of 3
Next Last

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#41 Mar 28, 2013
VSS wrote:
<quoted text>
I had this problem in the beginning.
My vet prescribed the ivomec to all my pets.
I spoke with him concerning crating and separating my pets, and he it is not needed.
What is needed is timely bathings and timely administering of the ivomec to the pets, and in the correct doses.
The vets are up to date on all of this.
The medical establishment? hum.
If you crate an animal, they cannot exercise when needed and this brings their immunity down.
Even if you give them the meds they need AND CRATE THEM, it doesn't mean they will be cured of this.
Thanks for a big dose of reality. I guess I was using the wrong terms with "medical establishment." I guess I could say Google says it's impossible. lol I'll definitely have to talk to the vet on what to do effectively. Have you ever tried Ted's Dog Mange Cure from Earth clinic? Making a dip out of hydrogen peroxide and borax? I don't want to bombard them with harmful chemicals, but at the same time I want this gone!
Kliffy

Auckland, New Zealand

#42 Mar 28, 2013
I have kids and am posting this around cause it worked for me and my kids- I tried everything, alcohol, borax, bleach baths, permethrin, all the oils etc
Hi guys I recently had scabies
For about 6-7 weeks. It was horrible 2am scratching like a maniac
Jumping in the bath. Worst thing was my kids picked it up off of me too (arrrrrrgh).
I traced it back to an overseas trip. Anyway we went away on holiday to rid the home, I tried everything except for ivermectin. All the natural stuff, permethrin which decreased it but these always came back. I was so stressed and scared that I would pass them on! I bathed in every thing from essential oils to bleach etc.
I'll tell you what helped me and my family
1) there's something called east cape manuka oil, a company in NZ sell. There was definitely a correlation between when I used that and when the scabies started to go.
They have an oil that I applied to the affected areas.
2) they also have a soap, so what I did was I would shower and wash with it, but after the shower with a tiny bit of water I would lather my body with the soap and let it dry on my skin. Then I would sleep. I was that desperate that I did this every time I showered, I stopped bathing, and i today I have no scabies. This took about a week.
3) because the manuka oil mix is expensive I made up my own, with sweet almond oil as the base about 7% manuka, 7% penny royal, and 5% clove oil. So I had two oils. I had one in the car and one at home, whenever I felt an itch I would simply apply (pennyroyal, and clove are supposed to kill insects, and east cape manuka is very strong too).
Perhaps I could have just soap lathered in sulphur soap? Probably would I have done the trick to, I just figured that you are making your skin taste yucky and the environment uncomfortable for the little suckers guess what! Their Gone, I tried everything 5x perm. And heaps of different suggestions, I prayed asked God, felt lead to the treatment that I'm sharing and am now free. So I pray you will experience the freedom too! I use to read these forums with sceptism but now as I type, I hope you really are free too. Blessings cliff
VSS

Hollywood, FL

#43 Mar 28, 2013
going-krazy wrote:
I now know that it is 100% my dog. My son's arms got all red and itchy and raised bumps the other night. I thought that was the beginning of the scabies again so we did Permethrin (this was Monday night). The itching instantly stopped. Well, tonight, before I could put the dog up, my son was playing on him and touching him and lo and behold his arms got super itchy with bites showing up. He's in the tub right now. I'm going to keep my dogs segregated until their Vet appointment next week.
I know we did have scabies in the beginning. My sisters were diagnosed with them. But, I think that this last power push to get rid of them worked (maybe too wishful thinking? Only time will tell), but these crop ups we keep getting are from the dogs. I did read that canine scabies can live on humans for upwards of 3 weeks and then die off. I haven't found much literature about human scabies infecting dogs except that it's "impossible." Not sure what the scenario is here, but I'm hoping it has a good ending!
Read this thread,

http://www.topix.com/forum/health/scabies/THB...

