Comments
21 - 40 of 56 Comments Last updated Apr 19, 2013

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#21 Mar 20, 2013
I think we posted at the same time Needpeace! I'm heading out to go buy some more sheets. I threw my jeans in the freezer, tomorrow some time I'll take them out and iron them. I never thought to do that for some reason.

My husband is gonna love this when he comes back from deployment. I think I'll be cleaning like this for quite a while! lol

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#22 Mar 20, 2013
going-krazy wrote:
I think we posted at the same time Needpeace! I'm heading out to go buy some more sheets. I threw my jeans in the freezer, tomorrow some time I'll take them out and iron them. I never thought to do that for some reason.
My husband is gonna love this when he comes back from deployment. I think I'll be cleaning like this for quite a while! lol
What you do is ROTATE your bedding and clothing. Don't wear the same item but once every 7 days.

Scabies mites don't last longer than about 4 days in a dry climate.

Buy cheap bedding and ROTATE.

You don't have to burn out your washer washing every single day.

buy cheap and ROTATE, and that includes shoes, purses, pillow cases, sheets, jeans, everything.

You don't have to slave over a hot iron ladies.

You don't have to $$$$$ dry your clothes $$$$$ for two hours.

buy CROCS shoes and wash them with some hot water, wipe them off and you can wear them, but I would suggest buying some cheap shoes and ROTATE them.

The key is to rotate and pull from the bottom of the pile.

Location hidden

#23 Mar 20, 2013
Jodyy wrote:
<quoted text>
What you do is ROTATE your bedding and clothing. Don't wear the same item but once every 7 days.
Scabies mites don't last longer than about 4 days in a dry climate.
Buy cheap bedding and ROTATE.
You don't have to burn out your washer washing every single day.
buy cheap and ROTATE, and that includes shoes, purses, pillow cases, sheets, jeans, everything.
You don't have to slave over a hot iron ladies.
You don't have to $$$$$ dry your clothes $$$$$ for two hours.
buy CROCS shoes and wash them with some hot water, wipe them off and you can wear them, but I would suggest buying some cheap shoes and ROTATE them.
The key is to rotate and pull from the bottom of the pile.
Thank you. I will for sure keep this tidbit of info in mind. I did go and buy 2 extra sets of sheets for each bed from WalMart this morning. I don't own enough clothes to rotate every 7 days, but I'll do my best. It's all trial and error and you learn as you go.:)

Location hidden

#24 Mar 20, 2013
going-krazy wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you. I will for sure keep this tidbit of info in mind. I did go and buy 2 extra sets of sheets for each bed from WalMart this morning. I don't own enough clothes to rotate every 7 days, but I'll do my best. It's all trial and error and you learn as you go.:)
:-( sucks you have a hubby overseas and dealing with this BS!! Your a strong woman!
If you don't have enough clothes for 7 days do the ironing thing. It will work. The crocs or plastic shoes is a great idea. I'm in the east coast where we are still getting snow :-( so blankets and coats are a pain I rotate the blankets every 3-4 days washing each one before I use them. The coats get steamed everyday, but I rotate them every 4 days. Such a B!! Are you going to treat again? With what? Sending you good energy and strength God knows you need it with kids, and cleaning. You will get pass this!!

Since: Oct 12

Sydney

#25 Mar 20, 2013
Trying to imagine you washing and drying and cleaning and freezing and treating everyone including the dogs. Supermum!

Location hidden

#26 Mar 21, 2013
Needpeace34 wrote:
<quoted text>
:-( sucks you have a hubby overseas and dealing with this BS!! Your a strong woman!
If you don't have enough clothes for 7 days do the ironing thing. It will work. The crocs or plastic shoes is a great idea. I'm in the east coast where we are still getting snow :-( so blankets and coats are a pain I rotate the blankets every 3-4 days washing each one before I use them. The coats get steamed everyday, but I rotate them every 4 days. Such a B!! Are you going to treat again? With what? Sending you good energy and strength God knows you need it with kids, and cleaning. You will get pass this!!
Thank you.:) I think we are not going to treat again at this time. We all have wicked dry skin, almost flaking, itchy and painful from the permethrin. It's pretty bad. It's been a full month of treatment. I'm going to let our skin heal. If I feel the need we will continue with the oil and DE for my dd and then the sulfur lotion for the rest of us.

We live in the desert right now so it's wicked dry and starting to warm up. I grew up in MA and so I can fully say how jealous I am that you have snow! It snowed once this year here. I hate the heat. But I can fully understand your frustration. I hope that all the hard work pays off for you!

Bet your booty too that as soon as DH walks back in the door he is getting doused head to toe in permethrin. Just in case!

Location hidden

#27 Mar 21, 2013
Lmao!! When you said wicked I was like she has to be from mass lol! I'm in mass now.

