Scabies today questions.. help

Posted in the Scabies Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Apr 08

Dundalk, Ireland

#1 Apr 12, 2008
Woke up this morning itching and with the tell tale red spots... in my heart I know this is scabies as I have had scabies twice before, once around ten years ago which was a particularly resistant strain and took me and docs seven months to treat, and again 4 years ago which was relatively easy to treat. i am absoloutley gutted, i have an 8month baby and a 8 yr old boy and am four months pregnant. I havent stopped crying all day... my patner is trying to look on the bright side as the rash seems most prevailent on my neck and face which i havenever had before with scabies... wanted to ask a few questions..........

i thought scabies did not usually go onto the face and neck and behind ears etc.
Is it true that scabies can be symtomless for weekes but if you have had them before the rash is likely to appear faster...
Why do I get it and both times before no one else got it who i lived with (please god this be the case this time as it would break my heart to see my children suffer.)

Basically I feel today like crawling under a stone and staying there, i realy dont know do i have the strength to mentally fight this battle.... that may sound extreme but I remember the deep abyss of depression these little feckers put me in before and i dont know can I face that... I remember the state of my skin by the time it was all over, i looked like i had been burnt in a fire... How will i cope with the guilt of infecting my kids and partner,.,,,,
Thanks for reading... truly a nightmare for me, i live in ireland so the brand names of the products differ, i will be seeing doc monday morning and i am dreading it.....
Scabies3

United States

#2 Apr 12, 2008
tasha100 wrote:
Woke up this morning itching and with the tell tale red spots... in my heart I know this is scabies as I have had scabies twice before, once around ten years ago which was a particularly resistant strain and took me and docs seven months to treat, and again 4 years ago which was relatively easy to treat. i am absoloutley gutted, i have an 8month baby and a 8 yr old boy and am four months pregnant. I havent stopped crying all day... my patner is trying to look on the bright side as the rash seems most prevailent on my neck and face which i havenever had before with scabies... wanted to ask a few questions..........
i thought scabies did not usually go onto the face and neck and behind ears etc.
Is it true that scabies can be symtomless for weekes but if you have had them before the rash is likely to appear faster...
Why do I get it and both times before no one else got it who i lived with (please god this be the case this time as it would break my heart to see my children suffer.)
Basically I feel today like crawling under a stone and staying there, i realy dont know do i have the strength to mentally fight this battle.... that may sound extreme but I remember the deep abyss of depression these little feckers put me in before and i dont know can I face that... I remember the state of my skin by the time it was all over, i looked like i had been burnt in a fire... How will i cope with the guilt of infecting my kids and partner,.,,,,
Thanks for reading... truly a nightmare for me, i live in ireland so the brand names of the products differ, i will be seeing doc monday morning and i am dreading it.....
yeah, the scabies seem to be more resistant now. get yourself some ivermectin and permethrin cream fast. And get some refills on both of those, if you can. You will get through this. You did it twice before. Your children are young and have good immune systems. Just be on the lookout for them. Please read some of the threads on here, for cleaning. Try to get your husband to help you with the cleaning and laundry.
Mangy Dog

Cocoa, FL

#3 Apr 12, 2008
tasha100 wrote:
Hi Tasha
Don't panic.. Scabies usually don't go first for face and scalp. Scabies are quite capable of infecting the face and scalp, but usually "prefer" other areas. Yes, it can take 4-6 weeks for the body to start reacting to the pregnant mite's excretions. But, someone who has been exposed in the past may react immediately. i.e. the system already recognizes it

Do you have the telltale little black dots on the bumps? Is the Doc a dermatologist? Maybe one of the Docs that cured you last time around?

Being that you are 4 months pregnant I'd urge caution. Even if you are diagnosed with scabies, please consult a trusted doctor or 2 before using the more poisonous treatments. Not sure if permethrin or ivermectin are safe or not for the fetus. You may have to stick with the less caustic cures. Not to worry though, not using permethrin is probably no loss. Lots of scabies are resistant to it.

I know you are worried about your family. I'm sure they love you very much too. Because you are pregnant, please get expert advice and be sure not to take any poisons that could harm the fetus. The mites are a serious pisser, but they can be killed. You've done it twice and I've done it once. You can do it again.

