ivermectin
Mary

Hollywood, FL

#162 Jun 28, 2007
Just not sure how much propylene glycol to use in the mixture. I figure 50/50.
Mary

Hollywood, FL

#163 Jun 28, 2007
have already ordered the glycol.
Fed Up

AOL

#164 Jun 28, 2007
Mary wrote:
Been There. I am going to try it. I already have ivermectin 1%. I just have to order the propylene glycol. Thank you for posting this article. the only thing I don't know is how much propylene glycol to use. I know how much ivermectin to use in the mixture.
<quoted text>
The propylene glycol is already mixed in the 1% Ivomec used for cattle and swine. 1% ivermectin and 40% propylene glycol. Same as the generic brands of oral iver for cattle.
Mary

Hollywood, FL

#165 Jun 28, 2007
Good to know, Fed Up. You are one step ahead of me. he he he. Ummm, but I will mix it anyway, as it will be used topically and not orally. Was stated in the article that our godmother, Been There, posted.
Fed Up wrote:
<quoted text>
The propylene glycol is already mixed in the 1% Ivomec used for cattle and swine. 1% ivermectin and 40% propylene glycol. Same as the generic brands of oral iver for cattle.
Fed Up

AOL

#166 Jun 28, 2007
Mary wrote:
Good to know, Fed Up. You are one step ahead of me. he he he. Ummm, but I will mix it anyway, as it will be used topically and not orally. Was stated in the article that our godmother, Been There, posted.
<quoted text>
OK you let me know your recipe, I may try it too. But please tell me in ml's or cc's not kilograms.
Been There

United States

#167 Jun 28, 2007
Ivermectin paste 1.87% is formulated at the recommended oral dose of 250ug/kg bw but the lable does not claim to treat sarcoptic mange. don't think this works used orally.

Avermectin injectables 1% formulated at the recommended injectable dose of 250ug/kg bw to 400ug/kg to treat sarcoptic mange. We know this works for farm and domestic animals.

Avermectin pour-ons 0.5% formulated to deliver the recommended dosage of 500 g/kg (227 g/lb) body weight when applied topically at the rate of 1 mL/22 lb body weight to treat sarcoptic mange. We know this works for farm and domestic animals.

Then there are the feed-ins.......
Been There

United States

#168 Jun 28, 2007
make that recommended 200ug/kg bw for the paste and the injectable.
Kristin

Ogden, UT

#169 Jun 29, 2007
Mary wrote:
the A/c is good Kristin. It will get the humidity out of the air, and you know, the mites thrive off of wetness. Find that ivermectin from abc and use it when you can; don't be afraid of it.
<quoted text>
Thanks Mary, I got a doctor to prescribe me real ivermectin so I don't have to worry about getting stuff online that partially works or doesn't work at all. I just wanted to know should I use the nits for my hair and the permethrin the doctor gave me while doing the stromectol or should I wait 24 hours after taking the stromectol and then do those two? And do I wait a week or two before he gives me the second dose if I were to need it?

ANd yes the air conditioner will dry out any I have in my room I'm sure but the only thing is the water from the air conditioner goes into a pale I have behind it and you say they like moisture, hopefully they wouldn't want to be in the water bucket.
Mary

Hollywood, FL

#170 Jun 29, 2007
I am not sure if you should use everything at once, or should you take the ivermectin and then wait a few days and then do your permethrin/nix topically. Since the eggs hatch out on all different days, I think it is good to space out your doses, in order to kill recent hatchlings, and to have consistent coverage. Regarding your a/c, arrange it so it drips outside and NOT INSIDE. The a/c is made to take out the humidity in the air. If you constantly have humidity in the air, then the a/c has to work harder. The bucket full of water is humidity. Get that bucket OUTSIDE.
Kristin wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Mary, I got a doctor to prescribe me real ivermectin so I don't have to worry about getting stuff online that partially works or doesn't work at all. I just wanted to know should I use the nits for my hair and the permethrin the doctor gave me while doing the stromectol or should I wait 24 hours after taking the stromectol and then do those two? And do I wait a week or two before he gives me the second dose if I were to need it?
ANd yes the air conditioner will dry out any I have in my room I'm sure but the only thing is the water from the air conditioner goes into a pale I have behind it and you say they like moisture, hopefully they wouldn't want to be in the water bucket.
Fed Up

AOL

#171 Jun 29, 2007
I wanted you to notice how this say's Dog's(Adult's)In the home treatment. Sounds like people m,ay have been using the pour on all along. What do you think Mary, Been There.