That happens to my skin. I was using baby oil and I swear it was making my skin dryer. I took a bath with Epsom salt and lemon oil, wow what a difference it made!! My skin feels soo much better I think the oil got into the pores. I also exfoliated so I think that helped. The sulfur did a number on my skin I felt like I had a sun burn, but I think it helped.
Good luck!!

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#28 Mar 23, 2013
Have a look at the Eprinex thre is a much much stronger form of an avermectin. Ivermectin is an avermectin too, but for the last 20 years, everyone has used it 1-7 times and then quit and Iver has been sprayed on every crop in every continent of this world.

Everything is resistent to it now. Eprinex is about 7 years old. If you read the Eprinex thread, skip the crazies rants of some of the posters.

RK
VSS

Hollywood, FL

#29 Mar 23, 2013
RK in the house wrote:
Have a look at the Eprinex thre is a much much stronger form of an avermectin. Ivermectin is an avermectin too, but for the last 20 years, everyone has used it 1-7 times and then quit and Iver has been sprayed on every crop in every continent of this world.
Everything is resistent to it now. Eprinex is about 7 years old. If you read the Eprinex thread, skip the crazies rants of some of the posters.
RK
Sometimes you rant. Should they ignore those posts, too?
Ivermectin is still used by many people for scabies and it still works, really well.
I'm not negating your Eprinex thread, though, by any means.

Location hidden

#30 Mar 23, 2013
Thanks for the info RK in the house. I think though, until things come back really bad for us (praying they don't), I am not going to do the ivermectin (we actually took the Ivomec brand) or even considering Eprinex again. I did not like the side effects for myself or the kids. But it DID work!!!

We have been doing Epsom salt baths with lavender oil and some TTO, and wow what a difference that has made to my skin. I am going to keep up with it. I'm also going to be ordering some cocoa butter and Shea butter and make some homemade lotion.:)

Location hidden

#31 Mar 25, 2013
The progress ebbs and slows so much. You think you're there, then these suckers throws you right back. Last night my son started itching the shit out of his arms. To the point where he was leaving scratch marks. I have yet to actually see any bite marks, I have no idea what is causing that. I gave him some children's benadryl last night and it helped.

Our perm rashes seem to be improving a lot. I learned that applying coconut oil was aggravating it, not helping so I stopped. I bought some Eucerin and it has helped.

Every time something happens I keep asking myself, what am I doing wrong??? I was talking to my MIL (one of the only people who know) and she couldn't fathom why I was having to work so hard to get rid of them. She got it when she was a kid, used the cream, and they were all healed.:/

Location hidden

#32 Mar 25, 2013
Ya some people can do the cream once and be cleared and others 10x, it's soo annoying. It depends on the mite, some people think they have scabies but have something else. You have a dog right? That makes it harder to cure

Location hidden

#33 Mar 27, 2013
It's my dog!!!! Holy crap. I thought I was treating them, though only externally. My dog has started smelling so foul lately. I looked up mange online and lo and behold all his signs are of sarcoptic mange. He has a severe case of hypothyroidism, so I assumed this was from that. Shit!!! No wonder we keep getting them. I'm booking an appt with the vet asap. He's a boxer/mastiff mix, I'm pretty positive he has no collie breed in him at all. I obviously would like to save my $$ as I have 2 dogs and just give them oral ivermectin I have, but I think I'm gonna have to suck it up. My other dog is showing no signs of this at all though.

Location hidden

#34 Mar 27, 2013
going-krazy wrote:
It's my dog!!!! Holy crap. I thought I was treating them, though only externally. My dog has started smelling so foul lately. I looked up mange online and lo and behold all his signs are of sarcoptic mange. He has a severe case of hypothyroidism, so I assumed this was from that. Shit!!! No wonder we keep getting them. I'm booking an appt with the vet asap. He's a boxer/mastiff mix, I'm pretty positive he has no collie breed in him at all. I obviously would like to save my $$ as I have 2 dogs and just give them oral ivermectin I have, but I think I'm gonna have to suck it up. My other dog is showing no signs of this at all though.
Hey at least you know now how you keep getting reinfected. Be careful, I have read that even when a pet is not showing signs of having mites I could still have them. You should get both dogs treated.

Location hidden

#35 Mar 27, 2013
Needpeace34 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey at least you know now how you keep getting reinfected. Be careful, I have read that even when a pet is not showing signs of having mites I could still have them. You should get both dogs treated.
I will. I can't do both of them together, so I booked 2 separate appointments for them. I did dip them in a borax and hydrogen peroxide treatment and let that dry on (Ted's remedy or something like that). You know, thinking back, my son started getting bites and super itchy this last time right after loving and playing on the dog too.

I'm trying not to jump to conclusions, but if it is from him, what a great thing it would be to get this gone!!!