Since: Apr 08

Dundalk, Ireland

#4 Apr 13, 2008
Thankyou for the replies. I have already started to work out how to quarantine the rest of the house and am not so panicy today.. the spots are red raised but i have what looks like a burrow spot on my arm which had been there for five or six days and i remember thinking back that it wasnt healing like a normal spot.. I have some hope as throughout the night not so itchy as i should have been and the spots all over my face neck and ears really dont look like scabies yet the spots on my arms and torso scream of the little shits.. was going to lock myself in the house but partner dragging me out to watch soccer eurgh. better i go out i think as before when i got them i didnt go out for a month and probably that was where the depression stemmed from. I am trying to locate borax for the carpets etc. Luckily only the livingroom and my bedroom is carpeted in the whole house.. if i am diagnosed and treated I will stay in our bedroom for ten days then move into the quarantined spare room for ten days.. partner is being supportive but im not sure how hell be if he gets it al over his whatsit as men do, he has never had anything like this before and thinks he is immune....
I also think I will have to use strong treatment even though i am pregnant, tea trea and neem never cut it for me and i have to think of my sons education and my litlle girl. Sorry for ranting on.. I have never heard of an oral treatment for scabies, before i used every cream imaginable until a very clever doctor worked out it was a particularly virilent strain from another continent, got on to collegues and found a cream that although left my skin hideously burnt got rid of the mite.. i cant remember what it was but if my now doctor is not so concerened i will travel the 100km to see him.. thanks for reading tasha x
candi

La Grange, IL

#5 Dec 8, 2008
i know waht u are goin through tasha. i cant even have no physical coontact with my son.i can not show him know kind of affection and i feel so guilty. he has to miss days out of school cause i cant bath him.it destroy me in my boyfriend relationship because he has a lot of responsibility.my sis has got infected from me.i am on panic attack medication because i am freakin out. people dont understand the state of mind u can be in from this.i am tryin to cope with it but i am tired.
Mike

Wigan, UK

#6 Dec 18, 2008
I caught scabies a few yrs ago from an ex an tbh it went with 1 use of permethrin, ive recently caught it again an ive had it for nearly a year! ive tried EVERYTHING, if i have it in 5 months im going to end my life. I cant live like this.
battle

Burnaby, Canada

#7 Dec 18, 2008
i feel the pain.
Tick

Fredericton, Canada

#8 Dec 18, 2008
i also feel the pain,.
scared

United States

#9 Dec 18, 2008
Mike wrote:
I caught scabies a few yrs ago from an ex an tbh it went with 1 use of permethrin, ive recently caught it again an ive had it for nearly a year! ive tried EVERYTHING, if i have it in 5 months im going to end my life. I cant live like this.
Mike....what have you tried? I know this is a terrible thing and I am still battling it but there are good days and well as the bad days... The bugs have to die eventually...Do you think your being reinfected from someone else?
Scabies3

United States

#10 Dec 19, 2008
Mike wrote:
Mike..... end your life??? because of buggy bugs? No.... You do not have cancer do you? My mom was paralyzed from her breasts down. She could not walk, shop, cook, clean, get up to go to the bathroom, go outside to smell some flowers, go swimming. Now, in that case, you may end your life. But, you have bugs. They are just that. You can ride to the beach and go swimming. You can play basketball. You can play ping pong, build up a sweat. plant flowers. still have friends, still kiss someone. Everything will work out for you. believe me. end your life? NO.....
Wild with worry

Dallas, TX

#11 Dec 27, 2008
After going to the doc and being told that I don't have these buggers, I'm still sure that I do. I do not have them in the webbing of my fingers and there are no tell-tale tracks from bump to bump. The doctor would not prescribe the Ivermectin because she did not think it could be scabies. My bumps look and feel like chigger bites. Mine are in the scalp and face, including the eyes and ears. My scalp is screaming. No nits and no lice. I figured out that they were around my eyes when I kept feeling that fuzz feeling on my lashes. No fuzz on eye and it felt as if something was walking from lash to lash. Now eyes are red around the edges. Since I did not pick them up by intimate contact, I have been lucky not to have them in the more intimate areas. You all talk about cures; but, I see the same people posting for years. Where are you getting these from over and over again? I am almost sure that mine came from a hug with an old friend who is a daycare worker. I am so worried that my family will get them that I am keeping everyone at a distance.

My family does not seem to be affected. How can this be? Do I need to treat them when they don't seem to have anything? How do I deal with going to work knowing that I may give them to someone else? I have two teen daughters. If they get this, I would just be beside myself. I'm not sure how to treat my eyes.

Tomorrow, I plan to pull all of linen out of my bedroom, vacuum the mattress, spray it with spray and replace linen with that which has been washed and dried in hot water. All out bedding will be bagged for a week. I'll douse myself with the pyrethrin 5% and sleep in my tub. I may suggest that my husband sleep somewhere other than the bed for a week. We don't have carpet other than in bedrooms. I will bag bedding in other rooms and will wash all that can be washed in hot water.

