Naperville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2012

Judged:

Turns out my bug bites were from a bug called "Thrip" had to catch one on tape and brought it to the dermatologist to have it ID. "Thrip" Corn Lice bite people for the hell of it they don't feed on blood To small to see.

Has anyone heard these?
KJV

Naperville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2012

Yes thrips are a live and leave long track marks. Also too small to see like 1/2 the size of a pepper flake. And these monsters have wings.(Monster biters)

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2013

Judged:

Bump for misery au

Your not alone
misery_in_au

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2013

Thank you needpeace <3
Very interesting to see that a prior poster has had it and also the second comment from KJV about the track marks, wings and the particularly intense bite. They don't feed on the blood but rather the skin, although can enter from cuts and the track marks that they create. At long last everything is falling into place. I always knew they weren't scabies but rather something that had a similar presentation and symptoms. One of those "D'oh!" moments...

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2013

Do your thrips look like the one in this picture relative to a human knuckle? In this wiki link?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thrips

If so you should be able to see them and just call an exterminator.

http://www.orkin.com/other/thrips/

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2013

Judged:

misery_in_au wrote:
Thank you needpeace <3
Very interesting to see that a prior poster has had it and also the second comment from KJV about the track marks, wings and the particularly intense bite. They don't feed on the blood but rather the skin, although can enter from cuts and the track marks that they create. At long last everything is falling into place. I always knew they weren't scabies but rather something that had a similar presentation and symptoms. One of those "D'oh!" moments...
Misery, can you go and find a substantiated scientific article about thrips and how they infect humans to give the kind of symptoms you are experiencing? These drama websites like birdmites.org and anecdotes from people should be discredited as substantiated science. I did a search using "thrips", "humans" and "entomology" and sacnned about 10 entomolgy sites and found no evidence at all of this. Please if you can find any real evidence of this please post it here.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2013

Well where is the info? You once told me you had a masters degree. I'm assuming the major is in Drama.
I was also looking at your writing syle and ficticious poster InUK2. Hmmm.
misery_in_au

Bankstown, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2013

misery_in_au

Bankstown, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2013

lotus_fan wrote:
If so you should be able to see them and just call an exterminator.
http://www.orkin.com/other/thrips/
Not once they've taken up residence under the skin.
misery_in_au

Bankstown, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2013

I included a paper on delusional parasitosis as there are new studies now indicating that in as many as 60% of alleged delusional patients the origin is of insect/arachnid exposure, however the initial studies were not thorough enough in those patients.
FRED

Golden, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2013

Judged:

misery_in_au wrote:
<quoted text>
Not once they've taken up residence under the skin.
Not one of those studies specifically concludes that thrips take up residence under the skin.

"No biopsy specimen (0 of 80) provided evidence to support skin infestation."

So as I said you should just be able to call an exterminator. Show the study that concludes thrips have taken residence under the skin and the exact passage where that is established .

Also the scenario of all the thrips moving from the environment into your skin is implausible. It's like saying you have a lot of mosquitoe bites and now the mosquitoes are inside you. It's just not what they do.

You can't just add behavour to an insect to suit your symptoms.

Your assertions are ridiculous.

It's clear that they bite people but they are an environmental issue.

They do not inhabit you.

You can't just add that because it suits your made up scenario.
misery_in_au

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2013

Judged:

FRED wrote:
<quoted text>
Not one of those studies specifically concludes that thrips take up residence under the skin.
"No biopsy specimen (0 of 80) provided evidence to support skin infestation."
So as I said you should just be able to call an exterminator. Show the study that concludes thrips have taken residence under the skin and the exact passage where that is established .
Also the scenario of all the thrips moving from the environment into your skin is implausible. It's like saying you have a lot of mosquitoe bites and now the mosquitoes are inside you. It's just not what they do.
You can't just add behavour to an insect to suit your symptoms.
Your assertions are ridiculous.
It's clear that they bite people but they are an environmental issue.
They do not inhabit you.
You can't just add that because it suits your made up scenario.
You've only quoted one line from one paper which doesn't encapsulate all of them. To quote yourself "You can't just add that because it suits your made up scenario." There is no definitive conclusion either way upon thrips infestation under the skin, even though its a well-known fact that they infest plants. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. There's a lot more investigation needed and current evidence does not preclude eventuality. What is there is that the medical profession acknowledges that thrips bite humans. I haven't seen any academic study that acknowledges a Morgellon's bug biting humans.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2013

