how do i get rid of scabies without a...

how do i get rid of scabies without a doctor giving me lotion

Posted in the Scabies Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
richie

United States

#1 Jan 29, 2013
I just found out i have scabies two days ago and we cant afford and prescription stuff from the doctor! i need help

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#2 Jan 29, 2013
I would beg, barrow and steal the money to get it. It's not going to get cleared with out the med. many people have used sulfur and found it effective. It takes longer to clear. Many have used iver the animal kind and have gotten cleared look up the forum for iver
misery_in_au

Bankstown, Australia

#4 Jan 29, 2013
Heres how to save you the money. Happy Jacks Products make a kennel clean with 10% permethrin in the USA. You need to dilute it half and half with a carrier oil, to make it 5% permethrin, exactly the same dosage as the prescription 5% cream.
You can buy it at a feed store very cheap, much cheaper than urgent care in the States.
For the oral Stromectol substitute, buy buy ivermectin horse worming paste. Its exactly the same dose per pound for horses as it is for humans. Both products about $10 each from feed stores in the USA.

Location hidden

#5 Feb 1, 2013
misery_in_au wrote:
Heres how to save you the money. Happy Jacks Products make a kennel clean with 10% permethrin in the USA. You need to dilute it half and half with a carrier oil, to make it 5% permethrin, exactly the same dosage as the prescription 5% cream.
You can buy it at a feed store very cheap, much cheaper than urgent care in the States.
For the oral Stromectol substitute, buy buy ivermectin horse worming paste. Its exactly the same dose per pound for horses as it is for humans. Both products about $10 each from feed stores in the USA.
The Durvet Pour On for Cattle is CHEAP -$16 on Amazon... use that topically.
The horse paste is cheap for an oral med...$10

More expensive is Injectable Ivermectin (take orally - 1 ml per 110 lbs) and Eprinex (topical - mix 45% with Citrasolv 25% an isopropyl alcohol 35%). Those are $50 each.
Magan

Stockbridge, MI

#6 Feb 26, 2013
I can not afford to go to the doctor an I really need help I have had scabies for weeks now !! An I can't get rid of them what med can I use that I dont need a doc to prescribe to me that will work !? Please help !! ;,( im in so much pain an I can't stop scratching !!

Location hidden

#7 Feb 26, 2013
Magan wrote:
I can not afford to go to the doctor an I really need help I have had scabies for weeks now !! An I can't get rid of them what med can I use that I dont need a doc to prescribe to me that will work !? Please help !! ;,( im in so much pain an I can't stop scratching !!
Megan ck out I'm cured thread. A lot of people try iver paste or iver liquid. It's about $9.00 for the paste. There is also iver pour on. Also ck the iver dosage for more info. Good luck
NO MORE ITCH-POST SCABIES

De Pere, WI

#8 Apr 11, 2013
READ MY POST

De Pere, WI

#9 Apr 11, 2013
READ MY POSTS FRM THE 3RD OR FOURTH OF MARCH TEA TREE OIL

De Pere, WI

#10 Apr 11, 2013
richie wrote:
I just found out i have scabies two days ago and we cant afford and prescription stuff from the doctor! i need help
TEA TREE OIL, IT'S $10 PER OUNCE, ONE ONCE YOU CAN TREAT MULTIPAL TIMES, ALSO THE WALGREEENS lice shampoo can be effective but you need to leave it on over night- 18.00
trish

Madison, WI

#11 Aug 20, 2013
NO MORE ITCH-POST SCABIES wrote:
<quoted text>
TEA TREE OIL, IT'S $10 PER OUNCE, ONE ONCE YOU CAN TREAT MULTIPAL TIMES, ALSO THE WALGREEENS lice shampoo can be effective but you need to leave it on over night- 18.00
hey how many times u put it on n rince off after you leave it on over night? 3 nights? twice a day?
Brittany

Irvine, KY

#12 Nov 6, 2013
I really think that I do have scabies so help me and plus my parents don't know and if they figure out the will kill me (not litterally)
Helpme

Columbia, MD

#13 Nov 6, 2013
Brittany wrote:
I really think that I do have scabies so help me and plus my parents don't know and if they figure out the will kill me (not litterally)
its not really your fault. Just tell them you don't know how you caught it and that its very contagious.
Anonymous

