Benzyl Benzoate lotion on genitals? Please help

Posted in the Scabies Forum

Robert85

Glasgow, UK

#1 Dec 25, 2008
Hello there,

My doctors feels that I may have scabies and have prescribed me Benzyl Benzoate lotion to apply to my body.

Apparently from what I read you are to apply this to the entire body from the neck down, even unaffected areas.

The worse of my itching (mostly at night) seems to be on my penis, where i have some very small red sores on the shaft, behind the foreskin and on the head of the penis is the most itchy.

The instructions on the label says that it is not to by applied to mucous membranes, mouth, nose eyes etc, however it also includes the genitals in its warnings.

I was hoping to apply it to the genitals, otherwise how am I going to eradicate the infection?

Is application to the genitals safe - even the head of the penis, foreskin and testical sack?

Thanks in advance
Angel

Shenyang, China

#2 Dec 25, 2008
For scabies treatment, you have to apply the scabicide to the entire body, including face and scalp. Many people here have scabies on the face and scalp.If you don't have it on your head, you also need to treat your head to avoid the mites moving to there from other part of your body.

I'm not sure if BB is OK for the genital area. Some people did say in this thread(:http://www.topix.com/f orum/health/scabies/T864HA3G1T UK8OR15)that they got burning sensation when they wash it off or BB is on the moisture area. Water triggers the burning sensation. I'm afraid the genital area is moisure.

Can you get Permethrin? I think Perm is not so irritating like BB. It can be applied to almost every part of the body.
Welty

AOL

#3 Dec 26, 2008
In India they have a l meter, small BB tank that people squa in to be sure to cover the perineal area. That's the junk and the taint and the rosebud in back. They have people use a piece of gauze first on their body to GENTLY scrub their pimples first to let the BB in. Then they get in, squat and cover themselves head, face, scalp everything, by spreading it with their hands. Then, they have them dress in clean clothes, which they tell them not to remove for 24 hours. So, I guess I'd do this on a weekend. Then they shower off. Actually, I wish they had brand name BB here in this country. Also, hate to say it, but if you have fresh itching after this treatment, then you are supposed to do a followup treatment in seven days, according to the docs. They say that BB is an 80% cure in one treatment and about l00% in two. I'd go for it. In "Operation Dunking", you can google it, they said the only complication people had was some had a transient inflmamation of the eyes. I believe that you got Ascabiol, which I think has more buffers in it, and might burn at first, but will not hurt you permanently. Homemade BB is much more likely to burn. Oh, and in "Operation Dunking" they used the same small BB tank for 500 people and mites can't get immune to it. But you can get it back if some aren't killed. So they say if you still get new bumps to do a second treatent. Let us know how you do with the BB. P.S. I believe that Women would have a worse time with the BB in that Nether area than men. Your foreskin might make your skin there a bit more like a woman's, but again, women have to apply to this region also. Good luck and let us know how it goes, okay? We could use more BB info from members who used real brand name BB. Remember, to gently use a clean washcloth or gauze first for best results, don't overdo. It helps penetration.
Welty

AOL

#4 Dec 26, 2008
squat in. Because it's not that big. Look up (google) "Operation Dunking" for this article. Anyway, they reuse the BB for hundreds of people and this way it's cheaper to treat a lot of people.
Scabies3

United States

#5 Dec 27, 2008
Robert85 wrote:
Hello there,
My doctors feels that I may have scabies and have prescribed me Benzyl Benzoate lotion to apply to my body.
Apparently from what I read you are to apply this to the entire body from the neck down, even unaffected areas.
The worse of my itching (mostly at night) seems to be on my penis, where i have some very small red sores on the shaft, behind the foreskin and on the head of the penis is the most itchy.
The instructions on the label says that it is not to by applied to mucous membranes, mouth, nose eyes etc, however it also includes the genitals in its warnings.
I was hoping to apply it to the genitals, otherwise how am I going to eradicate the infection?
Is application to the genitals safe - even the head of the penis, foreskin and testical sack?
Thanks in advance
suck it up and apply that lotion all over your handle.
AbominableEvil

United States

#6 Sep 29, 2011
Hi folks,
I am trying to figure out how recent this posting forum is. Can someone email me at cymiryl@aol.com if you are active on here. i am about to order a ton of stuff from this site and wanted to know if any of you have looked into these products and found they helped you too?
thanks Cymiryl@aol.com

PS: Has anyone used this and found it helps to get rid of these evil bastard parasites?
Dermisil Sulfur Lavender Natural, Homeopathic Soap
Also, what shampoos do you guys recommend?? Would a Lice shampoo help too?
Darin Torres

Phoenix, AZ

#7 Aug 31, 2013
Welty wrote:
In India they have a l meter, small BB tank that people squa in to be sure to cover the perineal area. That's the junk and the taint and the rosebud in back. They have people use a piece of gauze first on their body to GENTLY scrub their pimples first to let the BB in. Then they get in, squat and cover themselves head, face, scalp everything, by spreading it with their hands. Then, they have them dress in clean clothes, which they tell them not to remove for 24 hours. So, I guess I'd do this on a weekend. Then they shower off. Actually, I wish they had brand name BB here in this country. Also, hate to say it, but if you have fresh itching after this treatment, then you are supposed to do a followup treatment in seven days, according to the docs. They say that BB is an 80% cure in one treatment and about l00% in two. I'd go for it. In "Operation Dunking", you can google it, they said the only complication people had was some had a transient inflmamation of the eyes. I believe that you got Ascabiol, which I think has more buffers in it, and might burn at first, but will not hurt you permanently. Homemade BB is much more likely to burn. Oh, and in "Operation Dunking" they used the same small BB tank for 500 people and mites can't get immune to it. But you can get it back if some aren't killed. So they say if you still get new bumps to do a second treatent. Let us know how you do with the BB. P.S. I believe that Women would have a worse time with the BB in that Nether area than men. Your foreskin might make your skin there a bit more like a woman's, but again, women have to apply to this region also. Good luck and let us know how it goes, okay? We could use more BB info from members who used real brand name BB. Remember, to gently use a clean washcloth or gauze first for best results, don't overdo. It helps penetration.
Hey men I was reading this right now and I would really apreciated if u could give me the name of the bb brand ur talking about please and thank you.
Gorakh

Port Louis, Mauritius

#8 Monday Apr 13
I want use benzyl benzoate emulsion on my hand I'm feeling itching and burning morning and night time Doctor given me benzyl benzoate emulsion but I have forget how to use it so please give me suggestions how to use

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The ONLY Scabies cure that actually worked - Ps... (Jun '14) 55 min God Bless Baltimore 58
Scabies on face and scalp? (Aug '07) 3 hr Daisy 937
2 scabies VIDEOS 7 hr Jeff Tate 6
how do i get rid of scabies once and for all? i... (Feb '07) 7 hr Patriotjj 4,356
How to 100% get rid of scabies 7 hr Patriotjj 1
News Scabies Is Highly Contagious (Mar '06) 8 hr mites 7,267
Biting sensation, crawling, thin scratch lines 11 hr wannaemgone2 39
More from around the web