Do you get new bumps after post-scabies?

Do you get new bumps after post-scabies?

Posted in the Scabies Forum

First Prev
of 16
Next Last
Hopefulman

Rohnert Park, CA

#1 Sep 8, 2011
I'm getting a few new large red bumps on my arms spaced about an inch from eachother. I've treated myself thrice in three weeks and have been anal about cleaning clothes and bedding. The bumps don't really itch and may only be as large and raised because I furiously and psychotically pick at them when I find them. I also found a small itchy patch on my wrist which didn't raise but is still red yet not itchy anymore? No pin pricks lately... Thoughts anyone?

Thank you incredibly.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
scabophobia

Bensenville, IL

#2 Sep 8, 2011
Hopefulman wrote:
I'm getting a few new large red bumps on my arms spaced about an inch from eachother. I've treated myself thrice in three weeks and have been anal about cleaning clothes and bedding. The bumps don't really itch and may only be as large and raised because I furiously and psychotically pick at them when I find them. I also found a small itchy patch on my wrist which didn't raise but is still red yet not itchy anymore? No pin pricks lately... Thoughts anyone?
Thank you incredibly.
Yes, you still get bumps and itching after treatment for possibly many weeks. I did several treatments with permethrin & ivermectin, the last ivermectin last Sunday, and a few new red bumps have popped up last night & today. Just for psychological purposes, I'm going to spray myself down with 1 part bleach to 3 parts water after my morning shower for several days, as suggested in other threads.

If you haven't read it, take the time to read the "Progress' Scabies Forum" thread. He explains quite a lot of things.
scabophobia

Bensenville, IL

#3 Sep 8, 2011
P.S. I wouldn't advise using his (Progress') treatment regimen -- seems a bit much, overdoing it.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John

Round Lake, IL

#4 Feb 14, 2012
Hey I've had scabies for about 3months I've been treated twice 7 days apart with the permetherin cream 5% and this is the 2nd week after treatment and I'm still gettin blisters they look like water filled bhut they don't itch am I reinvested or is this post scabies? Somebody please me

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
charmaine

UK

#5 Mar 6, 2012
Iv been treated for scabies with the cream and I'm still itching really bad everynight iv had no sleep what so eva my legs are covered in scratches and small lil red pimples.does this mean the cream asnt work for me and iv still got scabies?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Oct 09

Augusta, Georgia

#6 Mar 7, 2012
You will not itch or get new bumps after the scabies are gone.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Sam

United States

#8 Mar 20, 2012
I took a treatment last night, and red bumps started to occur and one line of red on my hand. I have a very minor case before I treated and it seems that the treatment made it worse. Is this post scabies?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
scabieshater

Dallas, TX

#9 Mar 21, 2012
My gf seems to be getting more bumps AFTER the permethrin cream.. is that normal? She's still itchy.. if its normal how long til the bumps go away and how long will she itch. She put the cream on Monday night.. right now its Wednesday .. idk

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
BuggedOut

Mount Holly, NJ

#10 Mar 26, 2012
I've been dealing with this for a few weeks now. It's important to remember that treatment is 90% effective - and two treatments is almost a guarantee, if applied correctly and bedding/clothing is washed. Due to the nature of the mite, it's not medically recommended to apply pesticides to personal belongings.

After my first treatment (and not understanding the nature of the condition) I was spot treating my hands on a daily basis - mostly because I was afraid to touch everything and everything.

Just as we build a sensitivity to scabies, we build sensitivities to chemicals as well. Meaning - we build a stronger allergy. Plus the perm cream dries out your skin in addition to being a poison that our skin (on a cellular level) probably doesn't appreciate.

The rashes and skin problems that follow scabies and that follow perm. treatment is perhaps worse than a scabies outbreak! The only relief is to constantly take an oral antihistamine, a topical Benadryl spray, combined with strong steroid creams.

Even if there is a reinfestation - it would probably be wise to let the skin heal up before using more of that nasty permethrin. I'm curious to try the borax baths - however my skin is so sensitive that I'd really hate to use something that pulls moisture OUT.

Also, for me - I'm not bothered at night. But no matter what I do, between 9 & 10:30 in the morning, it's pure torture!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Apr 12

Grafton, WI

#11 Apr 8, 2012
charmaine wrote:
Iv been treated for scabies with the cream and I'm still itching really bad everynight iv had no sleep what so eva my legs are covered in scratches and small lil red pimples.does this mean the cream asnt work for me and iv still got scabies?
That's what it means.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Grafton, WI

#12 Apr 8, 2012
scabieshater wrote:
My gf seems to be getting more bumps AFTER the permethrin cream.. is that normal? She's still itchy.. if its normal how long til the bumps go away and how long will she itch. She put the cream on Monday night.. right now its Wednesday .. idk
Ask her doctor for 25% Mentol/Triam. 1CR. have her apply it spareingly, but where she itches. it will bring relief, it does for me.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Grafton, WI