Jacksonville, NC

#14 Dec 16, 2013
ATTENTION PLEASE READ: I literally am free of scabies FINALLYYYY!! After 3 nights of scratching to the point where I just wanted to tear my skin off, I went to the ER (after seeing tiny little bumps on my hands) and doctor diagnosed me with scabies. I was shocked because my husband and I are very clean people. I felt disgusting! This happened November 14th. Ever since that night, I have done as instructed. I applied the permethrin, slept on clean bedding and washed EVERYTHING in hot water. Literally, everything. Every day. It was so exhausting, I was starting to become depressed. It had been 2 weeks after using the permethrin, and the bumps/itching just weren't subsiding. They were actually becoming worse! I was pissed to say the least. So I took matters into my own hands. After MANY HOURS every night of research, I had ordered so many meds online. Mitactin, scabies scrub, and many more. But no results. Keep in mind I was still washing clothes and bedding every single day. Okay so after December had rolled around, I had tried everything. Still no results. BUT THEN (silver lining) I came across an article that discussed how ancient Egyptians had rid themselves of scabies thousands of years ago. The miracle? SULFER. YES, SULFUR. And peroxide. But I'll get to that in a sec. So I ordered sulfur soap. It was just one little bar of soap that smelled HORRIBLE. But I gave it a try. I ran some bath water and took a bath with the soap. I scrubbed EVERYWHERE. I let the soap sink in for about 10 mins and even stood up to let my legs dry with the soap on them. Then rinsed. My hands were the only spot on my body that were HORRIBLE with bumps, so i did some extra treatment with them. I scrubbed them to the point where the scabs were open (people say not to open the bumps, but I disagree. The medicine has to get in there somehow. If you're desperate like I was, you'll do it) lol so while the bumps were open from scrubbing them to death, I took hydrogen peroxide ($3 dollars per bottle, very cheap) and I applied it to the open area. Ofcourse it burned and fizzed. That means it's working. After the peroxide, I then rinsed my hands and then applied the sulfer soap. Left it on a few minutes, then rinsed. So finally when I went to bed about an hour later, IT WAS A MIRACLE. I literally cried I was so happy.(My husband didn't have it, so naturally he thought I was crazy) I had no itching whatsoever! At ALL. The peroxide and sulfur soap ACTUALLY WORKED. Please, if you want to get rid of scabies, do this. I am posting this because I know what it's like to have it :/ it's December 16th now, and I've been clear for a week! Ever since that bath, I've had TOTAL RELIEF. I'm so happy I purchased the soap. You can get it online and at the store. It's not even expensive, I paid 5.95 for it. Oh, and if you do this, the bumps won't go away until a couple days later, but that's natural. The bumps are your body's allergic reaction to the scabies. I'm telling everyone, I've tried EVERYTHING and was OBSESSED. Take it from me, you definitely want to try the sulfur soap and peroxide. BEST OF LUCK!!!
JenniferRusty Posey

Lawrenceville, GA

#15 Jan 31, 2014
Me and my husband have a rash with crawling itchy biteing open cuts how do we quit it from doing this with no money or transportation
Midwestsufrer

Florissant, MO

#16 Jan 31, 2014
JenniferRusty Posey wrote:
Me and my husband have a rash with crawling itchy biteing open cuts how do we quit it from doing this with no money or transportation
Some say diluted bleach water, four parts water one part bleach, Can you afford that? Its important to clean them out of your home.
bran0406

Hazard, KY

#17 Jan 31, 2014
prescription cream did not work for any of us! we get the paper cut scratches as soon as we come into contact w scabies, but we had them literally 8 months w no symptoms. we had no symptoms until we killed them off of us using dawn dish liquid initially, and bleach works too. our baby was only one that showed symptoms, and his was only few tiny red dots and couple patches dr said was eczema that come and went, poor little guy! turns out they were egg patches! after killing them we have become super allergic, and no very quickly when around them!i have posted in details what we did, and it was all w stuff u can get at Walmart.. antihistamines help w symptoms drastically we found, though doesn't cure..
bran0406

Hazard, KY

#18 Jan 31, 2014
sosadsodesperateinil wrote:
Waiting on my tax refund and college aid money to do anything....this has pretty much broke us...using all the money on doctor visits and meds. So....pretty much feel hopeless at this point but am trying. I have only used the washer and dryer...no steam cleaning or ironing as we don't have those but will definatly get those once I have the money. I'm thinking of going to a hotel or hotel hopping but so scared of staying infested or giving this to someone else....never been so scared in all of my life! I know there are worse things and I have been through a lot in my 29 years....but this....just knowing something so small that can such a big problem....its like fighting a brick wall....its winning.....I just want it gone! As I realize most people do. How long have you been suffering with this? Thank you again for all you have suggested...its kind of "nice" knowing that there are other people out there with the same problem....feeling very alone with this.
on our floors i used hot water in sink with about 1/4 cup borax and some bleach, about 1/4 cup.. i mopped pretty frequently. on beds, u can sprinkle arm hammer powder det equally mixed and leave, between box springs and mattress, and get mattress protector, every morning after i washed bedding good i stuck in freezer until we were going to bed (outside when really cold), wore disposable gloves to prevent cross contamination.. when doing laundry fkrst few day i would wear gloves, and straight from dryer put in clean garbage bags and sprayed bags with Lysol good. for spray around house i used vinegar mix above, i sprayed it good in all our vents, in and around central air unit inside, furniture, beds, curtains, everything! lol, my house smelled like a pickle for about a week, but it worked! got any pets? our dog was given good bath in lots of dawn and salt, Epsom and table mix, and sprayed with vinegar/water mix (no borax) before and after going out.. we also stopped letting him just run after he brought bunch back in from i guess playing w dogs and neighbors petting.. the permethrin from dr didn't work for any of us here.. this has really been craziest thing i have ever seen! we took bath with about 2 cups Epsom salt and half cup table salt and lots of dawn, head to toe, and we literally seen all these come out, so gross! eggs too! they come to a head like a zit, but was smushy.. those 3 patches the drs said was eczema on baby was eggs! we got some under microscope at health dept here to id these by coating body in olive oil thick, it pulled them to the surface of our skin, some were big enough to see they were black and red! spray ur car, work area, and everyone in house do baths in whatever u find that works for u.. i also did spray bottle with about 1 part bleach to 10 parts water and sprayed body after rinsing good. putting lotion on right after doing that burned for me, but waiting a little bit i was fine. good aloe vera lotion. we sprayed every inch of our house w vinegar mix.. be sure to bag and spray all shoes.. we would of gotten rid of these sooner if i had made connection of how easy they come back into the house! it took us 3 wks to get them out, then realized how much they have spread around us, and our battle is keeping them out at the moment.. i know i have repeated myself, but i do want others to find relief from these! everything we used come from Walmart, and we literally limited our outside exposure drastically.. we are going to all start eating couple handfuls of black walnuts everyday and see if that really helps keep them off of us.. will continue posting updates.. watch out for spammers, and be careful using toxins on ur self and around u, long term effects may be worse.. update me on how a 24 hr antihistamine works for u as well please..
dani

