Helper

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2014

Found some great OTC and home remedies...

I came across this discussion while searching for answers to my outbreak. I searched for 2 days because my symptoms weren't as severe as those who had scabies but I thought I had some type of mites in my skin. Turns out I had hives, a minor 24hr outbreak due to my body's allergic reaction to the combination of cold medicine, 2mosquito bites and an herbal tea blend that included eucalyptus oil (I can't do plant based products). I'm healed but had you guys in my prayers and on my mind, couldn't leave you hanging...

Info on this site was very helpful but to simplify, I'd like to combine the most helpful info into one post:

I am not a patient or health professional...just someone who,wants to help

First do all the research you can online and see a doctor. If they don't seem to understand get a 2nd opinion. You have no time to be misinformed

Avoid physical contact with people or pets, scabies is contagious. A guy posted that he got it from a communal jumpsuit while skydiving

Warm baths in 500g (2cups) of table salt. Dermatologists say chlorine bleach is poisonous and harmful to the skin. Derms say it will flush out the eggs and body parts. Do not apply the bleach directly to,your skin. One guy said he now has floaters in his vision from taking bleach baths. Epsom salt or baking soda works same way

Salt may dry your skin. I found a new blend of Shea butter, olive oil, vitamin E and essential lavender oil (purifying) on the shelf at my local beauty supply store. You can mix your own or write to Sweetsensation, 128-28
25th ave, college point, ny, 11356. Peppermint oil has the same property and can be a substitute for lavender

Calamine lotion is great for anti-itch..bug bites, poison, ivy, etc. I've the counter at pharmacy/drug store. It comes in pink or white and dries fast. Great for measles and chicken pox too

Wash clothes in at least 60% water. Wear plastic gloves to load the washer, discard them and out on a clean pair to take them out and to unload the dryer. A box of 50 latex gloves is around 4USD. One guy wore plastic gloves to,drive his car

They hate peppermint oil...use aromatherapy in a diffuser. Soak cotton balls with the oil and put in in the bag with your washed clothing and around the house. Place in your car and around your bed

Use peppermint and coconut soap...Nubian heritage makes both with Shea butter and baking soda.

Wash hair with coconut shampoo with 3 drops of peppermint oil. Wash again with tea tree oil shampoo then use tea tree mint conditioner with a few drops of clove oil (to kill the larvre). Let air dry and only blow dry when barely damp

Wash face with peppermint soap. Rinse with cold water to close pores. Add one drop of the oil to,your face cream

Add borax to,your washer, vinegar rinse works. Dry clothes 2-3 times

Drink apple cider vinegar in water

Ion air purifier work

Olive oil is great for healing scars and burns. Kiss my face makes pure olive oil soap and lotions

Eat at least 2 cloves of garlic per day. Dice them and sauté with diced tomatoes & basil in olive oil. Place on toast and enjoy...this is bruschetta.garlic & the lycopene in tomatoes build immunity

Take lots of vitamin C and B and probiotics. Zinc helps

Bacitracin on skin bites

Rub Mineral oil on lashes, in nose
and in ears

Avoid sweets, they weaken immunity

Avoid iron, bacteria feeds on it and your body hides it when it's attacked. Don't overwork it's ability to store the iron

I pray for your strength and patience...you can get through this!
Helper

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2014

In response to the bleach suggestion of "don't know what to do", perhaps do 1 cup bleach + 1 cup salt. I read that you should only soak in bath for 15min and yes, use light plastic kitchen scrubber or loofa to scrub the skin and open pores. An hour soak may kill the mites in a day but skin exposure to bleach for so long is damaging, it may show up for a while.. Try 3-4 times per week plus the other stuff I posted above. To each his own.

