arm & hammer baking soda (not launder...

arm & hammer baking soda (not laundery detergent)

Posted in the Scabies Forum

HelpMe

Seoul, Korea

#1 May 4, 2010
All right. Here is my question, again. Please help me.

Not only the "A&H powder Detergent Free of Perfume and Dye" but also the "A&H baking soda" does work?
Unfortunantely, that stuff laundry Detergent can be bought nowhere I live. The thing I can purchase is baking soda.

Another question is whether it is okay to use A&H baking soda for washing my face or eyewashing. I feel that the bugs live in my eyes, nose and scalf. What if, the a&h baking soda get into my eyes? Will I be going to go blind? If then, how could you treat your eyes?

I know that as far as scabies concerned there is no need of "helpful cure". The mere "Helpful cure" is useless. Because "Helpful cure" just bring about reinfection. So the only thing we need is "complete cure" !

So please tell me. Is there anyone who was completely cured by using only "a&h baking soda" ?

Please help me..

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#2 May 4, 2010
Helpme,
The ingredient that Arm and hammer contains that kills the bugs is sodium carbonate. It is also called washing soda. Some people have found sodium bicaronate (baking soda) somewhat helpful, but IME the washing soda works far better. It is a much harsher chemical compared to baking soda, but still not too bad. Is is possible that you might be able to get sodium carbonate under another brand name? It is a very old fashioned cleaning aid. Arm and hammer just happens to be the only brand here that still manufactures it (as far as I know).
Duh Huh

United States

#3 May 4, 2010
itchygirl wrote:
Helpme,
The ingredient that Arm and hammer contains that kills the bugs is sodium carbonate. It is also called washing soda. Some people have found sodium bicaronate (baking soda) somewhat helpful, but IME the washing soda works far better. It is a much harsher chemical compared to baking soda, but still not too bad. Is is possible that you might be able to get sodium carbonate under another brand name? It is a very old fashioned cleaning aid. Arm and hammer just happens to be the only brand here that still manufactures it (as far as I know).
Sodium carbonate, which is also known as soda ash or washing soda.
You can buy 5lb bags of soda ash at any pool supply.
HelpMe

Seoul, Korea

#4 May 4, 2010
Is there anyone who could not completely be cured despite using 'A&H powder Detergent Free of Perfume and Dye'?
Joe

Hollywood, FL

#5 May 4, 2010
HelpMe wrote:
Is there anyone who could not completely be cured despite using 'A&H powder Detergent Free of Perfume and Dye'?
I used the Arm and Hammer Laundry Detergent in my bath for about 5 days straight. After about the 5 day, I felt lots of crawlies while trying to sleep. It really made my hair dry and my skin dry, so I put olive oil on my legs and arms and used plenty of hair conditioner for my hair. I stopped using it. Ivermectin helps alot with scabies.(If the permethrin is not working, the next stop is ivermectin).
HelpMe

Seoul, Korea

#6 May 4, 2010
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
I used the Arm and Hammer Laundry Detergent in my bath for about 5 days straight. After about the 5 day, I felt lots of crawlies while trying to sleep. It really made my hair dry and my skin dry, so I put olive oil on my legs and arms and used plenty of hair conditioner for my hair. I stopped using it. Ivermectin helps alot with scabies.(If the permethrin is not working, the next stop is ivermectin).
Hi Joe. I have aleady tried iver and permethrin many times. That things were helpful, but could not be a 'complete cure' to me. And then I read the 'arm & hammer' posting here. It seems some people tried 'a&h detergent' and succeeded in cure. So I thought I would try 'arm & hammer'. But if a&h is not a 'complete cure for everyone' and just can be a 'cure for some case', that would be very disappointing me.

Oh God! Why did you created the human if you would grant scabies admittance to the world??? Are you a sadist?

