scabies

Since: Apr 07

AOL

#61 May 6, 2007
Can someone please tell me if it's okay to use sulfur 10% all over or if it is intended only for spots? And what is the amount of powder vs. vaseline ratio? How long do I keep it on for? Thank you.
2ScratchOrNot2Sc ratch

Sanford, NC

#62 May 6, 2007
I've used it all over on myself and the kids. DON'T put it in your hair....took me 2 days to get that out. I'm far from a math major...so Hubby figured it out for me. I mixed it a little weak for the kids and one a tad strong for me. 16 oz jar of Aquaphor was mixed to 1.7 ouz of Sulphur. 14 oz jar or Eucerin creme was mixed to 1.4 oz of Sulphur. If that's wrong...I'll blame the Hubby.
what do you think

Vancouver, WA

#63 May 24, 2007
all of the pictures i have looked at on the internet do not appear to look like what i have but i match up with the symptoms. it is hard to tell because ecsema. but there are some small scratches and i feel crawly. some spots are bumps but on the top of myhands i have little black dots and my skin feels extreamly chaped. i never was able to find anything between my fingers or toes though. my right arm is swollen and the pad of my thumb looks dark. the spots on my body look like little pimples and they feel brused when touched. some of the spots look now like tiny chemical burns. what do you think
JRB

Vancouver, WA

#64 Jun 30, 2007
what do you think wrote:
all of the pictures i have looked at on the internet do not appear to look like what i have but i match up with the symptoms. it is hard to tell because ecsema. but there are some small scratches and i feel crawly. some spots are bumps but on the top of myhands i have little black dots and my skin feels extreamly chaped. i never was able to find anything between my fingers or toes though. my right arm is swollen and the pad of my thumb looks dark. the spots on my body look like little pimples and they feel brused when touched. some of the spots look now like tiny chemical burns. what do you think
You won't always get them between fingers and toes. For me, I feel them crawling, a couple days later feel bites, and in a day or two and extremely uncomfortable with itching small bumps that often blister and do end up looking something like a chemical burn. Your description sounds like scabies. I've tried the 5% cream from the doctor eight times and they keep coming back. I ironed my bed and my coach but think they are in my shoes or on the fabric of my car seat. The common thread you'll see in all these posts in that these mites are extremely tough to get rid of, they are painful and very distracting and underrated by doctors as far as the difficulty in getting rid of them.
JRB

Vancouver, WA

#65 Jun 30, 2007
Sorry, I meant couch, I didn't iron anybody's coach.
JRB

Vancouver, WA

#66 Jun 30, 2007
Scabies in Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
i will now keep going. When you buy the permethrin-10(Martin's or durvet are good), You should dilute it in half of course which turns it into Permethrin 5 %.
You may need to buy some PBO concentrate on the internet to counteract the enzyme in the scabies bug which neutralizes Pyrethroids. They are a SURVIVOR! It isnt roaches that will some day rule the world...it is scabies! If you dont know what a pbo is than look it up on the internet. In "elimite 5% permethrin cream" or generic brand, which you are all using, the pbo is: butylated hydroxy-toluene. Thats right, Toluene, and we all know how dangerous that is. It is added to the permethrin to counter act the scabies enzyme which neutralizes pyrethroids, In other words straight permethrin WONT always kill them! If you use my over the counter feed store brand, you should add a pbo at 5%-10% to your homemade permethrin 5%. REMEMBER, its the pbo in these poisons that are bad for you...not the permethrin so BE CAREFUL! Just like its the pbo's and petroleum products in over the counter poisons like "Raid" that are bad for you as well. Permethrin(Pyrethroids is actually the name of all these poisons) itself is a synthetic(man-made) molecule that is exactly like the molecule that is naturally in the chrysanthemum plant. Thats what these pyrethroids are based on...a natural bug killer in chrysanthemums! The before mentioned permethrin 10 made into 5% by addding half water at the feed store should also be sprayed on your bedding and such or spray your clothes before washing as well.(The army already uses Permethrin 5% to coat clothing of military personnel) What the army does is soak the permetrhin 5 into the clothing and then let it dry. Then you can wash the coated clothing or anything and the permethrin 5 stays in the clothing for quite a while as a tick repellant. HUNTERS WILL BE USING THIS SOON as well because the outdoors magazines are saying permethrin 5%"clothes soak" will be okayed by the FDA soon or by whatever government body okays those things. There are other pyrethroids out there that ARE NOT GOOD for you so please stick with Permethrin only! Isnt it wierd that you cant buy permethrin 5 or 10 % OR Ivermectin(Stromectol) legally in a human form yet OTC(Over the counter), but you can go to your local feed store and get it ALL DAY LONG!! and its cheaper!(Same thing with some antibiotics by the way)
One more thing. Please DONT use these over the counter poisons like raid to spray your carpeting and bedding or bring in the local bug man to do the same. BELIEVE me, it is not the pyrethroids in those products that will take years off your life, but it is the pbo's and petroleum products in them that will.
in other words...the "inert" ingredients. Look at those products anyways and you will see most have less than 1% pyrethroid in them anyways, so they are only killing you, not the scabies mite! Get that permethrin-10(martins or durvet) at your local feed store and make your own SAFE bedding and carpet spray by diluting it in half with water(If you must than add a pbo at 5%-10% but try it without the pbo first)...Remember the ARMY does it that way already, and soon hunters will also. Any hunters out there? Dont wait for that "soak" product to be okayed. Make your own now!
Did you use the 5% spray on your skin too or just on clothes and bedding?
Is it in my head

