Tea tree oil surfaces scabies

Tea tree oil surfaces scabies

Posted in the Scabies Forum

Jersey City, NJ

#1 Feb 22, 2012
So I can say with 100 percent confidence that tea tree oil works well as far as getting the scabies to the surface. However I would not go far enough to say it will cure you or even kill the mites on your hand. But what I will say is this; using the combination of tea tree oil lotion and permethrin, and proactively cleaning your environment should give you your best chance at ridding your scabies infestation. About a half hour earlier my hands were burning so I got my tea tree oil lotion and scrubbed my hands with it. Not more than 5 seconds after going through this process, black specks surfaced. In addition, I let the black specks alone and right before my eyes I saw one dig back into my epidermis. Which is why I feel this won't be an effective method of treatment by itself because it doesn't directly kill the scabies. Although I will say this that a majority of the black specks lifted are likely dead scabies mites and removing these from your skin may decrease the allergic reaction developed from the mites. Just a further note, these black specks I'm referring to are smaller than a grain of pepper just so you can get an image in case you see similar specks on your hands. Hope this helps

Woodland Hills, CA

#2 Mar 1, 2012
That's interesting. I experienced the same thing with the TTO! It totally freaked me out! But my dermatologist says I'm in post-scabies, so they must be dead.
Over it

#4 Mar 6, 2013
My baby (5months old) and I are battling this hideous thing (unofficialy diagnosed scabies) and I am constantly picking these black specks off him and me. Yesterday I caught one behind his ear near a small dot of blood! Wtf! I'm so over it. We have treated 5 times now over 8 weeks. They are so small and wish I could see what they are up close. Scabies mites are not meant to be black?? I showed my doctor one and he just said its dust. It's not friggin dust. Why are doctors so misinformed about scabies and its treatment. It's hell on earth......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Please help me guys 1 hr stressed 44
will sulfur soap get rid of scabies (Jun '10) 2 hr stressed 199
Valbazen Albendazole is discusting but it works 4 hr stressed 34
Is this thing a scabies mite? Or some other kin... 6 hr TaraBear 6
Scabies-There is hope in God (Jan '15) 15 hr BlessedtheLord 32
Will the scars ever go away or fade? (Sep '13) 18 hr Jesmim 30
Hair Dryer works to stop itch & Rife Frequency ... (Mar '08) Sat Healing Holistically 6
More from around the web