bleach and water spray question
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Joe

Hollywood, FL

#23 Mar 31, 2009
Jordan wrote:
dude ok the mites that live on ur dog only last a short period on a human. its a scientific fact morons
Oh, so sorry. You are wrong again. The sarcoptic mites have evolved to live and survive on different mammals. As long as it is a warm blooded mammal, they can multiply and survive on that mammal. The key word here is that they have EVOLVED. okay, dude? get it? And the same with bird mites and rodent mites. They will survive on humans for many, many years. Not just a few days, dude. Of course, 3 years ago, I knew NOTHING about mites. That was before, when I was innocent and a complete MORON back then.
Jordan

Cardington, OH

#25 Apr 7, 2009
lol dude your really fucked up i think its all in your head. you fantasize like most of these people on here so much, it comes true. its all in your head bro. am i gunna listen to a forum board. no maybe credited doctors. do you wash ur ass in a bird bath? do you sleep with a rat. do you stick gerbals up ur ass? well the last one i think you do. so maybe you do have a rodent mite. dude seriously get a life obviously your dilousional. you really need to stop scaring people, people like you worry people half to death about something they probably dont have. find a f**ken girlfriend or something
Jordan

Cardington, OH

#26 Apr 7, 2009
second of all i have three dogs 2 nasty cats that are always in the fields dragging home birds. I have a pretty large house. My parents sleep with these animals i dont. i might pet them. SO PAL TELL ME WHY I DIDNT GIVE MY DOG SARCOPOPDOHOFASTIC MITES, AND WHY MY PARENTS HAVE NO SIGNS... I HAD IT FOR A YEAR>? The chances are you went to class sat in the same desk as someone? went o the mall tried on some clothes? maybe slept with a dirty? WHAT YOU HAVE IS NOTHING ITS ALL IN YOUR HEAD. SOME OF THESE OTHER PEOPLE PROBABLY HAVE SCABIES
Tess

United States

#27 May 25, 2009
Cant seem to figure out exactly what the first "stage" is, do you subtly itch, do you have asmall tiny pin prick red rash, do you have a "warm sunburn feeling" or does it just lay dormite for 2-6 weeks and "WALA"....You itch like crazy, have sores, it's only on your hands...What are the first type of stages...Is major serious in the beginning...do you feel like you just can't stop itching. I ask because there are alot of reasons for developing an "itchy red rash" Thanks.
itchygirl in oh

Youngstown, OH

#28 May 25, 2009
We all have different views and experiences here, and we are all just looking for a solution. If you don't like someone's view or opinion, please try to be nice about it. People tune out when you scream or throw insults. Come on people, let's be adults. None of us need more garbage in our lives.
Bill In Michigan

Jackson, MI

#29 May 25, 2009
Hi Jordan this is a post from a farmer

Mites and farmer

I don't know where you people are from, whether it be city, or too far north to know this, but "mites" are nothing new, and there is nothing "foreign about them.

I was raised, and still live in Louisiana, which is called, "semi-tropical. " I was raised on a farm/ranch. There are so many different types of mites, that

bite, that I will not begin to try to list many; I will give a few examples. Warm blooded animals get lice; plants get lice; they are not the same type of

lice. the "lice" that infest your turnip green patch, will not bite you because it suddenly "got warmer" in the US. The mites and lice that infest your chicken

house, will not be satisfied with sucking on turnip greens; but they will crawl all over a human and give you the "itch" for many days after you have gotten

rid of the mites. There are "redbugs," picked up from walking through grass, brush, or sometimes dirt. They will burrow under your skin and make you want to

take a wire brush and shed your won hide off. There are seed ticks that will cover you from brushing against the wrong tree limb, or infest your living room

when you buy that "real" tree at Christmas. The "Mange" in dogs, or as we humans dislike having to call it, "Scabies," that will infest you and all your

pets. There are hog lice, chiken mites, Sarcopic mange, ring worm,(& scores of other funguses from cattle and horses and dogs), that humans can get. There is

the "creeping crud," a fungus, that sometimes does not show to the naked eye for months, but will make you claw until you bleed, usually starting at the

ankles and working up; it lives in the soil. While we back woods, country people may call all these vermin and varmints funny names, and we may seem

stupid to some, we know these critters you are talking about; they were here in the US long before you went overseas. It is just as possible that you caught it

from your Georgia tent mate when he returned from leave, as it is that you caught it in Iraq, or some other "hot" place.

