Why do the mites always start biting as soon as you lie down in your bed?

Posted in the Scabies Forum

Comments
1 - 12 of 12 Comments Last updated Jul 1, 2010
DHR

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2010

Judged:

Does anyone know why it feels like the mites start biting you as soon as you lie down during daylight hours and/or when you put pressure on your skin from sitting? Perhaps they are just crawling around on your skin or sleeping and when you lie down the pressure against the skin angers them or freaks them out so they start biting.
Yesterday, I tried vacuuming my back and body before I lay down in bed and for the very first time I was surprised that I didn't feel any biting when I hit the sack. They can't be climbing on me from my mattress when I get into bed because the biting is instantaneous and happens too fast. They wouldn't have time to find me or get on my body that fast so I'm thinking that they are already on me and just sleeping because since they are nocturnal that means they must be sleeping on me during the daytime.
Has anyone else tried vacuuming their body with any success?
Recovery1

Barcelona, Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2010

Judged:

hi dhr, i got this too as did my mum. after scabies treatments it seemed to continue however and turned out to be either something else alltogether or residual skin infection/fungus/nerve triggering which may have arisen as a result of the treatments. that could explain why it happens when pressure is applied to the area. what meds have you taken? you could try an antifungal treatment to see if it helps (lamisil for example). in our cases the pricks and skin sensations took several months to disappear and we needed the antifungals for at least 3 months treatment.
Armed and Fabulous

San Anselmo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2010

Recovery1 wrote:
hi dhr, i got this too as did my mum. after scabies treatments it seemed to continue however and turned out to be either something else alltogether or residual skin infection/fungus/nerve triggering which may have arisen as a result of the treatments. that could explain why it happens when pressure is applied to the area. what meds have you taken? you could try an antifungal treatment to see if it helps (lamisil for example). in our cases the pricks and skin sensations took several months to disappear and we needed the antifungals for at least 3 months treatment.
Hi Recovery,
Did you or your mom ever have scabies or mites, or was it the fungal infection all along?
Could you describe what your skin spots or conditions looked like during the fungal infection phase? And did you have anything visible coming off of your skin?
The reason I am curious is that I keep thinking that I am done with this stuff, but get a spot here and there, and just go throug a long healing process of one track under my chin. I'd like to believe that I have something a little easier to cure at this point and am not still warding off a re-infestation of mites, but I do still see a lot of tiny white grains and tiny tiny white slivers coming off of my skin in the affected areas. I'm going to see a pet dermatologist this week to see if my cat has anything left on her that might be passing my way. If I get any meaningful information one way or the other it's on the the human dermatologist.
Would love to hear what you think.
Thanks for keeping in touch and posting!
-Armed
DHR

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2010

Judged:

Recovery1 wrote:
The only meds I ingested were Ivermectin twice many months ago, which were worthless, and antihistamines for the itching. Nevertheless, I have continued with the vacuuming of my body for several days now and particularly on my back where I seem to have the most biting sensations.

I don't know if it is coincidence or not, but the vacuuming of my body seems to be an effective tool that is working. The terrible biting sensations on my back have stopped now for the very first time as well as on the rest of my body. I'm feeling the best I've felt since coming down with these mites in August 2009, and I'm starting to believe this vacuuming of my body is a step in the right direction.

The only thing previously that would soothe my body from all the biting sensations was Vaseline morning and night. I assumed the Vaseline was smothering them. I haven't used any Vaseline in two days now and the biting sensations are gone. Like I said, I don't know if it is just coincidence or not, but I plan to keep up the vacuuming several times a day and find out.

I'm starting to believe that these mites, being nocturnal, are sleeping on my body during the day and that when I lie down the pressure on them angers or irritates them and causes them to start biting me. I am lying down right now, just finished vacuuming my back, and I have absolutely no biting sensations. I'm actually starting to feel like I'm cured but only time will tell.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2010

Judged:

My problem is basically an over abundance of demodex mites; which, in normal numbers, are a completely normal thing for all of us to have. I've read several places that the only humans who don't have demodex are newborns.
I believe I've probably also been host to a mild infection that has contributed to demodex proliferation.
I figure when I do get the population reduced; I'll have to continue controlling it always. If they became so over-populated--they'll just do it again. For whatever reason; my body is prone to them in numbers that cause problems.

Using meds from dermatologist and remedies in this forum, supplements I use, and borax/water I found online (1/8-1/4 tsp borax in 1 liter water--Ted from Bankok)) consumed throughout the day--I'm gaining ground (and sanity).

This forum has been great for me. This isn't something we can easily talk about and share information with just anyone.

Welcome DHR. Hope you'll find help here. I have, and am very grateful for it!
Sig
DHR

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2010

Judged:

Sig Olson wrote:
Welcome DHR. Hope you'll find help here. I have, and am very grateful for it!
Sig
Thanks, Sig. I'm determined to end this ordeal this month otherwise my summer will be unbearable in the summer heat, and I would like to do something fun this summer.

