Biosilk Silk Therapy Treatment
Pokadot Patty

United States

#43 Feb 2, 2010
Mabaraba wrote:
I am about to try the Biosilk treament on my scabies. I went on line to order it and found that there are numerous products. Amazon carries it and when I went to order it, it said Biosilk Therapy conditioner. Is this the same product? There is also a Biosilk therapy leave in treatment which is a little more expensive. I am thinking that the product you used is the "leave in treatment". Please advise as I'm eager to try this before I go totally mad!
Thanks!
It is the leave in treatment. If you get it off ebay it is cheaper, but can take as long as a week to get it.

Here is a link that will show you the actual bottle;

http://www.biosilk.com/silk/st.html

Here's a recipe for the spray on that I have come up with to treat my dogs, self and fabric furniture. For dogs and furniture leave out the generic Benadryl.

3 drops Lemongrass oil
1/5oz cedarwood oil
5 drops peppermint oil
2oz. reg. alcohol
7 capseals Generic Benadryl

In a 6oz. spray bottle mix alcohol and oils. Add water to almost full. Cut off end of capseals and pour into mixture. Shake for a few minutes. Spray all over until damp (mist over hair too). Takes 4 or 5 minutes to penetrate...and you will notice the relief.

Has a med.strong cedar smell that disapates to nothing in a couple of hours. Any that bite die, but is a strong repellent for them.

Works for 4 hours.

It does not kill the ones under the skin like Biosilk, but gives exceptional relief so you can at least sit still and sleep.

Can be use for itchy spot treatment.

Patty
Pokadot Patty

United States

#44 Feb 2, 2010
benG1 wrote:
Hello Mabaraba , it's this type you want ;
www.topcutshairdressing.co.uk/shop/index.php...
But not from this site as it's in the UK and they've run out !
Good luck !
Ben,

Please read my last post on this thread. It is my latest discovery....Poor mans Cedarcide.
If you can please read Vann's last post on this thread. I will not tell you what you have...you know that better than anyone else.
Just know that there are people pulling for you and that really care....even if one is an ass.

Love and kisses,
Patty

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#45 Feb 2, 2010
:) LOL ! Thanks ....cedar's not such a bad smell. I do read them and he may be right but you know what I mean ... I need to get a positive diagnosis for a couple of reasons ; I'm very in debt , I'm in total conflict with health authorities but have the legal right to force 'them' to carry out the recommended investigative procedures which they've never done ! The NHS(UK health system ..FREE ish plus tax etc !) will work for you but it's still intimadating when you're on your own as they have the power to 'diagnose' you as nuts as in 'delusional paraisitosis' an illegal term in the US. I had some specimens checked in November and I still haven't heard from them so I'm going to a higher level of complaint .What you said is nice to know and is very much appreciated.

Location hidden

#46 Feb 2, 2010
PS ....That's a great recipe ,I can buy all of that stuff locally; I'm moving soon but there's no way I can afford to leave all my furniture so I guess I should put it all in one room in the new place, spray it with your mix and leave it for a week 10 days or so..18 months if it's bird mites .LOL ...part of me thinks I should dump everything...I don't know any more .......
Jacqui Smoor

Birmingham, UK

#47 Feb 3, 2010
Biosilk silk therapy is very good but I think Chi silk infusion is better you can use for skin as well.
I founded on-line shop with very low prices
www.lorashop.co.uk

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#48 Feb 3, 2010
benG1,

I'm really sorry to hear all this. My GP referred me to a psychiatrict..saying i am nuts.

I recently found this and maybe you can try to e-mail them? I hope it helps you in one way or another. http://www.insectresearch.com/contact.htm

I also found we can get Biosilk through ebay uk site..its cheaper.
Mabaraba

United States

#49 Feb 3, 2010
RE:

"It is the leave in treatment. If you get it off ebay it is cheaper, but can take as long as a week to get it.
Here's a recipe for the spray on that I have come up with to treat my dogs, self and fabric furniture."

Thanks, I did order some of the leave in treatment Biiosilk off of Amazon--may not have been the best price, but it should get here sooner. Can't wait to try it. And the recipe sounds good too. I will pass the info along to my sister who got these bugs from a hotel and then unknowlingly I got them from her....sigh We're both going NUTS and trying everything we can, but they seem to keep coming back... This is a great, informative, site!
M
Pokadot Patty

United States

#50 Feb 3, 2010
Mabaraba wrote:
RE:
"It is the leave in treatment. If you get it off ebay it is cheaper, but can take as long as a week to get it.
Here's a recipe for the spray on that I have come up with to treat my dogs, self and fabric furniture."
Thanks, I did order some of the leave in treatment Biiosilk off of Amazon--may not have been the best price, but it should get here sooner. Can't wait to try it. And the recipe sounds good too. I will pass the info along to my sister who got these bugs from a hotel and then unknowlingly I got them from her....sigh We're both going NUTS and trying everything we can, but they seem to keep coming back... This is a great, informative, site!
M
Always forgetting something! The lemongrass oil. If you have lavender oil, orange oil,or lemon oil...use them until you use them up. They all kill the bug and will wotk just as well as the lemongrass.