RE: Home Remedies for Dog WORMS {including heartworms}, Red
Post by Birdsnflight (2)|(04/23/2007)
Profile | Contact

Thought I would share some with all of you for parasites in dogs (worms, tapes, hooks , round & pin) well we all know that Tape worms come from fleas (when a dog/pupy swallow a flea they then begin there cycle inside our dog) well for hunters they use Tobacco ( yes a filterless cigg) in their food, but there is a very good , but very strong wormer out there you can buy especially for the breeders it is called "Valbazen" (and is a cattle & sheep wormer) you give 1/2 cc per 10lbs (must know dogs weight!)

Also for a natural way to keep fleas & ticks off is APPLE CIDER VINIGER, in the water everyday depending on your size bowel .( 4 cup bowel 1 tbls) 1-2 cup bowel 1 tsp etc.

Then I have another for ALL parasites (worms, fleas, ticks, biting flies , ear mites, Mange etc.) this is called "Ivermectin POUR-ON"... there is a special directions (not on box !!!! I have this from my friend who has a very large kennel 750 dogs) and uses it for all dogs & puppies in kennel for use on dogs and puppies and this you put one 1x per month for ALL parasites... but you have to be very careful when using this and mix exactly!

DOGS:(adults) 1 part rubbing alcohol / to 1 part ivermec POUR-ON 1 cc per 10lbs 1 x per month use gloves and don't touch with your hands use syringe and put in middle of back)

PUPPIES: 5 parts of rubbing alcohol/ to 1 part of Ivermec POUR-ON 3/10cc of body weight.(Use gloves when putting on & use a syringe in middle of back)

I cannot afford frontline for all 17 of mine so this is what I use on them, I was injecting them 1 x per month but it burns when injected with Ivvermec. this is really for people with a kennel, hunting dogs or more then 3 in a household that stay outside.

And if your dog has heartworms.....use "Artemisia Combination" or look up "Bandits recovery", or "natural heartworm treatment" on internet, this stuff works & I use it too, being around so many animals everyday we also can get parasites so to keep them down and not out of control ...lol in me I use it and it is Cheap, all of these are not expensive to buy & use.
Nancy White
Pet Shack Of Northside
Fed Up

AOL

#172 Jun 29, 2007
Maybe I just read that wrong???????
Mary

Hollywood, FL

#173 Jun 29, 2007
No one that I know if (except me) has used pour on on this forum. This is the first time that I have read someone using pour on on their dogs this way, by mixing alcohol with the ivermectin and then putting it on their backs. The pour on already has alcohol in it. I do not have that much experience with the pour on Fed Up. If you would like to use it, just ensure you don't overdose those little dogs of yours.
I can't remember, but I think the instructions said to use 1 cc per 22 pounds of weight. So, your dogs are like 6 pounds each, right? or not even... so not even a half of a cc for each dog. Call your vet.
Fed Up wrote:
Maybe I just read that wrong???????
Sam

United States

#174 Jun 29, 2007
Kristin wrote:
<quoted text>
Kristin, my input on your question is to do all of it at the same time. That's just my opinion. Maybe ask your doctor. One doctor told me to use the ivermectin and permethrin at the same time, but did I listen? No, I thought I would outsmart them by using one, then 3 days later the other.
2ScratchOrNot2Sc ratch

Sanford, NC

#175 Jun 30, 2007
Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
Kristin, my input on your question is to do all of it at the same time. That's just my opinion. Maybe ask your doctor. One doctor told me to use the ivermectin and permethrin at the same time, but did I listen? No, I thought I would outsmart them by using one, then 3 days later the other.
YOu really showed him, didn't ya? lo]
Kristin

Ogden, UT

#176 Jun 30, 2007
It's a stand up air conditioner there is no way I can get the bucket ouside, these are very small, very short hoses that empty out into a small pan or a bucket they won't reach out a window they are only about three inches long and hang out from the air conditioner over whatever is catching the water.

