First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#21 Sep 26, 2013
By the way here is my thread on my experience, moral of my story....don't do what I did and that's over treat.

My experience was pretty stupid when I look back at it, some of the things I thought and did, pretty embaressing but hey we are only human.

Warning, this thread has content on essential oils as well as scabicide products. I am not promoting you do what I did/use. There are links provided as well.

http://www.topix.com/forum/health/scabies/TF5...
GettingFree

Chula Vista, CA

#22 Sep 26, 2013
Scabiesxnightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
No worries, just wanted to clarify, did you and your husband actually use the permithrin cream at all?
We did not have to fill the prescription. I'm not sure if we would have tried sulfur treatment or if we would have gone straight to the perm if the K-Green hadn't worked.

The K-Green worked for us. I think the perm works too, if the scabies are not resistant. I am just not happy with the AMA and their cut, burn, or poison philosophy. Therefore I seek out alternatives. The K-Green for us and one other person that I know. Because the perm is a poison, it has undesirable side effects such as the accompanying itch. We did not experience the side effects with the K-Green. And the enzymes will penetrate the skin and kill what is below.
GettingFree

Chula Vista, CA

#23 Sep 26, 2013
Oops--last paragraph--The K-Green worked for us and one other person that I know.. (Sorry typo in original)

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#24 Sep 26, 2013
GettingFree wrote:
<quoted text>
We did not have to fill the prescription. I'm not sure if we would have tried sulfur treatment or if we would have gone straight to the perm if the K-Green hadn't worked.
The K-Green worked for us. I think the perm works too, if the scabies are not resistant. I am just not happy with the AMA and their cut, burn, or poison philosophy. Therefore I seek out alternatives. The K-Green for us and one other person that I know. Because the perm is a poison, it has undesirable side effects such as the accompanying itch. We did not experience the side effects with the K-Green. And the enzymes will penetrate the skin and kill what is below.
That's great news @getting free,'filling the prescription' bit confused me, we dont say it like that here lol.

I hope the enzymes do not have another side effect on your natural body chemistry, perhaps someone could do some research on this and provide this here for people who may be concerned. I say this because some clothes washing powders have enzymes in it and that some people can react to them.

Happy for your sucess :D
GettingFree

Chula Vista, CA

#25 Sep 26, 2013
Hi there, Honey!! Thanks for the encouragement!

Yes, I used it in bath. I followed their instructions explicitly. When I figured out it was working, I ordered a gallon. I used it on everything. I goofed and used more than recommended in my laundry, so I wasted some. For sheets and towels, I used hot water, borax, and soda. It was not necessary to waste the enzymes on those items--just used the enzymes on my clothes.

I only did 2 baths--very soothing. I took my spray bottle to work with me and used in the bathroom. I also own my business and stayed home for a couple of days a week, so I could sit semi-nude and spray at will. Normally, that would be considered "too much information." BUT this is WAR.
GettingFree

Chula Vista, CA

#26 Sep 26, 2013
Scabiesxnightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
That's great news @getting free,'filling the prescription' bit confused me, we dont say it like that here lol.
I hope the enzymes do not have another side effect on your natural body chemistry, perhaps someone could do some research on this and provide this here for people who may be concerned. I say this because some clothes washing powders have enzymes in it and that some people can react to them.
Happy for your sucess :D
One of my sons is a molecular biologist. I checked with him. Enzymes are proteins. K-Green is considered safe by FDA standards. I have no worries whatsoever about side effects.(I also know that the FDA is out of control, but that is another story.)

I realize that there are are different treatments and everyone is different. I am sorry for your experience, however I am thrice grateful for your postings of your experience and your encouragement to others to control their paranoia. It is a shame that the physicians do not explain to their patients that the perm has an itch of it's own!!!!!!!!!! So ... how does one know what to expect??
GettingFree

Chula Vista, CA

#27 Sep 27, 2013
In addition, there are so many misdiagnoses by doctors who think one has some sort of rash and the typical treatment is cortisone. With cortisone, the inflammation may go down for a short period of time, but you are still left with scabies and remain contagious. Then the rash reappears.

