Scabies Cure- how did YOU CURE SCABIES?

Scabies Cure- how did YOU CURE SCABIES?

Posted in the Scabies Forum

will_It_Just_End

Garden City, MI

#1 Jan 29, 2013
My family and I (we are a family of nine) have been fighting these stupid little Creatures for SEVEN months. It is exhausting. All we do is CLEAN. My sister and I threw out our mattress and sleep on blow up ones (which have plastic sheeting that we spray with bleach everyday.) Everyone stays separate. No hugging, no picking up the little ones. We use gloves to switch the laundry, get food, etc. We wash clothes and sheets daily... we have tried essential oils (tea tree, clove, peppermint, lavender, neem etc), permithrin, Ivermectin, sulfur, bathing in epsom salt, ceyenne pepper, Natrasil, Scabiesin lotion, and right now we are bathing in 4 cups of borax 6 cups hydrogen peroxide and 2 cups sea salt. It seems enough to set them back but not strong enough to kill them. Although, it is working on our heads. Doctors and Dermatologists are no help at all. We have been on our own, it is so stressful and heartbreaking! We don't understand WHY we can't kill these bugs. Treatment after treatment, it is getting so tiring. I have completely lost the motivation and hope to get rid of these. Pretty soon we will have no more ideas! We have tried everything. ALL WE WANT IS OUR OLD LIFE BACK. That's all we are fighting for! All I want is to play with my little siblings and let them hangout in my room! I have forgotten what it feels like to sit on the living room floor and read my baby brother a book or just rock him to sleep! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE i NEED YOUR HELP. What worked for you? How did you cure scabies? We need a tried and true cure.
itchy in denver

Denver, CO

#2 Jan 30, 2013
Ivermectin worked for me. second treatment 4 days after the first, last treatment 7 days after the second. 3 treatments total. I used the 1.87% Ivermectin horse paste orally as directed. I tried several treatments like you, nothing seemed to work, but I finally did the horse paste. The second treatment killed any eggs living on me and the third killed any that were in the environment and crawled back on. Make sure its not Post Scabies which is just as bad except for me the post scabies I didn't get awakened with the itch, but kept getting lesions for almost a month before they stopped. I know its driving you crazy but you will get thru it. Good luck.
Dang ol bugs

Uniontown, PA

#3 Feb 2, 2013
itchy in denver wrote:
Ivermectin worked for me. second treatment 4 days after the first, last treatment 7 days after the second. 3 treatments total. I used the 1.87% Ivermectin horse paste orally as directed. I tried several treatments like you, nothing seemed to work, but I finally did the horse paste. The second treatment killed any eggs living on me and the third killed any that were in the environment and crawled back on. Make sure its not Post Scabies which is just as bad except for me the post scabies I didn't get awakened with the itch, but kept getting lesions for almost a month before they stopped. I know its driving you crazy but you will get thru it. Good luck.
Was the horse paste oral or topical?..Was it perscribed to you or was it bought from somewhere?...If so do you have a link on where?

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#4 Feb 2, 2013
Dang ol bugs wrote:
<quoted text>
Was the horse paste oral or topical?..Was it perscribed to you or was it bought from somewhere?...If so do you have a link on where?
You can buy both on amazon.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Scabies in your mouth? (Aug '13) 14 min Newtonangelb 6
Scabies and your immune system (Oct '07) 43 min the one week cure 39
Collembola/Springtails (Jan '13) 1 hr Bap 613
Getting Rid Of The EGGS! -- one method that works. (Jun '09) Wed Jess 45
How does Ivermectin work exactly? (Mar '11) Wed linda 136
Scabies, mites & fleas Oct 17 jhannamarie 4
Is this scabies??? Oct 16 clifard 3
More from around the web