The solution for scabies is Bleach. T...

The solution for scabies is Bleach. This is the tried and true method.

Posted in the Scabies Forum

First Prev
of 15
Next Last
PivotalDecision

Pozzo Di Gotto, Italy

#1 Mar 14, 2012
I'm going to give everybody a solid solution to their problems. It's tough, it may sound unreasonable..but if you're in the position I was- it's worth it. May I remind you, that this will not damage your skin as I have been topically using this method incorrectly for over a month in very harsh ways and I have seen no adverse effects. It works if done right. You MUST moisturize your skin. If it is not working for you, you are not being aggressive enough.

The fact of the matter, is bleach kills mites. It kills us if ingested in pure form. I remind you all, that household "pure" bleach from the bottle, is diluted. I never recommend adding pure bleach to your skin. If you are to spot treat, it is better to dilute bleach to water in a 1:1 ratio, and then cover the spot with a paper towel for 10 minutes and then let dry.

You must do this regimen for 4-9 days, however I recommend the latter for complete treatment. It is paramount to your success that all surfaces are bleached and/or steam cleaned. An iron or steamer works best for all surfaces. A vacuum with a filter can also be used on your mattress and linens, and it itself can be bleached.

Add 750ML chlorine bleach to steaming hot bath water.

Take a sturdy brush and go over your entire body to create small abrasions for the bleach to penetrate. This also brings them to the surface. You must take your time and thoroughly go over your body. If you do this once right, theoretically one bath is enough. Soak in the tub for an hour. Use baby soap and shampoo. Alternate positions to ensure penetration. Get out, air dry completely. Apply moisturizer. Apply anti-scabies cream(s) if you wish. I didn't have to. Clean all surfaces and always use gloves!

May I add that all tap water is chlorinated. Household bleach is toxic, however if you have scabies on your lips you can submerge your face underwater and breath through your nose. You will not be absorbing any more chlorine than you would from an accidental gulp at a swimming pool. Unfortunately, there is a lot of misconstrued information in circulation about bleach. It could be solely to advocate sales on other products. I am unsure. What I am sure of, is that my better half is a biologist and chemist. If you are smart, and use your head this can pass.

If you get out of the tub, and do not feel like you just took a swim at the YMCA.. you're doing it wrong. You will find out that the scabies will persist if you do not fight accordingly. Wish you luck.

Things to know:
-Take a multivitamin to fortify your system.
-Bleach drys your skin, you must refortify it with moisturizer.
-Flax seed oil has been known to help. Neem leaf extract has been known to inhibit the reproduction of scabies.
-Adding sulfur to your bathwater or topically works. They cannot build a resistance to it or bleach. When used incorrectly, the scabies will persist.
-Isolate everything you've been in contact with.
-Stay strong. You are not the first, nor will you be the last.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
FRED

Denver, CO

#2 Mar 14, 2012
PivotalDecision wrote:
So steam at room temperature starts at 100Cdeg., do you have a special hot water heater? because mine only goes up to 60Cdeg.
I find it very hard to get into the tub at that temp because that's where the skin being burnt starts.

750ml is 3 cups of bleach, standard bleach is 2.75% sodium hypochlorite in case you were wondering, Many people on this forum have tried bleach and people have used 1 cup max and some went to 1/2 cup because of skin damage, I even had low level chemical burns on my feet from trying to make the bleach bath work.

Well maybe some people will try this, if it doesn't work for them maybe boiling acid will.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
PivotalDecision

Pozzo Di Gotto, Italy

#3 Mar 15, 2012
I improperly used the term steaming water. I meant to say as hot as you can handle it, however my water doesn't seem to be very hot. The skin damage you may feel is your skin reacting to the bleach. Stay off the bleach for 24-48 hours and moisturize. you will find your skin has recovered.
FRED

Denver, CO

#5 Mar 15, 2012
PivotalDecision wrote:
alternatively you can lower the dose if you'd like. you can cut it in half, it just will take longer. If you scrape your skin well, add enough bleach the first bath, you only have to deal with maybe two more sessions. It burns but you will not have permanent damage.
thanks for being nice this time
PivotalDecision

Pozzo Di Gotto, Italy

#7 Mar 15, 2012
FRED wrote:
<quoted text>
thanks for being nice this time
i whole heartily apologize
PivotalDecision

Pozzo Di Gotto, Italy

#8 Mar 15, 2012
Desperate girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Fred, well doc was pretty useless as you can imagine. She literally knew nothing about scabies. She did believe me & listened. Gave me seroquel (sp?) to sleep & some steroid cream as she freaked when she saw my skin. But, I thought I thought I'd remembered seeing on here about how steroid cream was not a good idea during all of this. Med helped me sleep but still was up & down thru night be ause of them all over face. She said shed do more research to see what else there was to get rid of them:/. I'm sure it's going to be things I've already done but it was worth a try. Thanks for all the help Fred. Not going to give up. My family left for NM on vacation today. No way I could have gone like this.
I've heard of people traveling across The States to see a doctor worth while. It's no surprise they don't acknowledge your disease. Some do and then lead you in the wrong direction anyway. On the other side some will prescribe you Iver, others will give you creams.. This shitty part is if they take a skin scraping and find nothing. You have to insist for it to be redone all while spending more money on doctors visits.
Mandy

