Scabies but no rash, just itching & c...
Itchy in TX

Richmond, TX

#111 Apr 28, 2014
Permithrin didn't work for me and I have applied about 4 times. I am trying the orange oil, then clove oil all over including my scalp in the AM. This is the first time I am able to see so many dead mites on my skin so I am hopeful. Hope this is informative for somebody.
Confused

Dayton, OH

#112 Apr 30, 2014
I've read some of these post and they are horror stories! I'm sorry to say that but if I wasn't scared befor I'm frightened now! My 15 yr old daughter got scabies it went on for months we thought it was dry skin. Even after having them all those months nobody else in the house caught them! But I still treated everyone in the house. I continue to use a sulfur soap once a day. I came on this site trying to educate my self for this never happens again but I am a absolutely mess after reading some of theses stories! I think I gave gaven my self symtems after ready some of these stories any way all I'm trying to say is stay off this site all it has done for me is given me nightmares if you think you have scabies seek a doctor not the internet best of luck to all you!
Confused

Dayton, OH

#113 Apr 30, 2014
Itchy in TX wrote:
Permithrin didn't work for me and I have applied about 4 times. I am trying the orange oil, then clove oil all over including my scalp in the AM. This is the first time I am able to see so many dead mites on my skin so I am hopeful. Hope this is informative for somebody.
just curious but how are you seeing dead mites? I thought you could only see them under a microscope?
Mom in ohio

Columbus, OH

#114 Jun 23, 2014
You can't get scabies from animals it is different parasite. Animals scabies may bite you once they are on you but that's it. They die you are not the right food source for them. Check cdc.gov
Desperate girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, in the beginning I found a couple bites. We know it's scabies because our new puppy got diagnosed with sarcoptic mange(scabies). That's when all this nightmare started:/. But now I don't have bites & burrows. I just have the crawling everywhere(especially on my face)& the pinpricks.
Hey

Hollywood, FL

#115 Jun 23, 2014
Mom in ohio wrote:
You can't get scabies from animals it is different parasite. Animals scabies may bite you once they are on you but that's it. They die you are not the right food source for them. Check cdc.gov <quoted text>
Mites are zoonotic and these mites target people with weakened immunity.
http://www.cdc.gov/parasites/animals.html
They don't usually effect young people with good immunities.
They especially effect people who are elderly.
I have seen this throughout the years here on this forum.
Also, there is no waiting time of 4 to 6 weeks to feel symptoms of zoonotic mites.
Future

Kirkcaldy, UK

#116 Jun 25, 2014
Hi I have this too, does anyone have any other bothersome symptoms, white tongue for example, dry skin on hands ?
Mgh

Houston, TX

#117 Jul 31, 2014
Try mustard powder mixed in water
Or lotion. Suffered 11 months tried it all just like you. Found this to work great!
God speed! Praying for you!
Norma

Slough, UK

#119 Aug 2, 2014
This is the second time I have had this .. Bumps under my scalp. Creatures walking over me. No sleep.. Not hungry.. The first time we had a rescued dog.. Very itchy.. Took him to the vet who said most unlikely until I pointed out the dandruff was walking.. Got him treated twice.. At no point were we told humans can get it.. After that I was going mental. Dermologist was less than useless but did send me to have a daily seconds then minutes in a special light box. Similar to a tanning machine.. I also went swimming everyday . Stayed in the sauna far to long where I could feel them biting me as they left.. Eventually I conceded I was nutty and took antidepressants for a week.. By then I think I had done the hard work on my own.. This time I can't say much to anyone because they will think I have gone nuts again.. I am trying lots of different treatments . Including spreading the house with that earth stuff.. It's been three months now and I think I am making soe progress. Getting coconut oil and collodail silver for my next onslaught.. Keep the faith people.. We will win x. Good luck to you all
Drug resistant

Washington, DC

#120 Aug 27, 2014
I applied icthammol drawing salve on areas that showed no signs but itched,(they hurt like a sunburn) in a hour there were many red bumps drawn to the surface in the area. It was not a rash because a joining areas had no bumps.
I have started a regimen of icthammol mixed with frontline plus, see my post.
Katee

Homewood, IL

#121 Aug 29, 2014
I've had this too and have itching and biting with very few bumps. My skin looks clear. I believe your body stops being allergic to them over time and you don't get the red patches or rashes anymore. I happened to find this online on a mite website (not just scabies):

"Over time the body becomes acclimated to the mite bites and the reaction becomes less severe as the body produces antigens to counter them."

To me, if you have itching and crawling, they are still present.
Michele

Potomac, MD

#123 Aug 29, 2014
Mom in ohio wrote:
You can't get scabies from animals it is different parasite. Animals scabies may bite you once they are on you but that's it. They die you are not the right food source for them. Check cdc.gov <quoted text>
My puppies git fox mite n when it teansferred to me it was called scabies vet said
3 months and now cured

