UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2012

Judged:

I have atypical scabies that started out with a couple burrows and a growth nodule under my eye brow. UK doctors were idiots and did not listen because I did not come to the first appointment asking, "What's this?". I informed myself.

I could afford multiple Permethrin treatments, new clothes and hotels. Even ordered 3x 500ml bottles of 25% Benzyl Benzoate. Burrows still appeared and sores were mostly round large bumps turning to very hard scabs that would not go away. Doctors said Post Scabies. It was hell. One dermatologist suggested psyc councilling! I walked out immediately from his office.

They then started attacking my face and basically anywhere that was left untreated. Tracks like moon craters circling from eye brow to cheek. Any fleshy face area like under eyes.

Was showering with Ammonia twice daily and using Raid cockroach spray nightly just to sleep. For large ammonia bottles and three large Raid cans gone through.

Then: I arranged for a friend to procure 720mg of ivermectin tablets (6mg each, 6 in two foil packets in each box and a total of 10 boxes!

Ordered Advantix ii for dogs over 25kg on eBay. 24 little tubes in all.

Treatment time!
In UK2

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2012

Judged:

Treatment Day 1:
Took 6 tablets of 6mg each (representing one of the two foil packets contained in the box.

Drank grapefruit juice and applied one undiluted tube of Advantix to scalp and another tube mixed 50/50 with virgin olive oil to body. Slept well that night in hotel. Next morning (today) there were small rash areas with tiny small spots particularly on fingers on fleshy areas between joints.

No crawling, but one big bite felt on hand early morning. Applied Advantix on hands. Moved new hotel.
In UK2

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2012

Judged:

Treatment Day 2:
I'm following the 1,2,8,9,15,22,29 day human ivermectin plan. Laying in hotel now waiting for evening to take next dose. Tolerated 36mg very well last night so after drinking more grapefruit juice than I ever wish to drink again, I'm dosing 48mg next. Can't wait, TV boring. Here goes 48mg. No Advantix tonight, only on off days now. Will post tomorrow.

Note to "Of Course": back to Spain tomorrow too.
In UK2

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2012

Judged:

Re-reading Progress' post and recommendations again, I taxi'd to a chemist and puchases three bottles of Tea Tree Oil, which I will mix with the olive oil and Advantix ii tonight.
In UK2

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2012

Judged:

Quite late and watching TV after 42mg dose earlier and Advantix. Seems like small bites all over, not pin pricks, but sparkler sensations mostly on hands. Will this work? Early treatment days, but filled with doubts in my head.
In UK2

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2012

Judged:

Hi augustmidwest. Thanks for the links. I never read an abstract on grape juice or on keratolytic therapy, which interests me since on my chest and face resort to (gross) slowly scratching. My Ivermectin is from Atlantic Laboratories marketed as Vermectin. I'd have killed myself soon if a friend and his wife hadn't spent days on end running around to pharmacies collecting it in the developing (and beautiful) country they were in at the time. Literally, I owe them my life.

My next dose is in six days time (treatment day 8). I'm on the 1,2,8,9,15,22,27 regime as referenced in one of your links.

This morning I am sitting in a hotel drinking coffee relaxed; the first time in months! There is cautious hope, but I had to live with this, my choice would be death.
In UK2

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2012

Judged:

My suggestion to anyone: of you have Permethrin treatment failure, don't wait, don't believe doctors, beg, borrow and fly some where like Guatemala or Peru and trample the pharmacies for over the counter Ivermectin and after two weeks start up your life again while continuing treatment. Stay away from environments or "friends" that may have a less than sanitary life.
In UK2

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2012

Judged:

Post ivermectin day 1: 36mg / day 2: 42mg. No hurtful pin pricks, but sparkle feelings occasionally in the soles of feet. I never see tracks or sores there, but if I press over the sides and soles I can see areas that stay red. Mites or normal? Still, 5 more treatments to go. Another thing, I don't completely trust my iPhone. I clean it, but my fingers always feel tingly when using. There are small touch point holes in the screen I know and edges with recesses. I don't want treatment failure!
In UK2