Location hidden

#7 May 4, 2010
Duh Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice to know. I have seen washing soda, but it seems to be pretty hard to find in my neck of the woods. I wasn't aware that you can find it under another name at pool supply stores. I have been thinking that I might try adding sodium carbonate to regular detergent for washing clothes. I have been using Arm and Hammer powder for quite some time, but it doesn't come in 'he', which is what I'm really supposed to be using in my machine. This might be a good alternative. Thanks!
buggie

Santa Fe, NM

#8 May 4, 2010
Duh Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, that's really great to know. Thanks. Maybe that poster could find it now (I can't see her name from here). Also I don't believe one thing "cures." I think good habits, consistent habits, and a full list of helpful tools works.
Bill In Mich

United States

#10 May 7, 2010
Dear help me
God is a very present help in times of trouble . He will help you Call on Him . For except the Lord build the house they labor in vain that build it .
. For the eyes I wet them with water & I use betadine wiped on my eyelids & brows with my eyes closed , I leave it on & my eyes closed for 5 mins then rinse well .It kills all of them .
For my nose I use 1 tsp borax & 1 cup of water & put my finger in the water & finger the mix up my nose for 30 mins & couple of times, it kills them.
For the hair a bath in arm & hammer powdered laundry soap is great for 30 mins , it has never bothered my eyes at this low concentration ,
If I can't bathe I use 1 teasp per cup of water in a handy shampoo bottle to apply the mix & leave on for 5 mins to 3 hrs , then rinse.
If all this does not work completly repeat the next day & for 6 weeks after all symptoms disappear , tapper down the concentrations as all symtoms disappear, but don't stop. Pray constanltly , repent of all sins , God will help you , He is wonderful .
Another great mix is
16 oz regular 3% peroxide
2 tbls borax
32 oz of water
mix it for 30 secs & apply to total body top of head to toes.& leve on till nect shower , repeat I did it for 19 days , it killed them , it is painless, try a little on your arm it like water , but works
For dry hair 2 tbls coconut oil in the tub will make hair like new instantly , it a miracle & leaves a protective film on skin.

God bless you ,

Bill
HelpMe wrote:
All right. Here is my question, again. Please help me.
Not only the "A&H powder Detergent Free of Perfume and Dye" but also the "A&H baking soda" does work?
Unfortunantely, that stuff laundry Detergent can be bought nowhere I live. The thing I can purchase is baking soda.
Another question is whether it is okay to use A&H baking soda for washing my face or eyewashing. I feel that the bugs live in my eyes, nose and scalf. What if, the a&h baking soda get into my eyes?
.....cure". " ?
Please help me..
birdmitestorture d

United States

#11 May 7, 2010
Bill In Mich wrote:
Dear help me
God is a very present help in times of trouble . He will help you Call on Him . For except the Lord build the house they labor in vain that build it .
. For the eyes I wet them with water & I use betadine wiped on my eyelids & brows with my eyes closed , I leave it on & my eyes closed for 5 mins then rinse well .It kills all of them .
For my nose I use 1 tsp borax & 1 cup of water & put my finger in the water & finger the mix up my nose for 30 mins & couple of times, it kills them.
For the hair a bath in arm & hammer powdered laundry soap is great for 30 mins , it has never bothered my eyes at this low concentration ,
If I can't bathe I use 1 teasp per cup of water in a handy shampoo bottle to apply the mix & leave on for 5 mins to 3 hrs , then rinse.
If all this does not work completly repeat the next day & for 6 weeks after all symptoms disappear , tapper down the concentrations as all symtoms disappear, but don't stop. Pray constanltly , repent of all sins , God will help you , He is wonderful .
Another great mix is
16 oz regular 3% peroxide
2 tbls borax
32 oz of water
mix it for 30 secs & apply to total body top of head to toes.& leve on till nect shower , repeat I did it for 19 days , it killed them , it is painless, try a little on your arm it like water , but works
For dry hair 2 tbls coconut oil in the tub will make hair like new instantly , it a miracle & leaves a protective film on skin.
God bless you ,
Bill
<quoted text>
If god helps all the time how come you're still suffering with this nightmare?, because as far as I know you've been dealing with the mites problem for a while already. No that I don't believe in God is just that I'm so annoyed and disgusted with this mite nightmare (not scabies) that it pisses me off when some one talks about God. God has nothing to do with this!There is no need to mention his name because there would be no help from him, otherwise we wouldn't be spending time reading and writing about the mites on Topix. We are on our own on this one!
Ultra Violet

United States

#12 May 7, 2010
birdmitestortured wrote:
<quoted text> If god helps all the time how come you're still suffering with this nightmare?, because as far as I know you've been dealing with the mites problem for a while already. No that I don't believe in God is just that I'm so annoyed and disgusted with this mite nightmare (not scabies) that it pisses me off when some one talks about God. God has nothing to do with this!There is no need to mention his name because there would be no help from him, otherwise we wouldn't be spending time reading and writing about the mites on Topix. We are on our own on this one!
birdmitestortured,

You need to slow down a bit.
How do you know God hasn't answered us and we just haven't been paying attention ?