The generic benadryl will not stop them from biting, but it will not be as sharp a bite and it will not trigger an allergic massive itch attack.
Mabaraba

United States

#51 Feb 3, 2010
Patty,

How did you discover that the Biosilk works like this--whatever made you think to do this?!

M
Caz - Birmingham UK

UK

#52 Feb 3, 2010
Hi Jacqui Smoor

You said Chi silk infusion is good. Have you managed to get rid of scabies with this product?
Pokadot Patty

United States

#53 Feb 3, 2010
Caz - Birmingham UK wrote:
Hi Jacqui Smoor
You said Chi silk infusion is good. Have you managed to get rid of scabies with this product?
In the very short period of time I have been using it....it has worked extremely well.
I was heavily infested both body and enviroment....due to 1 1/2 years of uneffective treatments. Yes....even Ivermectin.

With this I have the added plus of seeing how many and what size I have on my body. This lets me know how I am doing on cleaning up my enviroment.

Here is a link so you can see the actual product bottle. Enlarge it if you can not read the front of the bottle.

Patty
Pokadot Patty

United States

#54 Feb 3, 2010
Mabaraba wrote:
Patty,
How did you discover that the Biosilk works like this--whatever made you think to do this?!
M
My hair was extremely dry due to treatments to get them out of hair and scalp. I originally applied a few drops to hair.

After a few minutes I noticed that the small grainy ones were going down my neck from my hair. I wiped them off. A few minutes later they started comming out of my hands and fingers. I kept wiping them off, but they kept comming out.

I had never seen that many come out....not even with the DMSO and Hydrogen Peroxide treatments. So I decided to try it on my face. Same result. Both face and hands felt great....smooth and soft.

It was only logical to take it a set further...to the full body.
That was the night of the freak show...or parade of scabies as per Vann's first post.

I have repeated it every other night since then.
I no longer have any egg laying size comming out of my skin....just babies. I put it on my face a couple times a day.
Patty
Pokadot Patty

United States

#55 Feb 3, 2010
My first full body treatment was the night of Jaanuary 23, 2010... 11 days ago.

Update:

My treatment last night ..... still getting tinys and teeny tinies by the thousands....no egg layers.
No itches on scalp, but will continue to treat scalp so long as I am treating body. Do not want them going back to well areas.

No bumps or rash.
Small (just barely noticible) itchiness on rump.

Hands still have many comming out (no egg layers). Guess that is due to having to handle laundry and cleaning.
BKA

West Lafayette, IN

#56 Feb 3, 2010
Pokadot Patty wrote:
My first full body treatment was the night of Jaanuary 23, 2010... 11 days ago.
Update:
My treatment last night ..... still getting tinys and teeny tinies by the thousands....no egg layers.
No itches on scalp, but will continue to treat scalp so long as I am treating body. Do not want them going back to well areas.
No bumps or rash.
Small (just barely noticible) itchiness on rump.
Hands still have many comming out (no egg layers). Guess that is due to having to handle laundry and cleaning.
Patty
sounds like your doing better thats good to hear my last full body treatment with Bio-silk was1/28 I have some rash on my right arm legs an belly an back are clear I've been spot treating my arm with Iver: an Bio:but nothing seems to come off when I do now I think its just a rash nothing comes off anywhere when I treat sounds good BUT I've come to the concluestion I didnt have sabies IT'S BIRD MITES I had Black bird living in my wash room celing I closed it off so thay couldnt get in I had back surgery in july augest is when this started. I still havnt got them out of my hair but dont notice as many I quit smoking after my surgery an quit hard drinking about 3 yrs ago it's been down hill every sence one thing after another so I bought a pack of ciggs yesterday an after I went to see my son today that was here yesterday he is covered in these I went to the liquer store If I cant beat them I'll get them drunk lol By the way CVS has BIO-SILK 12oz for $35 an also a cocoa butter body oil you cant wash off in the shower $6 I havnt had any new nods sence 1/25 need to go now things are getting bleary an Ellin on tv is starting to make sence I'll check back in a week or so
Pokadot Patty

United States

#57 Feb 3, 2010
Jacqui Smoor wrote:
Biosilk silk therapy is very good but I think Chi silk infusion is better you can use for skin as well.
I founded on-line shop with very low prices
www.lorashop.co.uk
Hi!

Have tried to find a ingredients list for this product and can not.
Do you have a bottle and can you list the ingredients for me?
Biosilk is for hair and skin , also.

