Just got diagnosed, have some questio...

Just got diagnosed, have some questions...

Posted in the Scabies Forum

HJP

Auburn, NH

#1 Nov 13, 2013
Went to the dermatologist yesterday and he confirmed that it was scabies through a scrape test. I have some questions:
1) I used the permethrin 5% a week ago but wasn't sure if it was scabies so I might have half-assed it. It probably killed some of them but since then, new nodules had popped up on my scrotum/shaft. I applied it again generously last night and made sure to get everywhere, including face. How well does this stuff work?
2) Keyboard & office chair... I feel like I should spray these with something. Any disinfectant spray will do?
3) Those nodules on my buttocks & genitals... I've read that they can take a really long time to go away. Are there also cases where they go away pretty quickly and never return?
4) Will washing clothes & bed linens with hot water and drying them kill any mites/eggs?
Feel like a god damn leper here...
Buffee

Escondido, CA

#2 Nov 13, 2013
I had Scabies two years ago. UGH! it sucked and was expensive. I washed all my clothes(they say the ones you've worn in the past 3 days) I laundered clothes I hadn't worn in years because I was so freaked. I washed everything in HOT water with Borax soap, then dried them forever. I still use Borax, even now. I cleaned EVERYTHING, my computer area, my house and MY car especially the steering wheel and don't forget the rule is if you touched it, clean it. I bagged all my hair brushes, combs, barretts, etc, cosmetics and put them in the freezer for 72 hours. Anything I couldn't wash I bagged for a month(they say 3 days)--didn't care was too freaked out.
Adriana

Vacaville, CA

#3 Nov 15, 2013
Diatomaceous earth...it's cheap, safe, and u can order it on amazon. Put on at night before you go to bed and you'll be amazed at how well you'll sleep. Befriend me on Facebook Adriana Granadoz for more tips. God bless...it'll be ok. It's so safe I drink it and use it to brush my teeth :) research it on line.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Scabies/Eggs lifespan? and a question about pre... (Apr '07) 10 hr Linda 514
the cure is so simple, I can't believe it...... (Jan '11) 16 hr tryingtocureit 1,407
Attention All! Dawn original blue bath, black ... (Nov '09) 16 hr Linda 42
Deet for scabies? (Jun '13) 16 hr tryingtocureit 7
Post scabies hives? 23 hr doctor rash 6
Join the organization to lobby for a cure of sk... Mon Adana 3
ivermectin dosage chart and info (Oct '11) Mon Peaches and pears 821
More from around the web