malathion... possible cure

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#22 Jun 8, 2013
When I was down under I spent a lot of my time at Bondi Beach the scenery was just better there.

Since: Oct 12

Sydney

#23 Jun 8, 2013
OK... now for some more news. It isn't thrips, just something that looks similar (~1-2mm length) with similar characteristics (legs at front section). Apparently they simply can't survive without plant material. Darn. I just wanted it ID'ed definitely. Well whatever it is, its responding to the Malathion more than the permethrin. I'm going to obtain a much better camera and as distasteful as it is, take more photos. Ugh. Can't stand photos of bugs. But if I want to know exactly what it is and the best way to treat, its gotta be done...

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#24 Jun 8, 2013
Get yourself a 100x magnification instrument. i was looking at the exact same thing. Quit guessing.
misery_in_au

Sydney, Australia

#25 Jun 8, 2013
lotus_fan wrote:
Get yourself a 100x magnification instrument. i was looking at the exact same thing. Quit guessing.
OK already. Its a game of hit and miss in the dark at the moment. But on the right track. Buying a better camera so can finally post unblurry pics. Then you'll see.
misery_in_au

Sydney, Australia

#26 Jun 11, 2013
Day seven of treating with Malathion. Actually had a break yesterday day six, skin drying out too much, slight dehydration and headache (though this could also be stress). Treated instead with permethrin which didn't achieve much other than keeping them at bay. Another fallout the day before yesterday (day five). Today's treatment- unsure if its still as effective but I won't use more than slight amount due to strength. Ran out of surgical spirit so will buy more today- it helps clean and prepare skin and increases absorption of topicals. I will beat this.
misery_in_au

Winston Hills, Australia

#27 Jun 12, 2013
Day eight. Treated again with Malathion. Moderate exits. Unsure if the numbers are dropping due to (a) the treatment decreasing numbers or (b) possibly making them retreat deeper. Whatever, it seems to be keeping them at bay. Will ask doctor about Lyme disease test when I go for antbios.(what is the test exactly?) Also have a chance for someone to look at them through a home microscope. Not the best but better than nothing. Still can't get over that they're the same characteristics as thrips, however hopefully the closer examination will tell.
misery_in_au

Winston Hills, Australia

#28 Jun 16, 2013
Day 14. Treating with surgical spirit, Malathion, and permethrin cream, along with aerogard on floors and surfaces and to hair. Lots of activity - are they going? My hope changes from day to day...
misery_in_au

Sydney, Australia

#29 Jun 17, 2013
Day 15. Surgical spirit is probably the best overall topical as its basically nontoxic (key ingredient in skin toners), dries rapidly and dries the skin surface slightly, dries the 'hot spots' more. Its all about making the environment hostile to the mite. I do recognise that I need to go back on doxycycline for the inner treatment. Small amount of Mal and small amount of perm cream. After second shower and hair dried, I used iodine powder. Its called EDP powder with 14.5% weight for weight povidone iodine, which equals 1.4% iodine w/w. Significant exit of mites but am not raising hopes at this stage. Yes I do think bacterial component a part but not entire. Dead bugs kind of give it away.
FRED

Golden, CO

#30 Jun 17, 2013
misery_in_au wrote:
Day 15. Surgical spirit is probably the best overall topical as its basically nontoxic (key ingredient in skin toners), dries rapidly and dries the skin surface slightly, dries the 'hot spots' more. Its all about making the environment hostile to the mite. I do recognise that I need to go back on doxycycline for the inner treatment. Small amount of Mal and small amount of perm cream. After second shower and hair dried, I used iodine powder. Its called EDP powder with 14.5% weight for weight povidone iodine, which equals 1.4% iodine w/w. Significant exit of mites but am not raising hopes at this stage. Yes I do think bacterial component a part but not entire. Dead bugs kind of give it away.
You say dead bugs give it away but on the other hand you haven't identified anything. You're proceeding in a very dumb way.
tired of scabies