Thanks in advance,
Patty

Location hidden

#58 Feb 3, 2010
Hi PP,:)
does Biosilk leave-in have a sort of warming effect on the skin ?
The reason I ask is that my ex used to use a face pack which heated up your skin. I tried one yesterday and it stopped a lot of the crawling and nipping on my face. I wonder if sports 'warming' ointments share any ingredients with Biosilk and Chis Silk.....
I did a so-called Morgellons diagnosis test ,peroxide and red wine mouth wash mix and do have what 'they' say is a positive diagnosis ,but for me they're all 'they' ;docs,quacks,new agey stuff, particularly when it's endorsed by an English ex tv sports presenter who thinks we're all ruled by lizards in disguise (The V ), that'll be Tom Cruise then ! LOL...I will send in those examples though.
One other thing ; received my DE today and bumped into someone I know who cuts marble and stone ,he said I MUST use an industrial type face mask as the risk is too great ...son of a coal-miner advised the same .
All the best , Ben

Location hidden

#59 Feb 3, 2010
benG1,
I'm really sorry to hear all this. My GP referred me to a psychiatrict..saying i am nuts.
I recently found this and maybe you can try to e-mail them? I hope it helps you in one way or another. http://www.insectresearch.com/contact.htm

Thanks Sad101 for your concern and the info.
I take it that you don't have 'typical' burrows and lesions hence your referral to a shrink ..true ?
That is not correct NHS/NICE/CSK procedure. From what I remember your bf has it worse than you do and presumably has a different GP (?); can you catch 'delusional parisitosis'... I've been told yes but I reply the BMJ (easy to join) and the Lancet point out how uneducated and behind many health services worldwide are about parasitical invasions of aLL kinds.
It's a very difficult position to be in as we both know...but you must directly disagree ,be insulted ...keep a record of sensations ,origins ,etc.
Remember that health records stay on file and are too easily accessible by financial ,employers etc.. so it's important to affirm your 'rationality'...Data records; bullshit in ,b/s out ,diagnosis and judgement based on falsehoods.
You have every right to have all your records and you should correct any discrepancy no matter how trivial.

This is very important...Honestly it really has the potential to be severely damaging.....to one's Facebook profile !:)
They have a duty of care and it's their lack of diagnostic ability and not your lack of sanity...least so I told them when they put the straitjacket on and they stuck the needle in my arm..LOL

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#60 Feb 3, 2010
Hi Pokadot Patty,

How much DMSO did you used? thanks
BKA

West Lafayette, IN

#61 Feb 3, 2010
benG1 wrote:
Hi PP,:)
does Biosilk leave-in have a sort of warming effect on the skin ?
The reason I ask is that my ex used to use a face pack which heated up your skin. I tried one yesterday and it stopped a lot of the crawling and nipping on my face. I wonder if sports 'warming' ointments share any ingredients with Biosilk and Chis Silk.....
I did a so-called Morgellons diagnosis test ,peroxide and red wine mouth wash mix and do have what 'they' say is a positive diagnosis ,but for me they're all 'they' ;docs,quacks,new agey stuff, particularly when it's endorsed by an English ex tv sports presenter who thinks we're all ruled by lizards in disguise (The V ), that'll be Tom Cruise then ! LOL...I will send in those examples though.
One other thing ; received my DE today and bumped into someone I know who cuts marble and stone ,he said I MUST use an industrial type face mask as the risk is too great ...son of a coal-miner advised the same .
All the best , Ben
Ben:
have you ever had lymes from what i been reading this goes hand an hand I think I could of had it about a year an a half ago I had a tick bite that turned blue about 4 inches around it an felt realy sick for bout 2 weeks it went away but now after my back surgery all hell has broke lose

Location hidden

#62 Feb 3, 2010
contd ..
Luckily my GP has stuck by me and will refer me where I want but at every stage ,Sad , you should make it clear that you don't agree (when you don't) and if treatment is,drugs ,whatever is conditional on seeing a shrink , you must speak about how you feel and make sure you get all the consultants notes (not just records but notes too,they're different)
They have a legal obligation to deal with you respectfully .. and if they don't you have grounds t sue /force them to do the right investigations.
Try the PALS (Patient Liaison Service) of the the hospital you're with .We're all 'customers' now....
Pressure ,pressure ,pressure...ask for a second opinion. I've threatened them with legal action and that I recorded every conversation..half true LOL, with a pen not a bug !
A lot more Brits around last couple of days....Cheers :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do you get new bumps after post-scabies? (Sep '11) 5 hr ScaBlyton 246
OBSERVATIONS: somewhat scientific self-medication (May '14) 5 hr yamisha 4
Collembola/Springtails (Jan '13) 6 hr Bobbi123 550
Scabies DOES go away! (Feb '10) 13 hr deniseg 124
Removing Scabies from your Environment (Jan '08) 22 hr TaraBear 268
Ivermectin, my last shot (Mar '12) Wed Darlesia 58
How does Ivermectin work exactly? (Mar '11) Wed Eddie 66
how do i get rid of scabies once and for all? i... (Feb '07) Tue Reef24 4,508
More from around the web