Location hidden

#44 Mar 28, 2013
That was a really good thread! I'm glad she is free! I like the fact that she posted everything that helped her. Thanks again that is a helpful thread!
VSS

Hollywood, FL

#45 Mar 28, 2013
Needpeace34 wrote:
That was a really good thread! I'm glad she is free! I like the fact that she posted everything that helped her. Thanks again that is a helpful thread!
yeah, I was amazed. She is very smart. And she had a big family with dogs and the whole shabang. She wanted to help people get cured quickly, without prolonging their situation.
FRED

Denver, CO

#46 Mar 28, 2013
VSS wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah, I was amazed. She is very smart. And she had a big family with dogs and the whole shabang. She wanted to help people get cured quickly, without prolonging their situation.
Hollywood;

Have you ever been to a psychiatrist?

Location hidden

#47 Mar 29, 2013
VSS wrote:
<quoted text>
Read this thread,
http://www.topix.com/forum/health/scabies/THB...
Thank you. Now I'm all sorts of confused.:/ I do know that we DID have scabies. We have not been affected for 3 weeks since we did the last dose of permethrin and Ivermectin. My dog though.....I haven't been treating him at all except washing him in some special soap. I kick myself for not realizing it sooner. He has patches of hair coming off on his belly and legs, skin darkening, crusty areas, he's always biting himself, and he stinks something awful. He also has hypothyroidism, so I guess I just assumed that this was due to that and his meds not working. This makes so much sense now.

It has happened 3 times in the last week that when my son even touches the dog he instantly gets scratchy like crazy on his arms. I put him in the bath right away and wash him with sulfur soap and that really helps to stop the itch. I have no idea if that's because of scabies mites or something else.

Monday can't come fast enough for his vet visit. I'm so done.
VSS

Hollywood, FL

#48 Mar 29, 2013
going-krazy wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you. Now I'm all sorts of confused.:/ I do know that we DID have scabies. We have not been affected for 3 weeks since we did the last dose of permethrin and Ivermectin. My dog though.....I haven't been treating him at all except washing him in some special soap. I kick myself for not realizing it sooner. He has patches of hair coming off on his belly and legs, skin darkening, crusty areas, he's always biting himself, and he stinks something awful. He also has hypothyroidism, so I guess I just assumed that this was due to that and his meds not working. This makes so much sense now.
It has happened 3 times in the last week that when my son even touches the dog he instantly gets scratchy like crazy on his arms. I put him in the bath right away and wash him with sulfur soap and that really helps to stop the itch. I have no idea if that's because of scabies mites or something else.
Monday can't come fast enough for his vet visit. I'm so done.
Scabies mites do make the animal smell. That is demodex mites. I'm surprised you have to wait to see the vet. It's usually you just bring your dog in, no waiting for an appointment. Either way, the dog will need ivermectin treatment. The vet can easily determine what is going on with your dog. Good luck. Did you read the link I posted? i was hoping it could help someone. Itchygirl put alot of work into it.
VSS

Hollywood, FL

#49 Mar 29, 2013
FRED wrote:
<quoted text>
Hollywood;
Have you ever been to a psychiatrist?
Fred, did you even read the link to the thread I posted?
You are very strange. You don't have a family to treat. You have no pets. No friends. No family. You wouldn't know how to treat a large family of this disease. You have no clue.
Go take your meds, your orap...

Location hidden

#50 Mar 29, 2013
That's the plus side of this forum we all learn something new. How were you suppose to know about the dogs? If I didn't read others stories I would have never known about the fact that dog mites can infect humans. You'll get it done!

