kill scabies in swimming pool
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#21 Jun 7, 2013
I swam in pool and ocean everyday last summer. It helped but did not cure! Am looking forward to doing same this summer. Salt water was good for skin.
skf

Glasgow, KY

#22 Jun 8, 2013
Kid wrote:
Does swimming in the ocean help
I would think this would help because of all the salt content, the mites live in the pores of your skin, when I had them the pores in my face got really big.. so im sure salt water would make a world of difference.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#23 Jul 26, 2013
Yes, back in the water. Not a cure but helps with the bumps. Unfortunately, the pool gives me the clear picture of all the tiny bubbles on my body. A help but not a cure! Feels good on the skin anyway.
Ethan

San Jose, CA

#24 Oct 14, 2013
Oh my goodness I have never seen so many ignorant comments on the internet, those are some of the worse advices you can come across.

First, scabies are microscopic parasites and cannot be seen nor felt unless under a microscope, and you certainly can't feel them "squirming". Scabies in fact can't even be felt at all.

The female of the scabies digs wholes under the skin of the contaminated host to lay its eggs, which creates an allergic reaction (which is why it gets very itchy -- can get particularly worse at night time).

There is NO EASY solution like swimming in a pool or the ocean to eradicate them. In fact you may be making matters worse as well as contaminate others, the same way you were probably infected first (in fact scabies are considered a water disease by the World Health Organization).

Public buses and swimming pools, and other such areas are common places where you can get contaminated.

Also because some of the advices above will do nothing but attenuate the allergic effect of the contamination, they may make matters worse by giving the illusion of being cured while in fact they're still there and spreading.

Scabies can live up to 3-4 days without a host and their eggs can survive up to 7 days. That includes in water.

The biggest difficulty with scabies is that some people do not react (have no allergic reaction to them), so they may be completely infected without even knowing it and infecting others. As unfortunate as it may sound it is highly advisable to avoid physical contact (if any contact at all) with such people.

There are only 2 reliable solutions to eradicate scabies in a human host:

- Permethrin cream (5%) is to be applied on the entire body before bed and left on for a minimum of 8 hours. Don't forget to cover the back, sole of the feets, etc. This must be done on the patient as well as anyone living with him as they may be infected as well, even if they show no signs. The process then need to be repeated after 7 days. If this doesn't work at first, you can repeat it until cured.

- If treatment fails Ivermectin can be taken (as a pill) which will essentially "kill" the scabies from the inside-out of the body (simply put). Should only be taken if permethrin has failed. Cannot be taken by everyone - can be especially toxic to children.

The biggest problem with eradicating scabies is to prevent re-infection. Often treatment works but because scabies have already spread over the house, car, clothes, etc, so patient gets reinfected. It's important to treat the entire house and common areas.

Permethrin spray can be bought as an insecticide (look at the active ingredients) and will work for furnitures, surfaces, etc. Make sure to apply evenly and let it stay for 8 hours minimum, then repeat after 7 days (preventing reinfection is key). Do not forgot to treat your car etc. as well.
Clothes must be watch at hot temperature. Be particularly careful with towels, sheets, etc. anything with direct body contact is likely infected.

Another good advice for easy decontamination is to isolate any suspected or contaminated part (like sealing it in a large plastic bag -- with no air contact or opening) and let it sealed for 7 to 10 days. Scabies and eggs will die on their own if they cannot find a host. This is a particularly good solution for clothes, accessories, etc. It will not work on pets or humans themselves though, obviously.

Hope this will help some of you.
Patti

Mechanicsville, VA

#25 Oct 26, 2013
I need some serious help with scabbies I just got affected 2 weeks ago there on my arms and hands been doctor 3 times they gave me the script for lotion and 4 pills what do I do now I'm itching to death with new bites my husband and daughter don't have any bites can my dogs get it some one please help me get rid of this I'm going crazy with the itch
Ashli

Monroe, GA

#26 Nov 5, 2013
The only thing I can add is that they hate menthol so if you shower and spray listerine on your body it will help get them off. Windex kills them so spray everything with windex. Spray your feet with windex at night. Buy mattress encases for all beds and leave them encased for two weeks (just to be sure). The mites can't live without a human host after 3 days. You can do all these things but ultimately the only sure way to rid them is to get the permethrin cream, apply before bedtime and leave on for 8 hours. The problem is the cream can be extremely expensive. With no insurance one tube costs $75. Good luck, these little bastards suck.
Anonymous

Mesa, AZ

#27 Nov 5, 2013
Kid wrote:
Does swimming in the ocean help
No swimming in the ocean won't help. Go buy yourself some 10% sulphur soap and wash head to toes and make sure you get inside your nostrils, ears, and around your eyes. BE careful around your eyes. Lather up and let it set for a few minutes then rise off but don't wipe yourself dry. I dried with a blow dryer to keep the sulphur residue on my skin. Do this every day for a month. Your environment needs to be kept clean and that can be done with a 5 to 1 mix of water and bleach in a spray bottle. Borax in the wash kills them in the laundry.
Danny