Glasgow, UK

#9 Mar 15, 2012
I have been diagnosed with scabies and I am mortified. I was told it is passed from skin to skin contact usually during sex. This can not be the case for me as I havent been well so havent had sex for about 2 months. I have been prescribed Permethrin. I put it on 2 days ago then washed it off after 12 hours (yesterday) but in the last 15 hours my bites have tripled. Does this mean the cream didnt work. PLEASE HELP ME get rid of this as all sites i look at people are saying they have tried everything and had it months. HELP, HELP, HELP

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
FRED

Denver, CO

#10 Mar 15, 2012
Mandy wrote:
I have been diagnosed with scabies and I am mortified. I was told it is passed from skin to skin contact usually during sex. This can not be the case for me as I havent been well so havent had sex for about 2 months. I have been prescribed Permethrin. I put it on 2 days ago then washed it off after 12 hours (yesterday) but in the last 15 hours my bites have tripled. Does this mean the cream didnt work. PLEASE HELP ME get rid of this as all sites i look at people are saying they have tried everything and had it months. HELP, HELP, HELP
Mandy, this link explains a better way to use permethrin, I guess since your in the U.K. your using Lyclear? If your getting bites either they are still alive or they sometimes rally when they die and bite a bit. Best to have a topical other than permethrin on for when your not using permethrin at all times till you cured, people use a variety of things, if you can get tea tree oil mix it 50/50 with olive oil and use that try to work up to straight tea tree, some people like lemongrass oil. I was worried about permethrin early on but it's pretty safe. make sure you are being careful with your environment so you don't get reinfected.

http://www.lowitja.org.au/files/crcah_docs/He...
had this 3 times

United States

#11 Mar 29, 2012
PivotalDecision wrote:
I'm going to give everybody a solid solution to their problems. It's tough, it may sound unreasonable..but if you're in the position I was- it's worth it. May I remind you, that this will not damage your skin as I have been topically using this method incorrectly for over a month in very harsh ways and I have seen no adverse effects. It works if done right. You MUST moisturize your skin. If it is not working for you, you are not being aggressive enough.
The fact of the matter, is bleach kills mites. It kills us if ingested in pure form. I remind you all, that household "pure" bleach from the bottle, is diluted. I never recommend adding pure bleach to your skin. If you are to spot treat, it is better to dilute bleach to water in a 1:1 ratio, and then cover the spot with a paper towel for 10 minutes and then let dry.
You must do this regimen for 4-9 days, however I recommend the latter for complete treatment. It is paramount to your success that all surfaces are bleached and/or steam cleaned. An iron or steamer works best for all surfaces. A vacuum with a filter can also be used on your mattress and linens, and it itself can be bleached.
Take a sturdy brush and go over your entire body to create small abrasions for the bleach to penetrate. This also brings them to the surface. You must take your time and thoroughly go over your body. If you do this once right, theoretically one bath is enough. Soak in the tub for an hour. Use baby soap and shampoo. Alternate positions to ensure penetration. Get out, air dry completely. Apply moisturizer. Apply anti-scabies cream(s) if you wish. I didn't have to. Clean all surfaces and always use gloves!
May I add that all tap water is chlorinated. Household bleach is toxic, however if you have scabies on your lips you can submerge your face underwater and breath through your nose. You will not be absorbing any more chlorine than you would from an accidental gulp at a swimming pool. Unfortunately, there is a lot of misconstrued information in circulation about bleach. It could be solely to advocate sales on other products. I am unsure. What I am sure of, is that my better half is a biologist and chemist. If you are smart, and use your head this can pass.
If you get out of the tub, and do not feel like you just took a swim at the YMCA.. you're doing it wrong. You will find out that the scabies will persist if you do not fight accordingly. Wish you luck.
Things to know:
-Take a multivitamin to fortify your system.
-Bleach drys your skin, you must refortify it with moisturizer.
-Flax seed oil has been known to help. Neem leaf extract has been known to inhibit the reproduction of scabies.
-Adding sulfur to your bathwater or topically works. They cannot build a resistance to it or bleach. When used incorrectly, the scabies will persist.
-Isolate everything you've been in contact with.
-Stay strong. You are not the first, nor will you be the last.
Do you use clorox?
NOtotheMites

Daytona Beach, FL

#12 Apr 11, 2012
anyone interested in Benzyl Benzoate i got it from this site and helped me a lot

http://expressautozone.webs.com/apps/webstore...
3 months clean.

Saint Louis, MO

#13 Apr 11, 2012
Read the 4 day cure posting by Death by SCABIES it did work.
shay

United States

#14 Apr 15, 2012
I have tried everything the itching wont stop but last i i took a steming hot bath with 2 cups of bleach my scabies stoped spreading and less itching i just wont more advise to get rid of this i have never had this in my life and its drivung me CRAZY PLEASE HEKP
Peter the GREAT !

