Since: Apr 13

Mountain View, CA

#1496 Jun 13, 2013
FRED wrote:
Gotcha, like I said I have more reading to do. I don't plan on doing any experimenting unless I understand the proper order and doses in which to take the tinctures etc. Ty for the response, unfortunately between work and getting my son situated when I get home, I am up till the wee hours of the morning sometimes, I have to dedicate more reading and focus time to the posts.
Queen of Outer Space

New York, NY

#1497 Jun 13, 2013
Rooster,

I soak in various bug baths -- 1 tub of warm water + 3 quarts HP 3%.

1 tub of warm water + 2 cups Borax powder.

1 tub of warm water + a combo of the above.

1 tub of warm water + 2 cups Dead Sea Salts.

While I have really gotten rid of DEMODEX on my face, I know they are easy to catch and difficult to kill. So a weekly soak I believe is good to get rid of a large population of the damn bugs.

Since the same things seem to work for scabies as for demodex these are very worth trying. I found the soaks even got rid of my "normal" underarm odor. That shiz may actually be caused by bugs shedding bacteria! Oh, man. You read it here first.

PLUS the soaks are nice on muscles after a workout.
Hope

Edmonton, Canada

#1498 Jun 13, 2013
I think what helped most for me is when I applied DE and left it on for 3 days straight. Also the DE transferred into my bed so I didn't have to go crazy and wash everything everyday plus it would kills the critters in my bed. I also used the liquid ivermectrin 2.5 ml every 3 or 4 days for about 3 weeks.
After, I guess because my immune system was down or a reaction from the pests I developed Malassezia and it feels just like a mite infection. I finally was prescribed an effective shampoo prescribed by the DR and use it as a hair and body wash. It's called Stieprox. Also to help combat this I've changed to a healthy diet (basically staying away from refined foods) see gaps diet and adding probiotics via food and suppliments.
Also for some reason bugs really hate Dawn dish soap.
Yes the soaks QoOS suggests would definately help. I soak in sea or epson salts with baking soda to draw the impurieties out of my body through the skin. Borax HP is good used for killing bugs.
TC Everyone!
Hope

Edmonton, Canada

#1499 Jun 13, 2013
I also started eating Food Grade DE (natural and high in minerals) and kills all kinds of parasites via blood. I still take DE orally mixed with a bit of water.
Hope

Edmonton, Canada

#1500 Jun 13, 2013
Let me clarify the Ivermectrin. 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp)for my body weight. The instruction for weight come with the bottle you can buy at livestock feed store or pet supply. Dilute it with water and take orally.
The Food Grade DE can be found at a garden center.
David

Las Cruces, NM

#1502 Jun 13, 2013
Hey guys give me some feed back how much can i take of ivermetiin on each day without kill myself once a week does not work email dwslade@comcast.net
Hope

Edmonton, Canada

#1503 Jun 14, 2013
Also something else that gave temporary relief was to smother your skin with oil, kills them right away, you'll see them come out of your skin dead but I guess it didn't work for the eggs.
David, the recommended dose works but the key is to take it every 3rd day to kill the new hatchlings because that's how long it stays in your system & liver.
Hope

Edmonton, Canada

#1504 Jun 14, 2013
Any oil, olive, baby, even canola....
misery_in_au

Sydney, Australia

#1505 Jun 16, 2013
Hi Hope, it is great to see you posting again. Struggling along here, some gains and some setbacks. I still use the antibac dishwash liquid every day- you were the impetus for the antibacterial treatments in the hair which have helped somewhat. Thank you.
Queen of Outer Space

New York, NY

#1506 Jun 16, 2013
Emma, How did you take the Stromectol and for how long? I see they are 3mg pills.

Thanks much!

Q
Queen of Outer Space

New York, NY

#1507 Jun 16, 2013
Hope, how often do you/did you take the 2.5 ml of liquid ivermectin (Ivomec?) orally?

I have this at home and find it a very effectiv topical. I wonder if it goes into the system through the skin (or if the molecules are too big).

Thanks much!

Q
In Hospital2

UK

#1508 Jun 16, 2013
I have a new thread: My Zprexa Treatment Story.
I'll continue to blog now there.
misery_in_au

Sydney, Australia

#1509 Jun 16, 2013
It isn't UK2 guys.