And I think using them all at the same time is better like Sam said you don't want to miss anything, and my doctor said he would re prescribe everything in a week or two if I needed it to ensure coverage for anything new that might hatch. So i'm hoping this is my last month of this shit and I will be better, at least my doctors out here dont think I'm nuts which makes me feel better.
scabid

Lakeland, FL

#177 Jul 2, 2007
http://www.inchem.org/documents/pims/pharm/iv...

6. KINETICS

An alcoholic oral solution of ivermectin was reported to have approximately twice the systemic availability of ivermectin capsules or tablets.......

I took my first dose of jeffers Ivermectin paste 1.87% this weekend. I emptied some cranberry gel capsules and filled them up with the proper dose for my weight along with the martins perethrin broken with olive oil for full body.
The link above talks about the drug ivermectin and it mentioned how an alcohol solution would carry the drug twice as effectively through your system, since the drug tends to be very insoluble.
Also mentioned there that the biological half life of ivermectin in humans by oral ingestion is 10-12 hours, which is way shorter then what I read on some of the topics on the forum that suggested 3 days.
Anybody care to coment on that?

My upper body reacted well to the (martins or permectrin II which is harsher)permethrin but my legs sweat more so I've been using the full 10% since the sweat would desolve my 5% solution into nothing.
Mary

Hollywood, FL

#178 Jul 2, 2007
I have heard that ivermectin only last 24 hours. but i cannot show you an article on that. so, your half life sounds about right. Been There? where are you at?
scabid wrote:
http://www.inchem.org/document s/pims/pharm/ivermect.htm#Sect ionTitle:6.1%20Absorption%20by %20route%20of%20exposure
6. KINETICS
An alcoholic oral solution of ivermectin was reported to have approximately twice the systemic availability of ivermectin capsules or tablets.......
I took my first dose of jeffers Ivermectin paste 1.87% this weekend. I emptied some cranberry gel capsules and filled them up with the proper dose for my weight along with the martins perethrin broken with olive oil for full body.
The link above talks about the drug ivermectin and it mentioned how an alcohol solution would carry the drug twice as effectively through your system, since the drug tends to be very insoluble.
Also mentioned there that the biological half life of ivermectin in humans by oral ingestion is 10-12 hours, which is way shorter then what I read on some of the topics on the forum that suggested 3 days.
Anybody care to coment on that?
My upper body reacted well to the (martins or permectrin II which is harsher)permethrin but my legs sweat more so I've been using the full 10% since the sweat would desolve my 5% solution into nothing.
Unsure

Diamond Bar, CA

#179 Jul 4, 2007
Mary wrote:
I have heard that ivermectin only last 24 hours. but i cannot show you an article on that. so, your half life sounds about right. Been There? where are you at?
<quoted text>

what is the best cite to get the iver and horse paste
Sam

United States

#180 Jul 4, 2007
unsure - your question is unclear. the horse paste is ivermectin 1.87% and the best place to get it is at your local feed store.
Mary

Hollywood, FL

#181 Jul 4, 2007
Unsure wrote:
<quoted text>
what is the best cite to get the iver and horse paste
go to jeffers equine online. they are quick in their delivery.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Humco Sulfur on Cats? (Oct '08) 4 hr Been There 23
grapfruit essential oil cured them!!!! 6 hr IamPlagueBringer 9
Finally cured after many years battle with scabies 7 hr Aas 7
the cure is so simple, I can't believe it...... (Jan '11) 17 hr cillastrickland 1,505
can scabies be passed by touching things? (Jun '08) Sun sdcsteve 9
How to keep these mites out of your hair (Mar '10) Sep 17 Anneproudfoot 126
ivermectin dosage chart and info (Oct '11) Sep 17 MandygotMites 944
More from around the web