Whittier, CA

#28 Dec 20, 2013
Thanks Ethan. Solid and knowledgeable advice. Fellow scabbies sufferers - I suggest you read Ethan's post.
noname

UK

#29 Feb 6, 2014
I dont really no how to say this but i have no simptoms of scabiez but i have had contact with someone that has and i am really paranoid that i have got them so could everyone just stop chatting shit and tell me a way to kill the little barstards without get the cream and the pills plz i would mean a lot to me
bran0406

Hazard, KY

#30 Feb 6, 2014
noname wrote:
I dont really no how to say this but i have no simptoms of scabiez but i have had contact with someone that has and i am really paranoid that i have got them so could everyone just stop chatting shit and tell me a way to kill the little barstards without get the cream and the pills plz i would mean a lot to me
best way to find out if u have any, coat your body, head to toe, thickly in bathroom with olive oil, or any thick oil, and keep applying to areas that ur body soaks up, and wait 20 to 30 mins.. if u have, these will come to the surface, and contrary to what Ethan said, you can see these this way, this also brings eggs to the surface.. which feels like salt grains.. if u have anything come to surface, put in Ziploc bag and take to local h. dept for it to get id.. if they tell you no, tell them u spoke w cdc, and that will change their tune..
bran0406

Hazard, KY

#31 Feb 6, 2014
Ethan wrote:
Oh my goodness I have never seen so many ignorant comments on the internet, those are some of the worse advices you can come across.
First, scabies are microscopic parasites and cannot be seen nor felt unless under a microscope, and you certainly can't feel them "squirming". Scabies in fact can't even be felt at all.
The female of the scabies digs wholes under the skin of the contaminated host to lay its eggs, which creates an allergic reaction (which is why it gets very itchy -- can get particularly worse at night time).
There is NO EASY solution like swimming in a pool or the ocean to eradicate them. In fact you may be making matters worse as well as contaminate others, the same way you were probably infected first (in fact scabies are considered a water disease by the World Health Organization).
Public buses and swimming pools, and other such areas are common places where you can get contaminated.
Also because some of the advices above will do nothing but attenuate the allergic effect of the contamination, they may make matters worse by giving the illusion of being cured while in fact they're still there and spreading.
Scabies can live up to 3-4 days without a host and their eggs can survive up to 7 days. That includes in water.
The biggest difficulty with scabies is that some people do not react (have no allergic reaction to them), so they may be completely infected without even knowing it and infecting others. As unfortunate as it may sound it is highly advisable to avoid physical contact (if any contact at all) with such people.
There are only 2 reliable solutions to eradicate scabies in a human host:
- Permethrin cream (5%) is to be applied on the entire body before bed and left on for a minimum of 8 hours. Don't forget to cover the back, sole of the feets, etc. This must be done on the patient as well as anyone living with him as they may be infected as well, even if they show no signs. The process then need to be repeated after 7 days. If this doesn't work at first, you can repeat it until cured.
.
Hope this will help some of you.
Ethan, i am sorry, but you are wrong about some things in your post, but right on other points.. your experience with these does not mean is same for another.. these scabies are not a "one size fits all", and affect people differently, and to varying degrees in severity. some show symptoms, some don't.. the pool w lots of chlorine does kill these, and many may assume this is where their initial encounter come from, my theory, and what was true for everyone in my house, except baby, showed absolutely no symptoms until killing them completely off of us.. you won't catch these in a public pool, but u can out of the water.. the permethrin did not kill any of these off of us, only suppressed symptoms in baby, and yes, chlorine helps, but after getting out of pool, and exposed again, they are right back on you.. you have to treat everyone exposed.. and you may not be able to see or feel, but that doesn't mean u are cured.. cover ur whole body thickly in olive oil, and wait about 20 to 30 mins, and just see if you can see or feel anything surface.. i would bet money you would be saying you could, if you have these still.. i would actually wager money on this, or even a gentlemans bet..
ZombieMites

Brantford, Canada

#32 Feb 7, 2014
noscabies wrote:
<quoted text>
I got scabies at Water Park. Purchased a season pass, but do not feel comfortable to go there again, seems like they don't care about hygiene and regular maintenance..(((
How do you know you got it from a water park considering you could have got it simply by sitting on a friends couch, or hugging someone? And if it was your first time having scabies then it would have taken around for 4 weeks for itching and rashes to develop. In which case if your going to retrospect and just assume that you got it from the pool, you are rather nieve. Scabies is an uprising epidemic in Canada and the States, brace yourself.

