#42 Jan 6, 2009
NOTE on LAST NOTE
PEROXIDE will CHANGE HAIR COLOR
FOR PERSONS THAT PUT THIS ON HAIR.....
I am a liscenced Hairdresser 22 years
judy

Thunder Bay, Canada

#43 Jan 16, 2009
When I had scabies it was the most horrible thing , I felt uncomfortable around everyone and thought it would never end,there is a quick way to end your breakout safely. Permethrin does not work folks if you have had scabies for a couple weeks and it is dangerous.

"STOP Scabies Pain And Itching From Home, In 24 Hours Or Less With No Doctors, No Wasted Money, And No Drugs..."

http://dwarfurl.com/15b76
tessaray

West Liberty, KY

#44 Feb 13, 2009
My grandson has scabies. I want to know if i need to treat our pets too. And how to clean my home to get rid of these scabies?
lisa

Thunder Bay, Canada

#46 Feb 19, 2009
When I had scabies it was the most horrible thing , I felt uncomfortable around everyone and thought it would never end,there is a quick way to end your breakout safely. Permethrin does not work folks if you have had scabies for a couple weeks and it is dangerous.

"STOP Scabies Pain And Itching From Home, In 24 Hours Or Less With No Doctors, No Wasted Money, And No Drugs..."

http://dwarfurl.com/15b76
morgellonsdude

United States

#47 Feb 19, 2009
I'm sorry you have this condition. I had the symptoms of Morgellons for two years- before I found out the name. There is scant research done on it so far. Try morgellons-sanctum.org See if the stories match yours.

God Bless,

morgellonsdude
buggie

United States

#49 Apr 11, 2009
Tami wrote:
I know this works on Demodex mites
I mix equal parts of
Household peroxide(brings them out of hiding)
for boo-boos
Household borox Laundry detergent (kills Them)
Can buy both for less tham 4.00 at walmart
Then equal part water put it in an empty plant $1.00 spray bottle shake it up really good
warm water works best.
use this on my mini chiuaha
she was pitiful,...
<quoted text>
this is ted from thailands dog mange mite cure. Earthclinic.com click on pets. But he says shampoo and rinse dog or cat first to get the mites off and then soak the dog in this solution for 30 minutes if possible. And do not not not rinse off, just air dry...the borax that falls off dog keeps killing mites on the floor etc. This was an informative thread, I wonder how those people are doing 2 years later?
Tristaine

Cardiff, UK

#50 Apr 11, 2009
I can't seem to get rid of mine either (caught from hotel bedding).

I've used Derbac M solution twice, and they keep coming back in force. I found this study which is a bit worrying...showing how scabies mites are developing resistance:
http://www.soton.ac.uk/~ceb/Surveys/gpscabies...

I'm going out now to buy some pure essential tea tree oil and will use that daily and see if that helps. Will post results here.

Good luck getting rid of them, I know what a pain they can be!
Aurora

Mountain City, TN

#51 May 17, 2009
the listerine can work because it uses essential oil of Thyme which can kill them. but not sure of the concentration. here is some additional info that might help someone:

"i read that the sulphur doesnt really kill them. you might want to drop the sulphur and switch to essential oils. they kill on contact whereas the mite can exist for a length of time in sulphur lotion. thats the word from a Indian doctor.

WARNING: dont try this at home...(unless u test it very slowly, dont just apply it because the icy/hot feeling comes on about 2 minutes after you put it on- thats just enough time to cover your whole bidy before the peppermint (cool) and the tea tree (hot) and rosemary (hot?) starts to sink in. you will never forget it and if youre a thrill seeker then you should try this for a good 15 minute rush:)

i read someone say put 1 oz tea tree and 1 oz lavender in about 12 oz of aloe gel and apply. so i came up with my own little recipe that worked, i added peppermint which made this a thrill seekers remedy, but it worked. u might want to just leave out the peppermint lol.

i got better with the following mixture blended in a blender applied nightly after a shower and with nightly hot soapy showers with washcloth, nightly hot dryer bedsheets and daily laundary, also in dryer heat shoes, wallet, keys, change, yes its loud. rubbing alcohol/washcloth door handles/light switches, car seats/handles etc (peppermint would probably do fine instead, and maybe enzymes - or both). Also during the day i had a travel-container of it in the car and at work for before and after i went into public places. i made the lotion just thin enough to pour into a bottle. I soaked my head too and face with it for 20 mins before i showered (VERY ICY HOT!!!) definitely dilute the peppermint part for children or faint of heart. I read that the menthol vapor may be a killer to them is how the peppermint might effect them. either way this was an extremely intense experience and my skin looks and feels unbelievably healthy -like it did when i was about 5 years old. its amazing. freckles seem to be dissapearing off my shoulders or im imagining it.

