Can I Mix Permethrin 10% with Lotion ...
At War

New York, NY

#23 Oct 6, 2013
I went and bought the perm 10 at tractor supply, diluted it half and half to make perm 5 and sprayed it all over us, my furniture, my car, put it in my laundry, it's everywhere. Put a vinyl mattress cover on my bed, got shower curtains to sit on, bought sulfur soap 10 percent, and spraying with bleach water daily. If this doesn't kill the b@$!@/&$ I don't know what else to do. Oh and we will be taking ivermectin pills Monday. Die scabies! Die!!!
info needed

Clarkton, MO

#24 Oct 23, 2013
Becoming Scabies Educated wrote:
Wish someone would really answer this thread! Of course you would dilute it in half...
The 10% stuff is cheap and readily purchased--But how do you know for sure about the PBO issue? Also Martins & Durvet's product I believe DON'T have PBOs... But I'm nervous about using it (diluted in half) because it's INSTRUCTS say to greatly dilute it for livestock--but is that because they're assuming it's for repellant rather than treatment purposes? Does anyone know if vet's ever prescribe it for treatment full strength?
Also, it seems (1/2 diluted)it would be good for clothes dipping (which is supposed to last for weeks (even through a few washings!)... Please, does anyone know?
What is PBO's thank you
vss

Hollywood, FL

#25 Oct 23, 2013
info needed wrote:
<quoted text>What is PBO's thank you
Piperonyl butoxide (PBO) inhibits breakdown of pesticides by insects. Without piperonyl butoxide, an insect may degrade a pesticide before an effect can occur. The addition of piperonyl butoxide to a pesticide reduces the amount of pesticide required to be effective.

You may be able to find this on the net, but mixing pesticides is extremely dangerous and I don't recommend this to people on this forum who have no idea what they are doing.

Some people have bought the spot-ons for dogs and were cured within a few applications.

Best to talk to a dermatologist and have them examine your skin and possibly run some tests to determine exactly what is going on with you.

Ask for the Elimite Permethrin Cream (5%) and for a few applications of Stromectol Ivermectin. Study the ivermectin med thoroughly before making any appointments with a derm, so at least you are prepared with some basic knowledge of treating scabies.

Don't get caught up in the Borax baths, sulphur soap, DE, tea tree oils, clove oil, neem oils. These all help with your numbers, but they do not cure. They can be used in between treatments of the above medications I mentioned above.
MARTINS PBO

Clarkton, MO

#26 Oct 23, 2013
Jan wrote:
yes...you can use martin's. I mix half martins and half with lotion. My family did not die from it. I use the lubriderm lotion coconut because it has caster oil in it...to sufficate the those burgers. Plus scabies and mites hate coconut but having alittle caster oil in the lotion is more important. Alot of lotions use caster oil in their lotions. just read the ingredients on back. I leave on for 2 days. and repeat approximately 2 weeks later. Everyone in the household gets treated.
I wash my bedding in 2 cups of ammonia and keep doing it every week and then later 2 weeks and later on once a month. Unfortunately, since we are big people, those tiny tubes of elimite did not cover 1/4 of our body. So I had to come up with a cheaper solution.
And as I wash dirty cloths and towels...I wash in 1 cup of ammonia with regular detergent.
I spray my furniture and bedding mattress with BAYER SUSPEND SC....i do a pretty good soak and put fans on everything to dry it in a day. Schools use this stuff wrestling mats and stuff...so it is safe for kids. It is only $20. If you don't, you can get reinfected from your furniture. Don't forget to spray your car. Everytime you treat your body...treat furniture too.
As for itchies, I put 2-5ML of neem oil in 100mL of lotion. Any kind...but lotion with caster oil ingredient listed on back is better. So if your at work or something...you can just take it with you. It looks like you are just putting lotion on. We also use this for nighttime itchies or you will never get any sleep. sometime the scabies come to the surface, pick them off one by one...flush them in toilet paper.
I also put 2-5mL of coconut body wash and use it like soap. Until all the itchies seem to go away...I don't use it forever.
After that, I keep one bar of sulfur soap in bathroom and one regular bar of soap in shower. I wash with regular soap first and sulfur soap second. Just to keep them permanently away. Sulfur soap is great and not real potent. We tried sulfur cream once...but it was too strong and reddened our skin. But the soap is mild.
Make sure you treat your animals with ADVANTAGE drops and put them outside for 48 hours. So the bugs jump off outside.
Hope this helps anyone.
Does Martins have the PBO? Does it need the PBO in it ?
shelly

Clarkton, MO

#27 Oct 24, 2013
Does Martins have the PBO? Does it need the PBO in it ? I read somewhere that the farm supply stores isn't as pure as the pharmacy grade, anyone know?
GMAW

Ville Platte, LA

#28 Oct 24, 2013
Well, it worked....BUT we keep getting reinfected maybe by this grandchild who spends weekends with us. She is not showing symptoms, except for occaisional itching.Her Mom has treated her and herself.

