sulfur and DMSO
FRED

Denver, CO

#1 Jan 14, 2012
Well we all know sulfur has been used to cure scabies traditionally and the nice thing about it is that these mites don't seem have a mechanism to adjust to sulfur, or metabolize it faster than it effects them.

So based on what I have read in a few places about DMSO, why couldn't you drive sulfur, tried and true, deep into the stratum corneum with DSMO instead of waiting for some half a**ed absorbtion from some other traditional sulfur topical. I don't know if this has been explored before but I am playing with it now. It is bringing a lot of mites to the surface.
drug resistant scabies

San Clemente, CA

#2 Jan 16, 2012
For whatever it is worth

Fort Worth, TX

#3 Jan 16, 2012
Have any of you ever tried Paramite? It was the absolute best dip for dogs bar none, still is as far as I know but is no longer available for sale in small bottle labeled for use on canines. It is still available as Paramite L.A.(large animal). It reeks to high heaven. I mean unbelievably bad and for hours. Years and years ago I knew an animal groomer who soaked her husband in it after he'd contracted a terrible case of carbs from an affair. They were even in his eyebrows which she wetted with soaked Q-tips.
FRED

Denver, CO

#4 Jan 16, 2012
The Paramite was 11.75% phosmet, probably discontinued for it's toxicity.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phosmet

The DMSO and sulfur was a fiasco, that DMSO really plays games with your skin!

I see an 11 hour difference in survival time for perm and PBO in the chart that "drug resistant scabies" posted, I had a 10% perm/ 20% pbo mix and it gave me 3 weeks of peace then they got used to it.

I ordered a few cans of Sardex benzyl benzoate and some humco sulfur so I'll be using that for a while when it arrives and doing big doses of Iver.

These f**kin' mites make me want to swear sometimes.
drug resistant scabies

San Clemente, CA

#5 Jan 16, 2012
FRED

Denver, CO

#6 Jan 16, 2012
iv'e got that one on file , it's in the top ten, my goal now is to replicate the UCLA protocol
Bill

Denver, CO

#7 Apr 6, 2012
Fred,

What do you think went wrong in your 10%-perm/20%-PBO regime? Did you somehow miss the eggs? Would have thought any length of time on your regime would have been fatally final for the buggers...
FRED

Denver, CO

#8 Apr 6, 2012
Well I'm not sure exactly Bill, I just think the mites i have are very resistant. At that point The balance of the mix was citra-solve and I did that for a few weeks. Mine are canine mites, they seem to be the toughest.
Today i started using a body lotion with 2% salicylic acid and 5% boric acid. Will see how it goes.
Anna

Round Rock, TX

#9 Apr 6, 2012
Fred, how do you know you have canine mites? I suspect I have the same
FRED

Denver, CO

#10 Apr 6, 2012
Anna

Round Rock, TX

#11 Apr 7, 2012
yeah my problem is that I never had 'burrows', i've always gotten just mosquito bite looking things or small pimples. it's been really hard to diagnose

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#13 Apr 18, 2012
Try some of the essential oils with the dmso like lemongrass, lavender and d-limonene which is in citra solv.
See today's post from the Imidacloprid thread

RK
Geralyn_D

Dallas, GA

#14 Mar 9, 2013
I fixed both cattle type scabies AND straw itch mites with a borax and shampoo coating.

1/4 cup 20 mule team borax to a quart very warm water and then put in a good squirt of liquid shampoo. shake well and then get situated where you can coat yourself from head to toe (yes I put it up my nose and in my ears and on my closed eyes)and sit with it(or stand)for at least 5 minutes.

It was a tad harsh on my bleached hair but worth it to be free of the mites... Sometimes the itching goes on for a few days from the reaction to the proteins already in your skin. But this enabled me to break free... something about anionic and nonanionic cleaners together suffocate them? Just know it worked for me and others..
wantmylifeback

Dover Plains, NY

#15 Feb 5, 2014
RK in the house wrote:
Try some of the essential oils with the dmso like lemongrass, lavender and d-limonene which is in citra solv.
See today's post from the Imidacloprid thread
RK
Can the DMOS be put on your scalp, face and ears? I heard it burns.

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#16 Feb 18, 2014
Does anyone know if the De La Crus 10% sulfur ointment works? Doing it for 3 days...leaving it on for 24 hours at a time then showering and reapplying it. Still feeling the biting, crawling, and vibrations under my skin. Also...a lot more itchy. Can someone tell me what to do while keeping it on? Should I be still cleaning or wait until the last treatment? Should I have changed my clothes before the 24 hours were up? Also...didn't use the DMSO...only the sulfur ointment.
donna hart

Shawnee, OK

#17 Oct 12, 2014
i spelled a bottle of paramite on my dirty laundry how do i get it out
wantemgone2

Kingsport, TN

#18 Jul 2, 2015
FRED wrote:
Fred ive had some kind of mite or maybe mites and at first thought i had been infested somehow by a friend? Ive had my dog to vet numerous of times but still no answers! Im trying to read as much in this forum as i can but just so much and some is confusing....i go back to my doc on 10th and she said if this time its not the lupus attacking the skin shes gonna treat...that willmake 5 times doing that permetherine... i thought about ordering some stomectin online at a usa pharmacy and say be done with it? But than im back addressing this issue with my dog? Im at my wits and this july 4 will be two yrs i lost my husband its been going on bout 6 months now i got no new open sore in 13 days however im feeling itchiness n wiggless on my face now and head im scared and feel so alone i cant get to a derm caz a hour away can you mayb help me out and list a few things that u finally found to help you and ur pet i cant get rid of her shes all i got thank u and god bless

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Take it to the next level: Albendazole and Praz... (Jul '13) 16 hr Bugged out 49
How long do EXTERNAL eggs and mites take to die... (Nov '09) Mon 1DAYATATIME16 102
My Ivermectin Treatment Story (Apr '12) Sun Southernbell58 1,407
Scabies but no rash, just itching & crawling fe... (Mar '12) Sun NncyB 155
Removing Scabies from your Environment (Jan '08) Sun Adana 286
How long does Ivermectin take to work? (Mar '10) May 20 And a healthy 2017 222
Scabies Inside The Vagina (Nov '07) May 19 Keonna 128
More from around the web