Pls Help - Sulfur question

Pls Help - Sulfur question

Posted in the Scabies Forum

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#1 Dec 9, 2009
I posted in I am cured but i thought i start a new thread cos i need some help or information..

we make our own sulfur mix and used sulfur ointment..i know it dries and burns your skin right up. Is that a good sign or a bad sign? Skin is peeling off like mad but there are new bumps with mites...what is wrong?? How long it takes to kill them if you are using sulfur?

anyone pls help.

Since: Nov 09

Milford, PA

#2 Dec 9, 2009
I use 10% sulfur soap with lanolin, anything more then that will usually irritate the skin. This one in particular is very good I found!

http://www.hbamart.com/grisi-soap-sulfur-jabo...
Vann from Tennessee

Jackson, TN

#3 Dec 10, 2009
Sad101,
What was your ointment that you used? What % sulfur did you add to the ointment?
Vann

Location hidden

#4 Dec 10, 2009
Vann from Tennessee wrote:
Sad101,
What was your ointment that you used? What % sulfur did you add to the ointment?
Vann
Firstly i used 10% and felt it wasn't strong enough. So i increase to 50% and i feel i am in hell.

Since: Nov 09

Milford, PA

#5 Dec 10, 2009
Sad101 wrote:
<quoted text>
Firstly i used 10% and felt it wasn't strong enough. So i increase to 50% and i feel i am in hell.
Maybe a bath in white vinegar will set you straight, it's supposed to soothe your body, & put your PH in balance. I'll be trying this myself tonight. 1 pint, to a quart in the tub.
Knowing your enemy

Roanoke, VA

#8 Dec 12, 2009
Sad101 wrote:
I posted in I am cured but i thought i start a new thread cos i need some help or information..
we make our own sulfur mix and used sulfur ointment..i know it dries and burns your skin right up. Is that a good sign or a bad sign? Skin is peeling off like mad but there are new bumps with mites...what is wrong?? How long it takes to kill them if you are using sulfur?
anyone pls help.
You need to treat for a while. Try to think of it as nothing kills all the eggs and possibly even a few of the burrowed mites survive short treatments.
eggs hatch in 3-4 days so take in consideration even pickin them back up off surroundings I would say atleast two weeks with treating scalp at night. So it is not the strength of the sulfur it is the long term use of them that will hopefully rid you of your critters.
Try mixing with favorite lotion so it is easier to wear. spray some perfume :)Think of it as you are breaking the cycle not as you are killing them all with ANY treatment.
Good luck
Vann from Tennessee

Jackson, TN

#9 Dec 12, 2009
I have a question. WHY use sulfur soap or a sulfur cream?
Does it kill the mites? Does it kill the eggs? How do you know?

Vann

Location hidden

#10 Dec 13, 2009
I have a question. WHY use sulfur soap or a sulfur cream?
Does it kill the mites? Does it kill the eggs? How do you know?
Vann
i cannot fully say it kills the eggs...i don't think anything can kill the bloody eggs. Sulfur does dry up your skin and it does kill the mites..and Sulfur been used long time ago, it is not advised by doctors cos it is can irritate your skin ALOT. Can cause eczema eruptions etc. One thing good about sulfur is the mites cannot build a resistance to it unlike all the topicals they have...Lindane is banned..even Lindane can't bloody kill the mites cos they build up a resistance to it esp if you have it for some time. Perm as well..same goes to all other topicals.

You can see from my post I am quite desperate..i am looking for Arm & Hammer but its not available in England...it is really hard esp in european countries..no support at all..trust me.
Knowing your enemy

Roanoke, VA

#11 Dec 14, 2009
Sulfur kills mite, the adult mite and with scabies that would be mostly the males.
I am using sulfur ointment 10% ordered on line. De La Cruz brand. I am waiting for sulfur powder 'flowers of sulfur' and sulfur soap all order online cause there were no sulfur products at any pharmacy where I live.
My BF who is (was) covered with scabies is on day 4 of sulfur treatment after four treatments with perm 5% over three weeks not working. It really is stinging him and made him get somewhat of a rash ... the critters may have dug in when exposed to the suflfur ointment.
All the places have turned pink and very few left that have red scabs. It does appear to be killing the mites.
I hope this works cause he does not have a place on his sides that you could put a pencil eraser down that was not affected and generally has it all over ... just like if not better than pics on the web. He just had no idea. I am sure many do not realize so by the time one does they have pretty good infestation.
EGGS the bad news nothing and I mean nothing gets 100% the good news is the eggs hatch in 3-4 days so if you keep up treatment the critters won't be able to mate (cause you are killing all adults) and then they can't lay eggs thus breaking the cycle and riding yourself of them.
Sulfur is absorbed more by your skin than perm cream so it also has a residual affect.
perm cream treatments aren't long enough (8-14 hours) to get four days of hatching eggs after treatment.
I would recommend sulfur in a comfortaable form and a comfortable strength. Sulfur is sort of itchy and burns like hell on the sores (like the perm cream)
I will update again. We are out of ointment today and I am praying for the rest of my orders to come in ..
Good Luck all!
Vann from Tennessee

United States

#12 Dec 14, 2009
KnowingYourEnemy,

Good post. IMO, this cedarcide is superior to sulfur.
"Best Yet" Cedarcide spray bottle
http://www.cedarcidestore.com/
Totally non-toxic to the skin and kills them DEAD.
Even so, I did get some sulfur soap to do my shower at the gym. So there is definitely a place for sulfur in our regime.

