no spots before permethrin but spots ...

no spots before permethrin but spots appeared couple of days after treatmet.

Posted in the Scabies Forum

twins

UK

#1 Jun 15, 2013
Hi all,

I hope someone can help me. So my daughter started to have itchy spots around her knee 3 weeks ago. The spots spread to her belly and later on her hands as well. We've been seen 6 different doctors in this past few weeks. Firs it was viral second eczema. I was searching on the Internet and thought it might be scabies so we mentioned in the next doctor visit. They agree it could be that so we've got permethrin for the whole family. My other daughter(5y old) has similar spots to her sister,but the spots are all over her body even on her face. It started on her belly but it never appeared In between her fingers.
Anyway we did the treatment 4days ago and yesterday I realised my 2y old has spots on his shoulders, arms and tiny spots all over his belly. His twin brother has them as well but not as bad as his brother. It doesn't seem to bother them.
Could scabies appear two days after treatment even thought they had no symphtomes before?
My son, husband and me never had any spots.
My little girl who had it the most seem to be recovering after treatment,but still itching a bit.

Thank you for any reply.
Beckie

Springfield, NJ

#2 Jun 15, 2013
The P-cream is very strong it could be that you have an allergic reaction to the cream. Don't forget to treat 7 days later and clean and bag everything. Wait it out to see if the bumps get better.
Twins

UK

#3 Jun 16, 2013
Thank you Beckie.
The weird thing is my twins never had any spots or itching before treatment. They seem to be fine,no itching just couple of yellowish blister and quite a lot of flat tiny red spots especially on their tummy. I am not even sure it's scabies...
Beckie

Springfield, NJ

#4 Jun 16, 2013
Twins wrote:
Thank you Beckie.
The weird thing is my twins never had any spots or itching before treatment. They seem to be fine,no itching just couple of yellowish blister and quite a lot of flat tiny red spots especially on their tummy. I am not even sure it's scabies...
You should ask the doctor to scrape for mites, just to be sure it could be something else
Twins

UK

#5 Jun 16, 2013
They don't do the test in England(at least that's what the doc said).
Beckie

Springfield, NJ

#6 Jun 16, 2013
That's crazy how do they know if you have scabies? Did you go to a derm?
Twins

UK

#7 Jun 16, 2013
No we havent seen a dermatologyst,just been several times to our Gp and childrens hospital in the last few weeks. Actually I mentioned to them scabies and they said it could be so they prescribed permethrin. They thought it was a viral infection,eczema and even chicken pox. The doc said there is no way she can tell me 100% what it is.
My older daughter is itching again but not as bad as before,she also has few new spots. I really hope is not reinfection.

Since: Jun 13

New York, NY

#8 Jun 17, 2013
twins wrote:
Could scabies appear two days after treatment even thought they had no symphtomes before?
Yes, it's not unusual for new marks/rashes to arise after a treatment. These can still be itchy as well. For me personally, it took about one month after the treatment for new outbreaks to stop.
Twins

UK

#9 Jun 17, 2013
misterchief wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it's not unusual for new marks/rashes to arise after a treatment. These can still be itchy as well. For me personally, it took about one month after the treatment for new outbreaks to stop.
Thank you for the info.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
sulphur!!! (Mar '09) 58 min Susie 50
Curing the Incurable 2 hr Barbraela14 20
I've now have kidney problems that I think were... (Feb '12) 9 hr soulwitch13 10
Scabies/Eggs lifespan? and a question about pre... (Apr '07) 10 hr Adana 534
ivermectin dosage chart and info (Oct '11) 10 hr Adana 918
IMPORTANT: Ivermectin Dosage (Feb '08) 10 hr Adana 228
cleaning mites 10 hr colle020601 1
More from around the web