We are all too spoiled to "instant" everything.
How many treatments have you abandoned because you didn't get relief after 2 or 3 times ?
Have you ever considered that your "it" may not be mites... that it could be something else ? That God answered your prayers and cured your mites but, you hadn't ask him to help with anything else.

Our prayers are along the lines of "God help me get rid of these mites.". Maybe we might have more success if we just prayed for him to help us find what will help us cure our afflictions.

I do not know if you are an atheist or agnostic.
If you are either it is because you turned your back on him.
He never turned his back on you.

Your rant does not make you sound very intelligent.
Lack of faith only makes you sound sad and confused.

UV
merry beth

United States

#13 May 7, 2010
Well said UV ...... Well said
God bless I believe that HE will show and is showing different ones of you some cure but there is a real cure there somewhere. And if we ask ,someone will be theone that has the answer. WE are to ask for wisdom, how many of us do that??? I am guilty of that one
Ultra Violet

United States

#14 May 7, 2010
merry beth wrote:
Well said UV ...... Well said
God bless I believe that HE will show and is showing different ones of you some cure but there is a real cure there somewhere. And if we ask ,someone will be theone that has the answer. WE are to ask for wisdom, how many of us do that??? I am guilty of that one
I always ask the Lord for guidance.
My way of letting him know that I am his to lead and that I will follow. I like to keep him personally involved.

UV
Vizio

United States

#15 May 13, 2010
itchygirl wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice to know. I have seen washing soda, but it seems to be pretty hard to find in my neck of the woods. I wasn't aware that you can find it under another name at pool supply stores. I have been thinking that I might try adding sodium carbonate to regular detergent for washing clothes. I have been using Arm and Hammer powder for quite some time, but it doesn't come in 'he', which is what I'm really supposed to be using in my machine. This might be a good alternative. Thanks!
itchy girl,

I was able to find some at Kroger's. You may want to check there if you have one in your area.

Location hidden

#16 May 14, 2010
Thanks Viz. We don't have Kroger. But we have a discount grocery and closeout store that just happened to get in a load of pool supplies, including sodium carbonate. So now I'm set.
Vizio

United States

#17 May 15, 2010
itchygirl wrote:
Thanks Viz. We don't have Kroger. But we have a discount grocery and closeout store that just happened to get in a load of pool supplies, including sodium carbonate. So now I'm set.
Glad you found some! I bought a couple of boxes of the washing soda awhile back. I used some in my car and it helped. I think I will start using it in my front loader once we hook it back up in a couple of weeks...
ladybird

Worcester Park, UK

#18 Jan 22, 2011
Hi all, when desperate, read the book of Job in the Bible. Job was a sincere man who prayed and did not stop praying just because he got scabies or something of the sort. He just hung on to God no matter what. That is the only way to live. Any other thing is just living with lies. SO let's do whatever cures we can and pray in addition. Prayer is strong, it will help us. Being ill does not mean God has forgotten you. Don't ever give up on Christ. Why perish our souls just because we've got scabies. No way, thank God for every new step and for cleansing our souls and redeeming us to real joy and giving. At least for me, scabies has brought to light who are the people around me who really care about me. Also it has made me more humble and focused on what is important. You can do lots of good things praying and through the internet whilst you are battling with this thing.Sponsor a child through World Vision. Loan through Kiva. And never give up hope. We WILL get better, through helping each other out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Scabies-washing clothes (Jan '12) 58 min journey2noScabies 46
Just what are those black pepper spots? (Nov '09) 7 hr Faith 43
How long does Ivermectin take to work? (Mar '10) 19 hr Sam 215
ivermectin dosage chart and info (Oct '11) Mon BuggBigelow59 901
I need help with puppy w/sarcoptic mange affect... (Mar '11) Mon BuggBigelow59 6
White and black specks...crawlies....scratch ma... (Jan '08) Mon concerned 140
How long do EXTERNAL eggs and mites take to die... (Nov '09) Mon Marie 96
More from around the web