Well, tonight around 11pm I found a small rash on the inside of my wrist about two inches from my scaphoid carpal. I knew it was mite related right away. Apparently a larvae found me from somewhere and had come to feast on me and then burrow. I didn't waste any time looking at it under my biological microscope. What I saw appeared to be a burrowed larvae barely under the skin. I could even see what appeared to be the head of the larvae. The larvae was incredibly small and was even too small to be seen with a magnifying glass. I put some Permethrin on the rash area after I showered.

I will continue to vacuum my body and attempt to sleep and get through my day without putting any Vaseline on my body. It's been a couple of hours since I applied the Permethrin and the area seems to be all cleared up already. Again, only time will tell how this new setback will play out.
Mike

Van Buren, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2010

Judged:

Have you made an effort to have someone else evaluate the symptoms that you have.
I think it might all be happening in your mind and not your body.
DHR

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2010

Judged:

Mike wrote:
Have you made an effort to have someone else evaluate the symptoms that you have. I think it might all be happening in your mind and not your body.
The answer to your question is, "Yes."

Nevertheless, I just finished vacuuming my mind. Do you think these little cooties are all gone now?
Mike

Van Buren, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2010

Judged:

DHR wrote:
<quoted text>
The answer to your question is, "Yes."
Nevertheless, I just finished vacuuming my mind. Do you think these little cooties are all gone now?
Actually I think you are either crazy as hell or you are trying to play games with people that really need help. Makes no difference to me cause I am cured. I was gonna stay around and try to help but it's people like you that have made me want to move on to a sane section of the forum. Have fun with your vacuum! See yah

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2010

Judged:

DHR wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, Sig. I'm determined to end this ordeal this month otherwise my summer will be unbearable in the summer heat, and I would like to do something fun this summer.
Well, tonight around 11pm I found a small rash on the inside of my wrist about two inches from my scaphoid carpal. I knew it was mite related right away. Apparently a larvae found me from somewhere and had come to feast on me and then burrow. I didn't waste any time looking at it under my biological microscope. What I saw appeared to be a burrowed larvae barely under the skin. I could even see what appeared to be the head of the larvae. The larvae was incredibly small and was even too small to be seen with a magnifying glass. I put some Permethrin on the rash area after I showered.
I will continue to vacuum my body and attempt to sleep and get through my day without putting any Vaseline on my body. It's been a couple of hours since I applied the Permethrin and the area seems to be all cleared up already. Again, only time will tell how this new setback will play out.
Please do fun things no matter what!!!! 1 foot in front of the other.....
Recovery1

Parets, Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2010

Judged:

hi DHR, the spots we had looked red with a tiny watery. they looked a lot like mosquito bits and could be very small or very large.

they were not sore or very itchy in general, though my mum reported itching quite a bit. they would appear round the hairline, on scalp, down neck, shoulders, under arm and between legs most often. sometimes they would appear symmetrically on different sides of the body.

we are still not sure if it was the fungal infection all along or if we actually had scables and the use of meds invoked a following fungus - which looked very similar. early on in the ordeal we got a very strong crawling feeling that would break out seemingly randomly and last for hours. the spots would usually appear the next morning.

docs were fairly useless as some said scabies others couldnt be sure. scabies meds did seem to help though, at least initially. i did twice see black specks of dirt under the skin and also under a nail and had to dig them out with a pin.

we never saw white things or anything similar coming from the skin though. the bites felt like pin pricks and took the longest time - even after antifungal treatments - to go away.
Jen

Milton Keynes, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2010

Hi DHR
I believe you have biting mites!!! when you go to bed you can feel the pinprick sensation or the little blighters crawling on your face like a hair on your face but look in the mirror and you can't see anything? I know exactly what you mean. Here's an easier way to get some sleep:-
Take a spray bottle add Vodka and some drops of Eucalyptus Oil and spray yourself and the bed.
(Hope you like the smell they don't)Also
Get a tub of normal household salt and sprinkle it all over the carpet at night (that should kill some)then vacuum it up in the morning.
There is not much info on the internet but I think that if you keep this up for about 3 weeks the salt should also kill their eggs. Good Luck if you try this please let me know how you get on

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

160 Users are viewing the Scabies Forum right now

Search the Scabies Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Scabies on face and scalp? (Aug '07) 1 hr Marie 863
how best to clean leather sofa (Jan '11) 3 hr Susan 15
Psorinum........homeopathic cure for Scabies? (Sep '11) 9 hr Bangalorean 103
Suicide because of Scabies? (Oct '09) 13 hr weneedtrees 199
cured without poison (Aug '07) 13 hr weneedtrees 5
prickling sensation...post medication/mites? (m... (Jul '10) 16 hr BurrowThis 24
Bartonella-like bacteria carried by domestic mi... Mon FRED 9
The solution for scabies is Bleach. This is the... (Mar '12) Mon poly 130
how do i get rid of scabies once and for all? i... (Feb '07) Sun Adana 4,093
ivermectin dosage chart and info (Oct '11) Jul 26 itchee 614
Do you get new bumps after post-scabies? (Sep '11) Jul 26 Inconsistencies 223
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••