11 hr ReadyToJump 4,366
How does Ivermectin work exactly? (Mar '11) 22 hr workinmomca 61
How do you get rid of Scabies if keep poking yo... (Oct '11) Sat wtf moment 16
More from around the web