Bloomingdale, IL

#67 Jul 1, 2007
I wish the doctors had told me the side effects associated with the creams. Used the creams so many times. Went from baby skin to wrinkled dry skin. I think they may have effected the muscles in my body too. Does anyone know the side effects of the creams? I don't itch as much anymore, but my nose still itches, crawling in my ears, little white flakes always fall off my boby through my clothes (dr. saids its my dry skin), white stuff around my toes, and tiny little bugs appear here and there. Do I still have scabies? Everyone thinks I'm crazy.
2ScratchOrNot2Sc ratch

Sanford, NC

#68 Jul 1, 2007
You shouldn't see bugs with scabies. May be body lice?

I'm exploring the idea of crazy right now, I'll get back to you.

If you tell the dr. that bugs appear here and there, he's gonna give you anti-psychotic meds, or send you to a shrink.
Mary

Hollywood, FL

#69 Jul 1, 2007
2scratch. lol... you make me laugh.... lol.... thank god for this forum. oh my goodness.... lol...
2ScratchOrNot2Scratch wrote:
You shouldn't see bugs with scabies. May be body lice?
I'm exploring the idea of crazy right now, I'll get back to you.
If you tell the dr. that bugs appear here and there, he's gonna give you anti-psychotic meds, or send you to a shrink.
Sam

United States

#70 Jul 1, 2007
Is it in my head wrote:
I wish the doctors had told me the side effects associated with the creams. Used the creams so many times. Went from baby skin to wrinkled dry skin. I think they may have effected the muscles in my body too. Does anyone know the side effects of the creams? I don't itch as much anymore, but my nose still itches, crawling in my ears, little white flakes always fall off my boby through my clothes (dr. saids its my dry skin), white stuff around my toes, and tiny little bugs appear here and there. Do I still have scabies? Everyone thinks I'm crazy.
It could be that the mites traveled to your nose and ears when you treated the rest of your body with the perm. The little white flakes probably are dry skin. Tiny little bugs are probably something else, unless you have exceptional eyesight. White stuff around your toes could be crusted scabies. Read some more of the posts here to see if they relate to you. Ignore the comments from 2Scratch and Mary, as they were no help to you.
NYorker

Buffalo, NY

#71 Sep 7, 2007
worried wrote:
i have a clutser of what i think is scabies on my chin. at first i thought it was acne but im pretty sure its not. they kinda are like ingrown pimples, but not? its weird tho bc i dont have the symptoms of scabies, like i dont itch all over my body and stuff. whats goingo n with my chinnn!? oh and i dont have them anywhere else YET i dont think lol. what are alll the symptoms i should have? helppp.
Maybe it isn't scabies. Could be from candida albicans yeast overgrowth. I had them under my chin a lot years ago. That's not the same affliction as scabies, and not caused by mites.
ahhh no

Brookfield, CT

#72 Sep 14, 2007
do they leave red bumps? i have what i think is scabies but the side of my face is flushed red and warm, this is weird. so im not sure if i had an allergic reaction from hell or if i too have been contaminated...damn what a year.
Alhatesitchin

Bellingham, WA

#73 Sep 14, 2007
ahhh no wrote:
do they leave red bumps? i have what i think is scabies but the side of my face is flushed red and warm, this is weird. so im not sure if i had an allergic reaction from hell or if i too have been contaminated...damn what a year.
Yes scabies can leave red bumps.
Anthony

Antipolo, Philippines

#74 Sep 15, 2007
Hi, I'd like to share my experience on one of the products circling around the web that SHOULD be helping me out with my scabies problem, i.e. DERMATECH Mitactin Argghhh. Before that, I really think TEA TREE OIL (regardless of brand as long as it's the real thing) works. Also, I haven't tried ivermectin but I'm hoping I don't have to. And also, permethrin works to a certain degree, but it really makes me feel exhausted after using it on succeeding weeks. On to my anecdote of disappointment then,

