JustHadTreatment

Durham, NC

#102 Aug 31, 2012
Well, over the course of this week AFTER my first treatment, I did notice two small bumps appear. I immediately did go get my prem refill and used it, fearing that eggs had hatched. I also had a little bit of a mental breakdown this day... I bursted out in tears at work, called my boyfriend who is currently in Afghanistan and cried my eyes out... it was scary. I used the perm again and I feel the same. I think I was freaking out over post scabies reactions... I hope the worst is behind me, now. Now that the weekend is here, I plan to steam clean my apt and car, rewash all my clothes, bleach all of my concrete floors. Everyone please send positive thoughts my way. My boyfriend is coming home next week from Afghanistan and I pray that I am rid of these mites before he returns. I do not want him to get infected...I would feel horrible. I do not wish this upon ANYONE, not even my worst enemies. A friend of mine from work actually informed me more about it. She went to a Dr. about her's and she said that she was told that after treatment, just leave it alone. Make sure to wash good and take care of your skin and the itching will go away. I hope to see NO MORE bumps appear, they always freak me out, but my burrows have healed and the pits between my fingers look almost as good as new. This is where I had them the worst and really the only scabies symptoms I had. I start a new job next week and my boyfriend arrives home after a year deployment! I hope this is a new beginning for me and that OCD doesn't over come me and bring out my anxiety again! Not nearly as many tears today as I cried yesterday!
concerned

Fillmore, CA

#103 Jan 3, 2013
like all of you i also have had a terrible time understanding what is actually happening to me after i treated. i thought it was a done deal only to go nuts with itching after a week of the treatment and then retreated but then did not see any improvement of the itching and new sites of rash. it is now going on 4 weeks and new pimples show up.

after reading the posts i am relieved that my post condition is normal.

That still doesn't console me. i am itching like crazy and still seeing new rashes. i am very fastidious with cleanliness so i reason that it is a process that will resolve itself.

when my friend told me she had a rash and showed it to me, i didn't even think that it was a contagious scabies condition but only an allergy of some sort. i didn't deduce at the time that she flopped around Oakland and SF couch surfing and sleeping with rock musicians.

Boy, it's a hard lesson but one that i will never forget or learn from.
Missing my family

Bronx, NY

#104 Jan 4, 2013
concerned wrote:
like all of you i also have had a terrible time understanding what is actually happening to me after i treated. i thought it was a done deal only to go nuts with itching after a week of the treatment and then retreated but then did not see any improvement of the itching and new sites of rash. it is now going on 4 weeks and new pimples show up.
after reading the posts i am relieved that my post condition is normal.
That still doesn't console me. i am itching like crazy and still seeing new rashes. i am very fastidious with cleanliness so i reason that it is a process that will resolve itself.
when my friend told me she had a rash and showed it to me, i didn't even think that it was a contagious scabies condition but only an allergy of some sort. i didn't deduce at the time that she flopped around Oakland and SF couch surfing and sleeping with rock musicians.
Boy, it's a hard lesson but one that i will never forget or learn from.
How long does you rash and pimples last?
bumps

Deridder, LA

#105 Jan 19, 2013
I have itchy bumps all over. They only seem to surface at night. Some have formed a scab after applying anti itch cream but I do not have any burrows. The doctor only looked at me for a minute no testing or anything but said it is scabies. How can I make sure
acute paranoia

United States

#106 Apr 10, 2013
It has been several month s since my brother was first diagnosed with scabies and spread the parasites through out our family. my parents have been separated for a long time and so I don't live in the same house as my brother and was the last to be infected. I received perm treatment and have covered my entire body in the stuff three times roughly every seven days with spot treatments in between. I cleaned my entire house and sprayed every thing several times. It has been almost two Weeks since my last dose and new bumps continue to pop up and I still itch. A friend of mine that I spend time with just came to me with the same bumps and itches, I am afraid that I have it to him and if I did have we just been passing out back andforth or what? Will this ever leave? I feel like i'm on my last string. Please help
postscabies

Pasadena, TX

#107 Oct 1, 2013
Thanks for posting this! I had scabies over a yr ago and every couple months i get an irritating rash with red bumps on the back of one leg. They go away in a week or so then come back again grrr
maraknocka

