2 yrs later its not scabies its lyme disease

Posted in the Scabies Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#1 May 9, 2012
I haven't been around here much the past while as I have been so depressed and really struggling with this nightmare. I have researched for hours and now I am convinced that what I thought was scabies is actually a bacteria from Lyme disease from a tick. From all my reading there are so many types of possible pathogens and bacteria ticks can carry. They say on some sites you can't get Lyme unless you've been bitten by a tick but also it has been said you can get it from a certain bacteria that tick may carry. One site- google it- Ticks and Tickborne Bacterial Diseases in Humans an emerging infectious threat. I have many more good sites I can list later, I am just trying to put all my information together to help others. Apparently it can present as scabies as well, depending on the type of bacteria/pathogen. 2 yrs ago, someone in my family I believe was bitten by a tick although diagnosed with ringworm. I paid no attention to it at the time. However, a couple weeks later this person,s mother got Bells palsy,then about 2 weeks after that I got Bells palsy, symptoms caused by tick bites. However we were not bitten by ticks, so now I believe the bacteria was passed on to us by close contact. What started me on this path of reassessment you ask? While I was doing and trying everything to treat what I thought was scabies I had a light bulb moment. One evening while I was trying desperately to rid this parasite from my hands, I was massaging clove oil mixed with grapeseed oil, for about an hour while checking under a light and a magnifying glass off and on. Well I looked and saw this "hair" thing coming out of my hand. What the heck??? I was showing my husband and we were looking at it under the magnifying glass and it actually moved honest- I kid you not. We thought we lost our minds and were imagining things or it was the air movement or something. So we continued to watch and held our breath and it moved like a worm. Well that was the start of a new investigation for me on a different path. I have since seen a few hair things come out of my hands and back on occasion. I started to investigate the bathroom area diligently and discovered all kinds of what I thought were normal human hair or sure some were, but a lot were not. And the really strange thing was you could clean the sink or tub and then spray it again with lysol, or vinegar or bleach or whatever and there it would be showing on the wall. Some are dark black, lighter brown or even lighter, some are hair some are not. I treat all like they are not. Ok how do I know that they are not all hair, I saw it with my own eyes that's how. I picked up one course looking black "hair" it was about 1/2 inch long and dropped it in the toilet it was straight, sprayed it with pure bleach and it went into a complete circle perfectly formed circle. A human hair cannot do that. That really freaked me out. I swear to God I am not some crack pot and I am not making any of this up. I have so much more to tell but I am going to get it all written up properly first and post it on here with more information on this. I am going to see my family Doctor and request more intense testing for lyme bacteria and show him the information I have gathered that backs up what I have been seeing and experiencing. Hopefully he won't say I have Delusional Parasitosis that.s an easy out for them when they don't have a clue. I even showed my findings to my husband for validation to myself because I even began to doubt me!! According to the misdianosed and misinformed Doctors quick to make a diagnosis, there are a lot of people out there with Delusional Parasitosis. To be continued........with the week hopefully I promise.........

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#2 May 9, 2012
Hi Persistance,
Many people on the birdmitesorg yahoo group have found that they have either Lyme disease or other coinfections, and when they treat for those they are no longer bitten by birdmites or other environmental mites.
Because of this I was tested for Lyme/coinfections but came up negative.
There is another pathogen that has been discovered and recently many people in the Morgellons community have been tested positively for it. This protozoa FL1953, now known as Protomyxoa Rheumatica causes problems in the detox pathways and a susceptibility to infection by environmental fungi and mite/collembolla activity. It is common among people that have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Rheumatoid Arthritis, and many autoimmune disorders. The lab that tests for it is Fry Labs in Scottsdale Arizona. They will work with doctors in the US and abroad.
I've recently tested positive for this and have started treatment. BTW, I started my 'mitemare' in June of '09.
Here is a link that has more info on it (there is a link within this article to an interview that is also informative -wade through the first 8 minutes, then it gets interesting)

http://betterhealthguy.com/joomla/blog/243-dr...

It is best to start out with a doctor that is at least cognizant of Lyme...hope yours is, and that you get some answers from them.
Banjo Bouy

Saint Louis, MO

#3 May 9, 2012
Well after fighting Scabies for 6 months we caught one on tape and brought it to the Doctor. Turn out to be a "Thrip"
(Corn lice) its been a living hell

