Does bathing in Borax and Hydrogen Pe...
Jim

San Diego, CA

#23 Aug 4, 2013
fmli hatethis wrote:
Okay my son has done the topical treatment along with our 3 year old even though he has no signs because he's been at his grandparents almost all month. My husband and I have the invermectin so hopefully we are on our way to getting cured. We are keeping up with the borax, TTO, Epsom salt, peroxide and all that since it gives some relief so yeah hopefully we get cured soon!!
What is the name of the topical treatment?
I hope that it is Elimite Permethrin Cream 5%. This works, along with stromectol ivermectin tablets. The ivermectin is very effective.

Beware of homepathic sulphur creams sold by internet scam artists here on this forum. HOMEOPATHY DOES NOT WORK TO CURE SCABIES. It doesn't matter whether it is a cream, a tincture, a tablet. Beware and don't waste all your money on these scams.
fmli hatethis

Bozeman, MT

#24 Aug 5, 2013
Yes his cream is permithrin and we have ivermectin so far we are okay just keeping faith that we are cured soon. My baby's feet are normal it was just a few blisters in his sole so those are gone, no signs on my older boy and we haven't bought any of the online scam stuff. I did research a fees but only the reviews so we stuck with simpler things. So far we haven't had new bites yet and I was wondering can we go visit family or do we just stay away for awhile it's hard going from seeing them everyday to not visiting in a week
fmli hatethis

Bozeman, MT

#25 Aug 5, 2013
*a few not fees
Hopeful

Toledo, OH

#26 Aug 12, 2013
i wouldn't suggest that you use this on a child. And it does not work on your scalp. Probably because the pores that the hair shaft comes from are too deep. But what finally worked for our family was straight up peroxide. 99 cents a bottle. Apply all over. Let the skin air dry. Apply daily for 4 days. I kept reapplying it to my hands as I was always getting them wet cleaning something. ( Don't use for more than 4 days) Clean your house thoroughly. Wipe out drawers and nooks and crannies with water mixed with borax. Spray your sofa and upholstered furniture with it. Also do your car. Wipe off your steering wheel, seatbelt fasteners, buttons etc. wipe down your computer keyboard with it too. Door knobs, handles of any kind. Any surface you or your family touch regularly. I changed the all the bedding daily. It helps with the itching too. However do expect to itch for days. Also do avoid sugar. The more sweets you eat ----the itchier you will be. i define a child as someone under 12. Also for my grandson I bought Lice B Gone at the health food store. Expensive but safe for a baby. One of my employees has scabies right now so I came here looking to see if there was something else safe and effective. Looks like nothing is new. Good Luck to all.
no more of them

Birmingham, AL

#27 Aug 13, 2013
I tried gallons of peroxide and cartons of borax, also tried Pine sol baths, and bleach baths.
Scabies were temporarily reduced but returned. My skin was burned by chemicals and peeled several different times. Still had scabies. For 14 months

A topical mix of iveermection, alcohol, and happy jack skin balm has cured me in 3 treatments 4 to 5 days apart. I will take 1 more for insurance. Must treat entire body, including face and scalp.
it worked
FRED

Golden, CO

#28 Aug 13, 2013
no more of them wrote:
I tried gallons of peroxide and cartons of borax, also tried Pine sol baths, and bleach baths.
Scabies were temporarily reduced but returned. My skin was burned by chemicals and peeled several different times. Still had scabies. For 14 months
A topical mix of iveermection, alcohol, and happy jack skin balm has cured me in 3 treatments 4 to 5 days apart. I will take 1 more for insurance. Must treat entire body, including face and scalp.
it worked
So what your saying is that it hasn't really been long enogh to know if you are really "cured".

Since alcohol does really nothing and ivermectin failed you already and the "skin balm" doesn't have anything in it to kill mites but skin balm is marketed to relieve itching I suspect you are a little premature in declaring your cured.
BUggers

Trail, Canada

#29 Aug 13, 2013
no more of them wrote:
it worked
Glad you found a way to succesfully cure yourself!!!
I have looked for Happy Jack and cannot find it. I think it's only sold in the USA. I am in British Columbia, canada.
I am getting desperate. With a set of 5 month old twins and a two year old toddler, I need this problem GONE!!
I've tried the Nix dermal cream 4 times, no go. I just purchased more and phoned the pharmaceutical company directly to see what can be done. They are going to send me some coupons (doesn't help me with the hundreds I've already spent) and lodging a formal complaint.
What I would like to say to anyone reading this who has tried 5% Permthrin treatments: PLEASE take 5 minutes of your time to call and lodge a complaint and they will have to look at finding something that works better. If we don't, nothing will ever change. Let's help force them into finding a better way for us to cure ourselves. We shouldn't have to go to pet stores, or be forced to bath in bleach etc....
In todays day and age, with all the money those damn companies make, they should have treatments or even vaccines that are 100% effective. PERIOD.
no more of them

