My Ivermectin Treatment Story

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#139 May 6, 2012
In UK2 wrote:
Here is my question: the people in aboriginal villages, or Nigeria or those with really bad scabies referred to in medical abstracts, how do or did they survive and am I just a wimp? I've never been one, but this is killing me. I had to ask. In the future, I'll find a way to post pictures from an iPhone to substantiate this journey.
Hard to know the answer to that question, but two things come to mind. People vary widely in their histamine or allergic reaction to mites. Also part of what was extremely hard when this started with me was the unknown, lack of control and the isolation. When I felt a sting or bite I panicked thinking, "oh no, how much is this going to spread or set me back!!". I had never known anyone with this, and had no example that would make me think it was in any way normal, much less people all around me living with it. Sadly, for many populations many types of parasites are a common occurrence.

Langoliers

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#140 May 6, 2012
In UK2 wrote:
Here is my question: the people in aboriginal villages, or Nigeria or those with really bad scabies referred to in medical abstracts, how do or did they survive and am I just a wimp? I've never been one, but this is killing me. I had to ask. In the future, I'll find a way to post pictures from an iPhone to substantiate this journey.
Good question
I don't understand it.
december downtown

Hollywood, FL

#141 May 6, 2012
In UK2 wrote:
Back in hotel and feel like a yo-yo. This going to be a hard journey. I felt good in morning, but on bus back to hotel I felt some really strong bites: back, upper arm by shoulder and on stomach. I think I am also getting a new hive by my right eye. How can I beat this?
When landing in Thailand, I'm going to visit doctors and dose good on ivermectin, which is the only thing that settle things down. What would the topical for this be? I'm not sure and I think I am not as tough as I thought I was earlier today at Starbucks.
Have you thought about the DMSO and ivermectin combination as a topical, as discussed in the Imidacloprid thread?
One poster on here used BB Benzemul topically and ivermectin orally; this was her cure.
over it

Australia

#142 May 6, 2012
I live in Australia and there are a lot of projects to treat scabies in isolated aboriginal communities, seemingly with success. Lots of research is done in the state I live in also. Yet my GPs have left me in scabie limbo and I feel like a wimp too. I feel worse when I read the struggles of people in other countries. This apparent 'minor ailment' is ruining my life. If I can get access to ivermectin I am hoping this plus BB will cure me too.
Keep posting in uk2. I think we all need an outlet somewhere.
In UK2

UK

#143 May 6, 2012
Three weeks ago, when starting a cure, things got better fast using higher doses (36+mg) of ivermectin (Vermectin from Atlantic Laboratories) and Advantix ii for dogs over 55 lbs (25kg) I was sure of a cure. I've ran out of both the ivermectin four days ago and the Advantix two weeks ago.

I was on the 1,2,8,9,15,22,27 plan, but actually taking more days since it was killing mites. This is day 20 and I should already be in Thailand to complete the plan. I will now be there on day 22, but without a good topical. Benzyl Benzoate with Tea Tree Oil and Permethrin 5% are not working. It's 4am and I awoke to bites on feet and the thud thud of a mite burrowing iny finger. I have pics after my second ivermectin dose (day 2) that clearly show a lot of black dead mites on my fingers between the joints. It's a very good pic (actually several with flash on or off).

I feel back at square one, especially with the new hive now burn-mark red just right and just down from the corner of my right eye (pics as well). In reality, I'm still better than three weeks ago when my face and ear were ravished (pics too).

Where are they coming from? My environments changed (new room inside same hotel only today), my clothes, shoes and things all new and rental car returned a few days ago. Put on such a mixture of layers of topicals last night to get sleep. I can't. How do they still attack me?

Are they a very resistant strain? Are they residing where I can't kill them I finger or toe nails (clipped and Benzyl liberally applied)? Are they in the super hard scabs that won't heal on my stomach?

My only hope now is to get to Thailand, take high doses of ivermectin, FIND a good topical there that works and have one doctor monitor my progress (or lack) multiple times weekly with genuine interest. I'm in a very bad place people.
In UK2

UK

#144 May 6, 2012
And I'm not lying.
In UK2

UK

#145 May 6, 2012
over it:
Because of the diverse locations of posters, many remedies being discussed have no purchase point to others. I have no idea where DMSO would be procured or this earth dirt stuff. Same with some of the environment sprays. Even Borax. I'm from the States, but iliving n Europe.

Try and get ivermectin since I noticed a HUGE difference when taking it. I was not so sure of a good topical though and hoping that the "regular" ones would work in conjunction.

It seems eons now since the times I have visited Australia: Blue Mountains, Great Ocean Road, Grampians. Wimp me asks if those days will ever come back. Good luck to you.
In UK2

UK

#146 May 7, 2012
It's morning, actually just about noon, and one could feel cured, but I know it's just the morning and always such after a night of topical, morning shower, re-application of topical and new clothes (brand new).

I need to catch a regional flight today before tomorrows long haul.
In UK2

London, UK

#147 May 7, 2012
Sitting at regional airport drinking coffee at Nero's, a Starbucks-type coffee shop. Hotel booked in London. It's the typical twin bed room I book. One bed for lounging, the other for sleeping after topical creams. Sparkles occurring feet and stomach. I just know that desolving the super-hard scabs prior to applying a topical is key. Just what to use? The afternoon and night begins and I hate it.