My husband saw a dermotologist and got meds and advice. We covered the matress and pillows, etc. and now it's back. We bought some more permethrin at Tractor Supply today. We will try again.
just someone

Denver, CO

#29 Oct 24, 2013
Some things for treating scabies;

Clove capsules- 4 at each meal for 4 weeks.

Chanca Piedra;

http://www.laboratoriosfitofarma.com/chancapi...

Anamu;

http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/natural-he...

Take them all.
what

Clarkton, MO

#30 Oct 24, 2013
Cow Doctor wrote:
UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU ARE USING BEFOR YOU USE IT!!! do not mix at 50%.. when using "Durvet" Permethrin 10%,, read lable, to make a 0.5% sulation you must mix 6.4 oz. to a gallon of water. Mix this 0.5% sulation with a body lotion. It will not take much to cover your body. use 4 oz. lotion with 1.5 oz of the 0.5% sulation.
you can find "Durvet Permethrin 10%" at a farm supply store, any body lotion will work.
this don't make any sence to me, what about you ?
GMAW

Ville Platte, LA

#31 Oct 25, 2013
not so new2this wrote:
wow I feel for you, many of us are finding our way through this, it's not so serious for everyone but it is for some. It's hard to know if reinfestation is happening from inside or the environment. Am pretty sure part of my problem is the mice that seem still to come, though less now. Anyway hand in there it gets better as some say.
YOU did right to send your kids away from this situation but it must be hard. Hope you can get counseling, that does not mean its all in your head like the stupid drs thought but anxiety is painful.
The world needs you!
Please tell me you are now cured! I also saw you have a video on the horse paste. Surely you are cured by now???
GMAW

Ville Platte, LA

#32 Oct 28, 2013
Oops! I think I responded to the wrong poster. Idk how to delet it.
GMAW

Ville Platte, LA

#33 Oct 28, 2013
Maximpulse wrote:
I made a youtube video of how I made my own 5% permethrin cream to treat my scabies problem.
http://youtu.be/tsTybmLtPQQ
(or go to youtube and search on "permethrin maximpulse"). I'm NOT selling anything! It's just a how to video. You buy the permethrin where ever and use whatever lotion you choose.
It's easy to do.
WalMart was $80 for 2 ounces! There are sites on-line which claim to sell bargain permethrin cream. I don't trust any sites that sell prescription stuff and don't require a prescription. Here is a great article about those kinds of on-line scams:
http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2013/05/goog...
When I mix it up myself at least I know what I'm getting!
Maximpulse, please tell me you are now cured! I watched your video on the permethrin and the horsepase (although I don't think I can make myself do the horsepaste thing). My husband and I have been fighting this for several months. We have made several batches of the permethrin, but I think we are getting reinfested from a grandchild that spends every other weekend with us.
Amy

Appleton, WI

#34 Oct 30, 2013
Maximpulse wrote:
I made a youtube video of how I made my own 5% permethrin cream to treat my scabies problem.
http://youtu.be/tsTybmLtPQQ
(or go to youtube and search on "permethrin maximpulse"). I'm NOT selling anything! It's just a how to video. You buy the permethrin where ever and use whatever lotion you choose.
It's easy to do.
WalMart was $80 for 2 ounces! There are sites on-line which claim to sell bargain permethrin cream. I don't trust any sites that sell prescription stuff and don't require a prescription. Here is a great article about those kinds of on-line scams:
http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2013/05/goog...
When I mix it up myself at least I know what I'm getting!
I watched your video on you tube....I wanted to clarify that doing 2oz. lotion and 2 oz. permethrin was a diluted ratio? That ratio will dilute the 10% permethrin? Thank you!
Amy

Appleton, WI

#35 Oct 30, 2013
I watched your video on you tube....I wanted to clarify that doing 2oz. lotion and 2 oz. permethrin was a diluted ratio? That ratio will dilute the 10% permethrin? Thank you!
secane buddies

