First Prev
of 4
Next Last
MR AL

Olympia, WA

#64 Jul 9, 2009
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Jaa13: Are you yelling at me? The canine mites can live on humans. These mites are evolving. People with poor immunity can pick up sarcoptic scabiei var. canis and these mites can breed and live on humans. The literature is old and outdated. don't yell at me. i'll beat your ass.
HA...LOL I had to laugh at that JOE!!..
Tired

Schaumburg, IL

#65 Jul 9, 2009
Joe - you are right. The reason that the perm is not working for many people is that the mites have evolved. These things have a survival instinct that I could not believe. One of the doctors I saw said they don't go on the head in adults. I believed this - UNTIL I GOT THEM ON MY HEAD. When my body became a hostile environment their survival instinct told them to move where there was no sulfur - my head. Jaa13 just read how many on this forum have them on their heads. Next I was foolish enough to believe they would not transfer to my pets. I have never had any flea problems or anything in my house so when my dog started scratching herself to pieces at night I was WAY to familar with that itch. The medical community sticks its head in the sand while we suffer. I have said before on this forum that the medical literature previously said that swine flu could not be transmitted human to human - and we know what happend there. I only comment because I don't want others to make the same mistakes I made. Not treating the pets and head made this drag on for me way longer than it needed to.

And no need to get angry with each other. Haven't we all had enough to deal with. Peace!
Miodrag

Saint Augustine, FL

#66 Sep 25, 2009
I catch mine when I open vacant mail box.. I'm mail man and was trying to remove some letters and send them back. Mail was full of some bugs and paper was eaten, full of kind of poops and dirt, plus wet and dirty. I have itchy sensation on legs, some parts of stomack, testicles, arms and fingers. I'm so nervous and will try to order permethrin 5 %....
itchy 1

Brooklyn, NY

#67 Sep 26, 2009
Miodrag wrote:
I catch mine when I open vacant mail box.. I'm mail man and was trying to remove some letters and send them back. Mail was full of some bugs and paper was eaten, full of kind of poops and dirt, plus wet and dirty. I have itchy sensation on legs, some parts of stomack, testicles, arms and fingers. I'm so nervous and will try to order permethrin 5 %....
This is most likely not scabies and the permethrin thereform not necessarily what you should use. Could be fleas, birdmites, spiders, or some other biting insect or mite. You must get diagnosed correctly to get the right treatment. Scabies is not caught this way. Only skin to skin or from something someone with scabies wore, slept on, or used a lot with bare skin.
mom in pain

Islamabad, Pakistan

#68 Sep 27, 2009
i dont know for sure where i got it from but my guess for sure is when i travelled to a city near by and stayed in a guest room for a week ! i have stayed in guest rooms quite a many times but this time i dont know wat happened other wise i ve not seen anyone having scabies or my husband never had it ! i have nt been in contact with anyone single person i copuld relate to having any skin problem ! hey but im a woman of faith and im sure ill get over with this parasite soon ! im using PERMITE _S lotion and as the itch is wide spread all over my body with burrows and scratches ive made ! i think its goignto take some time but im sure its going to go away !ALLAH muhafiz !
sickofscabies

Albuquerque, NM

#69 Nov 30, 2009
I am not so sure where my me and my kids got the scabies. The scabies were worse a couple of weeks ago now we still have the itch, but with very little bumps. On on of my daughters you can still see them just a little bit, it hard to keep on going to the doctors to ask for more of the permethrin 5% I've done everything to help us, but doesn't seem to be working. Well it help some, especially under my daughters under arms. This is far the worst itchy most painful feeling we have ever felt. And i wish this was easy to get rid of, as it is so easy to get the scabies. I hope this eventually goes away soon.
SKF

Glasgow, KY

#70 Dec 1, 2009
Wanders wrote:
I caught mine from my boyfriend, after the itching was terrible like no other itch before I knew something was wrong, so I sit him down and told him I knew he had given me something... he eventually admitted to getting scabies from his sister, and he even said she gave him the lotion but he never used it, I was so mad... he knew he had this, but never told me... and he even had the lotion but never applied.. it was just so wrong, we aren't together anymore.. I have no social life now.. I stay in one room researching this everyday... trying everything to get rid of them.
very selfish on his part. does he still carry them ya think?. i had to leave my husband to not get re-infested. he would not treat and i took my life as serious. now that im gone.. well he is getting a little bite of it. but you got ta do what ya gotta do. thats enough to make you not want to be intimate ever again. i hope you get better. i dont visit this site much anymore becaus ei am a recovering sufferer. i go to school full time and dont have time for much more. but i like to check in every great once in a while. good luck darlin. be careful out there.
who knows why these things are attaching certain people . it dont make lots of scence to me. there has to be a reason to this. no doubt someone has all the answers . i got mine from bringing a birdnest in my house,so whatever crawlies lived in nests and birds got me.it was a hard thing to go through, but just keep your skin and environment as clean as possible. good luck . to you alll.
Perry

Lubbock, TX

#71 Dec 14, 2009
I have read nothing that even appears as a quick cure to these things. I have all the symptoms and the extremem itching at night and worsens with hot water, however has anyone found something that WORKS" Sulfur vaseline? I tried perm 5% nada topical ...got worse. Oatmeal bath help with itching only
ABBA