It's a lot but worth reading...
Helper

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2014

Sorry for the typo, wash clothes & bedding in at least 60 degree water, hot water is best
Helper wrote:
Found some great OTC and home remedies...
I came across this discussion while searching for answers to my outbreak. I searched for 2 days because my symptoms weren't as severe as those who had scabies but I thought I had some type of mites in my skin. Turns out I had hives, a minor 24hr outbreak due to my body's allergic reaction to the combination of cold medicine, 2mosquito bites and an herbal tea blend that included eucalyptus oil (I can't do plant based products). I'm healed but had you guys in my prayers and on my mind, couldn't leave you hanging...
Info on this site was very helpful but to simplify, I'd like to combine the most helpful info into one post:
I am not a patient or health professional...just someone who,wants to help
First do all the research you can online and see a doctor. If they don't seem to understand get a 2nd opinion. You have no time to be misinformed
Avoid physical contact with people or pets, scabies is contagious. A guy posted that he got it from a communal jumpsuit while skydiving
Warm baths in 500g (2cups) of table salt. Dermatologists say chlorine bleach is poisonous and harmful to the skin. Derms say it will flush out the eggs and body parts. Do not apply the bleach directly to,your skin. One guy said he now has floaters in his vision from taking bleach baths. Epsom salt or baking soda works same way
Salt may dry your skin. I found a new blend of Shea butter, olive oil, vitamin E and essential lavender oil (purifying) on the shelf at my local beauty supply store. You can mix your own or write to Sweetsensation, 128-28
25th ave, college point, ny, 11356. Peppermint oil has the same property and can be a substitute for lavender
Calamine lotion is great for anti-itch..bug bites, poison, ivy, etc. I've the counter at pharmacy/drug store. It comes in pink or white and dries fast. Great for measles and chicken pox too
Wash clothes in at least 60% water. Wear plastic gloves to load the washer, discard them and out on a clean pair to take them out and to unload the dryer. A box of 50 latex gloves is around 4USD. One guy wore plastic gloves to,drive his car
They hate peppermint oil...use aromatherapy in a diffuser. Soak cotton balls with the oil and put in in the bag with your washed clothing and around the house. Place in your car and around your bed
Use peppermint and coconut soap...Nubian heritage makes both with Shea butter and baking soda.
Wash hair with coconut shampoo with 3 drops of peppermint oil. Wash again with tea tree oil shampoo then use tea tree mint conditioner with a few drops of clove oil (to kill the larvre). Let air dry and only blow dry when barely damp
Wash face with peppermint soap. Rinse with cold water to close pores. Add one drop of the oil to,your face cream
Add borax to,your washer, vinegar rinse works. Dry clothes 2-3 times
Drink apple cider vinegar in water
Ion air purifier work
Olive oil is great for healing scars and burns. Kiss my face makes pure olive oil soap and lotions
Eat at least 2 cloves of garlic per day. Dice them and sauté with diced tomatoes & basil in olive oil. Place on toast and enjoy...this is bruschetta.garlic & the lycopene in tomatoes build immunity
Take lots of vitamin C and B and probiotics. Zinc helps
Bacitracin on skin bites
Rub Mineral oil on lashes, in nose
and in ears
Avoid sweets, they weaken immunity
Avoid iron, bacteria feeds on it and your body hides it when it's attacked. Don't overwork it's ability to store the iron
I pray for your strength and patience...you can get through this!
Marylyn

Groveport, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

Judged:

-dont know what to do- wrote:
<quoted text> does the bleach bath hurt your vaginal area....this is a sensitive area and that concerns me i can only use certain body washes or soaps on this area...somebdy please tell me
......i want this dang things gone and don't have money for the creams and no insurance....PLEASE HELP!!!!
I sprayed 1 part bleach/4parts water on my vaginal area and it didn't even sting. I sprayed it a lot too, because the scabies took a reallll liking to that area. It has been 3 days and I have not felt ANY activity down there and it absolutely no damage to my privates. If you have ever swam in a swimming pool, you have swam in diluted bleach. Chlorine is bleach.
jackson lamsam

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

Judged:

scabies sucks. need help bc I'm trying everything and seems like nothing is going right.
itchy guy