Who the hell ever heard of Thrip?
Persistence

Winnipeg, Canada

#4 May 10, 2012
armed and fabulous wrote:
Hi Persistance,
Many people on the birdmitesorg yahoo group have found that they have either Lyme disease or other coinfections, and when they treat for those they are no longer bitten by birdmites or other environmental mites.
Because of this I was tested for Lyme/coinfections but came up negative.
There is another pathogen that has been discovered and recently many people in the Morgellons community have been tested positively for it. This protozoa FL1953, now known as Protomyxoa Rheumatica causes problems in the detox pathways and a susceptibility to infection by environmental fungi and mite/collembolla activity. It is common among people that have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Rheumatoid Arthritis, and many autoimmune disorders. The lab that tests for it is Fry Labs in Scottsdale Arizona. They will work with doctors in the US and abroad.
I've recently tested positive for this and have started treatment. BTW, I started my 'mitemare' in June of '09.
Here is a link that has more info on it (there is a link within this article to an interview that is also informative -wade through the first 8 minutes, then it gets interesting)
http://betterhealthguy.com/joomla/blog/243-dr...
It is best to start out with a doctor that is at least cognizant of Lyme...hope yours is, and that you get some answers from them.
Hi and thank you for your reply. I am so stressed right now too much pressure with this and other serious health issues that both my husband and I are dealing with.

Thankyou for your input and information. I will check out the site you listed. God help us all. I will be back later. Thanks once again.

Since: May 12

Bangkok, Thailand

#5 May 10, 2012
Persistence:
All the best for you. I had Lyme disease back in 1989. It started as a small round red rash on my back with a point in the middle. I went to a doctor who diagnosed it as a fungus and gave me a cream. I told my parents about it and mom started researching. On a drive from Frankurt to Amsterdam (weekly commute drive or fly), I stopped at a Dutch hospital because the thing was getting bigger; now about eight inches across, but fading. They diagnosed it as Lyme disease (I heard "Lions disease) and told me to get it seen too pronto. My mom called and when I said "Lion's disease", she said Lyme's and faxed info from Massachusetts or somewhere. Back in Germany, I went to the university hospital and the started IV drips of Rosefin antibiotics. I was in the hospital for six days and then outpatient coming back to hospital for 14 more IV drips of Rocefin. I think it was expensive stuff back then. If you test positive, don't let them give you antibiotic pills like cheap doxycycline and send you away. The rash will fade and go away, but you'll still have it. Sore joints come next, then it effects organs. Many old people just accept it as old age problems, but as mentioned, there is a reliable test.

Location hidden

#6 May 10, 2012
Immediate dosing of heavy antibiotics works if you discover the lyme disease or coinfections very early, say within a month.
For those that have lyme or coinfections that have gone untreated for a while, the current treatment recommended by LLMDs (lyme literate doctors) is 'pulsed" treatments of various antibiotics sometimes over several months. The reason for this is that the longer the spirochete diseases are in your body they can form protective biofilm communities and more then one type of treatment is required to isolate and kill the different parts of it. Doxycycline can be used as part of this treatment. In an of itself it is not a bad medicine for this...it is a matter of how it is used.

Since: May 12

Uttoxeter, UK

#7 May 11, 2012
armed:
I'm going to go get a test when I'm back in Europe to see about residual. Makes sense. I take doxycycline as a malaria prophylactic when travelling since I sometimes go at a moments notice. Once you catch something, it alters your life perception for a while. I'm the taxi to the centre of Bangkok I was looking curiously at the driver who had a vinyl covering over his seat. All other seats (I sat up front) were cloth. Then I kept thinking about all the guys that sat here recently after nighys of "entertainment .". Whew!
PeacockMaiden

Placerville, CA

#8 May 11, 2012
I left this forum in early March when I started seeing fibers in my skin, all around my house (yes, they were also plastered on the bathroom wall), and the proliferation of lint everywhere. There was not a doubt I was dealing with Morgellons, not scabies.
(I think that actual scabies was the vector of Morgellons in my case).
In any case, I have done so many treatments with Morg. protocols, and have seen some improvement, to a certain extent.
There is a pathogenic connection between Lyme and Morgellons, MS, Chronic Fatigue, etc, the list goes on. I was diagnosed with MS 7 years ago, so that connection makes sense in my case.
If you are getting tested for Lyme, be aware that most normal labs only test you for antibodies, and thus you will likely have a false negative result.
Some other independent labs test on several different parameters, like DNA, IGg, IGm, Western Blot, PCR, etc. These tests are way more detailed and more likely to find the Lyme or it's co-infections. Just yesterday I shipped off my blood specimen to NeuroScience Lab for their Lyme testing.
I am working with holistic nutritionist, Nancy Guberti, and she encouraged me to have the Comprehensive Stool Analysis and Organic Acids test from Metametrics Lab. The Stool Analysis will uncover many of the infections in your body. That lab is finding that many of the specimens of Morg. people have a "taxonomy unknown" pathogens. They are seeing pathogens in us that have not previously been identified. This is ground breaking research.
I had those tests done 2 weeks ago and I am waiting for the results. I am certain I have GI parasites, judging from what I see excavated in my stool.
I also have an appointment in June to see Dr. Raphael Stricker, the top Lyme and Morgellons doctor.
I urge you to look into those tests from those labs. Also google Nancy Guberti. She works with Morg. people all the time.
PeacockMaiden