United States

#19 Feb 11, 2014
bran0406 wrote:
<quoted text>
on our floors i used hot water in sink with about 1/4 cup borax and some bleach, about 1/4 cup.. i mopped pretty frequently. on beds, u can sprinkle arm hammer powder det equally mixed and leave, between box springs and mattress, and get mattress protector, every morning after i washed bedding good i stuck in freezer until we were going to bed (outside when really cold), wore disposable gloves to prevent cross contamination.. when doing laundry fkrst few day i would wear gloves, and straight from dryer put in clean garbage bags and sprayed bags with Lysol good. for spray around house i used vinegar mix above, i sprayed it good in all our vents, in and around central air unit inside, furniture, beds, curtains, everything! lol, my house smelled like a pickle for about a week, but it worked! got any pets? our dog was given good bath in lots of dawn and salt, Epsom and table mix, and sprayed with vinegar/water mix (no borax) before and after going out.. we also stopped letting him just run after he brought bunch back in from i guess playing w dogs and neighbors petting.. the permethrin from dr didn't work for any of us here.. this has really been craziest thing i have ever seen! we took bath with about 2 cups Epsom salt and half cup table salt and lots of dawn, head to toe, and we literally seen all these come out, so gross! eggs too! they come to a head like a zit, but was smushy.. those 3 patches the drs said was eczema on baby was eggs! we got some under microscope at health dept here to id these by coating body in olive oil thick, it pulled them to the surface of our skin, some were big enough to see they were black and red! spray ur car, work area, and everyone in house do baths in whatever u find that works for u.. i also did spray bottle with about 1 part bleach to 10 parts water and sprayed body after rinsing good. putting lotion on right after doing that burned for me, but waiting a little bit i was fine. good aloe vera lotion. we sprayed every inch of our house w vinegar mix.. be sure to bag and spray all shoes.. we would of gotten rid of these sooner if i had made connection of how easy they come back into the house! it took us 3 wks to get them out, then realized how much they have spread around us, and our battle is keeping them out at the moment.. i know i have repeated myself, but i do want others to find relief from these! everything we used come from Walmart, and we literally limited our outside exposure drastically.. we are going to all start eating couple handfuls of black walnuts everyday and see if that really helps keep them off of us.. will continue posting updates.. watch out for spammers, and be careful using toxins on ur self and around u, long term effects may be worse.. update me on how a 24 hr antihistamine works for u as well please..
Is it really necessary to go through all of that? I thought they only live outside of a body a few hours? I didn't think they lived on surfaces like being or floors
kit

Erie, PA

#20 Feb 11, 2014
permetherin works you just need to clean everything, i did treatment 3 weeks in a row. im cured. i now have excema because of the treatment and all the itching. alot of you need to see a doctor who has dealt with scabies and can properly determine if you still have them or have another skin disorder after treatment. its possible to get rid of them! you have to be super clean!
Amanda

Waunakee, WI

#21 Feb 17, 2014
A very effective scabies cream is made by Klima called Naturasil scabies cream. It works very fast and since it is organic, you won't end up burning your skin. Don't let the organic tag fool you though - it works very fast! http://www.klimadeodorant.com/scabies-treatme...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mite identification 12 min magpie 9
how do i get rid of scabies once and for all? i... (Feb '07) 2 hr Canuckette 4,492
My Best Advice For Newbies (Nov '08) 7 hr AdoringBeenThere 17
stop cleaning and bathing!! (Apr '12) 13 hr Nocleaningspree 7
When do we eat the HIGH FAT MEAL BEFORE IVERMEC... (Feb '10) 20 hr HowOLD 18
Ivermectin overdose (Feb '10) 22 hr wantemgoneto 40
Scabies laid dormant in suitcase for 4 YEARS (Jun '08) Wed SPS 36
More from around the web