How I got rid of scabies in 15 days a...

How I got rid of scabies in 15 days and I am not selling anything Part 1

Posted in the Scabies Forum

Since: Sep 10

Medford, NY

#1 Sep 23, 2010
I will be short and sweet. I got them in May and I wasn't dx until Aug. I went to two Derm Docs until one finally said it might be scabies. I had about 15 bites on each arm. I thought they were bug bites but the itching was terrible.
I did the permithium cream and the whole family too. The next day I took all the sheets and the mattress pad and washed them with hot water and borax. All the clothes I put in garbage bags with a little borax. The laundry heaps up.
**The best thing I did was take all the extra pillows, stuffed animals, comforters, blankets and put them in my daughter’s room and locked the door. I wasn't going to wash these every day. It takes 72 hours to kill the mites without a host. I didn't open this door until 2 wks after I didn't have any new bites. Gosh, this saves so much work. So put as much as you can in this room.
It is a good idea when cleaning to put long sleeve shirt, long pants, socks, and gloves on. I didn't do this the first time and got some mites on me.
1) I went out and got RAID that kills ants. It has the derivative of the permithium cream in it. I sprayed: mattress, carpets, and clothes in closets, drapes. I shut the door and got fans to blow the air out. I also sprinkled borax all over the carpet. I did this to all the rooms. I put the pillows in the dryer for 20 mins on hot. The kids went outside to play.
2) I sprinkled borax on top of the mattress and put the mattress pad on. I put borax on top of the mattress pad. I only used sheets on the bed. Everything else is in the locked room.
3) I vacuumed the carpets and steamed cleaned them. I have a hot steam cleaner. I used a solution of borax and vinegar on the hard wood floor.
I tried to vacuum every day. lol.. I have 3 small kids. but I didn't want anyone to get it.
I did the permithium cream on day 3, 7, 11. I did the whole family again on day 3. It says you don't need to but I did anyway.
4) What soothed my skin? 70% isopropyl alcohol. Get makeup pads and just keep wiping your spots. Then I would follow up with hydrogen peroxide. I would do this for 10 minutes after being woken up and I was able to get back to sleep. Also the Germx that you put on kids works too. It is all alcohol.
5) I took 2 HOT showers a day. You really want to scrub your skin. I made a mixture of sea salt, baking soda, borax and kept it in an air tight container in the shower. I used the gloves you can buy to exfoliate your skin. This is what you want to do. Rub the skin raw. Well not that much. This is what makes you itch like crazy---the scabies feces and salvia under your skin. I found my husband AXE scrub worked great and smelled well. Lather the sulfur soap all over and let it set for a bit. OR take a bath with Epson salt, borax and some hydrogen peroxide with HOT water and scrub.
Get some sulfur soap and sulfur cream you can buy it cheap on the internet. I got the 4 soaps and a cream for $21. You need 10% sulfur and Wal-Mart doesn't have it. A good idea that I came across is have a squirt bottle in the shower filled with hydrogen peroxide and borax diluted. After your HOT shower, spray all over your body. Another fad idea, don't use your towel because washing all the towels is too much, use one towel to step on and use the blow dryer to dry yourself off. This will save you so much laundry effort. Then put the sulfur cream all over your body, feet, and hands. I just wore bra and panties to bed. Ok. I got kids! All clothes go in the garbage bag. In fact, everyone's clothes go in the garbage bag.