I am not going to go into any company bashing, because they really did make an effort to ship the Mitactin items on time. Even though it was expensive, the sense of relief that help was near made me feel better. After using the Mitactin Salve and Spray on the 2nd day, I noticed that some areas of my skin had small bumps and reddening and occasional itching as well, but I didn't see it as a product defect at all. I assumed that it was just a sign that some areas of my skin were really infested and in fact I really did feel some degree of comfort because the stings of the bites were milder and fewer. I must say that I checked out Wiki for information on surfactants and what anionic and non-ionic materials would do against bugs, but it became vaguer because the Dermatech items weren't detailed on the ingredients. I worry now if these things are carcinogenic or if I'll have complications in the future, but at this point no adverse problems have popped out. I don't regularly use these items anymore by the way, but because I spent around $160, that's the packaged items and the international FedEx Shipping all together, I felt I had to use some of it when I feel abit "messed with" by creepy crawlies. The thing that ticked me off was their non-response to my inquiries on the seemingly allergic reactions I had. At that time, I wasn't even thinking that they ripped me off or anything. The items to a certain degree work, but by not replying at all during my time of need for help was simply too much to bear. I brought my business to them and they didn't even respond. Although they did respond to my first inquiry on whether or not the substance was applicable to the face, the other inquiries that, I guess, they thought were seemingly accusing in tone was something to be ignored. Until today, September 15, 2007 (Saturday) they have not responded to me.
FrancesFinallyCu red

Corpus Christi, TX

#75 Nov 7, 2007
Scabies in Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Ivermectin or "Stromectol" the prescription name), but doesnt explain it. It is a dewormer for animals(heartgard), BUT also is used for two diseases of humans. The two diseases are:river blindness (onchocerciasis) and a certain type of diarrhea (strongyloidiasis. IT IS NOW used "off label" for scabies, meaning it is still not approved for the use of scabies but doctors prescribe ivermectin for it anyways if the poison creams arent working for the patient or in immune system challenged people(HIV). NOW let me explain how easy it is to get! If your doctor wont prescribe it at first, then what you do is go to your local feed store(horses, cattle, etc) and buy ivermectin paste for horses. It comes in tubes for 1500 lb or 2500 lb. horse. DO NOT BUY ANY OTHER VERSION like injectable or topical. ONLY BUY PASTE. The tube has marks on it for every 250 lbs. of animal and the proper amount of medicine. the amount of ivermectin in it is already the same as stromectol...200 micrograms (mcg) per kilogram (kg)(91 mcg per pound) of body weight. This amount can be used on children above 35 lbs according to the medlineplus website. Google "oral ivermectin" and click on the second item which says "medlineplus drug information". Like i said it talks about stromectol not ivermectin horse paste BUT THE DOSE is the same. I weigh 230 lbs so i took the paste and filled a pill capsule i emptied of its previous contents. Of course i used the amount up to the first mark(250 lbs) on the ivermectin tube because thats close to what i weigh. You need to take less if you weigh less. Take it on an empty stomach with only one glass of water. You dont want to dilute it. I didnt put the capsule back together but swallowed the pieces separate...the only reason i even used the capsule is because it tastes bad. Obviously pregnant or lactating women should not use ivermectin, but I CANNOT FIND ANY NEWS on toxic side effects from ivermectin. ITS A LOT BETTER FOR you than all those poisons you are using on your body! Now my other reccommendation is to use the permethrin cream also. Than 7 days later use both again. and than 7 days later use both again. Dont listen to these doctors that say 1 or 2 coats kills all the scabies! IT JUST ISNT TRUE!! If you want cheap permethrin you can also buy a product at the same feed store call permethrin 10. It is just concentrated permethrin and thats it...no petroleum products. DO NOT BUY "High-Yield" permethrin concentrate though because it DOES have petroleum products. I'm going to continue in another comment the rest of my story.
i originally got a lot of help from this thread and this post in particular post (plus the post following this one on the first page in this thread) for dosing instructions although i took paste right from the tube and didnt put in capsule like this poster did.anyway, hope it helps someone, it did me :)
FrancesFinallyCu red