We have put a couple of cap fulls of pine oil or bleach in our bath water for years; we have cleaned our houses with pine oil for hundreds of years. We have

dabbed pine oil, turpintine, and sometimes if desperate enough, coal oil, on redbugs,(and various other critters that attached themselves to us), to kill

them for hundreds of years. We have coated ourselves in various kinds of fats, mud, and paste to keep them off, and to kill them when they decided to live on

us anyway. We have bathed in baking soda, salt and epsoms salt to keep from itching; smeared paste from mustard, baking soda and tobacco to help. We have

taken the "skin" from egg shells and pit on bad bites, to draw the "itch" out. We have chewed on the sulphur ends of hard matches, and made a paste out

of "flowers of sulfur;" which bugs hate the smell of, and it keeps the bites from getting infected. One of the bad things about itchy bites, it all that
scratching and hot, blooding flesh, attracts even more critters.
As for borax; you can buy "20 Mule Team"borax powder; it's been around longer than any of us. We wash with it, neutralize orors with it, remove stains with

it, etc.
Jordan wrote:
second of all i have three dogs 2 nasty cats that are always in the fields dragging home birds.........SOME OF THESE OTHER PEOPLE PROBABLY HAVE SCABIES
Bill In Michigan

Jackson, MI

#30 May 25, 2009
Hi Jordan here is the rest of his post, it is pretty simple, one thing for sure not all people get scabies or atttacked by mites in general. Some people are not allegic to poison ivy, som never get colds..etc

ok here is the final part of the farmers post

Most of all, down here, we have been rubbing it on our meat in our smoke houses for ages; flies won't even light on it. we just wash it off when

we take it out to eat. I heard in the eighties, that they were "blowing" recycled, chipped up, news papers into the walls of old historical homes to

insulate them. Guess what they were soaking the news paper in prior to drying and chopping it up? That's right...Borax. Not only does it kill bugs, repel

bugs, repel rodents and prevent them from chewing and nesting in the paper insulation, but it makes the paper fire retardent. You can make your on roach

and ant bait with it by mixing it with flour and sugar, or just corn syrup and Borax. You can use it like carpet fresh, and you can wash your walls and floors

and counters with it; use it as a paste for scrubbing; just don't rinse it too well, and you will see a lessening of itchy critters. And for people that want

their clothes clean, but do not like fragrance fumes, etc., it's the best for your laundry.

If the varmints are eating your ankles up, mix some borax with your lotion or vaseline; it will repel them and has antibiotic properties

God bless you
Bill
Jordan wrote:
second of all i have three dogs 2 nasty cats that are always in the fields dragging home birds.... SOME OF THESE OTHER PEOPLE PROBABLY HAVE SCABIES
Sue

United States

#32 Oct 11, 2009
Scabies can often be misdiagnosed. Doctors often do not diagnose the itchy rash correctly. It also can look different then the pictures on the websites. If you are diagnosed, I recommend treating everyone in the household at the same time. Scabies can take several weeks to show as a rash. It is likely the whole family is infested whether they have symptoms or not. 5 percent permethrin cream is prescribed by a physician only and is noted to be the most effective treatment. Unfortunately it is a pesticide or scabicide to be correct.
ric

Portland, OR

#33 Apr 30, 2010
do you think if I am doing crystal meth it is going to make the mites more aggressive"?
EMM

United States

#34 May 19, 2010
YOU CAN get mites from flora! and birds !

http://faculty.pittstate.edu/~dgordon/Mystery...

copy and paste the above for answers they are not scabies however ,,,the "Pyemote" leave similar bites and are a "mite"

ruky wrote:
i figure i contracted scabies from trying on clothing at a store, not for sure. at first i thought i had come in contact with poison oak , i battled with the stuff for 5 months. went to my family docter which took no skin scrapping, and gave me an antibotic skin cream. it didn't work. after a few more months, i went to a dermatologist, thank goodness ! permethrin for 2 months, cloroxed all clothing, bedding, shoes. flee powdered the carpets. cloroxed bed , pillows. went to vet. and purchased flee and mite control for my cats [ they carried only 1 brand that killed flees and mites]. kept this up for 2 months and finally got rid of them.
i resently was out side around those plants again,and i've got the inch again. i've been battling this as if it were poison oak for the past two weeks, it to much like the scabies.
Question:
can you get scabies from a plant?
EMM

