Scabies but no rash, just itching & c...
eaten alive

Abbotsford, Canada

#90 Dec 20, 2012
asymptomatic wrote:
<quoted text>
Does anyone here have a theory on the possibility of either contraction or exposure to scabies causing an outbreak of demodex mites? I was exposed to scabies over 6 months ago, and have been finally diagnosed with demodicosis. I found a population explosion of demodex in my microscope and after 8 assotered doctors telling me eczema, hives, dry skin, foliculitus. For a good 3 weeks, I was happy as hell when, 2 months ago, a 3rd doctor told me I didn't get the scabies I was exposed to. But less than a month later the unmistakable facial and scalp crawling sensations and tingling and transient rash on my stomach forced me to buy a microscope. I found too many demodex by scraping the tickling areas with a knife tip saturated with canola oil. A few days after the opthamologist diagnosed me with blepharitis, I did the crazy lady thing, brought in alides and video and was diagnosed with demodicosis. She prescribed tee tree oil and diagnosed my stomach with eczema, which I find doubtful...
Anyway, anyone here think there may be a connection with scabies and demodex?
Hi
I was reading this because I have had some similar problems and came across your post about the demodex mites and this seems like what I have! Have you ever tried spraying your body down with a vinegar and water solution? It does burn the skin but seems to kill these little bastards! Last night was my first night of no creepy crawling feeling under my skin in a couple of weeks. It was so nice. I am going to try it for 7 days and see how it goes. Then I will try teetree oil. Please let me know if you have found any effective remedies.
umathr

New Market, MD

#91 Dec 20, 2012
eaten alive wrote:
<quoted text>Hi
I was reading this because I have had some similar problems and came across your post about the demodex mites and this seems like what I have! Have you ever tried spraying your body down with a vinegar and water solution? It does burn the skin but seems to kill these little bastards! Last night was my first night of no creepy crawling feeling under my skin in a couple of weeks. It was so nice. I am going to try it for 7 days and see how it goes. Then I will try teetree oil. Please let me know if you have found any effective remedies.
I think you should try sulfur soap apply it to the skin work it into the skin and let it dry try this before you go to bed. I think you will have good results.
mom of two

Matthews, NC

#92 Dec 22, 2012
my daughters friend spent the night with us about a year a ago and when the bumps and itching started, it was only on my daughter not me or my son, so the doctor told us it was anxiety causing her to itch. later we find out it's scabies. we tried the permethrin way to many time with easing symptoms off for a day or two then they were back. Was washing everything like i should and cleaning everything in site Nothing helped decided to keep looking online for something not to expensive but that would take care of the problem, found a site where a lady had sprayed her entire house with malathion (can be bought at garden centers and did her body with pure neem oil. so thought i would try this. Sprayed the house left for 24 hours let it air out sprayed can carpet cleaner on the fabric areas to ease the smell omg it stinks bad but it worked for my family.
TheProperSleeple ssP

UK

#93 Feb 14, 2013
Yeah,I've been getting this crawling sensation around my thighs, stomach/torso fro a couple of weeks and now on my face.... Here's my story.
I live in a 3 bed house with othe housemates, noticed a flea in my room I didn't like that, then a neighbour upstairs complained about bedbugs, then before I knew it, I had bedbugs, I threw away the mattress and bed frame, washed all of my bed linen and clothes at 90degrees, I cleaned my whole room and then got the room bombed (fumigation aimed at fleas and bedbugs)... Everything was fine for about four days, then I got a few more bites but couldn't. See what was biting me, when it was bedbugs I'd catch the little f***ers. Then I started to feel crawlings on me in the night, I'd turn on the light to catch the bedbugs..... Not there, I thought maybe it's fleas, very quick fleas, so I purchased Citronella bathed with it, mixed it with my shampoo and shower gels and body lotion and also, STEAM cleaned my whole room, after using all my citronella infused goods, I was not getting bitten but could still feel the crawling. I have no rashes, just bites... The strangest ones are on my wrists, they are quite firm, I scratched one today and it appears to have like a hole in the top like a volcano, iguess this is a burrow? and these have stayed itchy for two weeks. I dint think about it being mites or scabies as I thought it'd be too much of a coincidence to go from fleas to bed bugs to scabies. But now reading all the facts on these terrible things, I think I probably have it. Am I some kind of bug magnet? Sooo, anyhow, I feel them crawling on my face, arms, inner thighs and the whole lower private kind of area, am going to an emergency doctor after work today. Any tips, I'm going CRAZY! Well at least I thought I was going crazy until I read this forum. Thank you for clarifying my angst for me.
Virginia