Since: Feb 14

Hazard, KY

#33 Feb 7, 2014
ZombieMites wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know you got it from a water park considering you could have got it simply by sitting on a friends couch, or hugging someone? And if it was your first time having scabies then it would have taken around for 4 weeks for itching and rashes to develop. In which case if your going to retrospect and just assume that you got it from the pool, you are rather nieve. Scabies is an uprising epidemic in Canada and the States, brace yourself.
absolutely right on rising epidemic! although not everyone shows symptoms.. found this out first hand, we were absolutely covered, had 8 months, n didn't have clue.. baby was only one that showed symptoms, and even his was different, more on allergy side than skin rash and itching.. check out interesting cures from shaums microbiology thread, and cheap ideas thread, think you will find very interesting..
suffering patient

Pune, India

#34 Feb 10, 2014
guyz i goit suffered from scabies 3 weeks ago since then i have taking pills applying cream and taking a bath with neem leaves...but these parasites are still thre.....what to do...can antone help me.....i cant sleep at night properly cauze of the ittiching and burning.....
jordan

Las Vegas, NV

#35 May 22, 2014
MDC wrote:
It's the only thing that keeps them away.....
ok so as awful and as miserable as this is I've been infected I don't know how it happened but I sterilized everything and put on the Damon creme and now I'm re infected all I want is for these fuckers to die will me taking a bleach bath get rid of them also will nuking my house with bleach and hot water kill them off of any sofas or in my car and lastly will putting our clothes and sheets in sanitary cycle be enough or do I need to put bleach in my clothes? And re wash help me please I'm desperate to get rid of these things
Jax

Chicago, IL

#36 Jul 10, 2014
I'm a 24 year old dad. I don't have insurance to take my 1 year old son to the doctor. I don't want to ask my parents for help either. Any suggestions? Home remedies.
Tee

Cleveland, OH

#37 Jul 23, 2014
might be harsh but I know windex kills them. finally got rid of em only to take my newborn to my aunts house now he has em.
Jennifer

San Mateo, CA

#38 Jul 23, 2014
I went swimming in the pool here and went into the hot tub and I could feel them hatching and hatching when I was lying out in the sun on the lounge chair by the pool. I kept going swimming 1-2 days a week, and then about a month later I am in the pool and I notice same bugs I combed out of my scalp are all around the side walls of the pool, like at the water line on the walls and I see same bugs in the foam in the hot tub, so number one, swimming and hot tubbing does not kill them, number two, they appear to multiply in the water and attach themselves to the sides of the pool and hot tub. See Pool Lady's post about it, she said "you can get scabies out of your pool with chemicals." Well, I went back out to the pool a week later and the bugs were gone. So, yes, they live on in the water and multiply and hang out along the sides of the pool waiting for people to get in and out of the pool.

If doctors would treat this stuff I would not have the bugs and would not be spreading them around. Doctors won't look at my scalp nor run one test, all they do is say it is not real. Not real my ass. I hope everyone who lives here who contracts these beasts sues the last doctor I went to for not treating me.
FRED

Denver, CO

#39 Jul 23, 2014
Jennifer wrote:
I went swimming in the pool here and went into the hot tub and I could feel them hatching and hatching when I was lying out in the sun on the lounge chair by the pool. I kept going swimming 1-2 days a week, and then about a month later I am in the pool and I notice same bugs I combed out of my scalp are all around the side walls of the pool, like at the water line on the walls and I see same bugs in the foam in the hot tub, so number one, swimming and hot tubbing does not kill them, number two, they appear to multiply in the water and attach themselves to the sides of the pool and hot tub. See Pool Lady's post about it, she said "you can get scabies out of your pool with chemicals." Well, I went back out to the pool a week later and the bugs were gone. So, yes, they live on in the water and multiply and hang out along the sides of the pool waiting for people to get in and out of the pool.
If doctors would treat this stuff I would not have the bugs and would not be spreading them around. Doctors won't look at my scalp nor run one test, all they do is say it is not real. Not real my ass. I hope everyone who lives here who contracts these beasts sues the last doctor I went to for not treating me.
LOL!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where did you buy ivermectin from? (online) (Mar '09) 3 hr chayia770 40
Can I Mix Permethrin 10% with Lotion to make 5% 11 hr sanfranciscojim1 2
We NEED to get our message OUT! 12 hr ReadyToJump 1
Ordering Links (Feb '07) 12 hr scratcher 254
25$ money back guarentee scabies treatment 12 hr ReadyToJump 7
ScabiesBGone cured me, my wife, and three sons ... 12 hr nanny 2
how do i get rid of scabies once and for all? i... (Feb '07) 12 hr ReadyToJump 4,403
More from around the web