Birmingham, AL

#31 Jun 17, 2013
misery_in_au wrote:
I have posted the following below in the support thread, however in case anyone doesn't see or read that one, just wanted to urge all of you to try Malathion. Will keep you all updated, but this is the most promising and immediately dramatic result I've ever seen in thirteen months of treating these monsters. More soon...
"Today I set out with two aims-
(1): to stop being so scared of defeat and go back to the boards.
Also (2): to buy as many other chemicals as i hadn't bought before and try them all. its malathion....
malathion is the cure for my bird mites
just put some 50% MALATHION FOR PLANTS solution on my scalp tonight- lots of dead mites. It REVEALED the burrows and KILLED the mites.... not a cure yet but this is it for sure.
ITS CALLED AMGROW MALATHION INSECTICIDE... would you believe for the control of freaking aphids and... and... and... wait for it... THRIPS... a suspected mite infestation which has been mentioned countless times on these boards. May not be thrips exactly, but whatever they are they are dying in droves right now!!"
I have also found some results with malathion. Ive had these things over a year. Ive tried everything. Im amazed to think Im cured only to give myself a body drench and have several unknow burrows come out. Inflamed and sore, then go away. I have benn diluting my dosage to between 5 and 10% strength. I have recently discovered that my reinfestation seems to be coming from mites on my scalp. I really dont notice normally other than occasionally ithcy feeling and some small bumpy areas. I am continually reinfected with mits on my upper body and crotch, bit my legs down seem ok. After treating my scalp and entire body with a malathion drench on 2 occasions Ive had a considerable reaction. The itching and sore spots are going away. I will continue the treatment a couple more times and stop when the burrows quit popping out after treatment and also when my scalp quits itching. Im using the lawn and garden type from Lowes. After it dries it is low odor. I understand it is available at drug stores. I will try that mixed with alcohol and try to rid my head neck and scalp of the pests. Maybe then I will be cured.
My research indicates malathion is safe for people and any residual leaves the body in just a few days.
thanks for the post.
FRED

Golden, CO

#32 Jun 17, 2013
tired of scabies wrote:
<quoted text>
I have also found some results with malathion. Ive had these things over a year. Ive tried everything. Im amazed to think Im cured only to give myself a body drench and have several unknow burrows come out. Inflamed and sore, then go away. I have benn diluting my dosage to between 5 and 10% strength. I have recently discovered that my reinfestation seems to be coming from mites on my scalp. I really dont notice normally other than occasionally ithcy feeling and some small bumpy areas. I am continually reinfected with mits on my upper body and crotch, bit my legs down seem ok. After treating my scalp and entire body with a malathion drench on 2 occasions Ive had a considerable reaction. The itching and sore spots are going away. I will continue the treatment a couple more times and stop when the burrows quit popping out after treatment and also when my scalp quits itching. Im using the lawn and garden type from Lowes. After it dries it is low odor. I understand it is available at drug stores. I will try that mixed with alcohol and try to rid my head neck and scalp of the pests. Maybe then I will be cured.
My research indicates malathion is safe for people and any residual leaves the body in just a few days.
thanks for the post.
Your research about it leaving the body in a few days is pure baloney.
"some" results don't count.
misery_in_au

Baulkham Hills, Australia

#33 Jun 18, 2013
FRED wrote:
<quoted text>
You say dead bugs give it away but on the other hand you haven't identified anything. You're proceeding in a very dumb way.
Fred I am working on having gene sequencing done on some samples but its taking time due to it being a favour from a friend of a friend. Will most likely have the species ID'd in a month. They have at least confirmed that they're bugs and not fungus etc.
misery_in_au

Baulkham Hills, Australia

#34 Jun 18, 2013
tired of scabies wrote:
<quoted text>
I have also found some results with malathion. Ive had these things over a year. Ive tried everything. Im amazed to think Im cured only to give myself a body drench and have several unknow burrows come out. Inflamed and sore, then go away. I have benn diluting my dosage to between 5 and 10% strength. I have recently discovered that my reinfestation seems to be coming from mites on my scalp. I really dont notice normally other than occasionally ithcy feeling and some small bumpy areas. I am continually reinfected with mits on my upper body and crotch, bit my legs down seem ok. After treating my scalp and entire body with a malathion drench on 2 occasions Ive had a considerable reaction. The itching and sore spots are going away. I will continue the treatment a couple more times and stop when the burrows quit popping out after treatment and also when my scalp quits itching. Im using the lawn and garden type from Lowes. After it dries it is low odor. I understand it is available at drug stores. I will try that mixed with alcohol and try to rid my head neck and scalp of the pests. Maybe then I will be cured.
My research indicates malathion is safe for people and any residual leaves the body in just a few days.
thanks for the post.
I know the frustration. You think you're completely cured and think about composing the thread with that title to post here, that's how close I've been. Then they hatch again... these things could survive nuclear war! Good idea to mix with alcohol and use as a drench, ty.
NOTE TO FUTURE POSTERS

UK

#35 Jun 18, 2013
Both Fred and lotus_fan are one and the same person who also posts under other aliases.