Corpus Christi, TX

#76 Nov 7, 2007
Scabies in Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
i will now keep going. When you buy the permethrin-10(Martin's or durvet are good), You should dilute it in half of course which turns it into Permethrin 5 %.
You may need to buy some PBO concentrate on the internet to counteract the enzyme in the scabies bug which neutralizes Pyrethroids. They are a SURVIVOR! It isnt roaches that will some day rule the world...it is scabies! If you dont know what a pbo is than look it up on the internet. In "elimite 5% permethrin cream" or generic brand, which you are all using, the pbo is: butylated hydroxy-toluene. Thats right, Toluene, and we all know how dangerous that is. It is added to the permethrin to counter act the scabies enzyme which neutralizes pyrethroids, In other words straight permethrin WONT always kill them! If you use my over the counter feed store brand, you should add a pbo at 5%-10% to your homemade permethrin 5%. REMEMBER, its the pbo in these poisons that are bad for you...not the permethrin so BE CAREFUL! Just like its the pbo's and petroleum products in over the counter poisons like "Raid" that are bad for you as well. Permethrin(Pyrethroids is actually the name of all these poisons) itself is a synthetic(man-made) molecule that is exactly like the molecule that is naturally in the chrysanthemum plant. Thats what these pyrethroids are based on...a natural bug killer in chrysanthemums! The before mentioned permethrin 10 made into 5% by addding half water at the feed store should also be sprayed on your bedding and such or spray your clothes before washing as well.(The army already uses Permethrin 5% to coat clothing of military personnel) What the army does is soak the permetrhin 5 into the clothing and then let it dry. Then you can wash the coated clothing or anything and the permethrin 5 stays in the clothing for quite a while as a tick repellant. HUNTERS WILL BE USING THIS SOON as well because the outdoors magazines are saying permethrin 5%"clothes soak" will be okayed by the FDA soon or by whatever government body okays those things. There are other pyrethroids out there that ARE NOT GOOD for you so please stick with Permethrin only! Isnt it wierd that you cant buy permethrin 5 or 10 % OR Ivermectin(Stromectol) legally in a human form yet OTC(Over the counter), but you can go to your local feed store and get it ALL DAY LONG!! and its cheaper!(Same thing with some antibiotics by the way)
One more thing. Please DONT use these over the counter poisons like raid to spray your carpeting and bedding or bring in the local bug man to do the same. BELIEVE me, it is not the pyrethroids in those products that will take years off your life, but it is the pbo's and petroleum products in them that will.
in other words...the "inert" ingredients. Look at those products anyways and you will see most have less than 1% pyrethroid in them anyways, so they are only killing you, not the scabies mite! Get that permethrin-10(martins or durvet) at your frances ERASED REST go to 1st page for full story!!!
well heres the following post (edit: had to erase some because comment can only be 4000 characters long go to first page here and read it in entirity) anyway, also FARNARM is another brand thats good too, it happened to be the brand of paste and permethrin i used but last bottle of permethrin was MARTINS as stated above.
i mixed my permethrin with baby oil and also used spray bottle to apply it to my scalp and coated my hair with it also.held my finger over my ear hole (lol sounds funny) and sprayed it all over my ears and got it in all the ear crevices really good and on my face too being careful not to get it in my eyes of course.
coating them in oil i think helps smother them and also makes them lose their tiny little grips more :P makes it easier for them to slide off the hair shaft and down the drain where they belong when washing off to i think.
play misty for me

Corpus Christi, TX

#77 Nov 11, 2007
bump
francesfinallycu red

Corpus Christi, TX

#78 Nov 11, 2007
:)
Sam

Courtland, CA

#79 Nov 11, 2007
play misty for me wrote:
bump
Frances! You still crack me up! I've been off the forum for a few weeks, just checking in tonight to try and catch up. Glad you finally posted what cured you, we were talking about that for a while, wondering if your short post a few months ago was really you or an imposter. Good to hear from you and don't let any more homeless people stay on your couch - ok?
formerly frances

Corpus Christi, TX

#80 Nov 12, 2007
hi sam and thanks, dont know if it was an imposter--what was said?could have been-- its been awhile since i have been around, i cant really remember when the last time (month) i posted was.surely was not cured at the time i can tell you that much.just got fed up/burned out on posting probably (go thru phases) and almost getting to a point where i thought finally this is it but only to be disappointed time and time again. and was armed w/all the knowledge plus, another reason i no longer posted i am sure.

think it is important that people follow up no matter how long it takes to finally come around (been cured since august) and to give back some what was given to them :)

i did stop letting homeless people/drug addicts stay with me but still help out in other ways.and not every homeless person has scabies i know, it doesnt discriminate, but thats where my last two cases came from i know this for sure.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Scabies Clinical Trials Details United States 7 hr sdcsteve 9
Beating scabies 8 hr aes 2
What is the life cycle of the scabie? 9 hr Laroc17 2
Completely Cured (May '10) 15 hr Star 63
Imidacloprid (Jan '10) 17 hr Shar57 1,814
Do I have scabies or something else? I desperat... (Sep '12) Tue Jaydensmommy 115
Scabies on face and scalp? (Aug '07) Tue TaraBear 1,005
More from around the web