I've told my kids that I want them to tell me right away if hey are itchy and my husband will do the same. Please tell me that I can get rid of these things without infecting my family.
Wild With Worry 2

United States

#12 Jan 7, 2009
Wild with worry wrote:
After going to the doc and being told that I don't have these buggers, I'm still sure that I do. I do not have them in the webbing of my fingers and there are no tell-tale tracks from bump to bump. The doctor would not prescribe the Ivermectin because she did not think it could be scabies. My bumps look and feel like chigger bites. Mine are in the scalp and face, including the eyes and ears. My scalp is screaming. No nits and no lice. I figured out that they were around my eyes when I kept feeling that fuzz feeling on my lashes. No fuzz on eye and it felt as if something was walking from lash to lash. Now eyes are red around the edges. Since I did not pick them up by intimate contact, I have been lucky not to have them in the more intimate areas. You all talk about cures; but, I see the same people posting for years. Where are you getting these from over and over again? I am almost sure that mine came from a hug with an old friend who is a daycare worker. I am so worried that my family will get them that I am keeping everyone at a distance.
My family does not seem to be affected. How can this be? Do I need to treat them when they don't seem to have anything? How do I deal with going to work knowing that I may give them to someone else? I have two teen daughters. If they get this, I would just be beside myself. I'm not sure how to treat my eyes.
Tomorrow, I plan to pull all of linen out of my bedroom, vacuum the mattress, spray it with spray and replace linen with that which has been washed and dried in hot water. All out bedding will be bagged for a week. I'll douse myself with the pyrethrin 5% and sleep in my tub. I may suggest that my husband sleep somewhere other than the bed for a week. We don't have carpet other than in bedrooms. I will bag bedding in other rooms and will wash all that can be washed in hot water.
I've told my kids that I want them to tell me right away if hey are itchy and my husband will do the same. Please tell me that I can get rid of these things without infecting my family.
I know what you are going thru, I have the same situation you have just wrote about, but I have been putting up with what I know is scabies for 2 years, have done the Permethin twice, have been to several different doctors, even a dermotologist, have a finance that swears he doesn't have anything but he has breaks out of the bumps & rashes on his butt, legs, face, and has had a very itchy scalp for along time. I am about ready to have a nervous break down, it has effected me mentalley, I am now living with my mother & it petrifys me that I am going to infect her house. Everybody who doesn't understand this ugly bug says oh you don't have scabies the doctor has told you that. My eyes have become infected,my face,nose,ears & scalp they say shouldn't be infected are itching like nobody's business, I don't know where to turn or what to do.

Do you have any suggestions!!!
Kyla Tee

Oak Harbor, WA

#13 Jan 7, 2009
Wild With Worry 2 wrote:
<quoted text>I know what you are going thru, I have the same situation you have just wrote about, but I have been putting up with what I know is scabies for 2 years, have done the Permethin twice, have been to several different doctors, even a dermotologist, have a finance that swears he doesn't have anything but he has breaks out of the bumps & rashes on his butt, legs, face, and has had a very itchy scalp for along time. I am about ready to have a nervous break down, it has effected me mentalley, I am now living with my mother & it petrifys me that I am going to infect her house. Everybody who doesn't understand this ugly bug says oh you don't have scabies the doctor has told you that. My eyes have become infected,my face,nose,ears & scalp they say shouldn't be infected are itching like nobody's business, I don't know where to turn or what to do.
Do you have any suggestions!!!
If you've had scabies diagnosed 2 years ago and you've only treated with permethrin twice....girl....you need to get busy....get some more, use some sulfur as described in this forum and get some ivermectin from a doctor , or from magicpharma and do some crazy cleaning of your environment and treat your pets too, and
yes.....your boyfriend , fiancee....squeeze...whatever. ..get busy! Treat him ...at least encourage him to get checked out...if he won't...there is always...
e harmony ( joke) Good luck....and read this forum .....doctors have misdiagnosed many sufferers on this forum. Hope you find a cure and peace of mind soon......KT
GypsyWoman