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2014

I've had scabies for almost two years. I partially cured it once with 5% cream. I don't know what to do. I can't take off work to treat correctly. I can't afford a new bed or clothes to wear when my infected clothes are quarantined.
helpless

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2014

I have had scribes for 18months now and must have usés at lest 50 tubes of permeferin but still not gone. I have seen 5 doctorats 2 dermatologists WHO will not believe. Me that i have scabies i dont know now i got them as i live alone dont have à partner. All i know is i can not Copé anymore and feeling suicidle please help.
Anonymous

Danbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2014

Judged:

helpless wrote:
I have had scribes for 18months now and must have usés at lest 50 tubes of permeferin but still not gone. I have seen 5 doctorats 2 dermatologists WHO will not believe. Me that i have scabies i dont know now i got them as i live alone dont have à partner. All i know is i can not Copé anymore and feeling suicidle please help.
Don't give up. You will get better. There are other options besides permethrin. Ivermectin, benzyl benzoate, sulphur, eurax cream and even a thread on valbazen. Keep treating. You will beat this. Don't give up hope. You are not alone. All of us on here are going through the same thing.
Veronica

Deer Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2014

Judged:

PivotalDecision wrote:
I'm going to give everybody a solid solution to their problems. It's tough, it may sound unreasonable..but if you're in the position I was- it's worth it. May I remind you, that this will not damage your skin as I have been topically using this method incorrectly for over a month in very harsh ways and I have seen no adverse effects. It works if done right. You MUST moisturize your skin. If it is not working for you, you are not being aggressive enough.
The fact of the matter, is bleach kills mites. It kills us if ingested in pure form. I remind you all, that household "pure" bleach from the bottle, is diluted. I never recommend adding pure bleach to your skin. If you are to spot treat, it is better to dilute bleach to water in a 1:1 ratio, and then cover the spot with a paper towel for 10 minutes and then let dry.
You must do this regimen for 4-9 days, however I recommend the latter for complete treatment. It is paramount to your success that all surfaces are bleached and/or steam cleaned. An iron or steamer works best for all surfaces. A vacuum with a filter can also be used on your mattress and linens, and it itself can be bleached.
Add 750ML chlorine bleach to steaming hot bath water.
Take a sturdy brush and go over your entire body to create small abrasions for the bleach to penetrate. This also brings them to the surface. You must take your time and thoroughly go over your body. If you do this once right, theoretically one bath is enough. Soak in the tub for an hour. Use baby soap and shampoo. Alternate positions to ensure penetration. Get out, air dry completely. Apply moisturizer. Apply anti-scabies cream(s) if you wish. I didn't have to. Clean all surfaces and always use gloves!
May I add that all tap water is chlorinated. Household bleach is toxic, however if you have scabies on your lips you can submerge your face underwater and breath through your nose. You will not be absorbing any more chlorine than you would from an accidental gulp at a swimming pool. Unfortunately, there is a lot of misconstrued information in circulation about bleach. It could be solely to advocate sales on other products. I am unsure. What I am sure of, is that my better half is a biologist and chemist. If you are smart, and use your head this can pass.
If you get out of the tub, and do not feel like you just took a swim at the YMCA.. you're doing it wrong. You will find out that the scabies will persist if you do not fight accordingly. Wish you luck.
Things to know:
-Take a multivitamin to fortify your system.
-Bleach drys your skin, you must refortify it with moisturizer.
-Flax seed oil has been known to help. Neem leaf extract has been known to inhibit the reproduction of scabies.
-Adding sulfur to your bathwater or topically works. They cannot build a resistance to it or bleach. When used incorrectly, the scabies will persist.
-Isolate everything you've been in contact with.
-Stay strong. You are not the first, nor will you be the last.
Please contact me, I'm not suffering anymore and scabies gave me this! I have a son , and needed help with anything natural. I was about to soak in bleach! Ugh contact me!!! https://www.youngliving.org/vron0907 I also spent 100's of dollars before this!