Placerville, CA

#9 May 11, 2012
By the way, the fibers in my house and the ones I pull out of my body sometimes move and wiggle on their own too. It's a common Morg. thing. Many suspect that occurs because this organism harnesses electromagnetic energy. Are you noticing much more static electricity at your house lately?
PeacockMaiden

Placerville, CA

#10 May 11, 2012
I have listened to the Dr. Fry article and I wanted to go see him, for both the MS issues and the Morg. issues. I would also like to get the Fry lab testing in addition to the Metametrics testing.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#11 May 12, 2012
PeacockMaiden wrote:
I left this forum in early March when I started seeing fibers in my skin, all around my house (yes, they were also plastered on the bathroom wall), and the proliferation of lint everywhere. There was not a doubt I was dealing with Morgellons, not scabies.
(I think that actual scabies was the vector of Morgellons in my case).
In any case, I have done so many treatments with Morg. protocols, and have seen some improvement, to a certain extent.
There is a pathogenic connection between Lyme and Morgellons, MS, Chronic Fatigue, etc, the list goes on. I was diagnosed with MS 7 years ago, so that connection makes sense in my case.
If you are getting tested for Lyme, be aware that most normal labs only test you for antibodies, and thus you will likely have a false negative result.
Some other independent labs test on several different parameters, like DNA, IGg, IGm, Western Blot, PCR, etc. These tests are way more detailed and more likely to find the Lyme or it's co-infections. Just yesterday I shipped off my blood specimen to NeuroScience Lab for their Lyme testing.
I am working with holistic nutritionist, Nancy Guberti, and she encouraged me to have the Comprehensive Stool Analysis and Organic Acids test from Metametrics Lab. The Stool Analysis will uncover many of the infections in your body. That lab is finding that many of the specimens of Morg. people have a "taxonomy unknown" pathogens. They are seeing pathogens in us that have not previously been identified. This is ground breaking research.
I had those tests done 2 weeks ago and I am waiting for the results. I am certain I have GI parasites, judging from what I see excavated in my stool.
I also have an appointment in June to see Dr. Raphael Stricker, the top Lyme and Morgellons doctor.
I urge you to look into those tests from those labs. Also google Nancy Guberti. She works with Morg. people all the time.
Thanks for your reply. Believe me I have researched Morgellons as well. My theory or belief is that this bacteria/pathogen that I have can get to the point of "Morgellons" if it is not stopped sooner. I think I caught it in time before it got so bad as I had been doing sulfur soap showers, exfoliating and you name it from the beginning of this nightmare. Then I also read that baking soda mixed with 100% maple syrup,(1 part baking soda to 3 parts syrup, cooked 15 minutes stirring constantly) cures cancer. http://cancertutor.com/Cancer02/Simoncini.htm... did lots of research on that too. About 3 months ago, i had been having extreme lower back pain, and my body organs were shutting down I believe. i started taking the baking soda protocol 2 tsp. per day morning and night, plus raw garlic cloves 3 per day, along with Vitamin C, D,Gingko Biloba. Well my back ache is now gone, and things have improved all around dramatically. The so called "hairs" are hardly any now in the bathroom, I did a lot of cleaning in the bathroom to get here. So much to say.... I found out of everything that showers with Grisi sulfur soap (amazon) along with vigourous exfoliating of your body and shampooing your hair daily with this soap, use gloves while showering works much better. I see things vacating my body in the toilet and hardly anything now compared to the beginning, for the first time I have hope. Plus I had this so bad in my hands, I could rub clove oil or such and see specks that were never ending, now very few at all. Not saying its gone because it isnt but its so much better, its going to take 2 years to get rid of this I think, maybe not if I am lucky. So much to remember its such a daily process but you have to get into a regular routine. I will be back in a few days, I get too stressed if I dwell on this too much and I get insomnia. Be sure to research your choices, just saying what I am doing and what is actually working. Good luck to all of us.
Bruce

AOL

#12 May 15, 2012
Persistance,

It sounds as though you and possibly others may simply be experiencing what I did when I saw under 50X (50 power) magnification what appeared to be Morgellons fibers (identical to pictures of them on the Internet) actually growing out of my skin. Fortunately, in my case - thanks to my scientifically trained mind - I couldn't accept what I actually saw as being Morgellons, and considered all other possibilities.