Canada

#15 Jan 9, 2009
Hello All,
My boyfriend and I contracted scabies, from an infected friend of his that was diagnosed with Norwegian Scabies. I don't have any scabs but have a few pimple symptoms and rash on my back. I do have a lot of itching. I am on my 2nd treatment of lotion. I did the first one on New Year's Eve (it sucked, I missed New Year's Eve Festival and spent it home all alone). My bf and I are each staying at our own houses, hardly seeing each other. I am scared to go back to his house, because I believe his house is more infected than mine, because that was where his freind was visiting all the time, before we caught it.
Then when my son and his gf were here at Xmas time, my son was saying that he had a really bad itch while sleeping. I told him he needed to see a doctor and get treated before it gets any worse. So he and his gf got treated also, and stayed in a hotel for 3 nights because there place was so small that was the only way they could let it sit without a host.
I feel for you all that posted on here and have scabies. I can relate to your feelings that you express here about it. The feelings of panic, anxiety, depression. How it will effect your relationship. My bf and I hardly see each other anymore. I am worried I might spread it at work, although I don't believe I'm too contagious, because my doctor is not even sure if I have it. I sort of believe I have it because of the itching. I have been freezing everything outside. The hardest part is doing something with the carpets, and I've been sleeping on the leather couch for a week and a half now. I've vacated the bedroom to let it sit, so they will die. I am alarmed at my bf's situation, cause his whole house is covered with carpet and fabric everywhere. I feel he is not taking appropriate enough of measures. So needless to say, I am feeling like I don't want to go back there, because I am afraid of being reinfected again. I don't know how to deal with that situation. Maybe this will be the end of us? I don't know. It has given me a lot of ideas (and hope!) hearing your posts, and what you are doing for it.
Kimberly

Canada

#16 Jan 15, 2009
Mike wrote:
Mike. I had this evil when I was ten and I didn't understand why my mom when off the deep end for a bit. I recently was reinfected at the hospital I work at. I did the permethrin and thought I was done. Then they were back with a vengence. I did the lindane thing and scared the buggers into my scalp, face and neck. I will kill them. I will and so will you. If you are single try leaving your home for 7 days and buying some new cloths and alot of creams and perhaps sulpher for a nice hotel stay. Expensive but it might work. I'm off to the docs tomorrow.
Kimberly

Canada

#17 Jan 15, 2009
You've got the right idea, active extermination. I have had scabies when I was ten so I knew what it was right away when my hand got itchy near christmas this year. I am not impressed to have these things on my face. It happened after I dosed my body from the neck down in lindane. I will let you know if I find a solution.
Bruce

AOL

#18 Jan 15, 2009
Kimberly wrote:
You've got the right idea, active extermination. I have had scabies when I was ten so I knew what it was right away when my hand got itchy near christmas this year. I am not impressed to have these things on my face. It happened after I dosed my body from the neck down in lindane. I will let you know if I find a solution.
Kimberly,

You need to take the oral medication, Ivermectin. See the Ivermectin (Stromectol) thread.
Bruce

AOL

#19 Jan 16, 2009
Kimberly wrote:
Kimberly,

Also see the post by CURED on Page 21 of the thread entitled "I am cured", and note what he says about Ivermectin and borax baths. Then go to the thread entitled "borax bath", and be sure to read the post by Welty (Post #13) and see her tips about bathing and soaking the hair first, etc.
jeff

Thunder Bay, Canada

#20 Jan 16, 2009
When I had scabies it was the most horrible thing , I felt uncomfortable around everyone and thought it would never end,there is a quick way to end your breakout safely. Permethrin does not work folks if you have had scabies for a couple weeks and it is dangerous.

"STOP Scabies Pain And Itching From Home, In 24 Hours Or Less With No Doctors, No Wasted Money, And No Drugs..."

http://dwarfurl.com/15b76
Mike

Great Yarmouth, UK

#21 Jan 26, 2009
ok, rambo has nothing on my scabies, they're like the marines of the bug world and refuse to vacate, im on benzyl b, which burns!! an ivermectin, its getting better, but slow process!! an b warned, freezing and washing does not work with resistant scabies! its a matter of buy new clothes dudes, im not even joking!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
is stromectol legal in the U.S 10 min itsanepidemicnotj... 4
ivermectin dosage chart and info (Oct '11) 2 hr overscabieshopefully 648
will sulfur soap get rid of scabies (Jun '10) 3 hr In_UK2 192
Pin Prick & Crawling Sensations? Post Scabies T... (Apr '12) 3 hr In_UK2 197
Magicpharma reliable for Ivermectin?/Any other ... (May '11) 3 hr In_UK2 18
Post-Scabies Treatment Eczema (Jan '07) 10 hr Depressed and anx... 342
New cure for resistant scabies/lice (Apr '11) 18 hr Canuckette 28
How did I get rid of scabies in three seconds (Oct '11) Tue rene 458
how do i get rid of scabies once and for all? i... (Feb '07) Dec 9 betseyB 4,182