Since: Sep 10

Medford, NY

#2 Sep 23, 2010
PART 2
When you do not see any new more red spots, you got them, but watch out. The eggs hatch every 3 or 4 days and you have about 10 females with different cycles. Until you get them on the same cycle, I found I was itchy when I put the permithium cream on until the next day. So... when you don't see any for 5 days, then you know you are in the POST Scabies ITCH PHASE. I didn't itch at all on day 2 and on day 3 back to itching like crazy. I think the sulfur cream really helps even though you will itch through it. Coat the sulfur cream all over really well, nice and thick. You will feel itchy with the sulfur, but it gets better over time as you slowly kill them. Thank goodness that 90% of the eggs don't hatch otherwise we would be crying. I changed all the sheets every day. You can also put them in the dryer for 20 mins with the pillows instead of washing. You can spray RAID in the dryer for extra measure if you don’t want to wash every day. This is why I only put sheets and nothing else on the bed, doing clothes laundry was enough work. About every 2 to 3 days, I threw borax on all the carpets and let sit overnight. Don't worry too much about keeping up with the laundry. Although, I had my husband take it to the laundry mat to get it done a couple of times. Just make sure everything is in garbage bags.
NO DOUBT this is the most stressful situation I have been in.
GOOD TIPS: DO not eat any sugar. It seems they love sugar. Good diet plan eh. I found they didn't like orange and used soaps with orange scent. I even went to the Vitamin Shoppe and got a Parasite cleanse to take. Maybe this helped.
THE BAD NEWS: Supposedly, you can itch up to 2 years. I know are they kidding me!!!. It is because of the feces and salvia that cause your body to have an allergic reaction that are burrowed under your skin. I have open sores from still itching. What helps is to ask your doc to be put on Prednisone for about 16 days or so. It really does help you not to itch until you get down to taking one pill... sob!! But it is a nice relief. I also wiped my sores with the 70% alcohol at night and rinse it with H202. This is the only solution that actually made the itching go away. I would wipe until I didn't itch anymore. You can see the dirt or their feces come off on the pad. Yuck. I used bacitracin cream over all the sores to prevent infection at night. Keep scrubbing with something not as harsh. You want to exfoliate until your skin is brand new which could be 2 months away.
TIP: You got to clean your computer every day before you use it. I would get a Q-tip or a makeup pad and clean it with alcohol. I also had right next to me the kid's GermX alcohol that I kept putting on me when I felt like I had to itch. This helps. I really believed the RAID really helped. I did this the day I was going to do the permithium cream on me. I tried to add all tips I could. I know this is the worst thing to have. Try to be brave and you have to do the stuff otherwise, they will not leave. I kept up with it and this is why they left in 15 days. I also steamed cleaned our couch. ALSO try to sit in the same place like your kitchen chair and clean everyday with bleach. I didn't sit on any couches. Praying for your success!
Bill in Mich

Washington, DC

#3 Sep 24, 2010
Hi givealittlebit

That is a great list of the steps
Thank you.
One angle I found is that baking soda sprinkled in the boots kills the bug , it is highly caustic even though it dosnt seem to be , but if you get it in your eyes you find out quick .
Also arm & hammer powdered laundry soap 1 cup per bath is a great help, as you said borax & peroxide are needed though to kill them , the arm & hammer powdered laundry soap kills the deep ones though.

Thanks again for the great list of steps

God bless you ,

Bill

ps: baking soda sprinkled around kills & or repels the bug , I use it in my car seats the vac it out the next day ...
buggie

Rio Rancho, NM

#4 Oct 18, 2010
givealittlebit wrote:
PART 2

...THE BAD NEWS: Supposedly, you can itch up to 2 years. I know are they kidding me!!!...
Is that what the doctors told you? I tend to think this is a scientific explanation and the mites are way ahead of these guys.

I wish only the best for you and I hope you are cured BUT
Well, I find it VERY hard to believe that with such a large family and doing only these steps, that you are cured.
You didn't mention what treatment you used on your cars.
crazed

Astoria, NY

#5 Oct 19, 2010
I'd like to know what works in cars. We've ordered everything we've tried everything .Nothing has worked so far. Every time you think you've beat these things guess what surprise!!! the you would think surprise is not really a surprise any more. wouldn't wish this on any one. Were going on 2 years with these things whatever they are.I call them bionic. Paying car insurance and can't drive with torment. What can I do??? Please somebody. What to do??
Going Nutsy

Benton City, WA

#6 Nov 29, 2010
Fighting these things since August and the premethin helps but doesn't cure totally. Have had five treatments. It is so helpful to know that other people have gone through this; however, I believe it is an indictment of our multi-billion dollar medical system if these people can't kill a flee (and I use the word flee generically). Well, I need to get started ordering the sulphur soap, etc.
jjjeeennn

Kenosha, WI

#7 Nov 30, 2010
DILUTE VINEAGAR AND H2O AND SPRAY ON SKIN AND ANY MITE WILL COME OFF RUNNING (AS FAST AS THE LIL BASTARDS CAN). SULFER SOAP HELPS TREMENDOUSLY. DAMN, WISH THEY WOULD JUST MAKE A DAMN PILL, THAT WOULD WORK INSTANTLY...
Aaron