My husband and I were lucky enough to realize it was scabies and tell the doctor that was what we suspected. The doctor confirmed.

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#28 Sep 28, 2013
Logging in to scabies topic forum tonight there were 10 different posts in a row telling people to click on a specific link to get ivermiticin or strometcol/ivermiticin. Each person had a simple name and a meesage that sounds quite familliar followed by a web link.

My anti virus went alert crazy on all of these sites. This is very worrying.

Please go to your doctors or reputable chemists/drug stores to get your products to avoid mirror websites which could infect your computer with whatever virus, worst one is to steal your credit card details etc.

This is so low to come on this forum and really screw around with people.
vss

Hollywood, FL

#29 Sep 30, 2013
GettingFree wrote:
<quoted text>
One of my sons is a molecular biologist. I checked with him. Enzymes are proteins. K-Green is considered safe by FDA standards. I have no worries whatsoever about side effects.(I also know that the FDA is out of control, but that is another story.)
I realize that there are are different treatments and everyone is different. I am sorry for your experience, however I am thrice grateful for your postings of your experience and your encouragement to others to control their paranoia. It is a shame that the physicians do not explain to their patients that the perm has an itch of it's own!!!!!!!!!! So ... how does one know what to expect??
Yes, it's considered safe, but it doesn't cure scabies. Get off the forum and do something else with your time. You are affiliated with K-Green and you need to stop pushing the stuff on here. go away now. thank you.

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#30 Oct 4, 2013
Wish people would not give into the crawling sensations.....please know that one treatment of scabicides will make your skin crawl. Do another scabicide your skin will crawl more. Do another the crawling last longer.

Often you can have a sensation on one nerve on your body and a nerve somewhere else will react at the same time. I believe that when you do a perm treatment just on the body, which is what I did, this sets off an area on the head. You then treat your head the crawling spreads on your head

I actually felt the crawling of my first mites. It was distinct. I will never forget it. Scabicide crawling is very different. You have to really analyse it and work out the difference. Crawling is 90 percent responsible for thinking your still infected.

Always check for molting pouches and check in between your fingers- your hands are the number one clue, your knees, ankles and under the arms...see molting patches? Molting patches = nymphs= active burrows.

Wish I had better advice when I first got infected, I would of done 2 treatments only, 7 days apart then iver. I was told the creams did not work by a stupid person who was in a neurotic grip and was reading this forum. This bad advice ruined everything for me.

I hate you scabies and infector, ruined everything.

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#31 Oct 4, 2013
molting pouches do take a while to fade and leave as well, so check them daily, are they disappearing or slowly getting smaller.

moulting pouches are uniform bumps skin coloured spread out in a grid formation, depending on the location. On your knees these can cover a large area mainly on the inner part of the knee,same on the back of your thighs in your arm pits they will sit just near any hair in lines 3 deep.

when you use treatments/bleach/peroxide/oth er harsh chemicals everything goes angry red.

Dermatisis spots will actually hurt wheras moulting pouches do not.

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#32 Oct 4, 2013
dermatitis* sorry bit tiredd

Moulting*

Pouches*

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Scabies Is Highly Contagious (Mar '06) 5 hr wannaemgone2 7,286
I've had scabies for 4 years! (Apr '11) 9 hr ReadyToJump 40
Scabies cured (Dec '08) 12 hr wannaemgone2 101
Do you get new bumps after post-scabies? (Sep '11) 12 hr wannaemgone2 245
Scabies Cure: SULFUR (Oct '08) Sat mr4rocky 289
how do i get rid of scabies once and for all? i... (Feb '07) Sat Riverliver 4,400
Is ivermectin injectable approved for humans? (Mar '12) Sat wannaemgone2 6
More from around the web