12 oz Aloe Vera gel (inner fillet)
2 oz lotion (will substitute coconut oil or cocoa butter next time - its just that the aloe is too runny)
1 oz tea tree oil
1 oz Rosemary oil (reported to kill eggs)
5 ml peppermint oil (will leave this out next time - was TOO icy/hot
5 ml clove oil - reportedly can harm eggs but i may substitute with star anise oil, or oil of Tansy, or nothing.
5 ml geranium (maybe will use pennyroyal and euacalyptus instead or neither or both)

basically just get the 7% or 8% tea tree oil (or more) in a mixture with aloe gel and blend well. you can also put in whatever else you think u should - clove/anise oil (egg penetration), rosemary, and marjoram and eucalyptus oils egg penetration?/ proven insecticide, anyway ask god or something what to put in there because the pharmasutical corps certainly wont tell you what they know about the topic, and dont want you to get well because then youll quit buying their "nerve poisons"

PS to the above poster about bedding, do this:

1. apply your lotion/protector cream (such as above recipe)
2. strip sheets/pillows off and throw in corner
3. take white mattress cover off last and then throw in dryer on high for 10 or 15 minutes.
4. put it back onto bed.
5. put in sheets in dryer for 15 mins then put on bed.
6. put pillows in till very hot, put on bed
7. put blankets in one at time until very hot. then put back on bed.
do it in order. it will be a clean be every night. eventually you can cut back to 3 or 7 days.

ps i made this recipe without the peppermint, clove, and geranium and it wasnt icy at all, but felt nice (dont know if it works as well, because i seem to be cured at this point)"

if u have questions you want me to try and answer u can email me at info@scabies-cure.net
buggie

United States

#52 May 17, 2009
Aurora wrote:
the listerine can work because it uses essential oil of Thyme which can kill them. but not sure of the concentration. here is some additional info that might help someone:
"i read that the sulphur doesnt really kill them. you might want to drop the sulphur and switch to essential oils. they kill on contact whereas the mite can exist for a length of time in sulphur lotion. thats the word from a Indian doctor.
WARNING: dont try this at home...(unless u test it very slowly, dont just apply it because the icy/hot feeling comes on about 2 minutes after you put it on- thats just enough time to cover your whole bidy before the peppermint (cool) and the tea tree (hot) and rosemary (hot?) starts to sink in. you will never forget it and if youre a thrill seeker then you should try this for a good 15 minute rush:)
i read someone say put 1 oz tea tree and 1 oz lavender in about 12 oz of aloe gel and apply. so i came up with my own little recipe that worked, i added peppermint which made this a thrill seekers remedy, but it worked. u might want to just leave out the peppermint lol.
i got better with the following mixture blended in a blender applied nightly after a shower and with nightly hot soapy showers with washcloth, nightly hot dryer bedsheets and daily laundary, also in dryer heat shoes, wallet, keys, change, yes its loud. rubbing alcohol/washcloth door handles/light switches, car seats/handles etc (peppermint would probably do fine instead, and maybe enzymes - or both). Also during the day i had a travel-container of it in the car and at work for before and after i went into public places. i made the lotion just thin enough to pour into a bottle. I soaked my head too and face with it for 20 mins before i showered (VERY ICY HOT!!!) definitely dilute the peppermint part for children or faint of heart. I read that the menthol vapor may be a killer to them is how the peppermint might effect them. either way this was an extremely intense experience and my skin looks and feels unbelievably healthy -like it did when i was about 5 years old. its amazing. freckles seem to be dissapearing off my shoulders or im imagining it.
12 oz Aloe Vera gel (inner fillet)
2 oz lotion (will substitute coconut oil or cocoa butter next time - its just that the aloe is too runny)
1 oz tea tree oil
1 oz Rosemary oil (reported to kill eggs)
5 ml peppermint oil (will leave this out next time - was TOO icy/hot
5 ml clove oil - reportedly can harm eggs but i may substitute with star anise oil, or oil of Tansy, or nothing.
5 ml geranium (maybe will use pennyroyal and euacalyptus instead or neither or both)
basically just get the 7% or 8% tea tree oil (or more) in a mixture with aloe gel and blend well. you can also put in whatever else you think u should - clove/anise oil (egg penetration), rosemary, and marjoram and eucalyptus oils egg penetration?...ps i made this recipe without the peppermint, clove, and geranium and it wasnt icy at all, but felt nice
I might experiment with that, thanks. I bought edgar cayce brand alka thyme which is somewhat like listerine, and I add it to my lotion and msm potions. I just discovered that if I mix alka thyme liquid and msm powder that the msm powder disolves completely into zero grittiness, zero individual grains of sulfer. Then I add the lubriderm lotion. Handy tip that may work with regular sulfer also.
350z dude

