First Prev
of 19
Next Last
Canuckette

Binbrook, Canada

#364 Jan 2, 2011
I Will Play With You wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I would LOVE to hear what BenG has to say about all this. He has been really quiet lately. I just figured out yesterday how you can change your location. So, yes, Jeannie, two can play this game. If it's you and BenG against ME, bring it on honey. I can play now. My fever has lifted. I'm back in the saddle and I'll ride it, if I have to.
My thought is don't take the bait.
Carl

West Sacramento, CA

#365 Jan 2, 2011
I seriously have my doubts that this works. Someone would have discovered it by now, and Patty said herself that it didn't cure her.

Stick to proven cures people.
Besides, BioSilk is expensive (and doesn't work)..
Jeannie

United States

#366 Jan 2, 2011
Yeah, be SURE to take Can Bucket's advice.
Fighting in Florida

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#367 Jun 8, 2012
I have had great success with Biosilk. It is much gentler on your skin than the Permethrin Cream. I use it nightly after showering as part of my arsenal.

But scabies are like fleas: the eggs hatch and then reinfect you. You need to constantly clean your environment as well as treat your skin.

I have had great success spray/misting 91% Alcohol over furniture and bedding in between washings and vacuuming. I spray the interior of my truck before I use it and afterwards. The alcohol has knocked down and killed the majority of these mites. I also wear Repel Botanical Insect Repellant during the day so the mites won't bite me. So far I am healing and have only gotten a rare bite, this past week.

Since: Aug 12

Philadelphia, PA

#368 Aug 27, 2012
Hi, is anyone still using Biosilk?

I want to treat my scalp/hair when I take my 2nd Ivermectin dose tomorrow but do not want to put anything too drying or irritating on it like the Permethrin treatment. And do we know if the Biosilk actually has enough Benzyl Benzoate to kill these things? Or it just brings them out of your skin, then you have to use hydrogen peroxide/water or something to kill them? I don't want to put peroxide in my hair. Apple cider vingar or tea tree shampoo?? Thanks for any suggestions.
Canada aka MiteMiner

Montréal, Canada

#369 Sep 2, 2012
DesperateInPA: One thing I found helpful is to apply your treatment (permethrin, oils, etc.), waiting a few minutes to let it penetrate, then applying a thin coat of Biosilk oil on top (the small expensive oil bottle, not Biosilk shampoo or conditioner.)

I think that Biosilk not only soothes the skin but does actually help draw the mites out or at least up closer to the surface of the skin where they can be killed more easily. There is science to support this attractant effect as Biosilk contains citronellol, a powerful mite attractant that is added to agricultural pesticide used against mites.

For example, the concentration of citronellol used in this pesticide is less than 1/2%, see p.8: http://www.docstoc.com/docs/7874907/Fact-Shee... I don't know exactly how much citronellol is in Biosilk, but based on this info, it looks like very little can be quite effective.

For scabies sufferers, the question is more likely whether the citronellol in Biolsilk penetrates into the skin deeply enough for the mites to be affected by its attractant properties and whether this does anything at all to bring them into closer contact with other scabicide agents applied to/through the skin.

As for benzyl benzoate in Biosilk, the medical BB solution used for scabies is typically 25%, so I am not convinced that whatever little amount of BB in Biosilk is strong enough to kill scabies, especially those deeply buried. That's why I could only recommend using Biosilk as a one-two punch.

My experience when applying a combination of 1/4 clove oil, 1/4 tea tree oil, 1/2 Lac-Hydrin lotion (and a little emu oil) to wet skin after a hot bath (well shaken before each use) AND then applying Biosilk on top was much more effective than when only treating with the oils or only with the Biosilk separately.

I used at least 25mL of oil/lotion for each treatment and maybe 1/8 of a bottle of Biosilk, rubbed methodically and vigourously into the skin, not just applied lightly. Test small patches of skin first, watch for sensitive areas, adjust the amount of clove if it is too strong, and apply to sensitive areas only _very_ lightly. I did burn the back of my knees slightly once which took a few days for the redness to go away. Listen to your skin.