Vann

Location hidden

#13 Dec 14, 2009
Vann,

We don't have cedarcide in England unfortunately...tried looking but couldn't find it. UK lack alot of medicines that could actually help. Spent a great deal of amount of money on useless treatments, i can't afford to get cedarcide from the USA now =[..we don't even have Arm & Hammer laundry detergent soap powder which i read in the arm & hammer thread was very effective in killin them.

KnowingYourEnemy,

Depending on how long you have got this, I highly recommend you mix your own sulfur mix. It works better and you can up the amount of sulfur if you feel it is not strong enough.

Don't forget to scrub your skin.

I have read as much as possible on these bloody mites, research etc that now i feel i am a better expert than those doctors out there who keep sayin you have eczema, or allergic reaction. I think all of us here are better qualified than they are...lol..
Knowing your enemy

Roanoke, VA

#14 Dec 14, 2009
Got the sulfur powder and more premade sulfur ointment delivered today. Sigh of relief. What did you use to mix it with? I was thinking my favorite lotion.
I was also thinking about soaking in tub with some sulfur powder?
I have only been exposed (and i mean full exposed) about 5 week exposed before I said to my partner 'Babe i think you have scabies'. BF has them severly.
I may try the cedarside. His skin is tore up from mites (some places like under the arm were totally covered!!) then perm cream and now sulfur. Sounds like the spray may be good for other things I will check it out!!
Any other tips I will take it :) Keep em' coming. I might have to do a scabies web page with what works. Seems to be alot of bottom feeders taking advantage on folks with scabies on the internet.
Thanks
Vann from Tennessee

United States

#15 Dec 14, 2009
Sad101,

Why don't you become a dealer for A&H and Cedarcide in England? That looks like a golden opportunity for you to make some BIG money! Set up a website and they will come banging on your door.

PS) My neem oil package just arrived.
How do I use Neem oil? Slather it on sores? or all over the body?

Vann

Location hidden

#16 Dec 14, 2009
knowing your enemy,

You are a star for sticking with your bf.

I actually mix my sulfur with lard because lard is penetrative to the skin..imagine yourself feeling like a roast chicken after the mix. LOL.

But I think it won't be advisable to have a lotion that has bit of perfume in it cos it might further irritate your skin...I am not sure but i have extremely sensitive skin and it is already sore with my sulfur mix.

I mixed 20% sulfur with 80% lard. As for your sulfur bath...i don't think it is advisable because you have already bash your skin with so much sulfur..maybe epsom salt. I have a bath once a week. Most of the time i shower with sulfur soap and that itself dries up my skin so i changed to 100% neem oil & propolis soap. Neem oil may not be effective on its own but i think if we have other treatments in place and use neem, it will help.

My theory is to bash them with so many stuff, they eventually grow weak and give up..i just basically use everything that is anti-fungal, anti-parasite, anti-bacteria in my daily life now.

As for bedding, i don't sleep on bedsheets. I bought a PVC zipped mattress cover and zipped up my bed. Every morning i wake up, i spray the pvc and leave them to dry while i go to work. I don't sleep on pillows anymore too.

Location hidden

#17 Dec 14, 2009
Vann

That is a good idea! I might just do that and laugh at all the dermatologists who knows nothing..

I use Neem Oil & Propolis soap. Neem oil can be added to your hot bath. I think neem by itself will not kill all of them but it soothes your skin and numbs your pain.

http://www.discoverneem.com/neem-home-remedie...

I am taking neem leaf capsules instead now because i think we have to have something in our blood stream to make the mites go up to the skin surface. BEWARE : no term of neem leaf will actually lower your sperm count and also for girls, might cause you to be not able to conceive. So once you got rid of this, stop taking neem leaf. Thus, i think neem leaf is effective in such a way that it reduces the female mites reproduction system.

I have also heard good things about oregano oil which i am going to try and will let you guys know the outcome.

Location hidden

#18 Dec 28, 2009
Sad101,
Why don't you become a dealer for A&H and Cedarcide in England? That looks like a golden opportunity for you to make some BIG money! Set up a website and they will come banging on your door.
PS) My neem oil package just arrived.
How do I use Neem oil? Slather it on sores? or all over the body?
Vann
Hey Vann,

How is the neem doing for you? I got some neem oil liquid that was mixed with grapeseed oil..100% neem and 10% grapeseed. I thought i'll use it with my moisturiser and they really hate it. I have read that neem affect their reproduction system and also it stops the eggs from hatching into the next stage..and cause the neem is minty n bitter, they rather starve to death. I had a bad rash on my hands and its gone now. But i still do use sulfur. 3 days sulfur, 3 days neem moisturiser. Hope i will have good news soon for you guys and i'll start a new post when i am certain im all over it!
Ryan

Thunder Bay, Canada

#19 Sep 10, 2012
It depends on how advanced your case of scabies is but in most cases 2-3 nights with full body application for 14 hours is enough to completely eradicate scabies. In more advanced cases you may need to use oral medication in conjunction with sulfur creams.

Source: http://ScabiesHelpNow.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Removing Scabies from your Environment (Jan '08) 6 hr Ashbash 263
Ivermection scabbies 12 hr ReadyToJump 10
Where did you buy ivermectin from? (online) (Mar '09) 13 hr ReadyToJump 41
Does Benzyl Benzoate work? 13 hr ReadyToJump 1
Cheap do it yourself kit for scabies. 19 hr riverliver 18
25$ money back guarentee scabies treatment 19 hr riverliver 11
Two Scary Scabies videos 20 hr riverliver 7
how do i get rid of scabies once and for all? i... (Feb '07) Thu ReadyToJump 4,403
More from around the web