Fort Worth, TX

#53 May 25, 2009
uhhh antibacterial soap will not kill scabies... they are mites, not bacteria...
Becoming Scabies Educated

Saint Francis, MN

#54 Aug 30, 2009
FOR ANYONE--INCLUDING ORIGINAL INQUIRER!--WHO KNOWS ABOUT USING THE 10% PERMETHRIN...
Any insight would be greatly appreciated!
To the person who started this thread--since the Martin's stuff has no PBO's--the mites RAN from the permethrin!!... SO WHAT SHOULD WE MIX IT WITH SO THAT IT HAS SOME PBO's??--BUT is still safe?... and this makes me think permethrin probably causes full body treatment mites to jump off onto bed, etc?
anyway, here's my MAIN QUESTION:
The 10% stuff is cheap and readily purchased--But I'm nervous about using it (diluted in half) because it's INSTRUCTS say to GREATLY dilute it for livestock--but is that because they're assuming it's for repellant rather than treatment purposes? Does anyone know if vets ever prescribe it for treatment full strength?
Also, it seems (1/2 diluted)it would be good for clothes dipping (which is supposed to last for weeks (even through a few washings!)... Please, does anyone know?
Joe

Hollywood, FL

#55 Aug 31, 2009
Becoming Scabies Educated wrote:
FOR ANYONE--INCLUDING ORIGINAL INQUIRER!--WHO KNOWS ABOUT USING THE 10% PERMETHRIN...
Any insight would be greatly appreciated!
To the person who started this thread--since the Martin's stuff has no PBO's--the mites RAN from the permethrin!!... SO WHAT SHOULD WE MIX IT WITH SO THAT IT HAS SOME PBO's??--BUT is still safe?... and this makes me think permethrin probably causes full body treatment mites to jump off onto bed, etc?
anyway, here's my MAIN QUESTION:
The 10% stuff is cheap and readily purchased--But I'm nervous about using it (diluted in half) because it's INSTRUCTS say to GREATLY dilute it for livestock--but is that because they're assuming it's for repellant rather than treatment purposes? Does anyone know if vets ever prescribe it for treatment full strength?
Also, it seems (1/2 diluted)it would be good for clothes dipping (which is supposed to last for weeks (even through a few washings!)... Please, does anyone know?
If you are going to dilute it in half, down to 5%, and you apply it full body, including scalp, then I wouldn't do it again like that for 14 days, as permethrin is a neuro toxin and you don't want to use it too often. Happy Jacks II has a PBO in it..........

Hartford, WI

#56 Aug 31, 2009
Thanks, Joe... My main concerns though as I've thought this through are:
DOES Martin & Durvet 10% have Petroleum Distillates?(I've read differing reports), and if so, how dangerous are they?
And...
If there are no PBOs (?) then one knowledgeable blogger said it would make Martin's more effective to ADD some PBO--but only a small amount, because they're dangerous...
--and where do you get them?
--and if Happy jacks already has a PBO, is it a safe level of it?
So confusing...
Thanks for sharing what you know!! For these questions, I probably need a chemist!(LOL)...