For the head, my best results came after taking hot baths and with slightly damp hair having someone else apply my oil/lotion combo directly to my scalp methodically with an eye dropper (again, at least 25mL). It needs to be thin enough to be runny (but watch it doesn't drip down into your eyes, etc.) You need to apply a lot to make sure every inch of the scalp is well covered and permeated (25-30mL should do.) Massage vigourously into the scalp as well. This will burn for about 15 minutes and fade away all together or with a slight cooling sensation. Keep it on overnight if you can, other wise leave it on for at least an hour before showering it off. I have had no lasting side effects from doing this to my scalp several times, no lasting irritation, drying or otherwise. You can add Biosilk after this treatment as well. If the itching comes back, it might be left over eggs hatching or reinfection from a hat, pillow, scratching your head, etc. Treat again.

I have found apple cider vinegar to be a great conditioner that can be used every shower without drying effect. I think head treatments for scabies are more important for getting rid of them completely than any shampoo you might use (except perhaps for sulfur shampoo which I have not tried.)

I would appreciate comments from others who have tried Biosilk who might confirm/contradict my results. It's always difficult to know exactly what worked when over a period of time you've tried everything you could get your hands on and suddenly you are seeing great results.

Good luck, DesperateInPA and keep up your fighting spirit! I understand your plight and offer my moral support.
Canada aka MiteMiner

Montréal, Canada

#370 Sep 2, 2012
DesperateInPA: One thing I found helpful is to apply your treatment (oils, etc.), waiting a few minutes to let it penetrate, then applying a thin coat of Biosilk oil on top (the small expensive oil bottle, not Biosilk shampoo/conditioner.)

I think that Biosilk not only soothes the skin but does actually help draw the mites out or at least up closer to the surface of the skin where they can be killed more easily. There is science to support this effect as Biosilk contains citronellol, a powerful mite attractant that is added to agricultural pesticide used against mites.

For example, the concentration of citronellol used in this pesticide is less than 1/2%, see p.8: http://www.docstoc.com/docs/7874907/Fact-Shee... I don't know exactly how much citronellol is in Biosilk, but based on this info, it looks like very little can be quite effective.

For scabies sufferers, the question is more likely whether the citronellol in Biosilk penetrates into the skin deeply enough for the mites to be affected by its attractant properties and whether this does anything at all to bring them into closer contact with other scabicide agents applied to/through the skin.

As for benzyl benzoate in Biosilk, the medical BB solution used for scabies is typically 25%, so I am not convinced that whatever little amount of BB in Biosilk is strong enough to kill scabies, especially those deeply buried. That's why I could only recommend using Biosilk as a one-two punch.

My experience when applying a combination of 1/4 clove oil, 1/4 tea tree oil, 1/2 Lac-Hydrin lotion (and a little emu oil) to wet skin after a hot bath (well shaken before each use) AND then applying Biosilk on top was much more effective than when only treating with the oils or only with the Biosilk separately.

I used at least 25mL of oil/lotion for each treatment and maybe 1/8 of a bottle of Biosilk, rubbed methodically and vigourously into the skin, not just applied lightly. Test small patches of skin first, watch for sensitive areas, adjust the amount of clove if it is too strong, and apply to sensitive areas only _very_ lightly. I did burn the back of my knees slightly once which took a few days for the redness to go away. You can burn your skin with too much clove oil.

For the head, my best results came after taking hot baths and with slightly damp hair having someone else apply my oil/lotion combo directly to my scalp methodically with an eye dropper (again, at least 25mL). It needs to be thin enough to be runny (but watch it doesn't drip down into your eyes, etc.) You need to apply a lot to make sure every inch of the scalp is well covered and permeated (25-30mL should do.) Massage vigourously into the scalp as well. This will burn for about 15 minutes and fade away all together or with a slight cooling sensation. Keep it on overnight if you can, other wise leave it on for at least an hour before showering it off. I have had no lasting side effects from doing this to my scalp several times, no lasting irritation, drying or otherwise. Watch not to burn your neck. You can add Biosilk after. If the itching comes back, it might be left over eggs hatching or reinfection from a hat, pillow, scratching your head, etc. Treat again.