Judged:

misery_in_au wrote:
<quoted text>
You've only quoted one line from one paper which doesn't encapsulate all of them. To quote yourself "You can't just add that because it suits your made up scenario." There is no definitive conclusion either way upon thrips infestation under the skin, even though its a well-known fact that they infest plants. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. There's a lot more investigation needed and current evidence does not preclude eventuality. What is there is that the medical profession acknowledges that thrips bite humans. I haven't seen any academic study that acknowledges a Morgellon's bug biting humans.
Morgellons is not a bug and it is not environmental. it is a multiple infection syndrome in your body. You should try reading once in a while.

Since: Oct 12

Sydney

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2013

OK Fred/Lotus, one point to you. Its not thrips (explained in my thread).

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2013

misery_in_au wrote:
OK Fred/Lotus, one point to you. Its not thrips (explained in my thread).
Oh, That explains why you posted six links on thrips?! silly me.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2013

oh , it was 10!
misery_in_au

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2013

Yeah, well at least I can admit an honest mistake. The problem is no medical testing available so its a process of elimination, and it did seem a likely candidate.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2013

misery_in_au wrote:
Yeah, well at least I can admit an honest mistake. The problem is no medical testing available so its a process of elimination, and it did seem a likely candidate.
Your right, the purpose of medical testing is to transfer your money into the "medical professionals" bank account. When you understand the nature of the pathogenic planet we live in and how EVERYONE is exposed to pathogens daily then you will understand that all people are carrying a pathogenic burden. the tests are irrelevant .For success you need to shift your perspective from being right to being informed. Quit being so combative, it doesn't serve you.
misery_in_au

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2013

Unfortunately thats the agreement we make with some form of authority in order for the benefits of society. I understand about the pathogens and GMOs etc. I also think we've created a multitude of treatment-resistant pestilence in many forms. Be all that as it may.... it's still an arthropod.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2013

Judged:

Fred, stop being a jerk.

Misery had her bug ID'd.

You saying that she's wrong does not change the ID of the bug.

I had a GREAT experience this week... went to my skeptical derm... and as he was closely examining my skin with is magnifying glasses (I was rubbing econazole on it and making black specs pop out), A BUG came out of my skin and ran down my leg. He had examined my leg closely before I put the cream on, so he was certain that it wasn't there from before. He was shocked. He said "Don't tell your doctor, he'll say you're delusional. If I hadn't have seen it, I wouldn't have believed it."

WIN!

I don't know if mine are collembola/springtails or thrips. Could be either as they look quite similar under a microscope (both have differentiated heads, and pointed tails). Both infest clothing and fabric - which I have in spades. Soaking my clothing in vinegar and fogging my house with windex and cedar has changed my life. Anti-fungals are also a major game changer, so I'm leaning towards collembola, but I do see tiny white flies, so thrips is a possibility.

I feel better than I have in months... but it's still a battle, I'm just on the winning side now.

Fred, you are not right all the time. That's just the way it is. You do not have the ultimate answer for all of us. Some people have bugs, not morgellons. Some have both. Some got morgellons/lyme from their bugs. BUT IF YOU INSISTE THAT WE DON'T HAVE WHAT WE KNOW WE HAVE THAT MAKES YOU NO BETTER THAN THE DOCTORS WHO Dx US AS DELUSIONAL.

I think it has something to do with the time you *thought* you had scabies. You're just taking the role of the antagonist doctor. Stop.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Scabies on face and scalp? (Aug '07) 16 hr Jen 883
Collembola/Springtails (Jan '13) 21 hr Mattie68 526
anyone have experience with sensation like elec... (Aug '13) Fri dancesilly2 10
ivermectin dosage chart and info (Oct '11) Thu TVNV 620
Are you having an allergic reaction to DAWN DIS... (Feb '14) Wed twitchivixen 7
Morgellons and Lyme from mite infections (May '13) Aug 20 Joanne 449
2 yrs later its not scabies its lyme disease (May '12) Aug 20 FRED 23
how do i get rid of scabies once and for all? i... (Feb '07) Aug 19 Diatomaceous Earth 4,104
Removing Scabies from your Environment (Jan '08) Aug 15 Poppykat 245

Search the Scabies Forum:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••