Bird mites
Jnana

Andrews, NC

#1 Jul 17, 2014
Could I leave my home for a few days and the bird mites would die? Like lice?
drunkenbutterfly

Sterling, VA

#2 Jul 19, 2014
I'm afraid not. I left for a week and was swarmed when I got home and climbed into my bed. Going away for a few days won't do it -- and eliminating them is really hard. I'm in the process now, and it is exhausting.

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#3 Jul 20, 2014
Eucalyptus oil will kill them, mix in water for your body ( start off with 5 drops to 250ml water then increase amounts until your skin gets used to it) and spray on your floor, bed ( lightly) and window sills.

Spray a lot of oil mixed with water to spread it out on your floor. Careful inhaling the vapour's. There is an alcohol/ethanol mix you can get as well, mix this with water for volume in your spray bottle.

For body and bed use a fine mist spray. For the floor etc use empty spray bottle.

Also kills scabies mites on the skin, environment and in the wash ( put on soak cycle). In the wash will kill dust mites too on your stuff.

Keep pets out of area.

do this daily. find the nest or area, keep being persistent.

Euclypt is also a very cheap oil.( is flammable....)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Take it to the next level: Albendazole and Praz... (Jul '13) 16 hr Bugged out 49
How long do EXTERNAL eggs and mites take to die... (Nov '09) Mon 1DAYATATIME16 102
My Ivermectin Treatment Story (Apr '12) Sun Southernbell58 1,407
Scabies but no rash, just itching & crawling fe... (Mar '12) Sun NncyB 155
Removing Scabies from your Environment (Jan '08) Sun Adana 286
How long does Ivermectin take to work? (Mar '10) May 20 And a healthy 2017 222
Scabies Inside The Vagina (Nov '07) May 19 Keonna 128
More from around the web