Hollywood, FL

#8 Nov 30, 2010
crazed wrote:
I'd like to know what works in cars. We've ordered everything we've tried everything .Nothing has worked so far. Every time you think you've beat these things guess what surprise!!! the you would think surprise is not really a surprise any more. wouldn't wish this on any one. Were going on 2 years with these things whatever they are.I call them bionic. Paying car insurance and can't drive with torment. What can I do??? Please somebody. What to do??
Try Cyonara and Nylar mixed with water. from doyourownpestcontrol dot com.
remove the carpet on the floor of your car on the driver's side.
IRAHS

Lafayette, IN

#9 Dec 2, 2010
I have been dealing with scabies for a month. My doc says new marks dont mean reinfestation. I treated with P-cream 5x and tea tree oil every night now for a week and a half. Cleaned and sprayed and powdered my enviroment and car. I had two great days, but man the itching came back last night is was horrible. Help cant sleep!
Mely

Houston, TX

#10 Dec 8, 2012
i don't know why i only have them really bad in my hands, where people can actually see them!! how can i get rid of them AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!? helppp pleasee..
Anonomys

United States

#11 Dec 29, 2012
Mely wrote:
i don't know why i only have them really bad in my hands, where people can actually see them!! how can i get rid of them AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!? helppp pleasee..

I have seen that cutting my finger nails helps a ton and Taking a tooth pick and putting cream under them helps alot. Im 15 years old and have had them for 5 months!

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#12 Dec 31, 2012
Anonomys wrote:
<quoted text>
I have seen that cutting my finger nails helps a ton and Taking a tooth pick and putting cream under them helps alot. Im 15 years old and have had them for 5 months!
Read my post Expert Advice from 2 days ago. You will be free of this is you do what I say. I know from a year's experience and battle with this trying everything until I found out exactly what to do. Read all my posts. You either take advice from people on this forum who STILL HAVE scabies after years or someone who has beat it and knows what they are talking about. Good luck and God bless. scabimex

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#14 Jan 1, 2013
cindilu wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a SPAM. Don't believe anything he says. It's nonsense.
Why do you keep asking me for advise and then replying with a critical spirit? I notice you have been on this forum for 4 years and STILL HAVE scabies! Do yo want to listen to someone sincere who has beat it and can PROVE IT with doctors or keep up this attack on my posts which are just trying to help people. If you can refer me to even ONE DOCTOR in Latin America or MEXICO that tells me it doesn't work, I will personally pay you $100. How's that? Then if you are right (which there is no way you are) you will have some money to buy some more clove oil, and epsom salt and keep your problem going. Cindilu, I have already tried all these other things on the forum for a year and although I got a little relief from at least the DE and enzymes it did not rid me of the problem. I'm telling you one last time that the remedy I FINALLY USED - which everyone in Latin America with scabies uses (and you can easily verify that if you just will) WORKED. What you believe will not changed the TRUTH. It worked. You better believe I brought back some EXTRA product just in case one day I ever get this crap again. I wonlt go through that again! I am at least "teachable". I refuse to go through a year like I did in 2011 with scabies and would never imagine going through it for years and years like you (and others on this forum) without relief. If anyone would like to message me and keep it out of this ridiculous "dog eat dog" Zombie Forum I will be happy to help you privately.

Sorry, but you would be much better served by simply humbling yourself, listening to me and doing EXACTLY what I say and at least trying it (without missing any steps or doing shortcuts). I have nothing of financial interest to gain from telling the truth and I'm just trying to help suffering people!! I for one, think you would be very greatful if you finally were free of it too, wouldn't you. Just sayin'. If you insist on attacking me for my advise, this will be our last contact. Maybe someone out there really wants help?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Need help 36 min desperateHopeful 1
Itchygirl's thread (Sep '10) 58 min Jane Ishka 35
why you are not beating the mites..... (Jul '10) 11 hr shoshonerocker 36
long term scabies? here's what's up!! (Oct '07) 11 hr doctor rash 46
Hard to clear scabies 12 hr Tracy73438 1
Scabies or Dust mites? Fri lorna 9
small family scabie problem Fri lorna 9
how do i get rid of scabies once and for all? i... (Feb '07) Fri Amanda Wealthintaste 4,650
More from around the web