Should we Petition the CDC to invesigate Scabies/other mite outbreaks?

Created by WeAllItch on Mar 28, 2013

31 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Since: Feb 13

Royal Oak, MI

#1 Mar 28, 2013
I don't think enough attention is paid to scabies outbreaks. I don't think enough researchers are trying to come up with some sort of vaccination or new cure for this bug from hell. It seems that a person has to go personally through it in order to truly know how horrible, isolating, expensive and depressing it can be to have this bug. It's much worse than having lice or crabs or fleas, since this thing lives in our skin and is invisible, and keeps reproducing, with eggs hatching every 4 or 5 days, etc. etc. No one else except someone who has been through it knows how much we end up paying for prescriptions, creams, cleaning products, water for washing machines, electricity/natural gas for clothes dryers, and on and on. And no one else knows how many tears a person sheds when suffering with this and realizing once again that we have failed once again (and again) to get rid of it. Doctors think we're delusional; and our relatives who don't seem to ever contract it, but still have to live with us sufferers, also think we're crazy for acting the way we do. If any kind of legitimate foundation for the study and eradication of scabies is ever organized, I will be the first to donate money to it. So, yes; I think we should petition the CDC to investigate scabies more than they already have.

One last thought: Thank God for the Internet! I learned 80% of everything I know about treating this bug from reading up on the Internet and NOT from doctors, who are mostly clueless. What would have happened if it had been this bad 30, 35 years ago, and there was not this much information available? Keep writing about it, people, because I think that the better educated we are about this hellbug, the better off we will be.
WeAllItch

Portland, OR

#2 Mar 30, 2013
I totally agree with you on all account WornOutandWeary! That is why I started this poll.
WeAllItch

Portland, OR

#3 Apr 4, 2013
I'm just posting to try to keep this poll near the top of the discussion list so people see it and vote on it.
Scabies Mysery

Medellín, Colombia

#5 Apr 14, 2013
See this thread: no more lies about scabies.
WeAllItch

Portland, OR

#6 Apr 18, 2013
Scabies Mysery,

I just checked it out and responded.
Stressed out and sleeples

San Francisco, CA

#7 Jul 25, 2013
I totally agree with you Worn out and Weary and WeAllitch. I am worried about our workplace where different people come and go, their families - elderly and the children, the community and the nation. IF THE COMMUNITY AND COUNTRY IS AFFECTED< CDC needs to be involved, starting with the state reporting what is happening in their level to CDC. Look at the news.. scabies found in TEXAS, MARYLAND, New Jersey@.... CDC and State Public health need to ACT SOON.. very very SOON!
Stressed out and sleeples

San Francisco, CA

#8 Jul 25, 2013
Worn Out and Weary wrote:
I don't think enough attention is paid to scabies outbreaks. I don't think enough researchers are trying to come up with some sort of vaccination or new cure for this bug from hell. It seems that a person has to go personally through it in order to truly know how horrible, isolating, expensive and depressing it can be to have this bug. It's much worse than having lice or crabs or fleas, since this thing lives in our skin and is invisible, and keeps reproducing, with eggs hatching every 4 or 5 days, etc. etc. No one else except someone who has been through it knows how much we end up paying for prescriptions, creams, cleaning products, water for washing machines, electricity/natural gas for clothes dryers, and on and on. And no one else knows how many tears a person sheds when suffering with this and realizing once again that we have failed once again (and again) to get rid of it. Doctors think we're delusional; and our relatives who don't seem to ever contract it, but still have to live with us sufferers, also think we're crazy for acting the way we do. If any kind of legitimate foundation for the study and eradication of scabies is ever organized, I will be the first to donate money to it. So, yes; I think we should petition the CDC to investigate scabies more than they already have.
One last thought: Thank God for the Internet! I learned 80% of everything I know about treating this bug from reading up on the Internet and NOT from doctors, who are mostly clueless. What would have happened if it had been this bad 30, 35 years ago, and there was not this much information available? Keep writing about it, people, because I think that the better educated we are about this hellbug, the better off we will be.
I totally agree with you Worn out and Weary and WeAllitch. I am worried about our workplace where different people come and go, their families - elderly and the children, the community and the nation. IF THE COMMUNITY AND COUNTRY IS AFFECTED< CDC needs to be involved, starting with the state reporting what is happening in their level to CDC. Look at the news.. scabies found in TEXAS, MO, New Jersey@.... CDC and State Public health need to ACT SOON.. very very SOON!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do you get new bumps after post-scabies? (Sep '11) 1 hr wishful thinking 239
how do i get rid of scabies once and for all? i... (Feb '07) 4 hr bjmmaynard 4,290
Collembola/Springtails (Jan '13) 9 hr marylandscabies 546
Apple Cider Vinegar (Jul '12) 10 hr essential oils 23
How did I get rid of scabies in three seconds (Oct '11) 20 hr BugOut 475
Biting sensation, crawling, thin scratch lines Sat riverliver 4
is possible to have scabies in your mouth? (Mar '12) Sat bronwen1234 15
More from around the web