Charleston, SC

#108 Oct 1, 2013
It has been 4 months for our family and I still get little tiny bumps here or there outa nowhere, also our 2 yr old is still getting rash/bumps on ankles and elbows, have had 3 biopsies and no scabies but eczema and dermatitis from the scabies. This has messed with my mind like nothing ever has. I am still washing my sheets every day. I wouldn't wish this on anybody, I would've rather had lice then I could atleast see it but what I cant see drives me nuts. I still itch terribly after exercise or warm showers. my husband and other daughter did the treatment and that was it, no more bumps, no long term scratching, nothing, just healed within in a week or so. who knows why some people just do the basic and its over and why some people are in agony for weeks and months
survivor

London, UK

#109 Dec 14, 2013
Ive used perm 7 times a week apart, in conjunction with tea tree oil, neem oil and clove oil. Ive seen 8 different docs who didnt have a clue! After reading everyones posts, I think I'm post scabies. I still get the odd red non itchy pimple/bump and I find rubbing turmeric on it, soothes them straight away. I still itch but, not as bad as when I first contracted scabies. I'd just like to say a big thank you to everyones comments on this forum because, I honestly thought I was losing it and I have totally lost faith in 'learned doctors'. Without forums like this, I would have not known about herbal remedies, borax, the life cycle of scabies, the best creams to eradicate them and to soothe the skin or post scabies as, doctors don't tell you these things. Thank you thank you thank you. For those who are still struggling with this life changing terrible infliction, I send you my love and positive energy. Stay strong and persevere! You'll get there. Lots of love

Survivor

Xxxxx
Michelle

Cortland, NY

#110 Dec 16, 2013
Can someone tell me if they have used oral ivermectin (stromectol), and if so what was the dosage and for how long did you take it??
B in ohio

Dayton, OH

#111 Feb 19, 2014
I was exposed to Scabies in October, unknowingly, from a client I was taking care of. I am a home health aide. Anyway, I thought I was being bit by fleas, as I've never experienced scabies before. I didn't get a diagnosis til january, and I thought I was going to scratch my skin off. I have scars on my legs etc.... Before I went to the Dr, I had used Tea tree oil spray (Imade it myself) This seemed to help some, but not enough to get rid of these nasty critters. Anyway, after seeing the Dr and getting the cream, my husband had to be treated as well, I thought I was done. butttt a week or so later, I noticed more spots and the intense itching started all over again. We used it again, and this time I washed everything every day for a few days, and now every 3 days, my sheets bedding etc... I finally feel free from the itch, but I have a spot, along my bra line, under my breast that remains a large bump. It was one of the original bites. I keep putting creams etc...but it is a hard bump under the skin and slightly red. Any ideas on why it is there, and won't go away?
paranoid mom

Columbus, OH

#112 Mar 18, 2014
I have litterally spent the entire day looking a photos of rashes and reading about scabies lol.

My 23 month old daughter was diagnosed 3 weeks ago. After the permethrin they started to go away but then came back with a vengeance so I reapplied the cream (my entire family) and did all the laundry again. I have gone crazy sanitizing and isolating everything thst could be contaminated. I turned my water heater all the way up so thst the washe basically boiled all my clothes. I even took the covers off my couch cushions and washed those. After week 2 things looked even better but the spots started coming back again so even though it freaked me out I did the treatment on her one last time. Im done with it not putting anymore on. I am so grateful for these posts on here talking about how long the rash and bumps persist even after the treatment it makes me feel so much better. I did schedule an appointment with a dermatologist for next week and im going to request a skin scraping for peace of mind. I have been concerned that she didnt even have scabies but nothing I have found sounds as close to her symptoms as scabies. I did have a couple spots but didnt really have itching or that skin crawling sensation until adter I did the permethrin.... after reading so many stories about that skin crawling sensation I am starting to believe its a side affect of the cream, not the actual scabies.

My daughter has not had the typical symptoms... they itched her hit have not really bothered her unless she took a bath. Most of the spots have been around her diaper area but not in skin folds. Right kow the rash is on her cheeks and her stomach and butt mostly. The bumps are pretty big and have little white heads in many of them like pimples. I have never seen anything on her that looks like a burrow. She doesnt have them on her feet or her armpits or between her fingers or toes. But its been a very cold winter here and she has had most of her symptoms during the winter so my guess is that they stayed where it was warm. The bump I had on my arm started like a mosquito bite them turned into a pimple. None of us have felt that intense unbearable itch described on many of the threads i have read. My daughter has had these bumps since the end of the summer... going on 7 months. Her dr misdiagnosed it back in october as eczema because she didnt listen to me about them looking like pimples. At first I thought it was chicken pox from her vaccine but they didnt go away. I have no clue how she caught it because I stay home and she doesnt go to daycare. My guess is church nursery or a changing table in restroom or something because she is very shy and doesnt get held by strangers and doesnt really play with other kids.