Location hidden

#36 Mar 27, 2013
I now know that it is 100% my dog. My son's arms got all red and itchy and raised bumps the other night. I thought that was the beginning of the scabies again so we did Permethrin (this was Monday night). The itching instantly stopped. Well, tonight, before I could put the dog up, my son was playing on him and touching him and lo and behold his arms got super itchy with bites showing up. He's in the tub right now. I'm going to keep my dogs segregated until their Vet appointment next week.

I know we did have scabies in the beginning. My sisters were diagnosed with them. But, I think that this last power push to get rid of them worked (maybe too wishful thinking? Only time will tell), but these crop ups we keep getting are from the dogs. I did read that canine scabies can live on humans for upwards of 3 weeks and then die off. I haven't found much literature about human scabies infecting dogs except that it's "impossible." Not sure what the scenario is here, but I'm hoping it has a good ending!

Location hidden

#37 Mar 27, 2013
going-krazy wrote:
I now know that it is 100% my dog. My son's arms got all red and itchy and raised bumps the other night. I thought that was the beginning of the scabies again so we did Permethrin (this was Monday night). The itching instantly stopped. Well, tonight, before I could put the dog up, my son was playing on him and touching him and lo and behold his arms got super itchy with bites showing up. He's in the tub right now. I'm going to keep my dogs segregated until their Vet appointment next week.
I know we did have scabies in the beginning. My sisters were diagnosed with them. But, I think that this last power push to get rid of them worked (maybe too wishful thinking? Only time will tell), but these crop ups we keep getting are from the dogs. I did read that canine scabies can live on humans for upwards of 3 weeks and then die off. I haven't found much literature about human scabies infecting dogs except that it's "impossible." Not sure what the scenario is here, but I'm hoping it has a good ending!
that's not true that scabies can not infect dogs, because a lot of suffers had to get rid of there pets because they could not get cured. The scabies/mange kept bouncing back and forth...

Location hidden

#38 Mar 28, 2013
Needpeace34 wrote:
<quoted text>
that's not true that scabies can not infect dogs, because a lot of suffers had to get rid of there pets because they could not get cured. The scabies/mange kept bouncing back and forth...
Oh, from reading on here I know that isn't true, I just wish the medical establishment would get up with current info and stop saying that they can't. Just need to get the dogs on some meds, keep up with the dips, keep up with the vacuuming. I'm going to be getting a kennel for my big guy and they are both gonna be kennel bound when they're inside. Sounds harsh, but I need this crap gone. I'll still let them outside often. I just don't want them to keep reinfecting us until I know they are gone.
VSS

Hollywood, FL

#39 Mar 28, 2013
Needpeace34 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are absolutely 100% positively CORRECT.

These mites are surely zoonotic and will cross over species, as long as it is a warm blooded mammal, and that includes all of you who post on this forum.

These mites will not only feed off of you; they will procreate and survive on you.

Treatment is needed and if you want to believe that the mites will only last a few weeks on you, then you will be in big trouble.

Treat and move on with your life.

Some other species of mites are cheyletiella mites, rodent mites, bird mites, and just like this forum says, sarcoptic scabies mites. All these mites will infest a human, dog, cat, bird, rodent. With more and more destroying of forests and natural habitats, these mites have moved in with us, and you can bet, when they are hungry and in need of survival, you will be their host.
VSS

Hollywood, FL

#40 Mar 28, 2013
going-krazy wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, from reading on here I know that isn't true, I just wish the medical establishment would get up with current info and stop saying that they can't. Just need to get the dogs on some meds, keep up with the dips, keep up with the vacuuming. I'm going to be getting a kennel for my big guy and they are both gonna be kennel bound when they're inside. Sounds harsh, but I need this crap gone. I'll still let them outside often. I just don't want them to keep reinfecting us until I know they are gone.
I had this problem in the beginning.

My vet prescribed the ivomec to all my pets.

I spoke with him concerning crating and separating my pets, and he it is not needed.

What is needed is timely bathings and timely administering of the ivomec to the pets, and in the correct doses.

The vets are up to date on all of this.

The medical establishment? hum.

If you crate an animal, they cannot exercise when needed and this brings their immunity down.

Even if you give them the meds they need AND CRATE THEM, it doesn't mean they will be cured of this.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How I am treating drug resistant scabies 1 hr 3 months and now ... 6
Sulfer 7 days straight, to catch and murder mit... 7 hr Mite Murderer 1
Scabies Eradication Supply Thread - Some things... 7 hr Mite Murderer 6
Removing Scabies Mites From Your Car 8 hr Mite Murderer 4
I am Cured (Dec '06) 9 hr Das Auto 976
The truth about "scabies" 10 hr meandanitoo 4
Post Scabies Itch Syndrome (Mar '12) 16 hr paleoallen 163
Scabies won't go away (Aug '06) 23 hr CURE 3 months inf... 1,185
Scabies on face and scalp? (Aug '07) Sat zoonotic mites 886
how do i get rid of scabies once and for all? i... (Feb '07) Aug 29 3 months and now ... 4,114
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Scabies People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••