Torrance, CA

#94 Apr 11, 2013
I had scabies forever. Turned away by dozens of Dermatologist, accused of being a nut. Finally got a prescription for sulfa drug. I took it for 60 days. Seem to be free of scabies, my skin is rather yellow, I can live with that. Also took oral ivermectin once a week. HOWVER now I have
the crawlers on my face at night. Unfortunately my hair is falling out, a lot. I make a past with hair product, add a bit of clove oil and tree oil and sleep with it on hair Seems to stop the crawling, hair still falling, Had big bunch of eye things, I used a Qtip with a homopathic oil. I watch them jump out.more later
Virginia

Torrance, CA

#95 Apr 11, 2013
I had scabies forever. Turned away by dozens of Dermatolist, accused of being a nut. Finally got a prescription for sulfa drug. I took it for 60 days. Seem to be free of scabies, my skin is rather yellow. I can live with that. Also took ivermectin once a week. However now I have the crawlers on my face at nigh, Unfortunately my
hair is falling out, a lot. I make a paste with a hair product, add a bit of clove oil and tree oil and sleep with it on hair. Seems to stop the crawling, hair still falling. Had big bunch of eye things. I used a Qtip with homeopathic oil. I watched them jump out --more later
JLA2

Tampa, FL

#96 Apr 19, 2013
I know it's been over a year since anyone has posted on here. If anyone is still experiencing these symptoms I advise you to use aloe to draw them out. Mix 20 ounces of aloe Vera lotion and 1/2 cup of sea salt. Apply as a lotion. The parasite will then rise to the surface for removal. Be aware they can be brown, white, red, black, yellow, or semi transparent. I also began taking an aloe vera vitamin, but haven't taken long enough to low it's affect. Also using aloe lip balm and drinking aloe water. This has been very helpful with the removal of the parasite, mite, or whatever it is, from the skin.
Vicar of Dibley

Bristol, UK

#97 Jul 10, 2013
'With Scabies infection, apparently you can feel the crawling sensation for up to 6 weeks after the last bug has died. Yuck.
I currently dont know what I have. I have had it on and off for a year. Neither my husband nor my children have it. I have the crawling/tingling/ prickling sensatio all over, and sometimes it becomes really itchy but that then fades.
I dont get itchier at night the crawling sensation is sometimes worse when its hot but it dont have any rashes perse. I do have tiny things that look like blood blisters here and there on my body, but nothing is concentrated on my face. I also can see lights? or bugs in my eyes when I look into the distance. Could this be Demodex mites? My GP says my bloods show clear for parasite infection and is sending me to a Dermotologist'.

did you ever get an answer because you are describing my sykptoms exactly.
Vicar of Dibley

