ivermectin
unsure

Buffalo Grove, IL

#182 Jul 4, 2007
Sam wrote:
unsure - your question is unclear. the horse paste is ivermectin 1.87% and the best place to get it is at your local feed store.
i meant the iver by mouth and the horse paste topical
Mary

Hollywood, FL

#183 Jul 4, 2007
Unsure. You can get ivermectin 1% from jeffers, too. That is an injectible, but you can take it orally. The horsepaste you take orally. You can make a mixture of 1% and olive oil and apply topically, but you have to be careful with dosage. You can get ivermectin for human usage from india from abcmedics.com (but it's very expensive).
unsure

Buffalo Grove, IL

#184 Jul 4, 2007
Mary wrote:
Unsure. You can get ivermectin 1% from jeffers, too. That is an injectible, but you can take it orally. The horsepaste you take orally. You can make a mixture of 1% and olive oil and apply topically, but you have to be careful with dosage. You can get ivermectin for human usage from india from abcmedics.com (but it's very expensive).
Thanks Mary, have you tried the iver paste orally, or even the human dosage. What all have you tried?
Sam

United States

#185 Aug 5, 2007
Does everyone take their iver at night or in the morning?

“MM&M”

Since: Jul 07

Misery in Missouri

#186 Aug 5, 2007
Taking at 4:oo p.m. Body naturally slows down, small meal at 8:00 p.m. BB treatment at 4:00 with another app. before bed. Antibiotics twice a day. if working, I take with me and the boys have explicit instructions and seem to be compliant. They are actually reminding me of some things and they are calling to check on me.

“MM&M”

Since: Jul 07

Misery in Missouri

#187 Aug 5, 2007
We are also keeping a log of our symptoms, treatments,reactions, observations, and questions. We have a calendar to keep track of our dosing and treatment schedule, of course subject to change, "just guidelines" mate.
DownWithTheMite

Missouri City, TX

#188 Aug 5, 2007
Cured, know more itching:-)

The wife and I had a BAD case of Scabies. We took Ivermectin and Permethrin treatments. Full cost to get rid of it was $12.00 for the ivermectin and Permethrin, and they charged us another $5.00 for shipping; that was a total of $17.00.

Thanks to all of you and all the info on the Internet about Scabies, we did not have to pay a doctor anything! Just $17.00. We are in our 60s.

Got Ivermectin:
http://www.kyhorse.com/store/wormers/iverease...

Got Permethrin:
http://kyhorse.com/store/pest/zonkit.htm

We sprayed Permethrin on our sheet and clothing(out-side and inside-out)

Lightly sprayed our skin.

Also added a little Permethrin to our ant-itch potion that I wrote about a few weeks ago.

Here is a related point of intrest:
http://www.permethrin-repellent.com/permethri...
Been There

United States

#189 Aug 5, 2007
Sam wrote:
Does everyone take their iver at night or in the morning?
usually in the evening before bed.
Been There

United States

#190 Aug 16, 2007
Stromectol (Ivermectin)
Data Sheet

http://www.medsafe.govt.nz/Profs/datasheet/s/...
Been There

United States

#191 Aug 16, 2007
6mg Ivermectin discription of tablets from this manufacturer

http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic/ivermectin_...
Scabies3

United States

#196 Dec 21, 2008
http://www.mybunny.org/info/mites.pdf

notice that they say to use 400 micrograms per kilo of body weight and NOT 200 micrograms. Even though they are talking about rabbits, it's the same with any warm blooded animal.
Angel

Shenyang, China

#197 Dec 22, 2008
Scabies3 wrote:
http://www.mybunny.org/info/mi tes.pdf
notice that they say to use 400 micrograms per kilo of body weight and NOT 200 micrograms. Even though they are talking about rabbits, it's the same with any warm blooded animal.
Thank you Scbies3 for your information :)

In this article, the dose of 400 ug per kg is for ear mite, what is the difference between ear mites and sarcoptic mites? The treatments for both are same?
Scabies3

United States

#199 Dec 25, 2008
Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Scbies3 for your information :)
In this article, the dose of 400 ug per kg is for ear mite, what is the difference between ear mites and sarcoptic mites? The treatments for both are same?
Not sure about your question. the only thing that I know is that sometimes the usual dosage of 200 micrograms per kilo of body weight, does not effect a cure. It's better to go with a larger dose, BUT TO READ THAT THEY ARE USING TWICE THE REGULAR DOSAGE IS NEWS TO ME.
Angel

Shenyang, China

#200 Dec 25, 2008
Scabies3 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure about your question. the only thing that I know is that sometimes the usual dosage of 200 micrograms per kilo of body weight, does not effect a cure. It's better to go with a larger dose, BUT TO READ THAT THEY ARE USING TWICE THE REGULAR DOSAGE IS NEWS TO ME.
My question is I'm not sure the 400ug/kilo dosage this article suggests is for ear mite treatment or for sarcoptic mite treatment.