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2012

Judged:

Two days treatment and two doses of human ivermectin under my belt: 36mg and 42mg. I feel tingly in my hands and fingers whenever using my iPhone and occasionally on soles of feet. Never noticed burrows or sores on feet, but pressing my finger across sides or soles there are areas that stay red while the rest goes white. I would hate treatment failure, but if so I will fly to an ivermectin over the counter country and high dose myself to heaven. My apartment has been sitting empty for two months, my other residence in a hot country will sit empty for 30 days now too. Both have thick expensive carpet that I hope 30 days is enough.
In UK2

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2012

Judged:

augustmidwest: thank you again for the links. You are a true help. I wish I could post pictures so we can all understand the infection intensity since one cannot judge.

Apologies for double posts. Hotel wireless.
Fighting the battle

Wapakoneta, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2012

Another thing I do to help stop the spread of this is use lysol(disinfecting spray) spray on everything you touch, door handles, cell phones, faucets, remotes, I even spray my bedding with it even after it has been cleaned!
I also found it is good to keep a topical on my hands all times, I think by doing that as well as treatments have killed them off my hands a lot.
Good luck.
In UK2

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2012

Judged:

I am now sure my iPhone has them (am typing on it now :-{. Can you microwave a phone?

augustmidwest, hope you did not try the death part of my post!

My fingers have even more tiny dot like scabs in clusters of three or more. I want to shove them I'm front of the faces of the doctors I've seen.

How does one show pics (anonymously)?
Ryan

Thunder Bay, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2012

Judged:

The best treatment for cases of scabies that are more advanced or occur above the neck are using sulfur as it can be applied full body and is more effective than pesticides.

Source: http://ScabiesHelpNow.com
In UK2

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2012

Judged:

Hi Ryan, i highly doubt that is the 100%.cure route, but used as a route to scrape off scabs prior to topical, probably.
In UK2

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2012

Judged:

Treatment day 3:
Took 36mg human ivermectin although not on the 1,2,8,9,15,22,29 plan. I have 720mg stock and just said "give them one more!"

I'll now 5 day now for next mite cycle. Drank 2 quarts of grapefruit juice waiting at airport. Gotta pee bad :-)
In UK2

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2012

Judged:

Something new: I am seeing slightly double when looking afar at signs etc. mi-way fine, reading was always a slight problem, permethrin, ivermectin, too much grapefruit juice. Hope not permanent.
In UK2

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2012

Judged:

Note: I'll post until the end. If I stop, assume the worst.
In UK2

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2012

Judged:

Sitting in departure lounge; sight at all distances going blurry.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2012

In UK2 wrote:
Sitting in departure lounge; sight at all distances going blurry.
Hi In UK2,
A similar thing happened to me when taking large doses of ivermectin every other day for a bit. My vision got fuzzy and I was also sensitive when going from dark (outside at night) to a lighted room. It was scary at the time, but when I quit taking the iver for a few days all returned to normal. Still, I think it can be dangerous and hard on your body, so listen to your body and maybe take it less often.
good luck
In UK2

Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2012

Judged:

On the plane, after a few hours, my vision retuned. Today noticed a baseball-size burn-like mark on back of upper leg. Could be a dead mite farm. More dead spots (hundreds) appearing. I taking pictures each area.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of1,385
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

114 Users are viewing the Scabies Forum right now

Search the Scabies Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
K9 advantix II with instant hand santitzer pre ... (Dec '11) 1 hr Katee 5
Albendazole/Valbazen Cure (Dec '13) 2 hr FRED 58
Morgellons and Lyme from mite infections (May '13) 3 hr desperate mom 446
Scabies cure with Albendazole (Albenza)? (Dec '11) 3 hr Katee 56
remidy for scabies (Jan '12) 4 hr Katee 3
I was pregnant with scabies... and now cured (Mar '08) 9 hr Donnie 19
Amazing Benefits of Diatomaceous Earth ( DE ) (Jan '10) 12 hr FRED 184
how do i get rid of scabies once and for all? i... (Feb '07) Jul 10 Ling 4,085
•••