Bristol, UK

#98 Jul 10, 2013
Virginia wrote:
I had scabies forever. Turned away by dozens of Dermatolist, accused of being a nut. Finally got a prescription for sulfa drug. I took it for 60 days. Seem to be free of scabies, my skin is rather yellow. I can live with that. Also took ivermectin once a week. However now I have the crawlers on my face at nigh, Unfortunately my
hair is falling out, a lot. I make a paste with a hair product, add a bit of clove oil and tree oil and sleep with it on hair. Seems to stop the crawling, hair still falling. Had big bunch of eye things. I used a Qtip with homeopathic oil. I watched them jump out --more later
Just try washing your hair every night with 'Head & Shoulders' shampoo - the citrus one. Add about ten drops of tea tree oil to it as you rub it in your hair. Leave it on for a good few minutes while you shower the rest of you. After you wash it off use a load of teas tree hair conditioner - leave that on for a few minutes before washing off. Get some tissue and put a few drops of tto on and wipe over your eyebrows with it (do not get any in your eyes).. Get some cotton wool or tissue - put a few drops of baby shampoo mixed with water on and wife over your eyelids and eyelashes. You will find within a week that the itching/crawling feeling on your head and face will stop - but still keep doing it anyway as the little things come back.. at least you will get some sllep and your ahir will stop falling out.
Overscabies

Lititz, PA

#99 Jul 11, 2013
I have been dealing with scabies since March. Never had a scraping . But went and saw dr who said I have scabies. I have use permethrin 4 times. Also used borax bath, tea tree bath and lotion, bleach bath and a product called kleen free naturally bath and spray with water on body. I have very little itching but feel very buggy and crawling. I also get little bumps every few days. They itch a little but not like when I first went to dr. They go away in a couple of days. Haven't had any new bumps in about 5 days. My husband and 3 boys were treated with the cream but never got rash or itching. Wondering if I am in post scabies??? If so, will the buggy and crawling go away and when? Should I just quit doing any kind of treatment to see if the rash returns? This has taken over my life. I am consumed with thinking about scabies. Haven't hugged by boys or husband in months. I sit on one chair in my house and use towels when in the car that I wash daily. Had been washing bedding daily too. Even lived in the basement for a month . Worried and not sure what to do. Any advice would be appreciated!!!
PLEASEHELp

United States

#100 Sep 11, 2013
college student, moved in a furnished apartment about start ago and started getting these strange little bites on my wrists and thighs. I didn't think anything of it at first but it's started to get terrible. I am on fire at night I can't even get to sleep I wake up covered in bites. I thought it was bed bugs so I bombed my entire apartment twice. Nothing got better. I have moved twice since then and I'm still having the symptoms that you guys are describing TWO doctors basically told me I was crazy saying I'm having an allergic reaction to my clothes.. insulting! Told me it was hives. Load of crap I'm so sick of this my boyfriend is now having these same symptoms.. I don't know what to do.
itchintex

United States

#101 Sep 30, 2013
I have scabies and was diagnosed by my Derm, I did the perm and iver, cleaned my enviro and I continue to treat myself with sulfur soap showers twice a day, when I wake up and before bed, I get less and less crawly every day iam also using a baby lotion that I put a few drops of clove oil and tee tree oil and I sleep with no crawy feeling at all! Before I was diagnosed with scabies I had a rash in my face I researched and found out it was dermatitis which the researchers said it is a mite, called demodex brevis that lives in our sebaceous glands and comes out at nite to feed on our sebaceous secretions, yuck! What I did was I purchased at walmart a sulfur ointment called Powerful ACNE Treatment 10% sulfur made by De La Cruz brand and I mixed this with castor oil ( castor oil kills demodex in 4 hours I read on another post) I mixed this two at equal parts and left overnite i washed it off in the morning and scrubbed gently but firmly with paper towels used once and discarded I did this and in 4 days my face was healed! Try this but if the sulfur is too strong reduce its amount to the mix! This saved my life! I work with the public and I looked horrible! Now I am working on reducing the population of underdeveloped scabies mites in my skin with this showers, and I forgot to mention that using a spray on my body after my shower of water with bleach at 3 to 1 concentration then my baby lotion with the oil it helps too! Good luck ..
drs wrote:
Would someone else try the Trader Joe's Tea Tree tingle hair conditioner on their Rosacea?
I can't remember how I figured this out but it is working at taking away my rosacea flare ups. I've tried it a few times and I'm amazed.
I put it on at night and in the morning its 80% better and continues to get better every day if I keep using it at night. I can't get anything else to work this well.
I have very painful flareups but usually only a few at a time. The ONLY thing that has worked for me in the past is antibiotics and they can't possibly be good after taking them for years. I would really like to know if this tea tree tingle hair conditioner would work for other people.
vss