Since: May 12

London, UK

#148 May 7, 2012
Fingernails, hands, stomach, toe nails, feet and little bits on legs and by ear. That's how you know evening is coming. It's not a life.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#149 May 7, 2012
Have you tried soaking in A&H bath? Reason asking is i tried this about a wk ago and noticed I had more on my face than thought, an the Arm&Hammer soap seemed to bring them to the surface of my skin, not going to lie it did burn a bit but hey got some to the surface an help kill them off!

UK

#150 May 7, 2012
fighting the battle;
I have not found Arm & Hammer here. I initially took bleach baths, but that was the start of mites both in nose and ears. As prone, I also used way too much bleach with little or no ventilation. Later I switched to showering with thick bleach and a large brush. In those times, it allowed some sleep. Then I moved to showering with pure amonnia and a scrubber sponge.

UK

#151 May 7, 2012
After my regional flight, checked into my hotel, took cold shower and used a nail brush on my entire body. I had lots of activity and my face felt like shards of insolation around eyed and upper cheeks. Next a total coating of Benzyl 25% and Tea Tree Oil 100%. Then I changed clothes for the second time today and went to dinner. After dinner the same showering with nail brush and permethrin 5% topical. I'll cover with Benzyl again before sleeping. I hope this isn't my life.

UK

#152 May 7, 2012
After my shower last night, I put only Permethrin on my body and some Benzyl Benzoate on my scalp. Slept fine.

This morning, I showered again and re-applied the seme. I'm in a taxi right now going to the airport. To fly, I had to put on some shoes I wore four days ago. They were sealed in plastic in my suit case and I am sure to get something. I had no other choice. Hopefully the ivermectin in Thailand will kill any dug in. This is such a travesty, this illness. Of course it's morning, when things always feel better. No showers to be had on the plane though.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#153 May 7, 2012
In_UK2 wrote:
After my shower last night, I put only Permethrin on my body and some Benzyl Benzoate on my scalp. Slept fine.
This morning, I showered again and re-applied the seme. I'm in a taxi right now going to the airport. To fly, I had to put on some shoes I wore four days ago. They were sealed in plastic in my suit case and I am sure to get something. I had no other choice. Hopefully the ivermectin in Thailand will kill any dug in. This is such a travesty, this illness. Of course it's morning, when things always feel better. No showers to be had on the plane though.
You might be able to find some travel sized medicated foot powder at the airport that you can put in your shoes.
Also if you don't have any topical with you for during the flight, hand sanitizer gel will help on the itchies.
And benedryl antihistime or allergy pills could knock you out...alternative: lots of vodka..
Good luck on the flight.
lmcc

Modesto, CA

#154 May 8, 2012
I have been following this ...
thank you for sharing.
I hope you find all that is needed
in the way of treatments in Thailand.
I hope you get well.
Please keep reporting your progress.
Thank you so much.
Have a good flight.
& Take care.
I wish I were as brave as you are.
lmcc
over it

Australia

#155 May 8, 2012
^ Seconded, and good luck to you too inuk2. Finally got a script for stromectol today, if this doesn't work maybe I will hide in a suitcase and meet you in Thailand!

UK

#156 May 8, 2012
I have been at the airport all morning feeling ok, but now it's starting, so I went in the toilet and put another layer of topical on. Especially on my feet. I'm getting the impression that toe nails, finger nails and the eight or so very hard, but shrinking scabs on my stomach are the real issue areas (besides what I am now feeling on the soles of my feet). I'm about to board so my next post will either be from my very short stop over location (1h 20m) or from Bangkok. I'm hoping the ivermectin will be available tomorrow. I hope they have grapefruit juice there because I already drank the ones in my suitcase. Two concerned business friends called to wish me well. Thanks also to the posters here too.

Langoliers

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#157 May 8, 2012
over it wrote:
^ Seconded, and good luck to you too inuk2. Finally got a script for stromectol today, if this doesn't work maybe I will hide in a suitcase and meet you in Thailand!
How much of the stromectol did you get

You need like 4 to 5 3mg pills for 3 treatment each treatment should be 7 days apart.

UK

#158 May 8, 2012
Hi langoliers:
(or I'm talking to myself :-)
I know you asked "over it", but in my case I went through a lot of ivermectin (Vermectin from Atlantic Laboratories). In fact about 400mg. The rest I gave to my now ex-partner, but friend.

My location still says London at the top, but I guess some posters are savvy and can tell I am now posting at my stop over in the middle east.

The flight started itchy, but then settled down "somewhat". I kept a tube of permethrin in my pocket and rubbed my legs, arms, hands and face. I'm still getting activity and stomping my left foot a bit because one is boaring in my heal. I hate that! Am boarding again now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I had a 4 hour erection, is it Scabies ? 20 min OUCH 1
Scabies laid dormant in suitcase for 4 YEARS (Jun '08) 3 hr Phoenx777 41
Is it Scabies or Ringworm?? (Feb '11) 5 hr FRED 23
Scabies-washing clothes (Jan '12) 5 hr Adana 30
News Scabies Global Clinical Trials Review, H1, 2014 (Mar '14) 7 hr Adana 4
Help! 13 hr JJDubs-2 1
Scabies and Diabetis, help! I've had this stuff... 14 hr Adana 1
how do i get rid of scabies once and for all? i... (Feb '07) Thu Adana 4,600
More from around the web