Since: Dec 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2014

Judged:

Veronica wrote:
<quoted text>Please contact me, I'm not suffering anymore and scabies gave me this! I have a son , and needed help with anything natural. I was about to soak in bleach! Ugh contact me!!! https://www.youngliving.org/vron0907 I also spent 100's of dollars before this!
You sound like a sales person trying to use a reach and withdraw sales technique. Someone will buy your crap and regret it.
Need help

Darley, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2014

Do you have to have sex to get scabies ?
John Smith

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2014

PivotalDecision,

Thanks for your post, brother!

Yours was the final that I read before deciding to use bleach baths. I wish that I had listened to you more closely about moisturizing my skin. I started on that a little late, but dry skin was a minor price to pay to end my suffering!

This is what I did!!

3 warm baths a days with 4 cap fulls of concentrated bleach, each. We have a large jacuzzi bath but I still wonder if I used to much bleach or bathed to often. I sometimes turned on the jets and let the bleach water hit my hands. I would dunk my head and hair in the baths and I would not shower off after the baths. In other words, some of the bleach stayed on me.

I stopped sitting in my recliner for 10 days or more and we vacuumed it to death with our central vacuum system. I literally slept on our hardwood floors, and I washed blankets daily.

I bathed 3 days, then reduced it to 2 baths a day and soon to 1 a day. This was likely excessive, as my skin was quite dry.

I wanted to be certain of my cure so I waited several weeks before posting. I have been using baby oil/lotion daily with slow improvement but my skin is still slightly dry.

It is difficult to use restraint when you are desperate. I likely used a some pretty generous cap fulls of bleach in the beginning, but I believe that was a mistake.

Don't get carried away with the bleach. Bleach easily cured me and I think less would have been effective and produced less dry skin. I've never had dry skin, but it became an issue. I probably discontinued bleach baths 3 weeks ago and my skin in finally close to being back to normal.

Dry skin itches but it's nothing compared to scabies!

Since: Mar 14

Somerville, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2014

Need help wrote:
No, the most common scabies epidemics are found in old folks homes and children centers.
Some types of scabies fall from pin oak trees other are bird mites. Sex is not the only way to get it.
John Smith

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2014

Helper wrote:
In response to the bleach suggestion of "don't know what to do", perhaps do 1 cup bleach + 1 cup salt. I read that you should only soak in bath for 15min and yes, use light plastic kitchen scrubber or loofa to scrub the skin and open pores. An hour soak may kill the mites in a day but skin exposure to bleach for so long is damaging, it may show up for a while.. Try 3-4 times per week plus the other stuff I posted above. To each his own.
It's a lot but worth reading...
Im not trying to be rude, but I think that you should edit this post if possible. One cup of bleach would be very extreme and unnecessary! I used 4-5 small cap fulls from a Clorox bottle in a large tub and I feel like I should have used less.

I will admit that my bleach said that it was concentrated, but my advice would be......

DO NOT USE ONE CUP OF BLEACH IN A BATH

More bleach is not better. If you damage your skin with one or two baths, you may not be able to tolerate additional baths that maybe required to cure you.

Bleach is very powerful. Use it in a way that will allow you to kill mites for a longer period of time.
John Smith

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2014

Need help wrote:
Absolutely not. I was in complete disbelief that I could have scabies, but I did and it all started on the top of my fingers.

I was fairly overtrained in the gym, and I had used hand gel frequently. I don't know if either of these may have contributed to an immune system reduction that may have allowed scabies to get a strong hold.
scratchyanditchy

Aberystwyth, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2014

helpless wrote:
you need to put four capfuls of thin unperfumed bleach in your bath and go to a country store and buy a horse wormer that has ivermectin in., do not say it is for you. measure out how much of the wormer to take according to your bodyweight, there will be a guide on the syringe. take the same amount a fortnight later.
take care xx
faby

Van Nuys, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2014

I'm so close to soaking km bleach your link doesn't work -.-
Veronica wrote:
<quoted text>
Please contact me, I'm not suffering anymore and scabies gave me this! I have a son , and needed help with anything natural. I was about to soak in bleach! Ugh contact me!!! https://www.youngliving.org/vron0907 I also spent 100's of dollars before this!
Mr ScAbe ThraxxZ