Be very carful in reading or conversing with this patho who promotes fear, misinformation and antagonism.

Fred / lotus_fan
IGNORE THIS PSYCHO
FRED

Golden, CO

#36 Jun 19, 2013
NOTE TO FUTURE POSTERS wrote:
Both Fred and lotus_fan are one and the same person who also posts under other aliases.
Be very carful in reading or conversing with this patho who promotes fear, misinformation and antagonism.
Fred / lotus_fan
IGNORE THIS PSYCHO
note to you;

"Fred and lotus_fan are one and the same person" i've made this clear for the last two years, over and over again. Is this all you've got?

I challenge you to dispute my information with actual facts, I know you can't.

This is either In_UK2 or faerie or some other poster who can't see past their own grandeur.

~FRED A.K.A. Lotus_ Fan
VSS

Hollywood, FL

#37 Jun 19, 2013
FRED wrote:
<quoted text>
note to you;
"Fred and lotus_fan are one and the same person" i've made this clear for the last two years, over and over again. Is this all you've got?
I challenge you to dispute my information with actual facts, I know you can't.
This is either In_UK2 or faerie or some other poster who can't see past their own grandeur.
~FRED A.K.A. Lotus_ Fan
Who cares who you are. You are clearly posting under different aliases here, to make it appear that you are arguing with someone. like Hungry Ghosts said before, do you want to help people or do you want to fight them, only to prove that you have stumbled upon something that has helped YOU, not everyone on this forum. Again, you have turned this forum into Fred's showdown, cyber bullying expo. Not a good thing, Fred.

Not all the information you give is for everyone here. It is not a one size fits all problem. And surely you know this, but fail to own up to it.
FRED

Golden, CO

#38 Jun 19, 2013
VSS wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares who you are. You are clearly posting under different aliases here, to make it appear that you are arguing with someone. like Hungry Ghosts said before, do you want to help people or do you want to fight them, only to prove that you have stumbled upon something that has helped YOU, not everyone on this forum. Again, you have turned this forum into Fred's showdown, cyber bullying expo. Not a good thing, Fred.
Not all the information you give is for everyone here. It is not a one size fits all problem. And surely you know this, but fail to own up to it.
I'm everyone else on this forum, except for you, you are in your own world.

Go away and read for a year, then come back and have a meaningful conversation.
FRED

Golden, CO

#39 Jun 19, 2013
misery_in_au wrote:
<quoted text>
Fred I am working on having gene sequencing done on some samples but its taking time due to it being a favour from a friend of a friend. Will most likely have the species ID'd in a month. They have at least confirmed that they're bugs and not fungus etc.
Who is "they" are they entomologists? infectious disease specialists? did they confirm it by microscopy?

Print this out and show it to "they"

http://f1000research.com/articles/2-25/v1

http://f1000research.com/articles/2-118/v1
Becky

Springfield, NJ

#40 Jun 19, 2013
Hi Misery in AU

Not sure if you read Fred's post on fruit flies and fungus gnats that infest people, but if you did not you should take a look. Pretty interesting info.

http://www.morgellonsuk.org.uk/micromyiasis.h...

HG how does your bites/marks look like with collembola? I think it's good for readers to know how these things looks like so that they can figure out if that's what they are dealing with?
VSS

Hollywood, FL

#41 Jun 19, 2013
The New York, NY posts is from a proxy server.

Fred is talking to himself here.

Post a link to THAT Fred!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Post Scabies Nodules on male genitals (May '08) 55 min recreational 64
Post Scabies Itch Syndrome (Mar '12) 59 min recreational 205
Options to permethrin and Ivermectin (Dec '11) 1 hr recreational 116
Scabies. Getting rid of 8 hr abel 2
Scabies-washing clothes (Jan '12) 19 hr No name 41
How many times can I use permethrin cream... (Dec '08) 20 hr Dannnnnn 254
Post Scabies Red Bumps (Aug '09) Sun rara8449 148
More from around the web