I have found apple cider vinegar to be a great conditioner that can be used every shower without drying effect. I think head treatments for scabies are more important for getting rid of them completely than any shampoo you might use (except perhaps for sulfur shampoo which I have not tried.)

I would appreciate comments from others who have tried Biosilk who might confirm/contradict my results. It's always difficult to know exactly what worked when over a period of time you've tried everything you could get your hands on and suddenly you are seeing great results. Keep in mind I treated concurrently with ivermectin.

Good luck, DesperateInPA. I understand your plight and offer my moral support.
Shelly Weltsy

Banning, CA

#371 Oct 15, 2012
PokaDotPatty has a dramatic story about how it worked for her but what she describes sounds more like Morgellons, or at least somw sort of worm infestation.

Just to a search in the forum for biosilk. just bought some. I have some sort of mite but I dont think its scabies. Could be wrong though. My skin is not reacting to the bitting with itchiness or any kind of inflammation.

Or it could be in my case, these mites remain on the surface such as bird mites. The infestation is only in my scalp. Could be dog lice.

If it does not work for me please know that I am stating its less likely I have scabies and more so that I have another mite living in the hair outside of the skin.

Since: Aug 12

Philadelphia, PA

#372 Oct 15, 2012
Thank you, Canada/Mite Miner and Shelly Weltsys.

I ended up not treating my scalp at all, outside of a couple ACV rinses, tar shampoo once, and tea tree shampoo often. I don't think any of things were mite killers (but for me, I think they did make my scalp dry and sensitive-- suddenly I have dandruff). I think I didn't actually have mites in my hair or on my scalp. It was just itching from the allergic reaction to the mites.

My skin is certainly not perfect and is very sensitive and acts weird, bumps pop up after shaving, fabrics cause chafing and rashes, random giant hives show up for a day, and my scalp itches sometimes still, I've given in to scratching it and have a couple scabs now :( But I've been getting better and better since my last Permethrin treatment 5 weeks ago. The bumps that pop up go away instead of getting worse. Sometimes I have no new bumps all day, and no itching for many hours. I think I am cured, hallelujah. I hope everyone here is cured and healed very quickly from whatever kind of awful mite you have.
Shelly Weltsy

Banning, CA

#373 Oct 16, 2012
bio silk was a fail
scabies fight

Oxnard, CA

#374 Apr 11, 2013
Hi canada,
I had a question...after you apply the oils and then the biosilk, do you also rub it off your body or was it effective just leaving it on?. I was half successful with patty's method but not sure her oil and method (if I did it correctly) was effective as I still feel some crawling after the treatment.
Thx so much!
tireditchymom

San Antonio, TX

#375 Apr 12, 2013
Vann from Tennessee wrote:
By Pokadot Patty,
Part 1
a method of rubbing the little monsters out of the skin.
Biosil Silk Therapy is required for this treatment:
http://www.biosilk.com/silk/st.html
http://www.folica.com/BioSilk_Silk_Th_d811.ht...
INTRODUCTION
==========
I've found something that actually purges them from the body (You can even see them when they come out...disgusting sight....millions of them ....some as big as eight periods (.) or more. Totally gross!
It is not a cure, but sure will speed it up. It is not toxic, smells really good and conditions skin and hair. Yes, it will purge and kill them on the face, body, and hair. Isn't very expensive and a little goes a long way.
Alas, it has no residual....so maybe...your grapeseed oil would fill the void for what to use in between to prevent reinfection until the enviroment is totally clean.
Testing it on two peaple and myself before I say more. First application on all three of us worked beyond expectations.
The name of the product (which I just went on Ebay and bought two 34 oz bottles of) is Biosilk Silk Therapy Cure. So far I have treated myself and my hubby with one 5.64 oz bottle and have 1/3 of the bottle left. A little goes a long way.
I think it is bonding to the bugs and suffocating them.
It killed some black things on me and my husband too.
I am assuming they are springtails (we cut firewood a couple of weeks ago).
End Part 1
Which Biosilk product did you use? I found several, but not sure which one to get. I want to get rid of these things before they get to my child. Thanks.
tireditchymom