Folcroft, PA

#36 Nov 14, 2013
GMAW wrote:
My husband and I caught this form one of our gradchildren. We have both been to the
Dr twice and even got oral permethrin. She said she can't help us further. They keep coming back! We bought the Permethrin 10% from Tractor Supply and mixed it with Gold Bond body lotion. It came out pretty thin, I think I should have used the had lotion? Anyway I have been washing bedding almost every day, spraying the matress, chairs, sofa, etc. I hope this works!
did anything work for you...as I've been going through this for months now with just using the creme but it seems not to be working or I'm reinvesting myself??? HELP!!!
secane buddies

Folcroft, PA

#37 Nov 14, 2013
I've been going through this ocd stage...I feel like I'm going crazy...please help...I've tried the permethrin creme I don't know if it is working or did I reinfest myself...I've covered my furniture with plastic, my beds with bed covers...what can I do...I'm going crazy....HELP
GMAW

Ville Platte, LA

#38 Nov 15, 2013
The permethrin helps, but only for about 5 days then we start having the crawling, itching, pinpricks again. Idk what else to do! This week we started using a mixture of clove bud oil mixed with ylang ylang oil and coconut oil. I think it might be helping. We rub it all over after bathing, and re-apply after each bath or shower. Today is day 4, I think we are making progress, but we will continue this for a week. Also, this morning I put straight clove oil on some of my husbands bumps. I will report back later.
We are so tired of this crazy stuff! We have been cleaning like crazy and covering and spraying everything. We have worn out our sheets washing them daily. My comforter and extra pillows,and throw rugs have been bagged
up for 6 weeks.
GMAW

Ville Platte, LA

#39 Nov 15, 2013
I also bought sulfer powder, I might try mixing it with the clove oil. We already tried the bleach and dawn baths, not sure if it helped, but we might go back to that too.
The permethrin is so hard on the skin, I hate to keep using it so often. Last time I felt like I had a sunburn.
Researched based

Haslet, TX

#41 Dec 7, 2013
sotired wrote:
<quoted text>
I know exactly what you are talking about. I got lice about 4 years ago and have spent thousands! The nurses treat me like shit, one doctor told me she cant help me, another one said it's in my mind. My whole life has come down to trying to get rid of it! I even shaved my head! I bought a steam vac. I wash my sheets everynite. I have used everything you can think of. Nix, store brand stuff, Ulesfia, Listerine,
alcohol, vinegar, bought an electric comb. Have
put everything in my head and left it on all night,
conditioner, petrolium jelly, teatree oil,
pepperment oil, nothing works! my life is ruined.
You should try turpentine, I heard this will get them out you hair.
Scabies

Waco, TX

#42 Dec 7, 2013
Researched based wrote:
<quoted text>
You should try turpentine, I heard this will get them out you hair.
What? Are you kidding? Never use turpentine. Use the ivermectin orally and it will help remove them from your hair. Use the Head and shoulders with selinium sulfide shampoo to help remove them from your scalp. Ivermectin will actually cure you of scabies, hands down.
workinapharmacy

Mckinney, TX

#43 Dec 20, 2013
sotired wrote:
<quoted text>
I know exactly what you are talking about. I got lice about 4 years ago and have spent thousands! The nurses treat me like shit, one doctor told me she cant help me, another one said it's in my mind. My whole life has come down to trying to get rid of it! I even shaved my head! I bought a steam vac. I wash my sheets everynite. I have used everything you can think of. Nix, store brand stuff, Ulesfia, Listerine, alcohol, vinegar, bought an electric comb. Have put everything in my head and left it on all night, conditioner, petrolium jelly, teatree oil, pepperment oil, nothing works! my life is ruined.
Find "Schooltime Shampoo" made by BioSafe Technologies. It is a lot less expensive than normal lice treatments and works a lot better, plus it is much safer to use. You can order it on Amazon.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How long does Ivermectin take to work? (Mar '10) 9 hr scornatzer 235
What relieves mite itching immediately? 16 hr rowdyca 4
what is an effective treatment for scabies on s... (Jan '14) 23 hr steve marell 30
the cure is so simple, I can't believe it...... (Jan '11) Sat jhannamarie 1,549
Reinfection coming from loofah? Mites not in f... Sat rowdyca 5
My Ivermectin Treatment Story (Apr '12) Sat Rob in Vancouver 1,413
30 days in a row of Ivermectin as a cure (Sep '10) Sat Rob in Vancouver 47
More from around the web