My Ivermectin Treatment Story
Hope

Canada

#1073 Dec 28, 2012
haha uh ya well like I said...I have no more crawlies, bumps and rashes on skin have gone and/or are dissappearing, no new marks...and nothing alarming to report.
Nizerol's active ingredient is Ketoconazole and is also contained in other brands of dandruff shampoos, if you can't find that one. There are also other medicated shampoos that will work.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tinea_versicolor
Hope

Canada

#1074 Dec 29, 2012
I have done it all...iver, peroxide, perm, bleach, borax....It helped keep the infection down.
In a post awhile back I think it was MIU who hit on Selsun Gold Shampoo. She was onto something, that may work just as well?
The DR recommended the treatment for a month and to return if it wasn't going well. You can take the same or alternative meds orally.
Hope

Canada

#1075 Dec 29, 2012
typo MIA sorry! Hope you are doing well!!
Hope

Canada

#1076 Dec 29, 2012
Shelly W

Los Angeles, CA

#1077 Jan 1, 2013
where ever you are UK2

Iodine is going to help so much!

http://www.jcrows.com/iodine.html

also ivermectin that has praziqantel in it!

There are also pheromone insect traps that will help catch them from in the environment.

Buying the Talstar brand Deltamethrin and making a spray really strong and spraying everything will get them out of your home!!!!!!!!!!

scooby doo, where are you?
misery_in_au

Baulkham Hills, Australia

#1078 Jan 2, 2013
Hope wrote:
typo MIA sorry! Hope you are doing well!!
Hi Dear Hope, I am SO pleased that your infection has abated- you really really deserved for it to clear, as well as everyone else with this terrible affliction of scabies and/or mites. I am fully of the opinion that once a scabies and/or mite and/or lice infestation occurs, that the pheromones generated will elicit an ongoing response from similar-type mites.

Am also of the impression (from long experience now) that no single medication works for any infestation, and indeed no two cases are alike. They are so many factors to consider. What I do know is this: the recommended treatments and dosage rates are woefully inadequate. The admonitions to not treat face and scalp are wrong, wrong, wrong. Our medicos are twenty to thirty years behind the times.

Permethrin in the stronger forms, selenium sulfide, oral/topical ivermectin, strong isopropyl alcohol gel, antibacterial dish-washing liquid... all of these have helped in the personal infection but none alone have totally alleviated it.

The good news is that over the past couple of weeks have used two tubes of perm cream daily, along with all of the afore-mentioned products and buckets of borax for clothes, floors etc. Scalp continues to shed extensively daily. Still strongly believe it is bird mites +scabies. Going to doctors this week for strong anti-bios to combat any further bacterial involvement. Still fear my head needs to be shaved. Dramatic drops in numbers but still no cure. Sigh.

UK2 I sincerely hope you are faring better. We would love to hear back from you and wish you well- please let us know how you are going.
misery_in_au

Sydney, Australia

#1079 Jan 10, 2013
Just bumping this up in case UK2 would like to let us know how he's going- miss ya old cobber.
misery_in_au

Baulkham Hills, Australia

#1081 Jan 19, 2013
Another bump
Hope

Canada

#1082 Jan 20, 2013
Yep I got other bumps too especially armpit and back area. Chest and arm area better but still redness and blotchy. Hard to get rid of...says it takes about a month. DE has helped used as a antiperspirant and bumps have vanished underarm. Antibacterial soap helps a lot. The Nizoral really helped scalp but not so much on body. I just bought Miconazole Nitrate cream and spray for body. Will seek out DR see if I can get something to take orally.
misery_in_au

Sydney, Australia

#1083 Jan 20, 2013
Hope wrote:
Yep I got other bumps too especially armpit and back area. Chest and arm area better but still redness and blotchy. Hard to get rid of...says it takes about a month. DE has helped used as a antiperspirant and bumps have vanished underarm. Antibacterial soap helps a lot. The Nizoral really helped scalp but not so much on body. I just bought Miconazole Nitrate cream and spray for body. Will seek out DR see if I can get something to take orally.
Hi hope great to hear from you and see you're still around. Are you cured yet or almost? Had such a small amount of them 'drop' today, feel I may be close to the end. Hopefully.
misery_in_au

Sydney, Australia

#1084 Jan 20, 2013
the antibac dishwash soap works well btw
misery_in_au

Winston Hills, Australia

#1085 Jan 20, 2013
In UK2

Barcelona, Spain

#1086 Jan 22, 2013
My entire update post was deleted. Nothing was against forum rules, so I'll update again: I'm still really sick and fear I'm getting more so each day. I'm taking amoxycillin at 1,875mg every 8 hours; that's two tablets, one at 1,000mg and one at 875mg. I see no improvement after five days now. I'll start again with ivermectin soon since this actually made a difference in population and symptom reduction. My daughter has my possessions that I wanted her to have already and now I'll try to fund a serious effort to rid these. I was an out patient at the Tropical Med in Amsterdam and the blood tests showed negative. Other samples show a parasite in the millions on me. Rubbing antibacterial ointment on my fingers produces these in large numbers after 10 minutes. They appear as white larvae and feel like glass on finger tips. New sores are appearing daily now with some showing as trenches and others as the top layer of skin being "eaten" off. Sort of a burn mark. Strong directed hand showers push many of them off the skin, but coupled with soap and Amonia work best. I'm also chewing lavender pills, five at a time, but the results are minimal. I feel weak all the time. There are white things, visible through a magnifying glass, everywhere I sit or touch. A vet put oil on my hands and up come black cigar shaped things on my palm, but at high magnification show to be tangled purple strings like a worm. Each time every time. Who knows. I just know they are making things too miserable for me. As a vet, I'm thinking the closest military cemetery as a better solution. Things are close now that my things are almost sorted. Love all.
Hope