Potosi, MO

#16 Apr 15, 2012
Also while in the bath make sure you put in about 1/2 cup of cooking oil. It stop the scabies from moving to dryer areas like your head. They float off of you and get trapped in the oil and then down the drain they go.
Soon2bfree

Whitehouse, NJ

#17 May 21, 2012
Don't give up, Never give up. Scabies will be GONE if you keep up the A & H Baths,
Seperate Epsom Salt Baths and seperatly Borax Baths. Be sure to mix in all bsths I mentioned a cup of 3 Percent Hydrogen Proxide, this make the powders in the bath penetrate your skin.
Also eat as much Fresh Garlic you can.
NOT Garlic Pills. Fresh Garlic, because Garlic is digested thru your skin pours naturally and mites can't stand Garlic, garlic also kills mites. Its
Naturally an anti parasetic.
Good Luck
And Never give up.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#18 May 22, 2012
Bleach baths or even spraying the skin with undiluted bleach is not, I repeat not a cure! As Augustmidwest states above, bleach baths provide temporary relief but that's it. You must begin a treatment regime that does cure. If you have had Scabies less than six months I suggest oral ivermectin with topical permethrin, preferably Advantix 2 Blue with 45% permethrin. If you have had Scabies loner than six months you should probably check out the oral homeopathic remedy using arsenicum album and sulphur, or the topical DMSO regime as described on other Topix Scabies Threads. Anything else is most likely a waste of time. The scabies mites of 2012 are extremely resistant and difficult to cure.

Since: May 12

Hancock, MD

#19 May 23, 2012
I have tried the bleach baths and premithrin creams to no success. The bleach baths actually made them spread up to my scalp (even had Vaseline applied from the neck up) and I feel crawling sensations all over, including my face. This is making me go crazy.! I never get prescribed anything besides the topical cremes which have failed miserably. There is not many borrows or rashes, but the crawling sensation is still present. It's probably been about a year now since being infected. All because I got drunk and couldn't keep it in my pants,I got this dreaded curse we call scabies. I have actually contemplated suicide because of this, nothing has worked and I just feel completely helpless
Bug Crazy

Heber Springs, AR

#20 Aug 9, 2012
theport wrote:
I have tried the bleach baths and premithrin creams to no success. The bleach baths actually made them spread up to my scalp (even had Vaseline applied from the neck up) and I feel crawling sensations all over, including my face. This is making me go crazy.! I never get prescribed anything besides the topical cremes which have failed miserably. There is not many borrows or rashes, but the crawling sensation is still present. It's probably been about a year now since being infected. All because I got drunk and couldn't keep it in my pants,I got this dreaded curse we call scabies. I have actually contemplated suicide because of this, nothing has worked and I just feel completely helpless
In the same boat as you...... Has you situation improved????
lynn
#21 Aug 16, 2012
I got scabies in june this year had lyclcear steriods antihistame tablets prescibed by my doctor he reckoned i had hives i insisted i went and saw a dermatoligist as his treatment wasnt helpful ,the dermatoligist said i had scabies which all along i kepted saying it was even now august i still itch like mad so maybe i should try the bleach bath because this is drivind me mad no one understands only a person with scabies,and it takes you to hell and back and feels like it will never go away.i caught it last july perhaps it never went away ,ive jacked my job in as i worked in a care home which is where i caught it from and i dont want to ever catch it again once it goes.if it ever will.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#22 Aug 16, 2012
lynn wrote:
I got scabies in june this year had lyclcear steriods antihistame tablets prescibed by my doctor he reckoned i had hives i insisted i went and saw a dermatoligist as his treatment wasnt helpful ,the dermatoligist said i had scabies which all along i kepted saying it was even now august i still itch like mad so maybe i should try the bleach bath because this is drivind me mad no one understands only a person with scabies,and it takes you to hell and back and feels like it will never go away.i caught it last july perhaps it never went away ,ive jacked my job in as i worked in a care home which is where i caught it from and i dont want to ever catch it again once it goes.if it ever will.
bleach really damages your skin, you could try using ground cayenne.
put a teaspoon in i saucepan with water and bring it to a boil then put that in the bath, stay in an hour
going crazy
#23 Aug 16, 2012
is it possible to leave ur house for a week and get treated and they will die without a host??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 15
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Neem works 3 hr NB Girl 1
How long does Ivermectin take to work? (Mar '10) 15 hr scornatzer 235
What relieves mite itching immediately? 22 hr rowdyca 4
what is an effective treatment for scabies on s... (Jan '14) Sat steve marell 30
the cure is so simple, I can't believe it...... (Jan '11) Sat jhannamarie 1,549
Reinfection coming from loofah? Mites not in f... Sat rowdyca 5
My Ivermectin Treatment Story (Apr '12) Sat Rob in Vancouver 1,413
More from around the web