San Antonio, TX

#376 Apr 12, 2013
Which Biosilk product did you use? I found several, but not sure which one to get. I want to get rid of these things before they get to my child. Thanks.
Aja

Callahan, FL

#377 Feb 25, 2014
Mabaraba wrote:
I am writing to report back in. After nearly 2 months of nightmare, I think we are now free of scabies. To summarize what we did: Initially we tried treating with Neem Oil, Tea Tree etc. We dusted our selves with DE, put DE all around the bed, in our pets bed, mixed it into creams and applied it all over etc. We did massive cleaning, vacuuming, steaming etc., Laundered everything we wore and all bedding in hot water with Borax and detergent, and dried it on hot for an hour.(Did this daily)_ It seemed to keep getting worse. Finally we treated with Permetherin Cream 3 times, about 5 days between each treatment--continuing with everything else we were doing. We started bathing in Borax, Peroxied and Epsom salt bathes (see elsewhere on this forum for recipe), used the biosilk method, and ended up doing Arm and Hammer bathes. We continued to get what looked like bites and the itching was horrendous. My sister and BIL were going through the same thing. Our animals got bites on them too and we treated them. It was a nightmare. It finally got so bad that we made an appointment with a dermatologist. The night before we got in to see him was the worst night I can remember. My husbands entire torso was covered with "bites" and red itchy swelling. He had to sleep with ice packs to get through the night--benedryl did not touch the itching.
The Dermatologist was wonderful. Fortunately he has had quite a bit of experience with Scabies and was very attentive and present. He examined us very carefully and said that we no long had Scabies, though from our description he felt pretty sure that we had had them. He said that we were experiencing eczema from all the treatments. My husband's "rash" was much worse than mine, so he prescribed a prescription ointment and a steroid type pill for him. He suggested that I take a smaller dose of the pill if I needed to, but prescribed an antihistamine which was stronger than Benedryl to take at night. He also suggested a non prescription cream for the itching which he thought would work for me, but would not be strong enough for my husband. It is called Florozone and can be found in any health food store. That cream was WONDERFUL and helped greatly to stop the itching for me. My husband used the medications for about a week and a half and then switched over to Florozone. He is almost completely healed up and has no more itching. I am still experiencing some itching, but it is gradually getting better.
I want to emphasize that "post scabies" looked and felt the same to us as "scabies" except the itching gradually went away--which it would not be doing if we still had scabies. Were it not for the Dermatologist, we would still be treating and still think we were infested--even though I was convinced that nothing could live through all that we were doing. Even now when I get a new red bump that itches, I am fearful that I still have it. But the bumps do go away on their own and I think that it is just the skin still reacting to the scabies debris, or the treatments. If the itching bothers me, I put a dab of the Florozone on it, or a drop of Calendula tincture. By the next day it is usually gone.
I hope this information helps folks who are going through the post scabies phase.
M.
thank you so much for ur post. I am 2 mo post scabies and in a house of 3, am the only one that still itches or gets random bumps. I showed them to my daughter and she thought they were mosquito bites. This experience has been really hard on me as I am already slightly OCD/clean freak. We got them from my daughters friend that slept over often. I'm going crazy and was just about to rub myself down with my dogs advantage 40% perm. We've done everything u listed and I can't believe they would still be around. I'm scared to visit my grandpa in a retirement home or my bf's new baby. I'm still not 100% sure, but ur post is very comforting.Thx again,

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 19
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Scabies/Eggs lifespan? and a question about pre... (Apr '07) 5 hr ramjett 493
scabies or what????? (Nov '11) 7 hr itchy and scabby 13
Ordering Links (Feb '07) 9 hr bitchenmaui 249
scabies wana be's 9 hr Worried 17
The ONLY Scabies cure that actually worked - Ps... (Jun '14) 12 hr betseyB 45
Mix your own Sulfur cream! (Feb '10) Sun Anne 64
Sure cure, How to cure scabies with $20 at Fiesta Sun Synx 1
More from around the web