Washington, DC

#124 Aug 29, 2014
scratching my head wrote:
A mother of 1 of my friends kids was kind to inform me that her kids had scabies. Before that I had taken my 2 youngest to the dr & was told they were allergic...blah blah. After being informed about the scabies thing I immediately took my kids to the ER w/ the news of a possible scabies infection & one look @ my 2 youngest & dr confirmed that they had it. As a precaution me & my oldest son did treatment too.
After 1st treatment we were fine but then I started feeling like something was crawling on my eyes, scalp & nose. Started treatment again but didnt do permethrin again because it scares me so I did borax, bleach, all the oils...etc. I will say coal tar shampoo (from family dollar $3) worked for our scalps & clear eyes complete 7 symptoms ($5 & I would put this on a Q-tip & gently swab inside nose & ears also) along w/ plenty of vaseline slabbed on worked completely for the above the neck.
Was clear again for a while until I saw 1 of the little boys scratching yesterday. My kids still haven't scratched & say they're fine but now I'm feeling the crawling & itching again but no bumps, rashes or the other symptoms. Went & got more permethrin but still scared to use it (def will though on all of us) but just curious as to if anyone has had this w/o the rash, bumps, burrowing etc. Before I go putting this on us again.
I had two patches that itched with no bumps. I applied ichthammol ointment mixed with frontline plus for large dogs, and after about 30 minutes 50-60 small red dots appeared. Ichthammol drew the mites to the surface and the frontline was able to then kill them.
Cofer

Louisville, KY

#126 Nov 6, 2014
Virtual Scabies wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Casey,
What was the name of the ivermectin cream prescription that the doctor gave to you?
Because I have NEVER heard of a doctor giving a patient an ivermectin cream prescription for scabies, as there is NONE. There is one for HEAD LICE, but you need a stronger med for SCABIES....
So, please do tell us, the EXACT NAME OF THIS CREAM.
You are LYING.
really, did you even look up what Casey was talking about, before you said she was lying well I about to make you look dumb.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24171301
Look at this site and you will see that you wasted your time typing this, haha. Guess you knew less then you thought.
Rag

Christchurch, New Zealand

#127 Nov 11, 2014
Hi, not sure what you're experiencing but adults don't get scabies infections on the face, so if you've got this crawling,itching thing going on in your face it's not scabies.

Since: Oct 14

Philipsburg, Sint Maarten (Dutch part)

#128 Nov 14, 2014
Rag wrote:
Hi, not sure what you're experiencing but adults don't get scabies infections on the face, so if you've got this crawling,itching thing going on in your face it's not scabies.
Not true....you can get scabies anywhere....so long as there is epidermis, they are relentless
nick

Titusville, FL

#131 Nov 29, 2014
How long does it take for the symptoms of scabies to show up when you are exposed

United States

#132 Dec 13, 2014
RRRRRR wrote:
I would go ahead and use the perm. The first time I used perm and ivermectin, my skin cleared up, but I proceeded to have itching and crawling and it's been 5 years on-going so far. I never thought it may be scabies still, until someone else started to show symptoms after dating me
Your rash and bumps cleared up and you were still contagious ?!? Does the pin prick feeling mean they are still there ?

Carpentersville, IL

#133 Dec 14, 2014
Knotsirprized wrote:
<quoted text>
Your rash and bumps cleared up and you were still contagious ?!? Does the pin prick feeling mean they are still there ?
That person who posted that was from almost 3 years ago so I doubt they are still hanging around here. But I was also alarmed to read that comment, that's one of my fears, being asymptotic and spreading it . Or having gotten this from an symptomatic carrier who is just going to constantly reinfest you. when I was first diagnosed and I had like 3 itchy bunps and that's it, never would have thought scabies if my kid hadn't been broken out as bad as she was. So I think a lot of people walk around with this not even Aware that they have it and are spreading it unfortunately.:(
Jandeefiedler

Manchester, TN

#134 Dec 22, 2014
Depressed and anxious wrote:
<quoted text>
That person who posted that was from almost 3 years ago so I doubt they are still hanging around here. But I was also alarmed to read that comment, that's one of my fears, being asymptotic and spreading it . Or having gotten this from an symptomatic carrier who is just going to constantly reinfest you. when I was first diagnosed and I had like 3 itchy bunps and that's it, never would have thought scabies if my kid hadn't been broken out as bad as she was. So I think a lot of people walk around with this not even Aware that they have it and are spreading it unfortunately.:(
Hello , I got it back in dec of last yr had it for 6 months . I tried everything but nothin worked! My vet was treating my dogs for mange an told me about DE earth food grade ! I went an bought some for my dogs & I ! Well in 2 wks we all were healed from the mange& scabies ! I still take 1 tap every morning ! It cost about 8.90 at tractor supply! God bless u !! Ty for readin this!! Jan

Chicago, IL

#135 Dec 22, 2014
Jandeefiedler wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello , I got it back in dec of last yr had it for 6 months . I tried everything but nothin worked! My vet was treating my dogs for mange an told me about DE earth food grade ! I went an bought some for my dogs & I ! Well in 2 wks we all were healed from the mange& scabies ! I still take 1 tap every morning ! It cost about 8.90 at tractor supply! God bless u !! Ty for readin this!! Jan
You take it internally or externally? Thanks!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Scabies, mites & fleas 32 min jhannamarie 4
Is this scabies??? 20 hr clifard 3
100% CURED for years: here is the method 22 hr bugsbgone 3
Do you get new bumps after post-scabies? (Sep '11) Mon renae 302
black dots theory (Jun '07) Mon CindyS 62
I am cured using 100% undiluted tea tree oil. (Jan '08) Sun Monkey-wrench 98
scabies Sun Aas 3
More from around the web