#13 Apr 8, 2012
BuggedOut wrote:
I've been dealing with this for a few weeks now. It's important to remember that treatment is 90% effective - and two treatments is almost a guarantee, if applied correctly and bedding/clothing is washed. Due to the nature of the mite, it's not medically recommended to apply pesticides to personal belongings.
After my first treatment (and not understanding the nature of the condition) I was spot treating my hands on a daily basis - mostly because I was afraid to touch everything and everything.
Just as we build a sensitivity to scabies, we build sensitivities to chemicals as well. Meaning - we build a stronger allergy. Plus the perm cream dries out your skin in addition to being a poison that our skin (on a cellular level) probably doesn't appreciate.
The rashes and skin problems that follow scabies and that follow perm. treatment is perhaps worse than a scabies outbreak! The only relief is to constantly take an oral antihistamine, a topical Benadryl spray, combined with strong steroid creams.
Even if there is a reinfestation - it would probably be wise to let the skin heal up before using more of that nasty permethrin. I'm curious to try the borax baths - however my skin is so sensitive that I'd really hate to use something that pulls moisture OUT.
Also, for me - I'm not bothered at night. But no matter what I do, between 9 & 10:30 in the morning, it's pure torture!
I know I'm going through it also, ask your docter for 25% Mentol/Triam. 1CR a large bottle. Use it sparingly, not on face, it's a steroid. Apply it only to lesions and pimples. NOT ON FACE.But it will stop the itch, oh you'll get some, but more relief. Clean under your fingernails with a metal tweezer, over a real black book or something, you'll see all the dead ones, eggs, and scabies, they are alive if you see the sucker that's like irradecent, opening and closing on one end of the mite, if you look closely with a magnifying glass, a good one, you can see all this. The I capyure them with scotch tape, quish it close real tight and throw them in the garbage!! Then wash inbetween your nails with a toothbrush with soap. I do this everytime I scratch!!
jillybug

Livingston, LA

#14 Apr 10, 2012
My gf seems to be getting more bumps AFTER the permethrin cream.. is that normal? She's still itchy.. if its normal how long til the bumps go away and how long will she itch. She put the cream on Monday night..
treatments did make symptoms worse for 2mos. DONt give up! post scabies is the WORST. pin pricked spots- treat w/ base-ball bat vengence. spray your ditting aread and furniture w/ 10% premethrin batn spray. TREAT YOUR VEHICLE
interior too. Patchy spot on my hand I treated with 10% barn rub/spray. this is a highly infested arear at this point. bathe w/ sulfur soap 8-10%.
use lice shampoo or sulfur shampoo as they went into my ears and scalp. use benedryl at night andbif u can get some cortisone you will ne amazed at your progress. cortizone also makes it obvious to the sufferer where you are healing and where u are still inffested.
5% premethrin cream wont help your evnvironment. oh yeah, rub barn stuff on phones, steering wheel and dont use towels gwice. ziplock bag clothes u take off, 3 wks if possible. wash everything that u wash, in hot water and completely dry on higheast heat.
im stilll having light symptoms after treating for 2 mos. good luck. everyone.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
The Famous

Hollywood, FL

#15 Apr 10, 2012
Read the first paragraph of post number 9 and post number 14. they are exactly the same... lol....
idk....
lol.....

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Worriedmom

Long Island City, NY

#17 May 2, 2012
I ve been having scabbies probably a few mOnths Now ever sinces i noticed i had them ive been going crazy cleaning Washing everything with hot water its just crazy i put the premitherin cream once every 7 days these 3 weeks the scabbies arent as bad as before but after my last application for 3 days straight no bumps appeared Now these past two days very very tiny bumps have appeared i dont know what to do Now someone Help I have a toddler i dont wabt him to get these insects
nerworry

Dayton, OH

#19 Jun 3, 2012
I've had scabbies for a few months now. I started to notice small little bumps in between my fingers and thought nothing of it, a few weeks later the bumps had spread to my arms and my stomach, when I went to the doctor he told me what was going on and prescribed me lindane lotion I put it on from the neck down and slept with it on, I had it on for about 10 and a half hours I showered before and after I used the lotion, I also cleaned all my clothes and bedding in hot water, the next day the bumps on my hands seemed to go down but a little but later on in the day I started seeing new bumps on my stomach and arms and it started itching a lot worse than before.. is it normal to have new bumps show up after applying lotion? Or does this mean it didn't work?..
Vicki

United States

#20 Jun 27, 2012
Please help, I did the treatment but I am still itching. I'am so stress,it's been 2 months. My husband and children don't have any signs of it
why, and what can I do
courtney

United States

#22 Jul 22, 2012
I have red bumps on my legs and they itch really bad don't get much sleep at all cause of it and feel sick idk what it is
matt

UK

#23 Jul 24, 2012
Scabies once treated should only produce an autoimmune response to the debris of the dead mite and their feaces for about 2 weeks ,such as itching and appearance of little red pimples ,the itching should not be like how it was when you had active scabies it should be better and sleep should be easier also no burrows occur in the post syndrome if they do you have been reinfected. Make sure girlfriends partners have been treated same time as you and hoover all upholstery car seats and furniture etc. If you are unsure get a skin scrape for a definite diagnosis best of luck. Regards matt. RN

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Nan

San Francisco, CA

#24 Jul 27, 2012
matt wrote:
Scabies once treated should only produce an autoimmune response to the debris of the dead mite and their feaces for about 2 weeks RN
Actually, post scabies itching can continue for more than a couple weeks in some people. It can even last a few months although there should be some improvement over that time. My friend was almost completely free of itching at about 3-4 weeks. I am still pretty itchy at 5weeks. We have both had thorough scrapings done and are free of scabies.

I messed with my skin more than he did. I used sulfur and tea tree oil. That may explain why I am still itching or it may just be that I have more sensitive skin.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 16
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Scabies not usually in clothes per Australian h... 4 hr Rob in Vancouver 1
Does anyone know if Kleen Green enzyme really w... (Jun '15) 5 hr Kelly Bottom 18
topical ivermectin (Apr '15) 8 hr Rob in Vancouver 10
Neem works Mon NB Girl 2
What relieves mite itching immediately? Mon bill 5
Scabies/Eggs lifespan? and a question about pre... (Apr '07) Mon itchy poo 543
the cure is so simple, I can't believe it...... (Jan '11) Mon Itchytoo 1,551
More from around the web