First Prev
of 70
Next Last
Rob

Guilford, CT

#1608 Jan 29, 2014
Wow, that is such good news. Any way we can learn more?
TXW1233

Magnolia, TX

#1609 Mar 19, 2014
In_UK2 wrote:
I would like to tell every one that for two years I looked like the poor leper at the side of the road. Worse than the worse mange dog in a Calcutta gutter. I'm July I was miraculously cured. All sores gone and blended in. Nothing tingling anywhere.i took no meds for the five months. I was cured, except I wasn't. Tingling and crawling started in my hand again. No welts or sores, but I'm dosing again for a month and see.
Mites can come back later, way later at times cause they can and do survive without human hosts. Don't believe mites can only survive 3 days with no human contact. If that were the case mites wouldn't be a problem. Mites don't feed off blood but skin cells. We shed skin cells in clothes, bedding, carpet, in terms of the mites' size this equals to tons of skin cells. I believe they can breed in mattresses, clothes, carpet and survive indefinitely without a human host. As for sealing clothes in a plastic bag-they're hardly going to use up the oxygen and will survive. An ideal home would be all tile. Throw away all clothes not needed. Buy large pot and boil towels beyond 120 degrees, boil other clothes that wont be wrecked from boiling. Put clothes in washer with soap and lots of borax, agitate heavy duty for 5 minutes to mix the boax in. Stop the washer and let the clothes sit in the borax for hours, heck 24 hours if able. Another item is Nair hair removal which will bring out unknown hives. Once Nair no longer does this, then on the right path.
BillyBob

Cortland, NY

#1610 Mar 19, 2014
What the hell is wrong with you people??!!

Since: Mar 14

Boston, MA

#1611 Mar 19, 2014
In_UK2 wrote:
Good to read your story, glad your alive!
In_UK2

Spain

#1613 Nov 17, 2014
scratchmeplease wrote:
<quoted text>
Good to read your story, glad your alive!
In_UK2 here. I'm glad too.

Today since five months, No more symptoms, no more activity -- including my right hand. Just white scars all over my body especially my chest and stomach. I can live with this. After one year in the Heidelberg University hospital, I made it against all odds. I'm alive! Thanks to all, especially Hope and MY Australian Saviour. Best of everything to those still suffering.

In_UK2
lilly

Hollywood, FL

#1614 Nov 17, 2014
Uk 2 ,
Your troll fiasco is nothing compared to the troll from denver. You dont have nothing on him!!!!!
In_UK2

Spain

#1615 Nov 20, 2014
lilly - Sorry to disappoint, but I didn't put my story on here to be a troll. I have (now again) a beautiful life living on a five-star resort in southern Spain. A home in the UK and great friends who where all glad to see me recovered and back from my hospital stay for over a year. I had great help from the doctors and nurses from the University of Heidelberg and support from my two kids in Germany. I even have my Provost bus ($1.2 mil) from down your way in Sanford, Florida. So unlike Denver who tries to mix every post of someone's up, I just posted my real life story in case it is interesting or helpful for anyone else. I don't have a sorry troll and computer life. So time to go on my daily bike ride with friends in the beautiful winter sunshine of Spain.

lilly - I think your the troll who pounces on every one to discredit their postings. I say to you, get a life. I have mine and am happy.
Katee

Homewood, IL

#1616 Nov 20, 2014
Good for you UK! I;m glad you are ok. I wish we had medical people here who would take this seriously.
Frank

Hollywood, FL

#1617 Nov 20, 2014
TXW1233 wrote:
<quoted text>
Mites can come back later, way later at times cause they can and do survive without human hosts. Don't believe mites can only survive 3 days with no human contact. If that were the case mites wouldn't be a problem. Mites don't feed off blood but skin cells. We shed skin cells in clothes, bedding, carpet, in terms of the mites' size this equals to tons of skin cells. I believe they can breed in mattresses, clothes, carpet and survive indefinitely without a human host. As for sealing clothes in a plastic bag-they're hardly going to use up the oxygen and will survive. An ideal home would be all tile. Throw away all clothes not needed. Buy large pot and boil towels beyond 120 degrees, boil other clothes that wont be wrecked from boiling. Put clothes in washer with soap and lots of borax, agitate heavy duty for 5 minutes to mix the boax in. Stop the washer and let the clothes sit in the borax for hours, heck 24 hours if able. Another item is Nair hair removal which will bring out unknown hives. Once Nair no longer does this, then on the right path.
the only way "mites come back later" is if you are reinfested either from a fomite, family member, mammal, pet. They just don't reappear out of nowhere. Scabies mites feed off of sebum, under your dermis. They don't feed off of skin cells. They don't last much longer than 4 days off the host in most circumstances. You don't need to throw away all clothes. Nair hair removal is not a good scabicide to use to fight this disease. The best environment to kill environmental mite is to have the area humidity free. The mites will dry up and die in the environment. They cannot breed in mattresses or carpets. But, they can reinfest someone. The longer a mite is without a host, the less they are able to reinfest.
In_UK2

Spain

#1619 Nov 25, 2014
I want to clarify for all readers. I did not have scabies. The vet that examined me first found worms that showed up in two types.

The first coming up from my hand when oil was applied to it and looked like a small tangled mess. I found hundreds of these or about 10 after each application of oil to my hand. These showed up as a minute dark dot and could be seen at 100 magnification on a microscope.

The second was long purple pink worms that showed up on scotch tape when applied to the palm of my hand every time there was an activity feeling there. These were classic worms and you could see their structure very well at 100 magnification on a microscope. Samples could be gathered quite easily.

I have microscope pictures of each (I posted on here I think). These samples were sent by the vet to the University of Salamanca and enabled me to convince the doctors in Heidelberg. I thank this vet since he supplied me with my Ivermectin and (I don't recommend) Moxidectin.
Queen of Outer Space

New York, NY

#1622 Saturday Feb 7
TXW1233 wrote:
<quoted text>
Another item is Nair hair removal which will bring out unknown hives. Once Nair no longer does this, then on the right path.
TXW1233 -- Can you elaborate? Do you put the Nair on your skin? All info welcome. Thanks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 70
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Scabies cured (Dec '08) 22 min Tara 98
The solution for scabies is Bleach. This is the... (Mar '12) 4 hr scratcher 159
Biting sensation, crawling, thin scratch lines 6 hr Jaun101 6
Scabies .... scalp body solution that is FINALL... 10 hr shasha 1
how do i get rid of scabies once and for all? i... (Feb '07) 15 hr gtguess 4,291
Do you get new bumps after post-scabies? (Sep '11) 19 hr wishful thinking 239
Collembola/Springtails (Jan '13) Sun marylandscabies 546
More from around the web