United States

#35 Jun 14, 2010
There is Kansas University report about some folks coming down with "chiggers" after a baseball game. However, it turned out to be an Oak mite , falling from the shade trees. Ever see those tiny dots on a leaf?Also spider mites have been a gardeners sore thumb for a long time. Mites are everywhere. Scabies however feed on human blood. I just want the little rastards off me once and for all. I found a cocoon tufted into the hair on the nape of my neck. Apparently, I picked up head lice too as a reminder of my visit to the nursing home. Everyone who visited gran , got it too. The tough thing for me is to wash my linens every single day and all these clothes omg. I just feel so filthy and disgusting. I feel badly for anyone who has this mess.
Daniel

Reno, NV

#36 Oct 22, 2011
Bleach works! I'm so excited, and it doesnt affect my skin in any noticeable bad ways. It is keeping the scabies at bay. Whew, after 7 months this is a blessing.
Lucybelle wrote:
has anyone ever used and had good results with a bleach/water mixture spray. I was thinking about mixing some up instead of adding it to a bath. Maybe mist it over my body while still in the shower with the water off and let soak in for 3 min or so, then rinse, and pour an epsom salt mixture over myself and let that dry on and stay? Any suggestions are welcome..I am readng lots of threads and trying to learn how to cure this problem. I did start wearing gloves while handling dirty laundry.
Hadenough

Denver, CO

#37 May 14, 2012
Took my first ever bleach and water bath, and the itching has totally subsided so far. Only been twenty minutes though. I am willing to try anything at this point. Going to hopefully sleep tonight.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#38 May 15, 2012
Hadenough wrote:
Took my first ever bleach and water bath, and the itching has totally subsided so far. Only been twenty minutes though. I am willing to try anything at this point. Going to hopefully sleep tonight.
2 yrs now for me been there done that all of it. What I found to work the best for me is Grisi sulphur soap showers daily you can order it from amazon farily cheap. Use gloves when you shower so as to transmit from and to your hands. Lather full body and hair with lots of this soap (so it looks like lotion its so thick). then Scrub scrub scrub with a really good exfoliator cloth one from Body shop I like the best, on every part of your body. Leave this on for now less than 10 minutes while you are scrubbing away. Rinse off, keeping your disposable gloves on put a leave in conditioner on hair. Of course always use clean clothes and clean towels every time. House cleaning to the max is important also, I really focus hard on the bathroom area for cleaning and use bleach and water mixture in a spray bottle, not too strong though as you can damage coatings on taps etc. trial and error. Also rub coconut oil all over your body after your shower just a light layer is all that is needed but use your disposable gloves to do so. Its what I found to be the best topically.
DoctorAly

Allentown, PA

#40 Mar 11, 2013
Jordan, I study medicine, am a 3rd year resident, and it took me 10 months to come to the conclusion it was bird mites attacking myself and my home. Being a Doctor I am very much scientifically based, meaning science is based on facts, so is the feild of medicine. I used a process of elimination in order to come to my conclusion, i.e. I elimated fleas first, then bed bugs since the bites were not typical bed bug bites and if you look in certain areas mainly at night bed bugs are very much visible, since I could not see what was biting me or any real signs of them being in my home I went to see the Doctor, I was told it was Scabies but after 4 treatments and vacating my below-freezing home after hurricane sandy I was still being bit, I was also bit through the permethrin which was a big indicator it was not scabies. I did know it was a mite of some kind because of the lack of any true visual signals and finally did significant research to know exactly what mite it was. You are very misguided, bird mites are very common in this country, they attack commonly found birds, technically they really attack the fledgelings, but they also attack pet birds i.e. parakeets or cockatiels. However, when either the "outdoor" birds leave their nest or the "pet birds" succomb to blood loss, they will seek any host nearby which is very commonly humans. In fact, they tend to only feed from one host therefore making that host feel like they are crazy, "it must be psychological I'm the only one that is feeling this." I hope this informs you a bit more, and I truly hope you never have to experience this, I'm going to the Emergency Room today because the mites have began to crawl and bite internally. This is not something to play around with, if you believe you have these mites, see a physician first, then treat your home and pets.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#41 Mar 11, 2013
DoctorAly wrote:
Jordan, I study medicine, am a 3rd year resident, and it took me 10 months to come to the conclusion it was bird mites attacking myself and my home. Being a Doctor I am very much scientifically based, meaning science is based on facts, so is the feild of medicine. I used a process of elimination in order to come to my conclusion, i.e. I elimated fleas first, then bed bugs since the bites were not typical bed bug bites and if you look in certain areas mainly at night bed bugs are very much visible, since I could not see what was biting me or any real signs of them being in my home I went to see the Doctor, I was told it was Scabies but after 4 treatments and vacating my below-freezing home after hurricane sandy I was still being bit, I was also bit through the permethrin which was a big indicator it was not scabies. I did know it was a mite of some kind because of the lack of any true visual signals and finally did significant research to know exactly what mite it was. You are very misguided, bird mites are very common in this country, they attack commonly found birds, technically they really attack the fledgelings, but they also attack pet birds i.e. parakeets or cockatiels. However, when either the "outdoor" birds leave their nest or the "pet birds" succomb to blood loss, they will seek any host nearby which is very commonly humans. In fact, they tend to only feed from one host therefore making that host feel like they are crazy, "it must be psychological I'm the only one that is feeling this." I hope this informs you a bit more, and I truly hope you never have to experience this, I'm going to the Emergency Room today because the mites have began to crawl and bite internally. This is not something to play around with, if you believe you have these mites, see a physician first, then treat your home and pets.
Glad you found out what you are dealing with. Many individuals on the forum have gone to many doctors looking for help, to just be told that they have DP. Doctors don't believe that these mites go internally, and that they do not feed on humans. As soon as you tell a doc you feel something crawling the docs want to put you on DP meds. Good luck and please let your doc friends know that when someone comes in saying they are being bitten and something is crawling on them they should listen. Good luck and speedy recovery.
Freewheelin Franklin