Tallahassee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2014

Judged:

The best way to get rid of the scabies is 1. shower in Dish Detergent such as JOY and mix it with a cap of bleach and wash the entire body from neck down depending on the infestation. 2. use salt on the skin to kill the EGGS get a bottle of unscented lotion and fill it with salt and apply to skin at night...MY REMEDIES IS I GET A PAIR OF LONG JOHNS AND APPLY THE LOTION WITH SALT IN IT TO THE SKIN AFTER A SHOWER FROM STEP 1. AS I EXPLAINED..AND PUT THE LONG JOHNS ON AFTER I APPLY THE LOTION WITH SALT IN IT..AND 100% GARANTEE IT WILL WORK...i am free of scabies now but i do thse methods jus for the hell of it..and i eyeball everybody skin now and i act like the guy from the show MONK..lol..but my skin has been clear and i love beaches and the best thing to do instead scaring your partners is take them to the beach and make them for a hour that way u know u safe..i am black and it worked for me and i still do my remedies once a month jus for safety
Mr ScAbe ThraxxZ

Tallahassee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2014

Judged:

The things i hear yall scream on here is useless i dont know what the hell all that stuff mean. but do my remedy and u will think im GOD.lol salt kills all parasites so does bleach so use your brains DUMMIES..think of youreslf ..and for women dont sit in tubs because wen u stand up they get back on you so shower its all common stop getting comfortable on these site lying about remedies you do know about because it sound wack CASE CLOSED.
Mr ScABe Thraxxz

Tallahassee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2014

Judged:

1. A CUP WATER
2. ADD A CAP OF BLEACH TO WATER
3. ADD JOY DISH WASHING LIQUID TO WATER AND BLEACH
4. SHOWER RINSE THE BODY WITH WARM HOT WATER
5. POUR THE CUP OF MIXED CUP ON A WASH RAG
6. WASH THE ENTIRE BODY NECK DOWN TO TOE WITH MIXED CUP
7. LET IT STAY ON THE BODY AND WASH RAPIDLY UNTIL FULLY WASHED.
8. RINSE THE BODY
9. DRY OFF WIT A CLEAN TOWEL THEN ADD THE UNSCENTED LOTION TO BODY WITH THE SALT IN IT TO THE WHOLE BODY NECK DOWN AND GO TO SLEEP IN IT AND LET THE SALT FALL OFF ON ITS OWN I USE LONG JOHNS TO BURY SALT IN SKIN NEXT MORNING USE YOUR FAVORITE SOAP AS U PLEASE BUT SHOWER WIT THE BLEACH REMEDY ONCE OR TWICE A DAY IF YOU CANT WASH ALL CLOTHES CLOSE THEM UP IN A GARBAGE BAG FOR 2 DAYS ..
IF U HAVE A BEACH AROUND THEN OR TRY POOLS BUT DO THE SALT AND LOTION REMEDY THE MOST OF IT. AND IT WILL KILL THE SCABIES AND EGGS..100%

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

98 Users are viewing the Scabies Forum right now

Search the Scabies Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Picture and video of scabies 6 hr Cody Oebel 2
SCAMS dont buy these for scabies their scams 6 hr Cody Oebel 6
Scabies on face and scalp? (Aug '07) 17 hr Joanne 871
how do i get rid of scabies once and for all? i... (Feb '07) Tue Diatomaceous Earth 4,104
ivermectin rash, help! Mon Tucson girl 19
dead sea salt (Feb '12) Mon Tucson girl 19
burnt motor oil Mon mertle 2
Look at this picture of skin with mites and mig... (Apr '08) Mon skt1970 130
Removing Scabies from your Environment (Jan '08) Aug 15 Poppykat 245
ivermectin dosage chart and info (Oct '11) Aug 11 real indian 619
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••