This whole experience is bizzare and scary and so stressful. But im going to just try and chill out and trust that the treatment worked and that she is scabie free now and just having post scabies symptoms.

I hope this gets some info out there and reassures someone. I will try to post again after the derm appt next week.
paranoid mom

Columbus, OH

#114 Mar 24, 2014
Well its been almost a week. She is still getting new bumps on her but and the front of her thighs. I have a breakout on my face that has been itchy but its hard to know if its a breakout caused by the peremthrin or from scabies. I bought some sulphur soap and lathered and put itbon my face and slept overnight and it cleared everything up.

I started bathing both my kids with the sulphur soap and have been bathing them with tea tree soap I have from paul mitchell because my hubby had it and hasnt got them so we thought maybe it was keeping him from catching them.

So far for me, other than my face, I have still felt itchy but not had any rashes.

But then last night my son was scratching and I found bumps on him (he never even really had symptoms before!) On each of his hips. He hasnt had a spot in two weeks after the last treatment, but he has several now and they itch. I have also never seen anything on him or any of us that looks like a track mark. Ive seen bumps in a line, is that a track?

Still have a derm appointment for wednesday for my daughter. Hopefully some of my questions will be answered.

What makes me doubt this diagnosis is the fact that my daughter has basically had this for 7 months and none of us showed any symptoms until this last month... mostly AFTER treatment. But nothing else I have read makes sense.

Adter last night I went on amazon and searched scabies and found a lot of info in reviews of several products. I bought sulphur ointment and more sulphur soap, and found a jug of peremethrin 10% liquid that several reviewers had success treating scabies by mixing it 50/50 with lotion. Im not sure I will do that but I figured having it and spraying down the house with it would help kill any in the environment. The Amazon reviews had people using it for horses and dogs, and to repel bugs from their yards with success. I found iut reading there that peremethrin is plant based and made from the chrysanthium plant, and is non toxic to humans and most animals (toxic to cats). That definitely put me more at ease since I was freaking out that I was putting pesticide on my little babies!

I have washed all our clothes all our bedding bleached down our beds and ironed them with steam, last night bleached sprayed the toys and the pleather recliner the kids watch tv in. I bleached sprayed the whole playroom. Im going to vacuum down there again and put the vacuum in the garage. Going through today and bagging up all linens and stuffed animals not in use and putting them in garage. Then I will be washing all our bedding AGAIN. I think warm baths in the night for my kids will be happening the next couple months until this gets better.

I promise to keep checking in... I want to follow up a lot and hopefully help others like me that are reading these posts and then not hearing anything and not knowing if these people are actually cured or not!
paranoid mom

Columbus, OH

#115 Mar 26, 2014
I am so happy to share that we never had scabies in the first place. My daughter has folliculitis caused by some sort of bacteria so she will be taking bleach baths and an ointment twice a day prescribed by the dermatologist. He took a swab of one of the pimple things and will be testing for what type of bateria it is. My son has some red bumps that dont look like her rash but I think they are either from the scabies treatment we had been done or what I really thinknit might be is the fact that for some reason this last week he has been wettting the bed and sleeping in peed up underwear all night long. I assume having urine soaked underwear against your skin for several hours would cause a rash. Since the rash is onky where his underwear touches his skin.

I think that this proves that post scabies is a real thing and caused by the peremethrin. I had the crawling sensations several times after treatment and never before we did it. The lotion also broke me out in pimples all over my face and in my private areas when the skin is more sensitive. I have felt very itchy since we did the lotion and have even had hives randomly.... and WE NEVER EVEN HAD SCABIES. It goes to show ya, that the sife effects of the peremethrin are pretty strong. My husband did not have itching but the lotion made him sick to his stomach both times we treated. So if you have treated and still have bumps and rashes do not put that crap back on your body again, let your skin heal and remember this isnt cancer, they are mites and a rash. Its kot the end of the world. Youcan still function in everyday society. Good luck everyone. God bless.
Michelle

Cortland, NY

#116 Mar 27, 2014
Bleach baths?? How can that be safe?? Just wondering. You would think that would be harsh on your skin!
Lsb