Golden, CO

#42 Mar 11, 2013
DoctorAly wrote:
Jordan, I study medicine, am a 3rd year resident, and it took me 10 months to come to the conclusion it was bird mites attacking myself and my home. Being a Doctor I am very much scientifically based, meaning science is based on facts, so is the feild of medicine. I used a process of elimination in order to come to my conclusion, i.e. I elimated fleas first, then bed bugs since the bites were not typical bed bug bites and if you look in certain areas mainly at night bed bugs are very much visible, since I could not see what was biting me or any real signs of them being in my home I went to see the Doctor, I was told it was Scabies but after 4 treatments and vacating my below-freezing home after hurricane sandy I was still being bit, I was also bit through the permethrin which was a big indicator it was not scabies. I did know it was a mite of some kind because of the lack of any true visual signals and finally did significant research to know exactly what mite it was. You are very misguided, bird mites are very common in this country, they attack commonly found birds, technically they really attack the fledgelings, but they also attack pet birds i.e. parakeets or cockatiels. However, when either the "outdoor" birds leave their nest or the "pet birds" succomb to blood loss, they will seek any host nearby which is very commonly humans. In fact, they tend to only feed from one host therefore making that host feel like they are crazy, "it must be psychological I'm the only one that is feeling this." I hope this informs you a bit more, and I truly hope you never have to experience this, I'm going to the Emergency Room today because the mites have began to crawl and bite internally. This is not something to play around with, if you believe you have these mites, see a physician first, then treat your home and pets.
Sounds like you have morgellons disease, then you will feel "mites" internally.
John

Waco, TX

#43 Mar 11, 2013
Freewheelin Franklin wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like you have morgellons disease, then you will feel "mites" internally.
It figures you would respond to his post, because he stated he was a doctor and a scientist. He drew you in.
Just happy

Columbus, IN

#45 Aug 26, 2016
Lucybelle wrote:
has anyone ever used and had good results with a bleach/water mixture spray. I was thinking about mixing some up instead of adding it to a bath. Maybe mist it over my body while still in the shower with the water off and let soak in for 3 min or so, then rinse, and pour an epsom salt mixture over myself and let that dry on and stay? Any suggestions are welcome..I am readng lots of threads and trying to learn how to cure this problem. I did start wearing gloves while handling dirty laundry.
Yes.i used bleach on washcloth it killed all chigers

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
sulphur and scabies (Jul '11) 1 hr Trixie Bradshaw 25
How long do EXTERNAL eggs and mites take to die... (Nov '09) 5 hr Enter usernaime 103
Take it to the next level: Albendazole and Praz... (Jul '13) Mon Bugged out 49
My Ivermectin Treatment Story (Apr '12) Sun Southernbell58 1,407
Scabies but no rash, just itching & crawling fe... (Mar '12) May 21 NncyB 155
Removing Scabies from your Environment (Jan '08) May 21 Adana 286
How long does Ivermectin take to work? (Mar '10) May 20 And a healthy 2017 222
More from around the web