I ended up tracking down the source of the fibers, which were actually fragments of synthetic fibers from my "Goldtoe" brand stockings. I had been laundering them with my undershorts and bathtowels, and the bleach and the action of the washing machine broke many of them down and the fragments contaminated my shorts and towels, and from there further contaminated my skin. And yes they do at times appear to wiggle or curl, depending on the humidity, etc. To learn how I discovered them and eliminated the problem, see my Comment dated January 30, 2012, on the thread entitled, "This isn't scabies folks its morgellons" - the thread is currently located near the top of the second page listing all the threads in the scabies Forum. If you wish, just click the following Link and scroll down:

http://www.topix.com/forum/health/scabies/TFC...

Hopefully that's really the problem many of you have, rather than a parasitic infestation or a pathogenic infection. Note that synthetic fibers are in many fabric "blends", particularly those which are wrinkle free. Good luck to all.

Location hidden

#13 May 16, 2012
Bruce,
It's great that you don't have morgellons.
For those that do, here is some recent research on the subject and some reference to lyme type infections:

http://www.omicsonline.org/2155-9554/2155-955...
Freewheelin Franklin

Golden, CO

#14 Mar 10, 2013
Similar to Lyme,Recently, skin biopsies and cultures from Morgellons patients showed unusual spirochete presence and those spirochetes are identified as Borrelia species.

This is from research done by Eva Sapi of the Charles Holman Foundation.

And Grapefruit seed extract.

http://www.lyme.ws/grapefruit-seed-extract-is...
Dog mom

Placerville, CA

#16 Mar 11, 2013
This is Lyme disease and Morgellons. I thought I had scabies for months on end...until the fibers and black specks started appearing. I soon after tested positive for Lyme disease.
Lyme disease and Morgellons goes hand in hand.
Alex

Romania

#17 Mar 14, 2013
I had scabies as a teenager and now I have chronic Lyme Disease for the past 8 years.
I just wanted to pop in to tell you that scabies is no joke and it's unconfundable, however Lyme Disease can progressively get worse and it's a debilitating illness just like tertiary syphilis (almost identical).
Scabies rash usually appear in the groin area in males, on the penis, on the back, legs and arms. In women rashes can also appear under the breasts.
I am amazed and never heard of any studies showing that lyme rashes can look identical to scabies, I highly deny it.
Project Manager
http://www.lyme.ws/
Sandra

Romania

#18 Mar 14, 2013
You might want to watch Under Our Skin (Full Documentary) on Lyme Disease. This infections is just as dangerous as untreated syphilis.

http://www.alldocumentaries.org/under-our-ski...
FRED

Golden, CO

#19 Mar 14, 2013
Sandra wrote:
You might want to watch Under Our Skin (Full Documentary) on Lyme Disease. This infections is just as dangerous as untreated syphilis.
http://www.alldocumentaries.org/under-our-ski...
Sandra are you familiar with the Cowden method using Samento and Banderol?

Clove taken in capsules also breaks down biofilm.

Ellagic acid from raspberries kills a lot of the free bacteria too.

Olive leaf extract kills the mycoplasma.

Far Infrared restores cellular health and makes all the treatments work faster and more effectively.

I will check out that documentary thanks.

For fun go watch the movie on youtube called "Goth Movie" that is if you like weird creepy murder mysteries.
FRED

Golden, CO

#20 Mar 14, 2013
If anyone watches the "Under our skin" documentary you need to consider that while some strains of the bacteria do cause the severe onset of symptoms that are depicted there are 300 strains of the bacteria world wide and all strains act differently. Some lay in waiting and act as more of an opportunistic disease multiplying when the bodies defenses are low or you are very run down and the symptoms manifest in many different ways at many different rates. You might have it for many years before you even realize it and the symptoms are different from case to case depending on the strain.

http://sci.tech-archive.net/Archive/sci.med.d...

Now a lot of different insects carry some strain of the
bacteria, even mites.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#25 Mar 14, 2013
A dietician was once addressing a large audience in Chicago.

"The material we put into our stomachs is enough to have killed most of us sitting here, years ago.

Red meat is awful. Vegetables can be disastrous, and none of us realises the germs in our drinking water.

But there is one thing that is the most dangerous of all and we all eat it. Can anyone here tell me what lethal product I'm referring to?"

"You, sir, in the first row, please give us your idea."

The man lowered his head and said, "Wedding cake."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Take it to the next level: Albendazole and Praz... (Jul '13) 4 min sdcsteve 56
Is anyone else seeing the mites and picking fro... (Nov '10) 6 hr Meka 19
How to soothe post scabies itch? 21 hr sdcsteve 4
Scabies Clinical Trials Details United States 21 hr sdcsteve 18
How does Ivermectin work exactly? (Mar '11) Aug 18 Laroc17 132
Happy Jack's Kennel Dip II (Sep '11) Aug 18 Derrell 21
Deet for scabies? (Jun '13) Aug 18 Derrell 13
More from around the web