Canada

#1088 Jan 22, 2013
Dear UK2, have you tried smothering your whole body with oil? Much love!
Hope

Canada

#1089 Jan 22, 2013
What's working best UK2? Antibacterial stuff, ointment, soap? Iver is chlorine right? Oil...
Also have you tried soaking in bleach water instead of ammonia?
In UK2

Barcelona, Spain

#1090 Jan 22, 2013
The Amoxycillin is only for bacteria. I'm not sure what's next in life.
Hope

Canada

#1091 Jan 22, 2013
Here's my prob...maybe helps some here? Interesting read.
http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1091037...

Since: Oct 12

Sydney

#1092 Jan 22, 2013
In UK2 wrote:
My entire update post was deleted. Nothing was against forum rules, so I'll update again: I'm still really sick and fear I'm getting more so each day. I'm taking amoxycillin at 1,875mg every 8 hours; that's two tablets, one at 1,000mg and one at 875mg. I see no improvement after five days now. I'll start again with ivermectin soon since this actually made a difference in population and symptom reduction. My daughter has my possessions that I wanted her to have already and now I'll try to fund a serious effort to rid these. I was an out patient at the Tropical Med in Amsterdam and the blood tests showed negative. Other samples show a parasite in the millions on me. Rubbing antibacterial ointment on my fingers produces these in large numbers after 10 minutes. They appear as white larvae and feel like glass on finger tips. New sores are appearing daily now with some showing as trenches and others as the top layer of skin being "eaten" off. Sort of a burn mark. Strong directed hand showers push many of them off the skin, but coupled with soap and Amonia work best. I'm also chewing lavender pills, five at a time, but the results are minimal. I feel weak all the time. There are white things, visible through a magnifying glass, everywhere I sit or touch. A vet put oil on my hands and up come black cigar shaped things on my palm, but at high magnification show to be tangled purple strings like a worm. Each time every time. Who knows. I just know they are making things too miserable for me. As a vet, I'm thinking the closest military cemetery as a better solution. Things are close now that my things are almost sorted. Love all.
So relieved to hear back from you. I just knew you'd let us know. Which country at the moment? Has any decent hospital accepted you for inpatient treatment which you so desperately need? Love to you hun.

Found some relief lately with 96% surgical alcohol, drying them all out. Coupled with perm we'll see how it goes. But looking hopeful for first time in months. Instead of *gradually* reducing them, its *drastically* reduced them.

Since: Oct 12

Sydney

#1093 Jan 22, 2013
Hope wrote:
What's working best UK2? Antibacterial stuff, ointment, soap? Iver is chlorine right? Oil...
Also have you tried soaking in bleach water instead of ammonia?
that's the ivermectin. You can get it as human Stromectol or as horse worming paste, same dose per pound as for humans. Supposed to kill parasites internally. I went through four tubes of the stuff, made no diff.
In UK2

Barcelona, Spain

#1094 Jan 23, 2013
My ex partner said she feels better when applying athlete's foot cream to the sores or scratch marks. Says they dry up good quickly. Injectable animal ivermectin and Advantix on skin did same thing for me. I think the reason they do not heal is the critters. On the rubbery scab ones, they healed with the above meds when the rubbery scab was scrapped off. I felt stings constantly in some and that stopped after scrapping and applying meds.

Shelley spoke about red dots under skin. I too before in a survey thread; no one answered. My red dots are in fatty part of palm and feet. Ivermectin cleared these (for a good while). Also when pressed really hard it felt like bubble wrap bursting underneath.

Symptoms and pictures. It's ok to describe, but actual pictures from sores and microscope samples are better.

I'll be posting more of these pics soon.

I also now feel the environment and clothes play very big part toward less symptoms. Like Shelley, I find these larvae leave my skin constantly to mature. From legs, hands etc. and like previous medical papers the aduls hide in things near your sleep area and come back to lay eggs. Adults are hard to find, but larvae in millions. Just put vasaline on hands and rub fingers together very softly. You use your hands to wash hair and body or apply lotions and so these are prime larvae areas. They can come out of pores so if you see pore activity localised then that is what's going on.

Of course some have scabies and others something else.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
10 years and finally cured! (Aug '16) 10 hr Luvsca 13
Curing the Incurable 13 hr scratcher 11
How did I get rid of scabies in three seconds (Oct '11) Fri Medic 572
After 4 years Borax on the body is working. (Jun '11) Thu Hope 16
Giving Scabies to someone else? (Apr '09) Wed Christian 42
Scabies is VERY treatable! My story. (Jul '10) Wed buggedindtown 70
Mix your own Sulfur cream! (Feb '10) Mar 21 jreaveds 92
More from around the web