Hollywood, FL

#102 Sep 30, 2013
itchintex wrote:
I have scabies and was diagnosed by my Derm, I did the perm and iver, cleaned my enviro and I continue to treat myself with sulfur soap showers twice a day, when I wake up and before bed, I get less and less crawly every day iam also using a baby lotion that I put a few drops of clove oil and tee tree oil and I sleep with no crawy feeling at all! Before I was diagnosed with scabies I had a rash in my face I researched and found out it was dermatitis which the researchers said it is a mite, called demodex brevis that lives in our sebaceous glands and comes out at nite to feed on our sebaceous secretions, yuck! What I did was I purchased at walmart a sulfur ointment called Powerful ACNE Treatment 10% sulfur made by De La Cruz brand and I mixed this with castor oil ( castor oil kills demodex in 4 hours I read on another post) I mixed this two at equal parts and left overnite i washed it off in the morning and scrubbed gently but firmly with paper towels used once and discarded I did this and in 4 days my face was healed! Try this but if the sulfur is too strong reduce its amount to the mix! This saved my life! I work with the public and I looked horrible! Now I am working on reducing the population of underdeveloped scabies mites in my skin with this showers, and I forgot to mention that using a spray on my body after my shower of water with bleach at 3 to 1 concentration then my baby lotion with the oil it helps too! Good luck ..
.. <quoted text>
If you did permethrin and ivermectin, then you should be cured. These are two of the most effective scabicides out there. Sulphur soap and tea tree oil DO NOT cured scabies. Pomada de azufre may help, but will not cure. You suffered from demodex? You are on the wrong forum, eh?
Helpmepleasehelp

Los Angeles, CA

#103 Oct 1, 2013
I have this too!!! Help! Has anyone found what it is and a cure ? Or a good doctor??

My scabies looks gone ???

But my eyes feel puffy and thick and crawling with mites or ??

I started getting bites on my face. Itchy pimple like ones that appear while I'm at dinner with friends and so on. At the base of my scalp too.

The top of my scalp felt hurt and strange and sometimes itchy

My nose has this weird film in it that seems to house mites maybe inside?

Thought maybe some were in my ear but not sure. Maybe it was just a normal pimple ?

I feel like it's a little harder to see. A tiny bit. Like something is hanging out on my eyelashes

I pull off these small white egg looking things. What is that? Just dust? Feels more like. Like maybe pearly.

My eyes feel thick and infested with something

I get a few bites still oh my body

Pin prick feelings and feelings of things crawling all over me

What is this? Did my scabies (which may have been cat or dog version?) move to my head or is this a new mite taking over?

Does anyone know anything???! Help me please :(
same here

San Diego, CA

#104 Nov 3, 2013
I have been around a lot of dogs at dog park and I work with dogs. one time all of the dogs had ear mites or seemed to be scratching a lot. They didn't have fleas but they all have either ear infections, Eczema, hair loss, ear mites, or demodex. My clients swear it can't be spread to humans. I beg to differ. I will never sit on the grsass at the dog park, scratch a dog when he is itchy, let a dog sleep next to me that has scratchy issues or sleep in a dogs bed again. Dogs can give humans their creepers. They have skin and hair like us. People just don't get it. Working around animals and having this happen I realize that. I would try a parasite cleanse from your health food store, drink a lot of water, use peppermint, tea trea oil & Lavendar oil. You can add it to your regular shampoos or body washes. I would just buy plain body wash or shampoo and add it in their with some neem oil. Wash your face with some tea treeoil too. For the dog try vinegar, tea trea oil. So many different things you can do you just have to keep up with it. You're not alone. You're not dirty either. I am super ocd & clean and got the heebie jeebies from dogs. Just go to doctor, get cream and try all the oils. I know the olive oil in hair works... hot cyanne pepper baths & bengay on my body. Sounds weird I know.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#105 Mar 13, 2014
Hello everyone ! I've gotten this around dec2013. We had a dog with the mange, so my husband says that's not what it is.So we go to see the Dr. She says that's what we have. We already did one treatment of the cream. I have bites still, NO Sleep, crawling in my head, face, eyes& hair. Alot of biting in my privates which when I look , nothing there. I had a break down the other day , because my husband says it in my mind .He only has the sores, an itching. I've tried the tea tree oil, medicated baby powder, Happy Jack from Dog Dip. My skin is like hamburger meat. I can't use any of the sulfur because I'm allergic to it. Please give me some good advice to get rid of this nightmare. Ty so much. May god bless us all from this crap..
Anonymenous