Birmingham, AL

#30 Aug 13, 2013
I have no more itching, no more bumps. 1st time in 14 months. The ivermectin works but read my post again. Especially the part where I say "must treat entire body, including scalp" thats the important part. We all know alcohol will not kill them. Duh!
The alcohol is the solution used so you can deliver the diluted ivermectin all over your body. The pet skin balm seems oily but is water soluable and dries slowly and helps soak the ivermectin into the skin. You can try something else. Ive had no recurrence of symptoms on last application. Pretty sure Im cured. 1 more in a few days will be just for insurance. I dont want them any more.
Maybe your so critical and smarter than everyone else you need to keep your scabies anyway
no more of them

Birmingham, AL

#31 Aug 13, 2013
I also believe the 5% permethrin will work also. kind of messy, be sure to apply to your scalp, treat ever 4 to 5 days, at least 4 times
no more of them

Birmingham, AL

#32 Aug 13, 2013
FRED wrote:
<quoted text>
So what your saying is that it hasn't really been long enogh to know if you are really "cured".
Since alcohol does really nothing and ivermectin failed you already and the "skin balm" doesn't have anything in it to kill mites but skin balm is marketed to relieve itching I suspect you are a little premature in declaring your cured.
did not say alcohol killed them. Its only a delivery solution. Did not say skin balm killed them. Its only a delivery solution that stays on your skin to help the ivermectin penetrate the skin. You missed the part where I say "must treat entire body, including face and scalp" that happens to be an important part. My treatment worked. What is your treatment "Jergens". Fitting for a jerk.
Guber

Buffalo, NY

#33 Aug 17, 2013
Soak in warm bath with 2 cups of Epsom salt and 1 cup of bleach. Take hot and cold shower ... wash body with Dr. Bonner's liquid peppermint oil soap.
Spray skin with hydrogen peroxide. Eat plenty of garlic. Good Luck!
MrsB

Memphis, TN

#34 Aug 23, 2013
no more of them wrote:
it worked
Where did you get the ivermectin? How much of each did you mix?
Thanks,
MrsB
Christin

Lincolndale, NY

#35 Sep 16, 2013
My doctor I work for diagnosed me with having scabies, however it is only on my arms no where else on my body am I itching or have these little bumps, could it be mistaken for scabies?? I have researched what it looks like n I don't think it adds up the only thing is that I itch terribly at night, I did the promethizine 5% n saw some relief however I have also been exfoliating my arm with proactive body wash and soaking both arms with alcohol and peroxide, it seams to alleviate it but ill have to see in 2 weeks if all this helped
Mom of 6

Charleston, WV

#36 Oct 26, 2013
Please help!! It's been a year and we keep getting it back. Every time we brake out I know what's going on. I call the dr office to see if there's been another out brake and sure as you please they say yes. I need a new way to get these bugs gone that is safe for a 1 and 3 year old. I'm worried about me putting the cream on them so much as I already have. Please I need a new way to get them out of my home for good and keep them away

Since: Jan 14

Philadelphia, PA

#38 Jan 5, 2014
fmli hatethis wrote:
Does the borax really work? My 11 month old got diagnosed with scabies and all I can do is cry. We have no idea where he got it as far as cleaning goes we got stuff in bags, vacuuming carpets n couches. I'm ready to just throw everything away. I can't deal with this. I've been an emotional wreck since his diagnosis because him n his brother are the only ones that have insurance and my boyfriend and I need to go get the treatment but no extra money for it. Help!! Its killing me that its my baby ugh
I know what you're going through I've been going through for months now I threw everything out but my bed I've been through the ivermectin one time 8 tubes of permethenI don't know what to do right now trying bleach hydrogen peroxide and Epson salt baths if you got rid of this let me know how

Since: Jan 14

Philadelphia, PA

#39 Jan 5, 2014
please somebody give me some real advice as to what works I am on disability I do not have prescription insurance everything has come out of my pocket out of money the doctors think everybody is loaded I can just keep buying this Medicine I been to er twice they won't admit you for these things I am at my wits end been living out of plastic bags for months I just want my life back
Long time sufferer