Brooklyn, NY

#72 Dec 14, 2009
Perry: can't say the sulfur does work if u try it alot have said 10% does good on rash sites but putting a higher dose could be dangerous I sometimes work around pure sulfur in a refinery and let me tell u it's nothing good!!!!!! Not positive that I'm fully cured kinda waiting for it to pop up again no problems for 4 weeks except a little itching sometimes.... but being cautious.... made doc give me a different med just in case EURAX 10% lotion( might be good)
carol meins

Boldon, UK

#73 May 22, 2012
I Contracted scabies as did the other three members of our household . just before we broke out in the horrible rash the two family dogs were itching and scratching and were treat for fleas . I ASKED THE GP if these could have come from the dogs but this was dismissed immedietly .I AM UNCONVINCED AND STILL THINK THAT THE HAVE COME FROM CANINE .
scratchyanditchy

UK

#74 May 23, 2012
carol meins wrote:
I Contracted scabies as did the other three members of our household . just before we broke out in the horrible rash the two family dogs were itching and scratching and were treat for fleas . I ASKED THE GP if these could have come from the dogs but this was dismissed immedietly .I AM UNCONVINCED AND STILL THINK THAT THE HAVE COME FROM CANINE .
HI CAROL,
GPs will dismiss any opinion you have. If you think you got them from the dog, you probably did.
I caught mine from a mangy donkey at a horse sale, I am convinced, yet all information says that animal scabies cannot live on humans.......
unicorn21

Hot Springs, SD

#75 Mar 29, 2013
i agree with you all that scabies can come from pets and doctors are wrong when they say you cant get it from them... I also believe some places that are dusty outside or carpets are good places for the scabies mites to gather and get on you...public places such as courthouses or clinics seem to have lots of them especially if you sit in a chair some infested person sat in before.. Im wondering now if its possible to get scabies from hair color? every time i dye my hair it gets worse thought it was an allergy at first but no its scabies in the scalp could it be something in the hair color has mites in it?
VSS

Hollywood, FL

#76 Mar 30, 2013
unicorn21 wrote:
i agree with you all that scabies can come from pets and doctors are wrong when they say you cant get it from them... I also believe some places that are dusty outside or carpets are good places for the scabies mites to gather and get on you...public places such as courthouses or clinics seem to have lots of them especially if you sit in a chair some infested person sat in before.. Im wondering now if its possible to get scabies from hair color? every time i dye my hair it gets worse thought it was an allergy at first but no its scabies in the scalp could it be something in the hair color has mites in it?
The only reason that mites would be in a carpet, is because of a person or pet, who walk on the carpet or sit on the carpet or lays down on the carpet. The mites fall off the animal or person and the mite may actually eat skin cells imbedded into the carpet,or may actually live in the carpet for an amount of time, enough to climb right back on a person or animal the next day. The longer the mite is on the carpet and not able to feed off of a mammal, the harder it is for the mite to live and procreate. They eventually die out and dry out.

What is happening on your scalp is that the hair dye is stimulating the mites to escape their burrows, and this activity is causing you to have symptoms which are unpleasant; itching and biting sensations.

You would need to actually use a scabicide for a few weeks to rid your scalp of this infestation. Ivermectin and permethrin both usually does the job, but not always.
Innocent cat

Rathdrum, ID

#79 Jul 26, 2013
whyscabies wrote:
<quoted text>
i got my scabies from my girlfriend. she started with a rash that we though was an ellergic reaction to a flea shampoo we used on our cat after the little bastard jumped out out window and spent his very first night outdoors. he was covered in fleas when we got it back.
as the rash got worse, we got rid of the cat. weeks later i got infected, went to the doctor and found out it was scabies.
the doctor told me it had nothing to do with the cat, but it coincided perfectly. the doctor prescribed me eurax. he said i'd get rid of them in a snap. now, a month after my first treatment, and three after the itching started, i realized my doctor was wrong about a lot of things except the diagnosis.
the cat brought the scabies into our house and spread them evenly around the apartment. we have had such an easier time controlling the scabies since the cat is gone.
"Canine or feline scabies mites can bite humans and cause itchy red bumps, but they cannot reproduce on our (human) skin, and so the mites usually die a couple of weeks after exposure. Humans can also have their own species of scabies, so if you have concerns about a skin condition, please consult your medical doctor or dermatologist" The mites can be passed to other animals, such as coyotes, foxes, and (transiently) humans. People who have acquired mites will develop itchy red bumps on their body. These lesions last for approximately two weeks, after which they usually disappear on their own." So although rare, you can get ONLY bitten by these scabies, but NOT infected, your cat was been innocent. In fact you probably infected the poor cat! Good thing it wasn't your child! Pet ownership is about being responsible, not just bailing at the first sign of trouble.
Source; http://www.medhelp.org
A Personn

Durham, NC

#80 Thursday Dec 11
Mann. Scabies is badd. My famm. Had it and it was crazy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The ONLY Scabies cure that actually worked - Ps... (Jun '14) 2 hr Jeanie 45
Test to Try - drop skin flakes or scabs from so... 4 hr Scratches 20
scabies or what????? (Nov '11) 5 hr itchy and scabby 11
clove oil cures scabies (Oct '10) 9 hr anonymous 84
How did I get rid of scabies in three seconds (Oct '11) 13 hr Yvonne Fitzgerald 462
Keeping mites controlled and tolerable until a ... 14 hr desperate102 3
Need more info about scabies treatment. Fri itchygirl 1
More from around the web