Ireland

#106 Mar 15, 2014
Yes I had itching and stinging all over with hardly any rash. I was the first to have symptoms and it turned out my husband and one child had it too. Don't be afraid of permethrin, it is the one thing you should use, anything else will just make your already irritated skin even worse. Your nerves in your skin are hypersensitive after scabies and this can cause the tingling and itching feelings, it does not mean you have living scabies, but you should treat twice to be certain. Treating more than twice will probably just make symptoms of post scabies worse. I assume you cleaned your house and car thoroughly according to recommendations for scabies, if not, I would repeat the treatment twice and do the cleaning as necessary.
Anonymenous

Ireland

#107 Mar 15, 2014
Babybluesintennesse, PLEASE, try to find a thread I just posted, you are going through some of what my husband and I experienced. You are absolutely not imagining it, the treatment does work if done correctly but you may have horrible symptoms for some time after successful treatment. Don't overload your skin with other products, they will make it worse and you will think you'll always have scabies when you don't.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#108 Mar 16, 2014
Thank~ you for being the only person on here to get back to me. I can start to understand and feel like I'm not alone anymore. I can't say anything to anyone with out them thinking my loosen. So u just keep it to myself. They don't understand because they never had this before. I've been cleaning my car seats, an my house. I don't give hugs & kisses like I use to anymore. I really don't know we're u got it from. I'm just scared of not getting any better. I've read on here that some ppl have had this for ~ ever. I've been battle in this since dec~2013. I can't image haven this any long. Ill keep cleaning , washing all of my clothes in Hot water an doing the treatment. How long did you and your husband have it , if u don't mind me asking . I have one more question . How do you cope with the crawling sensation if there's nothing there without going insane!!!!! Thank~ you again.
Itchy in TX

Richmond, TX

#110 Apr 28, 2014
Tonight I tried 1/2 part orange oil, applied everywhere except scalp, then 1/2 part clove oil. Those little effers came out, about 30-40, I was shocked because I took Ivermectin on Thursday, 4 nights ago. I will ask the doc for another follow up dose. You're supposed to take it 7 days later. I'm a nurse, who caught this from a patient, I was living in another city, not my hometown and the dermatologist there treated me like I was crazy. Even though our mutual patient had a positive biopsy for scabies and visibly had crusted scabies. Nursing school never taught me about these little shits. Hope this info help...orange oil very concentrated, then clove oil very concentrated...will burn but will also kill them. I finally went to my hometown dermatologist, and was treated like an actual sane human being. I've had this since June 2013 but have only had 1-2 appear bumps daily. I thought I was winning this battle until the weather got warmer and they started multiplying with a vengeance.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Look at this picture of skin with mites and mig... (Apr '08) 3 hr Debz 146
Lime sulfur 8 hr Barbraela 32
Used the permetherin(?) On to sulfur. Now what? 10 hr section 7
Deet for scabies? (Jun '13) 13 hr philpill 5
the cure is so simple, I can't believe it...... (Jan '11) 14 hr movingwomonsters 1,406
Bird Mites (Jul '07) 17 hr Menthol crystals 70
Should permethrin be applied to the vulva? (Jun '12) 17 hr KmG 41 2
More from around the web