Ballwin, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Me and my boyfriend have had scabies for 2 months now. I'm 16 weeks pregnant and I'm about to lose my mind. We've use permethrin 5 or 6 times, and lindane. We've used the steroid ointment and taken bleach baths and tea Tree oil. We've washed, steam cleaned everything. We've wrapped everything in plastic wrap and duct tape. I'm literally getting suicidal over this. What do I do?!?!?!?!?!
aaa

Council Bluffs, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

hey how did you know it was reinfestion?
Lost and suicidal

Ballwin, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

aaa wrote:
hey how did you know it was reinfestion?
New bumps in between fingers and on the ankles and on the arms. They say you'll itch for 3 to 6 weeks after being treated, but you won't see any new bumps.
aaa

Council Bluffs, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Lost and suicidal wrote:
<quoted text>
New bumps in between fingers and on the ankles and on the arms. They say you'll itch for 3 to 6 weeks after being treated, but you won't see any new bumps.
because i have itching but no new bumps and i dont now what the difference is between reinfestion or if its because of the cream
Lost and suicidal

Ballwin, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

You'll itch afterwards, using that permethrin cream
aaa

Council Bluffs, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

did you go to the doctor ? and can you tell me what she told you?.. i called mine today to see if i need to do the treatment agin... because i was hopeing some one could tell me what happens when you get reinfected and how long it takes cause my doctor did tell me that there was going to be itching but i am so confused ... did the bumps come back in the same spot or in diffrent places ... and also i do itch but not al night what do think
Lost and suicidal

Ballwin, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

aaa wrote:
did you go to the doctor ? and can you tell me what she told you?.. i called mine today to see if i need to do the treatment agin... because i was hopeing some one could tell me what happens when you get reinfected and how long it takes cause my doctor did tell me that there was going to be itching but i am so confused ... did the bumps come back in the same spot or in diffrent places ... and also i do itch but not al night what do think
To be honest, I keep getting different answers. It's like no one knows how to get rid of them. I had new bites after 2 days. They say apply once and then again after 7 days. And they've always been in different spots.
aaa

Council Bluffs, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

i am so confused sorry i counldnt help but i get what your going through i cant get it off my mind and just keep thanking about it this really sucks and i feel like i cant get help from no one :(
Lost and suicidal

Ballwin, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

aaa wrote:
i am so confused sorry i counldnt help but i get what your going through i cant get it off my mind and just keep thanking about it this really sucks and i feel like i cant get help from no one :(
I understand. No one wants you around. And you don't feel like being around anyone.
misery_in_au

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Lost and suicidal wrote:
<quoted text>
To be honest, I keep getting different answers. It's like no one knows how to get rid of them. I had new bites after 2 days. They say apply once and then again after 7 days. And they've always been in different spots.
New eggs will start two hatch two to four days after treatment, so yes you are still infested, no re-infested, and no you're not going crazy. Its estimated that as many as 1 in 10 people have a mite infestation at any one time in even developed countries such as the USA, Australia etc.

The truth of the matter is that doctors are treating these microscopic mites with sticks and stones (outdated treatments). You may find some solace in knowing you're not alone.

You need to treat the scalp as matter of urgency. Most people use the perm cream on their scalp, hair and face as well as body. You'll need a few of these along with ivermectin (Stromectol) though I'm not sure about the latter in pregnancy. Please stay strong.
Lost and suicidal

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

misery_in_au wrote:
<quoted text>
New eggs will start two hatch two to four days after treatment, so yes you are still infested, no re-infested, and no you're not going crazy. Its estimated that as many as 1 in 10 people have a mite infestation at any one time in even developed countries such as the USA, Australia etc.
The truth of the matter is that doctors are treating these microscopic mites with sticks and stones (outdated treatments). You may find some solace in knowing you're not alone.
You need to treat the scalp as matter of urgency. Most people use the perm cream on their scalp, hair and face as well as body. You'll need a few of these along with ivermectin (Stromectol) though I'm not sure about the latter in pregnancy. Please stay strong.
So should I just put the permethrin cream on the new bites and use tea tree oil and bleach bathes?
misery_in_au

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Perm cream all over again. Have heard that some use the tea tree to spot treat (thought that burned my skin like holy water on a vampire). Have also heard that bleach baths aren't very effective.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

150 Users are viewing the Scabies Forum right now

Search the Scabies Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Morgellons and Lyme from mite infections (May '13) 2 hr Joanne 450
Scabies on face and scalp? (Aug '07) 3 hr FRED 881
2 yrs later its not scabies its lyme disease (May '12) 7 hr FRED 23
Picture and video of scabies 18 hr Cody Oebel 2
SCAMS dont buy these for scabies their scams 18 hr Cody Oebel 6
how do i get rid of scabies once and for all? i... (Feb '07) Tue Diatomaceous Earth 4,104
ivermectin rash, help! Mon Tucson girl 19
Look at this picture of skin with mites and mig... (Apr '08) Mon skt1970 130
Removing Scabies from your Environment (Jan '08) Aug 15 Poppykat 245
ivermectin dosage chart and info (Oct '11) Aug 11 real indian 619
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••