Location hidden

#51 Mar 29, 2013
I did read that link VSS.:) Very helpful, and I remember coming across it at one of my lurking sessions. I'll keep it in my favorites for now and come back to it in a few days. I have to wait until Monday because I'm taking him to the military vet on base. It's 1/2 the price (I know, my dog's health is not based on a number, but it's what I can afford).
VSS

Hollywood, FL

#52 Mar 30, 2013
going-krazy wrote:
I did read that link VSS.:) Very helpful, and I remember coming across it at one of my lurking sessions. I'll keep it in my favorites for now and come back to it in a few days. I have to wait until Monday because I'm taking him to the military vet on base. It's 1/2 the price (I know, my dog's health is not based on a number, but it's what I can afford).
good deal going krazy. let us know how it goes at the vet. Good that you get a break on the costs. Vets can be extremely expensive.
It's hard enough paying for all the chemicals, laundry, electricity, to fight this mess, and then have to pay for an expensive vet, too.
I found that the selemectin (an avermectin) that they prescribed doesn't quite kill all the mites, and I have found, in my experience, the ivomec works better. You may want to read the EPRINEX thread here on this forum.
LUNATIC FRED

Germany

#54 Mar 30, 2013
Before you take this clown's advise, realize that he/she/it posts under numerous identities on this forum. Fred/Mary/UncleSam/VSS/Virtual Scabies/Arron/ are just some of the aliases it uses.
It relishes in leading people down the wrong path, so others suffer with it - since it can't even cure it's own case. It is the troll that lives under the Topix bridge and if you come on here letting other people know what did and didn't work for you, it will attack you. It sees this board as its own, therefore it will even compliment and argue with itself using different identities.
Now I ask you - Would you like to accept advice from this obviously mentally ill freak? I think not.
VSS

Hollywood, FL

#55 Mar 31, 2013
LUNATIC FRED wrote:
Before you take this clown's advise, realize that he/she/it posts under numerous identities on this forum. Fred/Mary/UncleSam/VSS/Virtual Scabies/Arron/ are just some of the aliases it uses.
It relishes in leading people down the wrong path, so others suffer with it - since it can't even cure it's own case. It is the troll that lives under the Topix bridge and if you come on here letting other people know what did and didn't work for you, it will attack you. It sees this board as its own, therefore it will even compliment and argue with itself using different identities.
Now I ask you - Would you like to accept advice from this obviously mentally ill freak? I think not.
You go ahead and answer the posts, then. I'm not stopping you. Feel free to give your advice.
I give my advice and you give yours. That's it.

Location hidden

#56 Apr 1, 2013
A new month, hopefully closer to the end of this journey. The kids and I have not had a positive bite in close to a month now. I have slowed down the washing of sheets to every 3 days. I can't go longer than that....still so paranoid!

I had a vet visit for the dog today and that has to be canceled. Two out of 3 kids are sick and puking. Sucks! I did, however, order a test kit online to determine if either of my dogs has the MDR1 mutation. If they come back negative then I'm going to start them both on ivermectin. If it's positive, possibly moxidectin? I realize I'll have to order it from overseas and I'm okay with that.

I am fairly certain the dogs have some type of mite as my son who seems to be the most sensitive to them. Every time he touches the dogs he instantly gets red, bumpy (like bites) and itchy. Last night I freaked out and put on permethrin as they looked like scabies bites. They showed up quite suddenly and all over! Though, the permethrin really helped stop the itch almost instantly and this morning there are no noticeable signs of bites.

Next Monday we leave for 4 days so I plan on putting down some borax or something on our furniture and carpets just in case there are residual mites.
Needpeace

New York, NY

#57 Apr 19, 2013
Hi Going-krazy, I wanted to stop by and see how you and your family are doing. From one masshole to another. I hope you guys are cured. Isn't crazy what's going on :-(

Best wishes!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Psorinum........homeopathic cure for Scabies? (Sep '11) 4 hr oh my 114
how do i get rid of scabies once and for all? i... (Feb '07) 16 hr oh my 4,149
I have scabies and I'm freaking out 20 hr Itchymommyandtoddler 4
Septic scabies and scabies on obs 22 hr dancesilly2 2
i overcame scabies! (Jul '13) Sun Patricia 9
Scabies on eyelids,face,ears,scalp Sun Worries 40
Borax Solution - CURE (Aug '12) Sun avs356 1,419
Removing Scabies from your Environment (Jan '08) Sun ashleyshere 252
The solution for scabies is Bleach. This is the... (Mar '12) Oct 18 itchee 135

Scabies People Search