Florissant, MO

#40 Jan 20, 2014
justwannalivelife wrote:
I am one of seven children, we are a family of nine who have been battling scabies for SIX months. As of right now, we are taking borax baths: 2 cups Borax with 2 cups peroxide. We are soaking our head and body and then air drying.
My question is, have any of you had success with this? If so, how much borax and peroxide did you use?? Also- does it work on the head? Five of us have it on our heads, we are SO desperate to find a cure!! If this didn't work then what did for you? Thanks.
It will only make your skin more sensitive. Use Dead Sea Salt in your bath. A lot of Dead Sea about 2 cups per normal tub. Also mix 10% clove oil in with Hollywood tea tree oil and rub that in all over at night. Use virgin coconut oil during the day, it smells better. Wash your hair with Ogx coconut milk shampoo and conditioner, leave the conditioner in as long as you can. Here is the real saver, if you have them in your hair rinse your hair with ice cold water for as long as you can stand it, one minute up to five minutes. You can pour ice cold water on your body as well. Three things mites can't get use too; ice cold water, boiling hot water or clove oil. Most importantly you need to clean before and after everywhere. I use lemon Lysol and oxy clean laundry booster on my hard surface flooring, mop everyday, I use a steamer on my carpet and furniture, everyday, Put your pillows, shoes, coats, and other clothing in a plastic bag and into the freezer for three days. Good luck.
Long time sufferer

Florissant, MO

#41 Jan 20, 2014
Mom of 6 wrote:
Please help!! It's been a year and we keep getting it back. Every time we brake out I know what's going on. I call the dr office to see if there's been another out brake and sure as you please they say yes. I need a new way to get these bugs gone that is safe for a 1 and 3 year old. I'm worried about me putting the cream on them so much as I already have. Please I need a new way to get them out of my home for good and keep them away
Use Dead Sea Salt in your bath. A lot of Dead Sea about 2 cups per normal tub. Also mix 10% clove oil in with Hollywood tea tree oil and rub that in all over at night. Use virgin coconut oil during the day, it smells better. Wash your hair with Ogx coconut milk shampoo and conditioner, leave the conditioner in as long as you can. Here is the real saver, if you have them in your hair rinse your hair with ice cold water for as long as you can stand it, one minute up to five minutes. You can pour ice cold water on your body as well. Three things mites can't get use too; ice cold water, boiling hot water or clove oil. Most importantly you need to clean before and after everywhere. I use lemon Lysol and oxy clean laundry booster on my hard surface flooring, mop everyday, I use a steamer on my carpet and furniture, everyday, Put your pillows, shoes, coats, and other clothing in a plastic bag and into the freezer for three days. Good luck.
Long time sufferer

Florissant, MO

#42 Jan 20, 2014
Use Dead Sea Salt in your bath. A lot of Dead Sea about 2 cups per normal tub. After spray your tub with lysol and a oxy mix, they sell it that way on the shelve, at the end of the day, dont rinse too much , they will crawl back up the drain

Also mix 10% clove oil in with Hollywood tea tree oil and rub that in all over at night. Use virgin coconut oil during the day, it smells better.

Wash your hair with Ogx coconut milk shampoo and conditioner, leave the conditioner in as long as you can. Wash your hair everyday or at least every other day for two months. Here is the real saver, if you have them in your hair rinse your hair with ice cold water for as long as you can stand it, one minute up to five minutes, then comb them out with a small tooth comb. For african-americans, a curing iron will fry them out of your hair on a daily basis. But a curling iron can't get them out of your scalp. Put ponds coconut hair dressing mix with 10% clove oil and more virgin coconut oil on your scalp daily. You can pour ice cold water on your body as well. Three things mites can't get use too; ice cold water, boiling hot water or clove oil.

Most importantly you need to clean before and after everywhere. I use lemon Lysol and oxy clean laundry booster on my flooring, mop everyday, I use a steamer on my carpet and furniture and on the walls as well, everyday, They like to crawl up, so steam the side of your vanity and walls in the bathroom too.

Put your pillows, shoes, coats, and other clothing in a plastic bag and into the freezer for three days. One more thing get a bed bug cover for your mattress. Good luck.
Liz

Fort Worth, TX

#43 Jan 30, 2014
What oral medication works?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Make your own benzyl benzoate lotion 7 hr IamPlagueBringer 1
Ulesfia 5% Benzyl Alcohol (Dec '15) 7 hr IamPlagueBringer 6
Scabies Inside The Vagina (Nov '07) 8 hr TWhitley 129
I am cured using 100% undiluted tea tree oil. (Jan '08) 12 hr Janno 95
the cure is so simple, I can't believe it...... (Jan '11) 18 hr Embrace-Wisdom 1,513
How do you get rid of Scabies if keep poking yo... (Oct '11) Thu Reefkeeper72 32
grapfruit essential oil cured them!!!! Thu IamPlagueBringer 13
More from around the web