Burr, NE

#57 Sep 1, 2009
PS Same question for Dipping or Spraying your clothes--perhaps the petroleum distillates/PbOs aren't as dangerous for such use?(compared to putting straight on skin...)
Joe

Hollywood, FL

#58 Nov 15, 2009
Becoming Scabies Educated wrote:
PS Same question for Dipping or Spraying your clothes--perhaps the petroleum distillates/PbOs aren't as dangerous for such use?(compared to putting straight on skin...)
As long as you wash your clothes in 130 to 140 degree water, there is no need to add a permethrin spray to your clothes.
Estella

Alexandria, VA

#60 May 5, 2010
chris wrote:
Oh please help! I did an extra strong 10% permethrin dip on my sclp last night.. this morning I had bites on my face and eyebrows. Now, I have bites all over my face and by body is startingto itch-they are NOW on my body! I CAN'T give this to my cats and dogs-onedog has it and I gave her ivermectin on Sunday and she is now worse, too! Now, tonight, I just look1.7 mls of ivermectin 1% njectible for cattle, and I took it orally! I am scared. If it doesnt work I dont know what I'm going to do. What could have happened withthepermethrin? Did allthe scabies go running from my scalp because of the permethrin dip onmy scalp? previous to today I only had it on my scalp!
I had the same experience.
Estella

Alexandria, VA

#61 May 5, 2010
I had the same experience. I continue to take baths in sea salt, borax, baking soda and clorox (not at the same time.)
Joe

Hollywood, FL

#62 May 5, 2010
Estella wrote:
<quoted text> I had the same experience.
Yeah, Estella, that is why they tell you to do a full body treatment with the Elimite. They do travel away from the permethrin.
Joe Schmoe

Portland, OR

#63 Aug 21, 2010
1) I hate it when you spend HOURS researching all your symptoms, and you KNOW what you have, only to have the doctor barely glance at your body and tell you it's something else. Then you're standing there trying to explain how this and that symptom is scabies. First he told me it was just some harsh perfume in my soap (the one I've used for months without a problem). Then it was just a fungal infection. Finally I kept showing him the signs on my body and he prescribed Permethrin 5%.
2) You guys that had reactions on your eyelids: It was probably just the treatment itself. Your eyelids are sensitive. But who knows.
3) I've been told that the mites are too small for your skin's pressure/friction nerves to feel them individually. So if you're having crawling sensations, it's probably a skin reaction (yes, even to a mite itself), rather than you actually feeling a mite currently running on the skin.
4) All these people talking about dousing yourself with intensive treatments day after day, and still having "bites": You really need to consider whether it is your skin just reacting to the treatment. Skin is sensitive, and its bumps, eruptions, and inflammations can look just like scabies. Give it just a two-week break and see what happens! Although if you have burrows, that's definitely not just a reaction.
5) The possibility that scabies are developing a resistance worldwide is scary! I do not want to live like this the rest of my life. With all the nasty chemicals out there, surely we can find something that kills them better. They're just small bugs with needs for crying out loud! Although I think part of what makes them hard to kill is killing their eggs.
6) Before getting the Permethrin, I kept them in check by covering problem areas with soap (without water), massaging it onto my skin and letting it dry, and just leaving that on my skin all day. At the very least it made the bumps and itching subside; I also thought it would harass them and possibly prevent burrowing/eating. In the end it only slowed them down, and my skin was tired of getting dried out, so I'm using the permethrin.
7) I wouldn't call this a "nightmare" (I guess I have a minor case), although I am afraid of people finding out, and I can't go swimming or wear shorts.

God bless... Let's beat this menace.
Joe

Hollywood, FL

#64 Aug 22, 2010
#2. eyelids. yes, mites can and will infect eyelids.

#3. when you feel mites crawling on your skin, it is just that, mites crawling on your skin. the young ones looking for a mate. it is part of their finely tuned survival. which they are super good at... don't you think?

agree that not everyone feels this. but, some are highly sensitive to the mite infestation on their bodies.

4. not everyone is dousing ourselves with treatments day after day. we know our bodies and what our bodies can take and cannot take. you learn from experience.

7. you are lucky to have a minor case of this. nightmare it is!!! I vote nightmare!! I vote hell-raisers. I vote plague!! I vote we get off this ship and find some nice beach to relax...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Scabies on face and scalp? (Aug '07) 5 hr Kimgoingcrazy 927
how do i get rid of scabies once and for all? i... (Feb '07) Fri swee10thesour 4,333
I'm having a nervous breakdown! (Mar '12) Fri swee10thesour 32
My Dr. Said I CAN'T get rid of scabies (Jun '08) Fri szzzzz 16
FACEBOOK page for SCABIES Fri Xiang Qigon Lee 4
Scabies won't go away (Aug '06) Fri Bill 1,203
will sulfur soap get rid of scabies (Jun '10) Thu lele42 193
More from around the web