I agree with you that sometimes the usual dosage of 200ug/kilo is not effective enough. I'm going to do my Iver treatment at the dosage of 250ug/kilo body weight.
Scabies3

United States

#201 Dec 26, 2008
Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
My question is I'm not sure the 400ug/kilo dosage this article suggests is for ear mite treatment or for sarcoptic mite treatment.
I agree with you that sometimes the usual dosage of 200ug/kilo is not effective enough. I'm going to do my Iver treatment at the dosage of 250ug/kilo body weight.
From the look of those pictures, the rabbits were really bad off with this. I think it depends on how bad the infestation is, but there has been cases of immunity build up to ivermectin; hence, the higher doses.
Wanders

United States

#202 Dec 28, 2008
slomo wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I am the voice of paranoia.
I have been cured for a while now. It took too many rounds of Ivermectin ( something like 6 or 7), and Benzyl benzoate topical. I had it in the past and 2 rounds of Iver did the trick then.
I think I may have been keep getting reinfected at work or from a friend of mine who I see usually once a week.
It is not exatly an easy topic to bring up. Like "Hey buddy I notice you are scrathing a lot"
Does 2 rounds of Iver, mean you had to go back to the doc for a refill or do you mean two days of treatment?

Does a treatment with Iver actually kill the eggs, with all Ive read Im taken it as the Iver kills the eggs and the lotions kill the ones on the skin.... what about the female mites that tunnel... does the Iver also kill them?-cry- I feel like rubbing gasoline all over my body and lighting a match.
Angel

Dalian, China

#203 Dec 28, 2008
Wanders wrote:
<quoted text>
Does a treatment with Iver actually kill the eggs, with all Ive read Im taken it as the Iver kills the eggs and the lotions kill the ones on the skin.... what about the female mites that tunnel... does the Iver also kill them?-cry- I feel like rubbing gasoline all over my body and lighting a match.
Both the Iver and the lotion do not kill the eggs.
It seems there is no scabicide can kill the eggs(some poster here said maybe lindane kill the eggs.)

So you have to repeat treating untill every egg is hatched and the resulting mite is killed.
Scabies3

United States

#204 Dec 28, 2008
Wanders wrote:
<quoted text>
Does 2 rounds of Iver, mean you had to go back to the doc for a refill or do you mean two days of treatment?
Best to do 4 rounds of ivermectin 7 days apart, along with a topical of your choice; i.e., permethrin, benzyl benzoate lotion, malathion lotion, lindane, or Eurax. You have to wait for the eggs to hatch out and get a little age on them for the iver to work. My vet told me to wait exactly 14 days and then do another round of injections to all my pets. 14 days give the eggs a chance to hatch and mature. But, the problem with that is, the eggs hatch out every single day, they are all different ages.... by that time, all 4 of my pets were heavily infested and I started to get infested and then all hell broke loose in my home.
Welty

AOL

#205 Dec 28, 2008
Remember that Iver is a team player. If you have l0-15 adult mites laying 3-5 eggs a day then you are killing l5 mites and not killing any of the 60 offspring. Speaking from experience I found that Iver is great for turning the topical treatment of your choice into a complete kill, as most topicals have the only trouble killing the more burrowed down adults. And a complete kill is way, way, way better than a continual rollar coaster of incomplete kills! So Iver is valuable, but when used alone, it keeps supplying a lot of opportunities for sigh, reinfestation. Perm plus Iver works the way Perm used to. Still, I'd still recoommend two treatments a week apart with the topical of your choice. Perm, Acabiol, Eurax. Sulfer would be different, because it still takes a week of head to toe coverage with the ointment, but I'm sure it would accelerate that longer treatment, especially if you took the Iver at the beginning and a week later.
Welty

AOL

#206 Dec 28, 2008
I mean because Iver does not kill immature mites or eggs, only adult mites. This is newbie info, everybody else on this site knows this. But by itself, Iver is not a wonder drug!!!! With something else, it makes that into a wonder topical.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What is the oral doseage for ivermectin ? can y... (Aug '14) 1 hr difficultsit 10
How common are asymptomatic carriers of scabies? (Mar '10) 1 hr oh brother 17
Nodular Scabies - After the bugs are dead 3 hr magpie 12
ivermectin dosage chart and info (Oct '11) 23 hr miserable 686
i cured scabies!! permethrin does not work!! (Aug '11) Mon Liz9494 102
Taste of ivermectin? (Aug '07) Mon overkill 7
Oral Ivermectin in scabies patients (Jul '12) Mon poorme 13
how do i get rid of scabies once and for all? i... (Feb '07) Mon lostneedhelp 4,488
More from around the web