Sicklerville, NJ

#117 Apr 5, 2014
My seventeen y/o son was itching like mad especially his genital area. I bought him cortisone..oatmeal lotion..lotramin jock itch spray..calamine...etc. then I noticed small raised bumps on his hands, in between fingers, thighs, feet. Took him to the family doctor he prescribed steroids oral and cream. Of course he thought it was some kind of contact dermatitis. This continued for over a month. Took him to the dermatologist she advised him to continue on steroid cream. Finally at his follow up she mentioned scabies, but then said it couldn't be that because no one in the home had it! Let me tell you NO ONE ELSE HAD IT..and it is scabies. I asked her to please call in the 5% permethrin to the pharmacy. He applied the cream...two hours after treatment you could actually see (if you look closely) the brown dot at the end of the pimples. After doing some research, articles stated this is normal. Finally I feel be no longer has to suffer. Gutted his room..washed everything completely in very hot water. He must retreat in 7 days. These things are a nightmare.
Jamie

Mishawaka, IN

#118 Apr 6, 2014
I got scabies in January. Treated, healed, everything was fine (although the cream dried out my skin like crazy). But now, 3 months later, I'm getting itchy dots on my right hand and between my right fingers again! I don't know if I have scabies again (from my new boyfriend) or if it's just post-scabies craziness. I'm putting tea tree oil on the itchy dots and it helps - even starts taking away some redness in the dots - but I'm just scared it's scabies again.:-(
badbugs

Denham Springs, LA

#119 Apr 19, 2014
I caught these buggers Jan 2013. Took me about two months to figure it out, thought it was poison ivy. Did a treatment (perm) in March and two weeks later. On the second treatment I slept in the garage on a cot changing out the sleeping bag every day for five days and sprayed the floor with bleach every morning. So I did get rid of them.

One year later I still have small round red spots on occasion and the raised red bumps. The discolorations go away pretty fast, the bumps sometimes stay around 2 weeks. If I scratch they get bigger and redder for a while then go back down. Most of the bumps are on the arms and to a lesser extent on the stomach. Just when I think they are gone boom they will pop up again. Getting very sick of it. Perhaps I have something else.

I need to go to the doc I guess. This has sucked.

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#120 Apr 20, 2014
I was diagnosed in February (along with the rest of my family) by a dermatologist. I had classic scabies. Since then, we have done several rounds of permethrin and ivermectin. I am the only one who still has symptoms, so I am living in a different area of the home. I have always been a very clean person (almost OCD about it). I have been to the derm 5 or 6 times since the initial diagnosis and all the scrapings have been negative since the initial diagnosis. I am a scientist. I must have post scabies, but it's very hard for me to accept that when I still am getting new bumps on my hand (usually 2-3 at a time, they go away, then 2 more come, etc...). The emotional toll this has taken on me is immense. I've cut everyone out of my life for fear it's not post scabies and I may infect them. This is so traumatizing. I'm having a really hard time chalking it up to post scabies. How long does this last?
Michelle

Cortland, NY

#121 Apr 20, 2014
Leede I still have symptoms. I had them on my face for almost two years and every time I would tell a dr that they were scabies I was always told they don't go above the neck. What a line of bs. I was so allergic to them like a person is allergic to bee stings. I couldn't eat any food without it reacting. I was treated with the perm cream and ivermectin in dec 2013. Symptoms began in May 2012. It is taking a very long time to clear up from around my nostrils ugh!!

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#122 Apr 20, 2014
Michelle wrote:
Leede I still have symptoms. I had them on my face for almost two years and every time I would tell a dr that they were scabies I was always told they don't go above the neck. What a line of bs. I was so allergic to them like a person is allergic to bee stings. I couldn't eat any food without it reacting. I was treated with the perm cream and ivermectin in dec 2013. Symptoms began in May 2012. It is taking a very long time to clear up from around my nostrils ugh!!
I agree. Doctors are very ignorant about the fact that it can involve the face. I have never had an itchy nose until I got scabies. I'm just praying all day every day I can move on with my life. My children need their mom back.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nustock ointment 59 min Depressed and anx... 4
scabies wana be's 1 hr Some one help 7
scabies gone in few minutes 2 hr Some one help 1
is stromectol legal in the U.S 2 hr Some one help 6
Morgellons not scabies (Jan '07) 3 hr In_UK2 61
The ONLY Scabies cure that actually worked - Ps... (Jun '14) 7 hr HEALTH 38
ivermectin dosage chart and info (Oct '11) 14 hr In_UK2 650
How did I get rid of scabies in three seconds (Oct '11) Tue rene 458
how do i get rid of scabies once and for all? i... (Feb '07) Dec 9 betseyB 4,182
More from around the web