San Jose, CA

#1510 Jun 16, 2013
Hope wrote:
Also something else that gave temporary relief was to smother your skin with oil, kills them right away, you'll see them come out of your skin dead but I guess it didn't work for the eggs.
David, the recommended dose works but the key is to take it every 3rd day to kill the new hatchlings because that's how long it stays in your system & liver.
The first month I had whatever it is I have, I did get grainy bits that I assume from reading and other info these are the eggs. I did notice that the sulfer and vaseline regiment was expelling the eggs, the clove oil regimen I do, not so much,I get the mites coming out, but hardly see any eggs. I may go back to the vaseline and sulfer because I was getting better results (temporary relief), nothing kills the eggs, but I do feel from experience they can be expelled, seems different oils/concoctions work differently for everyone. It is a good thing if you get the grainy sand, as far as I know, these are the eggs. The hard part about the 24/7 sulfer and vaseline, well its very messy and if you have to work a 40 hour a week job, you better get up at 4am shower and do teh regimen religiously, 5 o'clock, 6 o'clock passes and time to get me and my son out the door...to start the day. It is so emotionally and physically draining, but stay on top of it. You owe yourself to read as many posts as you can, the more info you have on relieving or potentially curing yourself, the better. don't eat sugar and stay away from processed foods, drink lost of water, you are putting your body..kidneys and liver through the ringer.

San Jose, CA

#1511 Jun 16, 2013
Hope wrote:
Let me clarify the Ivermectrin. 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp)for my body weight. The instruction for weight come with the bottle you can buy at livestock feed store or pet supply. Dilute it with water and take orally.
The Food Grade DE can be found at a garden center.
Wow, we can't get it at a garden center here in norcal,I had to order it online, only pool grade was available at the garden, home centers.
Hope

Edmonton, Canada

#1512 Jun 17, 2013
Queen of Outer Space wrote:
Hope, how often do you/did you take the 2.5 ml of liquid ivermectin (Ivomec?) orally?
I have this at home and find it a very effectiv topical. I wonder if it goes into the system through the skin (or if the molecules are too big).
Thanks much!
Q
I took it on every 3rd or 4th day.
I also did make a soak or sponge bath with it, like a sheep dip, was effective. I forget the ratio of iver to water but you can find it on the net. That would work every few days b/c you're killing the newly hatched.
Hope

Edmonton, Canada

#1513 Jun 17, 2013
It is so emotionally and physically draining, but stay on top of it. You owe yourself to read as many posts as you can, the more info you have on relieving or potentially curing yourself, the better. don't eat sugar and stay away from processed foods, drink lost of water, you are putting your body..kidneys and liver through the ringer.

It actually helps to eat healthy, it strengthens your immune system to help fight these pests and kidneys & liver will benefit not go through the ringer :)
Good you got some DE, you can also use it to sprinkle on and around your seats in your vehicle leave it on then put a plastic bag over top. Vacuuming and washing your floors and furniture in the home help.
nutmeger back in USA

Guilford, CT

#1514 Jun 17, 2013
I only reap posts by inUK2.

I have been reading for about a year. If you ever need a person to chat with on skype look me up. I chat with your bro some times.
Queen of Outer Space

New York, NY

#1515 Jun 17, 2013
Thank you for the info, Hope.

I put the iver (bovine/porcine Ivomec) on topically neat. I know the damn things are everywhere there is a folicle. While I am clear, I want to make sure I never see another bit of evidence of demodex infestation again.

I am on a truly healthy diet. I know I picked up the demodex as a kid when my diet was frightening, as I look back on it.

I appreciate you kindly replying.

Best of health to you.

Q
cmissouri

United States

#1517 Jul 5, 2013
I want to trt the death part of ur post. I'm absolutely disgusted with myself. I've had them now for longer than I feel anyone has. I just wanna cry all the time. I'm a female and there's no feeling attractive with these nasty godforsaken things on me. I need something.. I can't handle this any longer!!!!!:'(.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
White and black specks...crawlies....scratch ma... (Jan '08) 2 hr jeana 128
How to get rid of scabies...very quick and on p... (Aug '12) 3 hr Dom 44
Scabies or shingles (Aug '13) 9 hr pretty crazy 3
Scabies but no rash, just itching & crawling fe... (Mar '12) Tue BAS 125
how do i get rid of scabies once and for all? i... (Feb '07) Tue Jodyy 4,184
i think i have a cure... onions! (Feb '11) Tue ingliskf 22
Permethrin Treatment and still itching question... (Jun '08) Tue scfarkas 150
More from around the web